[ Phil. Drama 2008] My Girl

kim_sienna

Guest naomz

if we'll keep on comparing this to the original well i guess we'll just really get disappointed. i don't really think it can be as good as the original, and the sad part is that it's the truth. abs could've just chosen a different male lead. i've no problem with kim chiu. i don't think ldh is that of a great actress anyway (dodges to avoid the cannon balls from the ldh fans).

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imogene_af

^

*throws dodgeballs* :lol: kidding. I actually prefer LDH in drama/complex roles rather than her cute roles, hence my utter despise for Hello! Miss. Anyway, this is off-topic.

Anyway, I actually do think Kim is more apt to play the role than a lot of the actresses, it's just that she is channeling LDH's erm... earlier mistakes and then she times it by ten. It's horrid but I do see she can improve. She is pretty good in her current show, "Maligno".

BUT Gerald really is a miscast whatever angle I look at it. He looks like a kid going to prom. His hair annoys the hell out of me. And he is just acting like he's in their usual teen romance fare. He doesn't have the COLD quality like Gong Chan is supposed to have during the start of MG.

Disastrous. Remakes are always compared to the original, I'm not even saying that they should do a replica. But the essence is lost, they seem to focus more on the superficial aspects of the original i.e. LDH's overacting in the first few episodes, but they decided to notch it higher ten times more with KIM, Gerald put him in a suit and he's now a "businessman" even though he looks like he is awkward as hell, etc.

They didn't capture the angst-ridden Gong Chan. They didn't capture the soft heart of Yoo Rin. As I said just the superficial aspects of it.

her acting seems a bit off...

i was trying to watch something good on the tv when i saw the trailer...

i wonder how its going to be received by the people?

Since it's main target is the Filipino masses... I think... They'll receive it well =/

:

I'm not really looking forward to it at all, though. I think their acting still needs a lot of work D:

Guest xxnina

I don't like Kim Chiu. And Gerald Anderson. And the rest of the cast. They aren't good enough, nor do they have the experience, to play such a well known kdrama. Much less do justice to the characters they are going to portray.

As much as I love being Fil, the film and TV industry tires me to no end. Honestly. Phil TV, for me, lacks creativity and originality. I mean, how much remakes can we make?

Blah. I won't watch this, that's for sure. :|

Guest Rachel♥OhWonbin

i hate it!

seriously and honestly i really hate it i just saw the trailer and i was really pissed off kim's acting is really over reacting and gerald omg why did they even pick him?! all he does is pa-cute i seriously hate it!

Im not looking forward on this series at all and im so not watching this big waste of time!

Guest yojan17

Kim Chiu has been acting really strange off-cam ever since it was announced that she will be the Philippines' JYR. Maybe somebody told her that she should be bubbly like Yoo Rin and all but she's overdoing it to the point that it's already making her look stupid. It's like she got possessed by a 'maligno' or something. LOL. Somebody please tell her to go back to her normal self. :P

:crazy: @ Tira-Tira! :huh:

Guest madz_kikay

I hate the word tira-tira!! why it was tira-tira?

it must be aja-aja right?basya fighting? or hmmmmmmm..

haizt.. i saw lately the mv of pinay my girl while watching wowowee.. T_T

Guest brniz

oh dear god

i hated the kimerald love team!

they dont have the expierience to headline a series on their own!!!

Mee to!! Her acting skills really pissed me off.

Guest angel2nyt

^

*throws dodgeballs* :lol: kidding. I actually prefer LDH in drama/complex roles rather than her cute roles, hence my utter despise for Hello! Miss. Anyway, this is off-topic.

Anyway, I actually do think Kim is more apt to play the role than a lot of the actresses, it's just that she is channeling LDH's erm... earlier mistakes and then she times it by ten. It's horrid but I do see she can improve. She is pretty good in her current show, "Maligno".

actaully, its more because kim acts better in more serious roles, i remember her first tv series, and she was really good there, and then i saw the trailer for my girl

Kim Chiu has been acting really strange off-cam ever since it was announced that she will be the Philippines' JYR. Maybe somebody told her that she should be bubbly like Yoo Rin and all but she's overdoing it to the point that it's already making her look stupid. It's like she got possessed by a 'maligno' or something. LOL. Somebody please tell her to go back to her normal self. :P

:crazy: @ Tira-Tira! :huh:

i know right..

she seems unusually bubbly.. and she looks really forced hahaha

tira-tira..and i saw the pex forum for this drama, and these users were saying this to everyone, i was so annoyed

Guest cathyy_

i reckon the philippine audience would like this because they like cheesy stuff and kilig stuff if you get what i mean o.o

but i honestly think that kim chiu's acting is so bad and it's like overdoing it

i wonder if lee da hae is offended that they used her o.o''

NOT BASHING.

