Ju Jihun 주지훈 - [Upcoming Drama 2024] Dominant Species [Movie 2023] Project Silence [Movie 2023] Ransomed

Admin

*** The nominees for the film categories of the 55th Baeksang Arts Awards have been announced! I'm happy that JJH is nominated in the best actor race. :P Congratulations JJH & hope you'll bring home the bacon! I still haven't seen this movie - I hope I can have the DVD copy of the film soon. Reviews are good........... He deserves for the nomination!

Best Actor

• Like 1

*** I find "The Item" good drama. IDK why it didn't do well rating-wise. But, I'm satisfied with the happy-ending. I'm a sucker for happy-ending stories. I watched the drama mainly for JJH. It had the most interesting plot, although some reviews said that it was not executed properly. It was definitely not perfect, but it was enduring to reach a fitting closure. :P

• Like 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Apr. 1-7, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

This week also saw the finale of Item, the clear underdog of the Monday-Tuesday bunch. After 32 episodes, the show never got anything higher than 5 percent.

Monday, Apr. 1      
My Fellow Citizens 1 KBS 6.8%
My Fellow Citizens 2 KBS 7.5%
Haechi 29 SBS 7.2%
Haechi 30 SBS 8.1%
Item 29 MBC 3.8%
Item 30 MBC 4.8%
Woohoo Waikiki 2 3 JTBC 2.0%
That Psychometric Guy 7 tvN 2.6%
Tuesday, Apr. 2      
My Fellow Citizens 3 KBS 7.0%
My Fellow Citizens 4 KBS 8.4%
Haechi 31 SBS 7.8%
Haechi 32 SBS 8.4%
Item 31 MBC 3.5%
Item 32 MBC 4.2%
Woohoo Waikiki 2 4 JTBC 1.8%
That Psychometric Guy 8 tvN 2.7%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/04/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-apr-1-7-2019/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Forbes Korea is releasing regularly its annual top "Power Celebrity 40" list, which ranks the most popular and influential celebrities.The list is based on income, influence, reputation and expertise that include number of endorsements, most searched names on search engines in South Korea, magazine cover appearances, donations to charity and mentions in media. Nominees are selected from the fields of film, drama, variety, music, and sports. Then sales, frequency of media appearances, variety activities and professionalism are researched.

**********************************************************************************

Forbes Korea Names Top 40 Power Celebrities Of 2019

Forbes has announces its annual list of the Top 40 Power Celebrities in Korea for this year!

Forbes Korea narrowed down the list to 150 nominees by looking at search rankings provided by Kakao, with the time period being from March 2018 to February 2019. The Top 40 was then chosen from this list. People who are currently involved in controversies were excluded.

Up to last year, the rankings were determined by scores in media, earnings, and broadcasts. This year, Forbes Korea used the criteria of frequency of media exposure, earnings, broadcasts, and social media.

The rankings in the “media” category are determined by the frequency of mentions in news headlines from 53 national media outlets who are registered with the Korea Press Foundation.

The “broadcast” category aims to determine the popularity of celebrities amongst viewers of all ages by considering factors such as appearances on dramas and variety programs, viewership ratings, and MC roles.

The “earnings” category includes money earned through appearances in films, television broadcasts, and advertisements, as well as profits from songs and performances, annual salary, and prize money. Music data is acquired from Gaon Chart, and international music chart rankings are also reflected through data from Chartmetric. Advertisement earnings were based on data from the

Advertising Information Center database, with brands scored based on rankings (major companies as A, small and middle-sized companies as B, and local advertisements, etc. as C).

The “social media” category was included in the ranking for the first time this year. Statistics were compiled based on statistics from celebrities’ official accounts, including YouTube subscribers and followers on V Live, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.

35. Park Joon Hyung
36. Baek Jong Won
37. GOT7
38. Ha Jung Woo
39. Ryu Hyun Jin
40. Joo Ji Hoon

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK to see the full list : https://www.soompi.com/article/1320892wpp/forbes-korea-names-top-40-power-celebrities-of-2019

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I stumbled across Ju Ji Hun recently when I watched 'Item'........I'm surprised I hadn't watched any of his movies/dramas before.....he was completely off my radar but now I am catching up on everything :p  I'm not sure if I'll watch  Kingdom....not really a fan of zombies but maybe I'll grit my teeth and give it a go.  I did find 'The Treacherous' and 'Asura: The City of Madness' a bit much but enjoyed his acting in 'The Spy Gone North' and 'Dark Figure of Crime'  and of course the 'Along with the Gods' movies....I'm a now fan :P:wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Joo Ji Hoon To Embark On 1st Tour Of Asia

Joo Ji Hoon To Embark On 1st Tour Of Asia

May 24, 2019
by E. Cha

Actor Joo Ji Hoon will be holding his very first fan meeting tour of Asia this summer!

On May 24, Joo Ji Hoon announced his plans for his first fan meeting tour “All About Joo Ji Hoon,” which will kick off in Seoul this July and take the actor to a total of four cities across Asia.

Joo Ji Hoon will be holding his first fan meeting in almost six years on July 21 in Seoul, after which he will travel to Bangkok, Hong Kong, and Taipei to meet his fans abroad.

The actor has recently starred in a string of hit films and dramas, including the “Along with the Gods” series, “The Spy Gone North,” “Dark Figure of Crime,” and the popular Netflix series “Kingdom,” for which he is currently busy filming a second season.

