Lee Min Ki 이민기

creidesca

Guest shahju

i can't wait to watch lee minki's new drama with eugene..from the pics it looks so interesting...so cute!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest uskpop

it's on my CB, check the Drama City and Best Theatre subfolder under the K-drama folder

Great, thank you very much :D

Currently downloading. Can't wait to see it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest genn04

Kim Ok Bin is so lucky to do those shootings with MinKi...he so funny and cute....he looking hot and good....hope he'll get big one day.

Guest cherrie.7

aww.. i really like him although he looks a bit weird to me.. like a monkey but im still a fan of him before i started watching really really like you. hes so funny.. i liked him when he was on xman and drama city and his role on soulstars m/v made me like him even more.

would it be possible for someone to translate this article concerning Min Ki?

“더디 가더라도 연기학원 대신 독학 할래요”

2320060507_23718471.JPG

[한겨레] 문화방송 주말 연속극 <진짜진짜 좋아해>(작가 배유미, 연출 김진만 토·일 밤 7시55분)에서 데뷔 뒤 처음으로 주연을 맡은 이민기를 지난 2일 강남의 한 카페에서 만났다. 그는 지난 2004년 <드라마 시티>로 데뷔한 뒤 이듬해 <굳세어라 금순아>의 시동생 역으로 문화방송 연기대상 신인상을 수상했다. <베스트 극장> 등에 출연했지만 단막극을 제외하곤 <굳세어라…>와 <레인보우…>가 전부다. 그런 그가 데뷔 1년 만에 주인공을 꿰찼다. 한창 들떠 있을 그에게 소감을 묻자 의외의 답이 돌아왔다. “처음엔 안한다고 했습니다. 아직은 제 연기가 함량미달이라고 생각하기에 욕심을 내고 싶지 않았습니다.” 그러나 10회가 방영된 지금은 <굳세어라…> 땐 꿈도 못 꿨던 애드리브를 할 여유가 생겼다.

그는 이 드라마를 하면서는 처음으로 진실한 감정을 표현해야 할 때가 가장 어려웠다고 했다. “극중 봉순 (유진)이가 돌아가신 할머니를 생각하며 눈물을 흘리는 장면이 있습니다. 그 모습을 보고 봉기가 어머니가 돌아가셨을 때의 자신을 떠올리며 위로해야 하는데 진심이 나오지 않아 고생했습니다. 여러 번 다시 찍었지만 감정은 제대로 잡히지 않았고, 결국 감독님께 더 이상 찍어도 소용없을 것 같다고 말씀드렸습니다.” 얼마나 진정성 있는 연기를 보여주느냐가 그의 최종적인 연기 목표라고 한다.

그래서 그는 연기학원을 다니지 않는다고 했다. 스스로 모든 걸 터득해 제 색깔을 찾고 싶기 때문이라고 했다. “연습을 할수록 연기할 때 진심이 사라지는 것 같습니다. <굳세어라…> 때는 대본을 끼고 살았지만 오히려 그게 나를 가둔 것 같습니다.” 하루에도 수십명씩 신인이 나오는 ‘이 바닥’에서 그의 생각은 무모하게까지 보인다. 하지만 스스로 터득해 데뷔 1년도 안되어 주인공을 맡은 걸 보면 그가 어떤 노력을 했을지 짐작된다. “학원에서 1주일이면 배울 것을 2달, 3달이 걸려 알게 되니 남들보다 한 템포 늦을 수도 있습니다. 그러나 걱정되진 않습니다. 마음이 가는대로 자연스럽게 연기를 하고 싶습니다.” <베스트 극장-태능선수촌>은 그에게 그런 가르침을 준 작품이라고 한다. 예전에 비해 자신을 믿게 됐다는 그는 단막극을 많이 해 다양한 연기를 해 보고 싶다고 했다.

연예인이 아닌 배우가 되고 싶다는 그는 하루에도 수십번 자신이 있다가 없다가를 반복하지만 그래도 배우라는 직업이 좋다고 말한다. “잘하고 있는건지는 모르겠습니다. 시청률이 오르고 반응이 좋다고 잘하는건 아니니까요. 하지만 내 스스로가 100% 나를 믿는 연기를 할때까지 최선을 다해 연기하겠습니다.”

