Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

x_shirley

Couple Ipod Touch Questions

Because I'm A Noob
1. Which is better for the batteries, if you put it in sleep or turn it off?

2. I want to delete files from my touch but it my iTunes doesn't show the sub menus in my iPod. There is no little triangle...? Help. =]

3 When I click on the iPod section under "Device" The screen it keep taking me to is the software upgrade. When I press "No Thanks" then it takes me back there again!

4. Is there any way for me to add in my own album covers and wallpapers?

I've already set up the syncing thing, but I've only see the sub menu on the iPod once, right after I did it, and that was it.

There is no "Sync" button for me to put my songs into the ipod either! =[

1. I would guess turn it off, because in sleep you're still using power, albeit a lil.

2. & 3. First of all for all iTouchs you need to update your iTunes which is making wonder why you didn't say yes to the update, I mean its there for a reason. ._. That's why now when you get an ipod you don't get a cd with it. So before you ask abt the sub menus and stuff at least try to download the update. As I recall the last update was to fix bugs in the software. ._. If you still have issues afterwards respond back.

4. Yes, first of all copy the picture, then highlight all the songs that you want to have that cover, then right-click and click on edit info. A window will pop asking if you're sure you want to edit multiple items at once. Click yes and then you'll a new window ft. artist, year, etc. On the right side slightly down there's a blank square and on top of it or near it is "Album Cover" (or similar) Right click on the box, press paste and the pic should pop up. Then press ok and that's it.

Please respond if these don't work!

4. was really understandable except for the highlighting part... would I highlight it in itunes, or in some kind of folder?

2 and 3 - I did update it... right after I downloaded itunes. Then It asked me to download another one. Heres a picture.

untitled.jpg

It says I have to pay for the upgrade. That is why I did not do it. and After i clicked "No Thanks" it still bring me back to this page. =[

Thank you for your help btw. =]

All these months I had my iPod Touch I found that putting it to sleep actually saves more batteries than powering off and on. Is okay to update the iPod to 1.1.3 but that message is going to keep popping up until you paid for it and that sync in to your iPod. All the update is for is to give you those native iPhone apps, the ability to customize home screens, and lyrics support. To me you can simply just jailbreak for it, but then I had my problems with jailbreak draining battery so I just ended up getting that update. To bypass that, just click on the music folder under your iPod on the left side.

To bypass that, just click on the music folder under your iPod on the left side.

That's one of my question though... the music folder does not show up for me so I can not edit my songs. =[

Thanks for replying. =]