Ichihara Hayato Thread.

Guest JAEHEEE

Guest fantasiimaker

Oh yeah, here's the interview from the Waterboys 2 drama website that I translated and posted before =) You can see a little of his personality through this XD

Translation by Fantasiimaker

[brackets] = translator’s notes

1. Q: It’s your first time playing the leading role, isn’t it.

A: It’s awkward (laugh). Speaking of my first leading role, there’s a happy feeling, but there’s also a “Will I be okay?” kind of anxiety… Furthermore, this time there’s also synchro (synchronized swimming), so I’m feeling a considerable amount of pressure.

Only, even if it wasn’t the starring role, “acting” itself would still be the same, so I wonder if I can become rough…

2. Q: Did you see the movie or the previous work performed by Takayuki Yamada?

A: No, I’m not seeing it (laugh). Because I’m thinking maybe it’ll be bad if I become the same as him.

3. Q: Did you get any kind of advice from Yamada-san?

A: “Try, you! Do your best!”

“Ah, hai!” [hai = yes]

“Jaa na!” [see you!]

“Ah, hai!” …it was that kind of feeling (laugh).

4. Q: Swimming is your strong point, isn’t it?

Because I started swimming when I was 3 years old, I have some self-confidence. Even though my role is one that’s not good at swimming (laugh).

5. Q: Then, considering synchronized swimming also…

That’s right. I like the water, so I’m fine with it.

6. Q: What is the image of synchro?

When a guy does it, there’s a “Hyaaa-!” kind of feeling (laugh), but it’s often seen in such things as the Olympics. Though, I never imagined I myself would be doing it (laugh). But now, I’m thinking I want to practice even if I remain far behind. I don’t like to lose (laugh).

When I went to the pool with my friends,

“That guy’s still here?”

“Ah, he’s not leaving?”

I want to be able to create that kind of stir (laugh).

But, in playing my role, when I say “Do I shave my leg hair?”, I thought “What should I do if it doesn’t grow?” (laugh)

[translator’s note: he laughs a lot XD]

7. Q: There’s no reason that you must shave, right?

But among the boys [waterboys] that talk spreads, “What will you do?”

Everyone said “I’ll definitely shave!” (laugh)

8. Q: What do you think about the character Eikichi? His age setup is the same as Ichihara-san’s…

That’s right. Eikichi is really an ordinary boy, there are also places from which he escapes, and in that area I more or less concur with him (laugh).

I always make blunders too.

9. Q: You play an exchange student.

Exchange students get attention. “Isn’t that guy cute?” and such (laugh)

[translator: EEE yes he is 8D]

10. Q: You have many costars who are the same age as you. How is it?

I get along well with them from living together while filming and such…so it’s fun. Everyone’s good at swimming, and while we’re together, the skill of dancing goes up, so when we’re practicing synchro or dance we suit each other exactly. And then everyone is excited, “It feels great!” (laugh)

11. Q: The boys of Himeno High School establish an oppression of the girls, don’t they. That seems to be pleasant (laugh).

After all, women are strong (laugh).

I’m also pretty shy; if a girl is there and I can’t talk to her, it’s awkward (laugh).

12. Q: Eikichi and the others become fascinated and devoted to synchro. Does Ichihara-san personally have an experience in which you’ve devoted yourself?

That’s a fickle nature (laugh). “Playing is fun,” I go with that sort of feeling (laugh).

But there are some who can be devoted to such an extent, and that’s quite enviable, isn’t it.

13. Q: What is Ichihara-san’s catchphrase this summer?

I can’t play~ (laugh).

14. Q: No, give us one that’s a little more positive, please…

Then, from the synchro practice and muscle training, I want to become better at the things that are difficult (laugh).

15. Q: Lastly, to the fans who have seen your previous work and have expectations this time as well, please give them a message.

Please don’t expect too highly (laugh).

But, completely different from before, I want to try this new drama.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest goodvibrations

Ichihara Hayato acted really well in All about Lily Chou Chou. Great movie. He was also very enjoyable in Aikurushii. Poor boy overplucked his eyebrows lately, it seems.

Hey guys. It's me AMARANTH. Thanks JAEHEEE for saving the thread. I was thinkin' in my head, omg what am I going to do about the thread.

I'll try to repost his pictures again.

Guest JAEHEEE

Hey guys. It's me AMARANTH. Thanks JAEHEEE for saving the thread. I was thinkin' in my head, omg what am I going to do about the thread.

I'll try to repost his pictures again.

No problem MOE ^ ^.

You probably love his as much as I do too. harhar.

Guest dvsasiand0ll

this boy.... is one of the most gorgeous japanese guy i have seen :D if im wrong someone show me something better haha :)

Archived