[ Phil. Drama 2008] My Girl

kim_sienna

Guest atsigrace

In fairness, kim is really improving with her comedy as well as gerard. I find myself laughing at their scenes together. the one who's playing the role of Anika is beginning to annoy me though.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest myxlove101

Kim Chiu's acting sucks butt.

Its too exaggerated..

isn't the name 'Jasmine' the same as her first drama, 'Sana Maulit Muli'?

Philippines doesn't have creativity pouring out of their noses like Korea.

I don't have anything against them since, I for one is part filipino&Chinese. ;)

They re-make too many things..

Goshhh.. >__>

Have you noticed that EVERY SINGLE DRAMA in Philippines has the same actors and actresses?

They have the same people for different dramas.. It's pissing me off..

There is a bunch of other people to play the roles.. ^^;

Guest felicityporter

I JUST LOVE THIS REMAKE AND IM GLAD KIM PLAYS THE LEAD!!!

I CANT THINK OF ANOTHER ACTRESS TO PLAY THE JASMINE ROLE.

I LOVE HER VERSATILITY, FROM COMEDIC TO DRAMA SCENES.

Kim Chiu's acting sucks butt.

Its too exaggerated..

isn't the name 'Jasmine' the same as her first drama, 'Sana Maulit Muli'?

Philippines doesn't have creativity pouring out of their noses like Korea.

I don't have anything against them since, I for one is part filipino&Chinese. ;)

They re-make too many things..

Goshhh.. >__>

Have you noticed that EVERY SINGLE DRAMA in Philippines has the same actors and actresses?

They have the same people for different dramas.. It's pissing me off..

There is a bunch of other people to play the roles.. ^^;

have you seen d kim samsoon remake? if u think my girl is bad wait til u see dat... ;)

I JUST LOVE THIS REMAKE AND IM GLAD KIM PLAYS THE LEAD!!!

I CANT THINK OF ANOTHER ACTRESS TO PLAY THE JASMINE ROLE.

I LOVE HER VERSATILITY, FROM COMEDIC TO DRAMA SCENES.

have you seen d kim samsoon remake? if u think my girl is bad wait til u see dat... ;)

omg i saw MNIKSS and its... :crazy:

the fattiness looks fake [coz it is]

i dont like her hair..

ok back to my girl.

just as i was starting to like my girl,

they freaking added the OVERRATED nonexistent triangle. GOSH!!

and nicole cant even say ako po si hanna castro!

instead "akor pow si hanna castrow"

I haven't been watching My Girl because I think the pinoy remake sucks much, really, Kim Chiu acts so O.A. all the time and Anika is more desperate than she should be acting, gahh, seriously, she's been annoying me. The real Kim Sae Hyun, portrayed by Park Si Yeon, was so much better at acting than Nina. Though I love them all in real life and in other dramas, they did not do justice to My Girl. Anyway, this should be the last time they do a remake cause ABS CBN sucks at it. And what's up with the random Nicosef pairing? I thought they were over in the PBB house.

Guest myxlove101

have you seen d kim samsoon remake? if u think my girl is bad wait til u see dat... wink.gif

hahaha.. I didn't.. I`m forced to watch My Girl on tfc when my parents ordered it cause they said I needed to get in touch with my 'culture'. hehe..

I watched Kim Samsoon Korean version and I LOVED it!! It was hilarious..

I don't think I can watch the re-make without cursing at the t.v. <_<

can't help to compare to the original, since I loved it,

MY GIRL was one of the first K-DRAMAS I ever watched

ive only seen certain episodes..

and yeah kim tries her best to get the essence

of how lee da hae portrayed yoorin.. cooky, cute, etc.

but yeah sometimes over..

i do wish sometimes, abs got OLDER actors to

play the parts cause for me when i see gerald...

he just seems young for the part when i think of

gongchan/lee dong wook. but i know, since

kim&gerald are such a popular pair/teamup

in the philippines, it means people will watch.

but yeah, i feel it's overall a decent remake. :]

Guest cuteangelika

I watched one episode and it ruined my day. Seriously. I was in a bad mood the whole day -- I snapped at my husband, at my co-worker and almost at my boss. Glad I didnt, or my girl would have cost me my job!!! I mean, I kept on thinking what in the hell did ABS think when they had these kids play the role? I didnt like the acting and kim chiu's voice was so whiny, it was like a bad case of LSS (unfortunately, it wasnt even a song!). Ok, Im not gonna bash the actors nor the drama as I may offend the drama's followers / kim's fans. I really tried to be objective, and I gave it a chance so I tried watching another episode. And im sorry, it really didnt work for me. I cringed in every scene. When they said Ako Si Kim Sam Soon was starting, I was really hesitant to watch that because if My Girl was like this, then AKSS might be even worse - especially with Regine in a fat suit! But to my surprise, it was / is better than My Girl. So I gave up on My Girl and just watched the latter. I know this is a my girl thread and it probably is unfair to compare but cant help it -- these 2 are the first kdrama remakes and it had my hopes up. Oh well, it doesnt help that Im a kapuso as well (but ofcourse, i was trying to be objective).....