남지은 기자 myviollet@hani.co.kr

<< 온라인미디어의 새로운 시작. 인터넷한겨레가 바꿔갑니다. >>

ⓒ 한겨레(http://www.hani.co.kr), 무단전재 및 재배포 금지

<한겨레는 한국온라인신문협회(www.kona.or.kr)의 디지털뉴스이용규칙에 따른 저작권을 행사합니다.>

Litmus Fashion is in the process of updating their site for their summer fashion!

litmussummer06a2ly.jpg

Now I just have to wait a bit more so they can provide pics of Min Ki and Okbin in their catalogue page...currently the Spring Fashion of w/ Song Hye Kyo and Min Ki are still there

Guest jjowah

I very much think he represents the "new generation" of men and womoen in Korea who are separating themselves from old traditional views on beauty, society, gender, etc..and making themselves a new era. He seems like a free spriit. Most of the former models (Joo Jihoon, Gong Hyojin) seem very independent and liberal minded.

I very much think he represents the "new generation" of men and womoen in Korea who are separating themselves from old traditional views on beauty, society, gender, etc..and making themselves a new era. He seems like a free spriit. Most of the former models (Joo Jihoon, Gong Hyojin) seem very independent and liberal minded.

Well for Gong Hyo Jin, one of my favorite actresses, and people like JJH and Lee Min Ki, i personally think they represent a blend and perhaps the best of the old and new. Despite all the talk about 'forward, western' thinking in Korea, it is still very much immersed in the old school ways and traditions.

Even in America, the glass ceiling still exists and its still very much connected to the old school of thought run by 'old money' class. Even with new millionaires popping up everyday, its still very rare to find that in korean entertainment business ive noticed because their agencies/management still take a very large chunk of that fat paycheck.

I think that he is very talented though and has a very bright future ahead of him in the business if put in the right roles and such. And that flower that he has on his car and its symbolic meaning is so soulful. Im loving it all. :w00t:

yay...the Fashion Litmus site is constantly updating...yesterday the wallpaper & catalogue & movie sections w/ Song Hye Kyo and Lee Min Ki were still there, and now they're completely gone! They're getting ready for the Summer w/ Lee Min Ki and Kim Ok Bin!

They've updated their Model section w/ the following:

imgmodel8ny.jpg

and this I found at a korean online shopping mall:

brimage11514nf.jpg

reposting from the RRLY thread, credits to Telly:

Eugene-Lee Min Ki's "Tender-Hearted Cyworld Ilchon" Gains Popularity Amongst Minihompy Fans

** ilchon [일촌] means buddy relationships, often found/formed in online community sites, like cyworld.

2006051115551428407ya.jpg

They bicker like cats and dogs in the drama, but can they be tender-hearted ilchons?

MBC Weekend Drama "Really Really Like You" is amusing its viewers with the dynamic duo of Bong Soon [Eugene] and Bong Ki [Min Ki]. However, their off-screen friendship has become a hot topic after they left messages in each other's minihompy. Especially when they were interesting messages that attracted the public's attention.

Min Ki leaves Eugene this exact message: "Rustic Village Chicken". Eugene, in turn, replies: "Lee Min Ki, I like Coldplay songs, too ~ ^^", admiring the background music playing in Min Ki's minihompy. Min Ki then replies to Eugene's message with such affection: "Yeo ~~~ Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bong Soon Woo Woo Woo Oon Oon!!!!" These messages show the kind of special friendship they both share.

This type of happy atmosphere encouraged fans to leave messages in each other's minihompy. The couple's exchange of messages even brought laughter to a lot of people, who are all looking forward to read many more messages between the two.

