Lee Min Ki 이민기

creidesca

3 hours ago, fauna said:

This video of all the characters he has done so far in his career is really beautiful. :wub:

Oooh that's so beautiful, thanks for sharing! Loving his evolution from a cute young boy to a handsome, charming ahjussi. :lol:  I think aside from For The Emperor and A Million, his characters always have a quirky side into them. And he portrayed them so well especially as Byung-hee.

I want to make a collage of all his characters! That video is such a good reference. The maker even included Rainbow Romance and his indie/relatively unknown projects such as Booyong of Kyeryong and Oh Sarah!

- M -

• Like 5

3 hours ago, fauna said:

This video of all the characters he has done so far in his career is really beautiful. :wub:

Whoaaaa... I just had a chance to see this wonderful video!!!! This is so good!!! An HQ one!!! It makes me want to watch all of his works!!! I love Min Ki more <33

Thank you for sharing :)

• Like 7

5 hours ago, fauna said:

Thanks for this.After BTIMFL, I watched his Spellbound.It was actually cute, he is a bit awkward but cute and Son Ye Jin is so pretty. Then I watched Dalja’s Spring (didnt finish yet), he is good looking during his heydeys and his character there is so charming even he is the spare tire.He has chemistry with Chaerim too. 

I also watched Shoot me in the heart, he is soo thin there but I like how he portrayed a carefree with a depth character. Havent watch some of his works yet but I have been watching some clips. I noticed because of his manly features, he has chemistry with fluffy and charming girls. I actually find his “awkwardness” with Kim Go Eun in their interviews cute. They have chemistry.

I found this, they shown Love Truly in my home country before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jughead2000 said:

I found this, they shown Love Truly in my home country before.

I've watched this drama 2 years ago, it was good. I really like the part when bong ki (min ki shi character) say i love you in different language (such as wo ai ni, abdi bogoh ka, etc) everytime eugene (i dont remember her name in there) around but eugene didn't have a clue..

I love the present bongki give to eugene, a white teddy bear that connected to phone, so if bongki calling..the tedy bear move it's mouth like it was the one who talk and its cutee

• Like 1

I think he does bromance really well too. He had chemistry with his male co-star in “Shoot Me in the Heart” and I can’t stop giggling at his goofiness in this clip:

I’m also cracking up at his Jack Sparrow impersonation. His eyes are perfect for this:

• Like 2

Dancing Lee Min Ki :D

I am thinking, since he has been in hiatus and was involved in a scandal, maybe he wouldn’t lead a movie yet? Is it more risky leading a movie than a drama right?

Its just me hoping for him to do dramas for now, than movies. lol 

I like her to work with Kim Go Eun and Han Hyo Joo, Kim Ji Won if possible. Who would you think will be a good fit for him and what role?  

7 hours ago, jughead2000 said:

I like her to work with Kim Go Eun and Han Hyo Joo, Kim Ji Won if possible. Who would you think will be a good fit for him and what role?  

Agree with you, i want to see him working in a romcom with kim go eun and han hyo joo.

btw, thank u all for bringing this thread alive again, i miss him too much. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rinrinkoe said:

Woooow!!!! :thumbsup:

I read in IG, knetz can't wait watching this movie because of Minki !!!  I am proud of him !!

What IG? Knetz usually don’t have IG.We can check the response in Naver, Daum and other Korean sites.

To be honest, International reponse is sometimes not the same with Knetz response.There are actors who are popular online internationally but lukewarm in Korea and vice versa.

I just hope LMK can give off a good impression in the movie. Obviously, the movie is frontlined by the two orginal casts and Jiwon with LMK and KB as supporting - the credits will go mainly to the main actors.But if he shines with his character and performance, then he can again gruadually regain the Knetz viewers

• Like 3

12 hours ago, renvic said:

can we congratulate minki in advance

Wow! That is so great! He certainly chose the right projects for his comeback.

Here is the Detective K 3 trailer with English subs: 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2009 at 8:26 AM, creidesca said:

credits to purpletiger86 for the translation of the above article from movieweek:

A Million, Lee Minki, "I want to be a person who makes good observations"

Pretending to be not nice in front of the camera

His yellow hair felt/looked awkward for some reason. Was it because the image (nice & pure, little brother-like image) we have of Lee Minki was different? He said, "Originally, the concept of my character was very detailedly planned out. During the filming of "Haeundae", my hair needed to be short. But this was not the character that I was thinking of particulary for this movie. A character that is honest and free. Also, most soldiers grow out their hair once their out of the military. Since this is a movie that went into filming 2 months after Haeundae, I wanted to differentiate my character from Haeundae and this movie." In order to create this strong and tough character, Lee Minki sweared a lot off camera during when he was in Australia shooting the movie.

"The hardest part while shooting this movie was becoming friendly with the cast. We felt like a family. But in the movie, I needed to act like I've only met them for the first time. It was difficult to know the exact why to talk and how much I should get along with them.

