Quantcast
Guest joongielove

What Song Are You Listening To?

@Sejabin  Great song you shared sounds like you had an amazing uncle who loved you and knew music...:heart:

to close the :heart: in February, one song that I like very much from Japan ^_* 

I always like MTV unplugged version because the music arrangement always beautiful

@USAFarmgirl thank you :blush: that song is the collaboration between Malaysian and Indonesian musicians. the singer, Siti Nurhalisa writes the lyrics and Indonesian arranger composed the music for her. they recorded it in here too and making the MV in here too ^_* .. btw I very close with my uncle because I grew up and spent my childhood in my grandmama's house :wub: uncle is a professional local singer in my city, Makassar Indonesia and during his childhood he was trained to sing classic professionally. actually he is a classic singer but nowadays people rarely sing classic in my country so he later sings pop. he was a national champion of classic singing when he was a college student ^_* #1 in whole Indonesia at that time (around 1980s) xixixixi he has many senior singers friends in Indonesia but he doesn't make singing as his professional job. if there's national singing competition in Indonesia such as Indonesian idol, usually he will be one of the judge before they sent the participants to Jakarta and compete there. but music is not a job. he said to me let us do it as a hobby. hehehe ^_* (sorry for the long paragraph. heheheh)

• Like 3

I fell in love with this song and I am sure the voice and OTP had a little something to do with it LOL:tounge_wink:

What a Heavenly Way to Die - Troye Sivan

• Like 1
  • Love 3

9 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

I fell in love with this song and I am sure the voice and OTP had a little something to do with it LOL:tounge_wink:

did you watch fate & furies?

love this song.. and the choreography adds to the romantic vibe... :love:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

@Lmangla Yeah, I did watch Fates & Furies and it was well worth it to me although I regret not watching it with others here and getting the chance to write about it.  Sometimes you pass up some dramas for lack of time or even interest while choosing others.  My bad that I didn't choose correctly at the time but at least I changed my mind and thankful I did...  What I did realize was there is magic in certain actors that work together and in Cunning Single Lady and this drama this OTP certainly has that magic...

What I really thought about while watching this drama wasn't the fluff for it was more drama but instead it's message.  Love isn't about holding oneself back, but rather in sacrificing your all...

@USAFarmgirl ~ the drama for me was so-so; had great start and then somehow limped to the end.... but if you do like intrigue kind of drama with romeo-juliet type romance angst, am reminded of giant with the same actor. it is 50 episodes but it is the sort of story that sucks you in... it has some great background OST -- the kind that totally sets the vibe and mood to the period piece. you can feel the depth of emotions this drama will have just from this opening track...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@Lmangla Thanks as always!  I'm going to give it a try as lately It's been more about sadness or struggle in my choices whether Korean or Chinese :wacko:

@USAFarmgirl ~ am surprised that you liked fate and furies. kekeke... which is why I recommended giant but I feel like I should warn you that the drama is like a book -- it covers 25-30 years and makes references to actual events in korean history. but it has a great fighting spirit even as there are lots of sad things that happen. but definitely worth a watch. like I said, it is the type of story that sucks you in as you are not sure what on earth will happen... but if you are in the need for a good comedy, would highly recommend sood sanae ha. always makes me laugh even on a re-watch and gives you such fluffs and squeals!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@Lmangla kind of turning this thread into our conversation but what the heck!!  Who doesn't love Ken dang he is in the fluff family LOL:tounge_wink:  Not to mention has a sweet family of his own in real life... Rahut Torachon isn't my usual but I watched it and really liked it too.  I'm not all fluff even though I love it....

Spoiler

Love this ost even more in Majurat See Nam Peung...  An arranged marriage story not sure why but I seem to be attracted to them too!:wacko:

Spoiler

Currently I'm listening to these 3 on repeat, love them soooooo much:

Goobye My Princess ed song:

The Legends OST & ed song:

• Like 4

21 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

Love this ost even more in Majurat See Nam Peung...  An arranged marriage story not sure why but I seem to be attracted to them too!:wacko:

I checked out this series after you mentioned it USAFarmgirl! The girl is so sweet!! I still cannot understand the charm of these rude, sadist heroes in thai lakorn! But it seem the trend is still very strong there.

Higher I Will Go - Jamie

• Like 4

Watching Goodbye My princess, reminds me of the lyrics of this song.... 好心分手, released in 2002, this song has left in mark on my memory.. talking about two people at the end of a relationship.

The woman ask him to let her go... while the male keep asking her to forgive him.... regardless what their ending... what this song represent is the hopelessness that the woman felt during the relationship... for her rather than turning their story into a toxic relationship.. she ask him to let her go...

[Male] Breaking up with the best intention (from your point of view) means being abandoned every day (from my point of view)

[Female] The one who sings can't help it, If it is so difficult to move forward, let's go no further and just right stop here.

[Female] Just set me free, all my work has been for nothing. The past years and months have not been spent joyfully

[Male] Why sing this song? (And) Breaking up because of resentment

[Male] (I'm) Asking you if you can forgive me

[Female] If we must suffer, why don't I just break it off now?

• Like 1