On the other hand, not one day passes by wherein the Bong Soon-Bong Ki pairing do not argue or go upon doing their monkey business. Just like in last week's episode, the bath-shower scene that involved Bong Soon and Bong Ki was considered strange. But it surely stirred the imagination of eager viewers who expect a romance to spark between the couple really soon.

reposting from the RRLY thread, credits to Telly

Lee Min Ki's Ridiculous Yet Comical Expressions Are Improvised While Filming Scenes

e720060512237872826wf.jpg

Actor Lee Min Ki hides his real talent, and only flaunts it through his comedic 'gagman' demeanor. He is known in the MBC weekend drama, "Really Really Like You" for making those ridiculous facial experssions.

Because of his animated and lively spirit, he lightens up the mood in the set, which helps rid of others' nervousness. People on the set do not hesitate in accepting this bubbly personality of his, especially his co-star, the country bumpkin, Yeo Bong Soon [who is played by Eugene].

Lee Min Ki's performance is funny to say the least, as he seems to always have some kind of mischievous act planned at the back of his head while shooting a scene. During filming, his bizarre improvisations never fail to fill the filming location with laughter.

His acting skills are displayed through different topics and situations, first when he sings a song from the 1976 animated cartoon called "Paul's Miraculous Adventures" [이상한 나라의 폴]. He also dances, and is said to do very good improvisations during production. He also has a peculiar sleeping habit, wherein he is positioned in a way that his buttocks are lifted up in the air--which is apparently good training for carrying a gun.

The drama producer says: "Lee Min Ki is endearing because he is witty, and is great at improvising when filming a scene. He is a very mischievous actor, which is quite bad, especially when we shoot something serious. However, incorporating his lively spirit with work has definitely brightened up the filming atmosphere."

No Need To Go To Drama School In Order To Become A Good Actor

2320060507237184712om.jpg

Lee Min Ki makes his debut as a leading actor in MBC's weekend drama, "Really Really Like You". After his first appearance in 2004's "Drama City", he appears in 2005's "Be Strong, Geum-Soon!", wherein he won an MBC new actor award. Now, a year after, he makes his debut as a leading protagonist in a drama. When asked about his sudden success, he says: "Initially, I could not believe it. I still think that my acting skills are subpar, and my experience is very little, compared to other actors."

He considers his performance in "Really Really Like You" as a challenge, mostly because strong emotions must be expressed at any given moment. He says that it is difficult, because there is that pressure to do good, and bringing out the proper sentimentality. "There is this one particular scene with Bong Soon [Eugene], where she cries really hard because she misses her grandmother. As Bong Ki, I was supposed to give her comfort, and tell her everything will be alright, but because my mother had also passed away, it was hard to show both sincere emotions of sadness and sympathy in front of the camera. Most of the time, it is hard to capture real and sincere emotions." This goes to show how concentrated an actor must be, before being able to induce believable emotions to the viewers.

He also said that you don't need to attend acting/drama school in order to acquire the proper acting skills. "When one keeps on practicing his performance, all the sincerity within his acting disappears. New actors come out each day, and they will each try their best until they succeed and get discovered. But being a new actor doesn't automatically guarantee you an acting debut after one year. The key to getting discovered is to struggle, and work hard. Maybe then, you will be discovered. It may take from 1 week, to 2 months, or 3 months for one to attend acting school, and in the end, it would not matter much if one's mind is not passionate about acting."

Lee Min Ki also adds: "On a stage or on-screen, talent is all that matters. It won't matter if you went to acting school or not, because what matters is how you present yourself to others, and how your self-confidence shines through. Without these values, you could just be like tens and thousands of other struggling actors out there."

When asked about the success of his recent drama, "Really Really Like You", he says: "It is doing well, and will pick up its pace soon. The show ratings are rising, which is a good thing, but does not matter as much as the performances. Rest assured that the cast and crew will give the show their best, until the show is finished."

wow...this guy is hot! i think he should do more dramas:P hes just starting out, riight?

well before RRLY, he already did 3 1-episode dramas, and then a special 4-episode drama, as well as 2 daily dramas. He had been mostly modeling/doing CFs before then.

and another picture I found for Litmus Fashion's Summer '06 campaign:

a197l62kf4095001at.jpg

not sure when this was taken (I don't really think it's 2003?):

sv3005923jf.jpg