--------------

just reading early posts and i realized something... the reason why i didnt "get" this version was because i'm not in the target market for this drama. This was targeted to younger audiences, probably aged 12- 20?, and since Im in my late twenties, naturally, it wont appeal to me...

---------------

wait, i realized something again. I still watch animes and other kids shows, and naruto certainly appeals to me. So, am I missing something? Why o why doesnt this appeal to me?

wait, i realized something again. I still watch animes and other kids shows, and naruto certainly appeals to me. So, am I missing something? Why o why doesnt this appeal to me?

maybe because the cast does not appeal to you?>

Guest etxetera

I'm really bothered with Gerald's second by second ever changing hairstyle when the scenes are supposed to be continuous <_<

In my opinion, Kim is the only thing keeping this series together. Too bad that her charm and acting is not enough to compensate the low budgeted production of this remake. All shooting locations are so cheap and disappointing to the eye. Even the logo of Gerald's company looks like a cheap drawn artwork in cartolina pasted on the wall. I hope next time ABS decides to do another remake they should be sure they have the budget for a better quality output so as Filipinos we can feel proud and not disappointed :phew:

Guest pharell?!

I'm really bothered with Gerald's second by second ever changing hairstyle when the scenes are supposed to be continuous <_<

LOL Hahahahah, its different every scene!

BUT I love Kim Chiu, and shes the reason why I'm watching this. Anyone saw the preview? Jasmine is going to sing to Julian! :D

Guest ethopia

what are nicole,josef and that other guy from pbb there?!!... sheessshh!!! :tongue2:

so nicole is the would be real hannah?? <_< .. i was like.. ok .. they made a diff

approach of MG.. coz in the orig the real hannah was like came out at the

some last parts of the drama...

in MG i only like tony's sister.. she's a better actress than the rest of teeny-bop-mygirl-casts... :P

Guest sunnydays.

Ahh. I think it's weird that they'd add in a whole new storyline revolving Hannah. But, let's see how it turns out. The actors don't really appeal to me, though. :|

Anyway, I think this remake of My Girl is pretty decent. Of course nothing can ever compare to the original My Girl - I totally fell in love with everything about it. & of course, Kim & Gerald aren't LDW & LDH. But I think they're doing alright. Sure Gerald needs to really improve his acting skills, but I believe Kim is doing very well. I like her interpretation of Jasmine/Ju Yoo Rin. (:

Cathy Gonzaga is hilarious (I didn't even know she was Toni Gonzaga's sister until I read this thread D: ) & Julian's secretary is pretty. I think Enchong Dee is doing okay, too. Definitely does not match up to LJK, but... it's okay. Because this isn't the korean My Girl. & I think ED is cuuute. (; LOL. But f'real, the girl who plays Anika is really pissing me off. =___=;;

I know it's hard to not compare the two versions, since this IS a remake of it. But... you guys, lighten up, it's just a drama. :P

Just my two cents. (:

Anyone saw the preview? Jasmine is going to sing to Julian! :D

Yeah, I saw it. I guess it's 'equivalent' to the carrot/obvious song that Ju Yoo Rin sang for Seol Gong Chan? (:

Guys, thank you for visiting the thread of My Girl (The Philippine Version) and for giving out all your thoughts about the drama.

****Attention:****

As a thread starter i really want this thread to be as much informative as it can be. So i'm asking you guys, that if you have links for the whole drama online, pictures, interviews, clips..

Also for the MAIN CAST if you have any link of their sites and the like.

Just PM me. I will update the FIRST POST.

Hope you guys help me, im too busy with work nowadays that's why.

Calling especially those who really love the drama. Let's make the thread ALIVE.

Thanks. :rolleyes:

Guest pandoras0nymph

they've added josef-robi-nicole to the mix? oh great. that's riiiight.... keep saturating this show with MORE preteens who can't act to save a cockroach's life. what a BRILLIANT casting coup.

:rolleyes:

well, of course abs is milking those kimerald and pbb teen ed. fans...haha more like hs musical... <_< kim is kinda okay but gerald? same expressions.. and sucks at acting.

Just how Charice Pempengco's type of singing wasn't very much appreciated in the Philippines because it's common there, is just how My Girl isn't very much appreciated lol. Who knows, foreigners might end up liking My Girl. The only thing I don't like is how it's SO long =/ But I guess that's their idea of original. They add onto the original story.

Archived