"Oh, it's already been five years since my debut". Starting for one-episode projects to daily drama. He was not a greedy person, but quickly got casted as the lead role in "Really Really Like You". When he found out he got the lead role, he said to his manager "Are you crazy? Why am I the lead?" That drama ended successfully and he was casted as the lead for his follow-up drama as well. Minki even asked to not keep casting him as the lead, as he feels burden. "I've thought that I was lucky to have such opportunities, but lately, I've been thinking how difficult it is for my colleagues who've worked so hard to be where they are at now." That is why he felt that everything was a bit too much for him. He's gained more than he's expected and thought he had to work harder, which is why he fell deep into his characters.

Whether it's acting or music, there's no "enough" for him. He started music because he loves it so much. He takes all the things that he likes and basically turns them into work. There's not a certain limit to what he does, he must do his best in everything.

On 8/2/2009 at 10:19 PM, creidesca said:

translation of OSEN interview with Min Ki, courtesy of purpletiger86:

"Haeundae", Lee Minki aka Wacky Guy, Why He Was Misunderstood?

20090802083547466a40948.jpg

[The first two paragraphs is basically about the premiere of Haeundae and a brief overview on Lee Minki's success as an actor, which you already know about.]

When Lee Minki is acting, many people compliments him as a passionate actor who is very serious in his work. But on TV variety shows, he is introduced as an unordinary/wacky guy. Why must this be?

Although he's a little shy in front of strangers, he has no problem going about living his life. But whenever he appears on variety shows, people misunderstands him as inarticulate, though he answers questions seriously and acts properly. This was one of his big worries ever since his first appearance on a variety show. He's never sure of whether he should act like a funny guy in front of people/audience or just be in a position where he feels most comfortable.

On a certain variety show, the MC asked what his father does for a living. He could have answered it simply, but from his father's point of view, it might have been a question that shouldn't be answered so easily. Watching the show after it aired, the subtitles read that he was a wacky/unordinary guy who needs to think a long time before talking about his family relationship. And saying things like "he's not fit to do variety shows". Lee Minki was born in Kyeongsangdo, Kimhae. He was most complimented for his brilliant Busan saturi/accent acting. What is his method?

The script that Lee Minki reads is all written in Busan saturi. No matter how much he reads them word for word, it's not perfect because he doesn't use it in everyday speech. So he put in a lot of effort by using Busan saturi whenever he spoke. He's now worried about something and thinks he needs to make Seoul friends. He spend 8 months using Busan saturi, which made him forget how to use standard Seoul dialect slightly.

When Lee Minki first appeared in a one-act drama, he didn't worry much about his pronunciation. He didn't expect to continue as an actor. He was just proud that he appeared on TV. But his thoughts changed once he appeared on "Be Strong Geum Soon". Everyone in that drama spoke in Seoul dialect and he was criticized for the way he spoke because it was difficult to understand.

He spent several hours everyday fixing his pronunciation by biting onto a pen. He also received calls everyday from the director asking if he's practicing. Since he couldn't fix his pronunciation no matter how much he practiced, the director told him "my son grew up in Busan, so the way he talks is like yours".

He really wanted to quit, but he naturally was able to speak in Seoul dialect once he made Seoul friends.

[Then it goes on talking about his character in the movie "Haeundae". Seems like his acting performance was excellent!]

20090802083547466a40948.jpg

20090803093121650a40948.jpg

Resharing interesting stuff in this thread. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 1/3/2018 at 11:04 PM, velvetine said:

I want to make a collage of all his characters! That video is such a good reference. The maker even included Rainbow Romance and his indie/relatively unknown projects such as Booyong of Kyeryong and Oh Sarah!

- M -

A collage would be perfect for his birthday coming up soon! I hope he comes out of the woodwork and posts some birthday pics this month.

It looks like his Indonesian fans are planning to give him a special gift:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2018 at 12:04 PM, velvetine said:

Oooh that's so beautiful, thanks for sharing! Loving his evolution from a cute young boy to a handsome, charming ahjussi. :lol:  I think aside from For The Emperor and A Million, his characters always have a quirky side into them. And he portrayed them so well especially as Byung-hee.

- M -

I actually want to re-watch/watch his older stuff, i wonder if they are up in the internet since most links and videos expires over the years...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mydisplayname said:

I actually want to re-watch/watch his older stuff, i wonder if they are up in the internet since most links and videos expires over the years...

I just started watching Taereung National Village online. It’s only 8 episodes. When his character talks about the Olympics, it reminds me of Ji Ho talking about the hardships of her generation on BTIMFL.

Dramabeans did a positive write up about it: http://www.dramabeans.com/2007/08/taereung-national-village/

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fauna said:

I just started watching Taereung National Village online. It’s only 8 episodes. When his character talks about the Olympics, it reminds me of Ji Ho talking about the hardships of her generation on BTIMFL.

Dramabeans did a positive write up about it: http://www.dramabeans.com/2007/08/taereung-national-village/

Oh, is it available online?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mydisplayname said:

Resharing interesting stuff in this thread. :)

Thanks! You inspired me to start reading this thread all the way back from 2005 :lol:

13 hours ago, fauna said:

It looks like his Indonesian fans are planning to give him a special gift:

Yeah, we plan to send him all of our gifts through our LMK fanbase account. The admin has notified his manager, so he shall be expecting those gifts in January 16th. Hope he likes them!

- M -

• Like 3
  • LOL 1