If you haven’t already seen it, you can watch Joo Ji Hoon in his latest drama “The Item” below!

• Like 1

The 14 Best K-Drama Rom-Coms Of All Time

With the scent of summer in the air and the anticipation of a fun-filled summer up ahead, it’s the perfect time to binge watch some classic K-drama rom-coms to get you into that summer romance feel. Rom-com dramas, when done right, are the best kind of genre to watch.

They make you feel good, tug at your heartstrings, and totally have you a believer in love. All aspects that we can dig, right? There’s obviously been a lot of rom-coms out there in the K-drama world, but very few earn the title of being the best of all time. Here’s a look at 14 of those titles (in no particular order).

Warning: Minor spoilers ahead.

13. Goong

Another Yoon Eun Hye series, but one that can’t be overlooked, is “Goong” – also known as “Princess Hours.” Yoon Eun Hye plays a normal high school girl named Shin Chae Kyung who is forced into an arranged marriage with the wealth and handsome royalty, Lee Shin (Joo Ji Hoon). Shin is not very fond of Chae Kyung at first and makes her feel pretty self-conscious, but when he starts to realize his feelings for her, the series really gives the feels.

goong.png

On top of the amazing script, choreography, acting, and charisma from the actor, there’s a love triangle, which obviously makes it all the more intense. You’ll also see the younger Song Ji Hyo who acts as Shin’s first love.

This series has got all the elements that make a K-drama rom-com totally worth the watch. It’s stood the test of time and has become the first K-drama that people watch that sucks them into the K-drama world.

princess-hours.gif

Start watching “Goong”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

*** I heard that Song Hye Kyo and Joo Ji Hoon will work together for a new KBS2 drama, titled 'Hyena'!  It's a Wed-Thurs series, set to air sometime this November. 'Hyena' deals with very competitive, private lawyers who only work for the richest 1% of society. Joo Ji Hoon's character Yoon Hee Jae is reportedly the most conceited lawyer of his kind, convinced that he controls the fates of Korea's richest 1% with his skills in law.  While Song Hye Kyo will reportedly play the role of a lawyer named Jung Geum Ja, a true hyena of a lawyer ignoring all law and morality if it means she can win her case and earns her pay from the richest 1% of Korea. I want to see them together. I'm happy that JJH is back again on the small screen. :P

• Like 2

*** Key East said "Hyena" is just one of the offers Ju Ji-hoon is considering. While  Song Hye-kyo has not made any confirmation yet. :P I hope we could get to hear some news about this soon.

Song Hye-kyo, Ju Ji-hoon may co-star in new drama

optimize

By Dong Sun-hwa

Top actors Song Hye-kyo and Ju Ji-hoon may co-star in the new drama "Hyena."

"Song received the drama's script but has not made a decision yet," a spokesperson for her agency UAA said Thursday. "She has been reviewing various works."

KEYEAST, which represents Ju, revealed "Hyena" is one of the works Ju has been looking at.

The soap opera revolves around lawyers who represent the high-class. It is not a legal drama, but a story centering on people.

If the actors confirm their appearance, Song will play a money-oriented character, with Ju taking the role of an elite lawyer.

The TV series will reportedly go to air in November.

Song, 37, is a leading hallyu star with dozens of hits, including drama "Autumn in My Heart" (2000), "Full House" (2004) and "Descendants of the Sun" (2016).

Ju, 37, has appeared in several works including TV series "Princess Hours (2006)," and the film "Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds" and its sequel in 2017-18.

credit : Korea Times

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

[HanCinema's News] Five Different Genres for Mise-en-Scene Short Film Festival's Honorary Judges

photo1074788.jpg

The Mise-en-Scène Short Film Festival, which starts on June 27th, has made a point of selecting five well known actors from genre films as honorary judges. Ju Ji-hoon, Moon So-ri, Go Ah-sung, Ryu Deok-hwan, and Lee Si-young all correspond to different diverse genres in the Korean film industry today, and help emphasize the industry's breadth of genre diversity.

Last but not least, Ju Ji-hoon demonstrates possible opportunities for expansion, as has been shown by his lead role in "Kingdom" by Netflix, building off of an already impressive career. The Mise-en-Scène Short Film Festival is at least in part an opportunity for aspiring filmmakers to show what they're capable of, and these honorary judges show the many different paths a career in the South Korean film industry can take.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Written by William Schwartz

credit : Hancinema

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome news...he won Best Actor for 'Dark Figure of Crime' :D  So well deserved... congratulations Ju Ji Hoon ssi :wub: His portrayal of Kang Tae O is gripping and despicable especially when you realise this movie is based on a true story.  

축하해요!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1339621wpp/winners-of-2019-chunsa-film-art-awards

47 minutes ago, luvkstyle said:

Hi luvkstyle, thanks for sharing the pictures. Congratulations JJH for winning in the 24th Chunsa Film Art Awards as the Best Actor from "Dark Figure of Crime" movie. :P

photo1082868.jpg

Picture credit : Hancinema

*** The Chunsa Film Awards are a prestigious institution which recognises the best and brightest of the Korean film industry. The

2019’s event took place last night, July 18th at the COEX Auditorium in Seoul. Joo Ji Hoon won Best Actor for his part in Dark Figure of Crime. He thanked the film’s director and expressed his happiness at winning the award. Congratulations to JJH! :P

• Like 1