Guest Nayden

Being a filipino myself, yep I agree, the pinoy audience will love this remake because to be frank, they like anything cheesy, predictable, draggy and over-the-top. It's so annoying, why can't they jst think of something more original! I LOVE the korean ver. of My Girl. All the acting was perfect, naturally funny and they looked good too. The Pinoy version jst cannot compare...from the trailers, it does look kinda funny so I'm willing to give it a go...but why this kdrama? - It is so awesome already..couldn't they just have dubbed it...mehhh :(

I pray it'll come out half decent and that they won't completely butcher it...

Guest whizzer's_rose

^

I loved her in Green Rose more than in My Girl but I have only seen the dubbed version and maybe the dubber didn't do her that much justice so I have to see for myself how it is in the original version. I think the dubbing can be a factor too, like GOONG, I saw the original version and slept on it only after the first episode because the english sub was so bad.

BTW, I think they didn't put that much effort into the show coz in the trailer, the set or shooting location doesn't look that good

Guest hankyung

ooohhh...

maybe just give them a chance

and support them

go go Filipinos!! LOL

---

but I agree with the others

kimerald are so young to play the roles

<_<

Guest naomz

the tira tira is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard! my little sister said, "ano yan tira tirang pagkain?" ("does that mean leftover food?") tira tira can also mean left over other than, argh, what does abs really mean by tira tira? <_<

i agree, gerald looks like he's going to prom! and the original annika wasn't nina right?

Guest imogene_af

I loved her in Green Rose more than in My Girl but I have only seen the dubbed version and maybe the dubber didn't do her that much justice so I have to see for myself how it is in the original version. I think the dubbing can be a factor too, like GOONG, I saw the original version and slept on it only after the first episode because the english sub was so bad.

BTW, I think they didn't put that much effort into the show coz in the trailer, the set or shooting location doesn't look that good

Aikes. I'm not from the Philippines, though I am Filipino but I don't think I can ever watched dubbed shows. Hehe. Those Korean men have the sexiest voices. :lol:

Anyway, I agree the sets, even the cinematography compare it to LOBO is just so "cheapened" ABS just wants quick money on this one. LET US SEE... if it will spill out in the ratings.

"Tira-tira" isn't that from a song? Anyway, it sounds obscene. :lol:

Guest ripgal

I saw the trailer.. and I was like HUHHHHH?? No! Please don't butcher my fav LDH drama of all time..:crazy:

Guest imogene_af

^

Haha girl, I feel the same way.

SABIHIN MO NA (Just Say It) MV for MY GIRL REMAKE:

http://blogwerx.net/2008/05/21/sabihin-mo-...hilippines-mtv/

CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK.

It's a bit amusing and a bit sad seeing some of my favorite scenes relived. I think their use of romantic scenes is too blatant, in the original MY GIRL, one of the reasons why Gong Chan and Yoo Rin worked is because they always had this tension. They would have moments when they would suddenly stare at each other, but slowly veer out of that dangerous territory. THAT'S WHY when they suddenly kissed in the latter episodes it's like a HUGE WAAAAAAH out of my throat because you have been up at the brim with their tension.

Here,it's like blatant gooey-eyes in true Kimerald fashion. Have to spell it out.

Enchong and his friggin' bib as Jung Woo is kind of laughable.

On the good sides: I actually liked the song, and Kim veers from doing okay to like, doing it in overkill, we'll see. I see potential. And their PSY girl, seems to be a good "villain".

Guest ripgal

I just checked out the MV chinggu.. and I was like, err.. not funny... not laughing at all! :lol: Whilst I remembered I laughed so much watching the same scenes in the original..

ACKK.. I'm not familiar with the Kimerald pair or tandem.. but they just look TOOO YOUNG.. esp the guy..

I have nothing much to comment about Kim, but the guy.. I think the way he looks at Kim, a lot of it was like overkill. It's as if he's trying to seduce or charm Kim, when his character Gong Chan supposedly, isn't supposed to do that....it's like so whack for me now..

Archived