Ju Jihun 주지훈 - [Upcoming Drama 2024] Dominant Species [Movie 2023] Project Silence [Movie 2023] Ransomed

Admin

On 8/8/2018 at 8:53 PM, willenette said:

***I'm happy that we get to read & hear MORE news about JJH now. (2) of his movies are all a HIT! He must have a good eye for picking his projects. I'm glad that so many blessings are coming his way.  Looking forward to watch them soon. JJH is a good actor.  He has talent! This is why talent is important.  I love Joo Ji hoon!  :lol:

@willenette, Me too....
We will also have him in "Kingdom" and "Kingdom 2" BTW...

BTW -I saw Along with the Gods part 2 this week. It is fantastic.... So much so that I dreamed about it the whole night... It so effected me...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, evie7 said:

I'm so happy for him! :heart:

Hi evie, I am, too! His (2) movies are both box-office HIT! Korean Film Council reported that “The Spy Gone North” had surpassed 2 million moviegoers just five days after its premiere on August 8. Congratulations to the cast and crew of “The Spy Gone North”! (2) extreme hit movies back to back + a drama on the way...Isn't that impressive?  It must be Joo Ji Hoon's year! Thanks for sharing the picture. :lol:

• Like 1

‘Gods’ holds off ‘Spy Gone North’ : Big-budget sequel is likely to surpass the 10 million total ticket sales mark this week

Despite the debut of a strong contender, fantasy blockbuster “Along With the Gods: The Last 49 Days” was crowned the winner of Korea’s weekend box office, holding off competition from newly-released espionage flick “The Spy Gone North.”

From Friday to Sunday, the “Along With the Gods” sequel sold 1.57 million tickets at 1,380 screens, accounting for 36.2 percent of the weekend’s total ticket sales. According to data provided by the Korean Film Council, the film’s accumulated ticket sales as of Sunday is nearing 10 million, and is likely to hit the mark this week.

Adapted from Joo Ho-min’s sensational webtoon of the same title, the movie, released on Aug. 1, is a follow-up to the megahit “Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds,” which was released in December. The first film sold a whopping 14.4 million tickets, becoming the second best-selling film in Korean history after 2014’s period drama “Roaring Currents,” which sold 17.6 million tickets.

The Lotte Entertainment release tells the story of three grim reapers - played by Ha Jung-woo, Ju Ji-hoon and Kim Hyang-gi - and their relationship a thousand years ago, when they were still alive. Actor Ma Dong-seok co-stars as a tender-hearted god with tremendous physical strength which allows him to knock down several grip reapers in a single swing, but he is unable to lay a finger on humans.

The espionage flick “The Spy Gone North” arrived at a close second.

Screened in the out of competition section at the Cannes Film Festival in May, director Yoon Jong-bin’s flick sold 1.42 million tickets in its debut weekend, making up 33.2 percent of weekend sales.

Starring Hwang Jung-min, Lee Sung-min and Cho Jin-woong, the spy movie is based on a true story of a former South Korean military officer named Park Seok-young. The story develops as Park is recruited in 1993 by the National Intelligence Service to infiltrate North Korea amid leaks of information that North Korea is developing nuclear weapons.

Without flashy action scenes, the CJ Entertainment release calmly maintains tension throughout the two-hour movie. Since its release on Wednesday, the movie has sold a total of 2.07 million tickets.

The sequel to the musical flick “Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again,” featuring Amanda Seyfried and Meryl Streep, came in third while the third installment of the animated vampire series, “Hotel Transylvania 3: A Monster Vacation” took fourth place.

Tom Cruise’s “Mission: Impossible - Fallout” slid three spots to round out the top five in its third weekend. It has sold a total of 6.15 million so far, an unsurprising performance given the franchise’s popularity in Korea - the 2011 installment “Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol” sold 7.5 million tickets.

The summer vacation season has proved to be an ideal time for family-friendly animated films, as animated features “Detective Conan: Zero the Enforcer,” “Hello Carbot the Movie: The Cretaceous Period” and “Incredibles 2” came in at the sixth, seventh and the eighth spots.

BY JIN MIN-JI [jin.minji@joongang.co.kr]

• Like 2

*** 'Along With the Gods: The Last 49 Days' has broken box office records in multiple countries. In Taiwan, the movie became the highest grossing non-Hollywood movie during opening week. In Hong Kong, it's now the highest grossing Korean movie during opening week and the #1 Asian movie in 2018. It's also the highest grossing Korean movie in USA, Australia, New Zealand, and Vietnam. I've watched the Part 1 & it's good. It had a lot of cool visuals. JJH deserves this! :lol:

“Along With The Gods 2” Breaks Box Office Records Worldwide

196e3f71274346cbafca64886bf65be4.jpeg?s=

“Along with the Gods: The Last 49 Days” is smashing box office records all over the world!

The new film, which was released on August 1 as the second installment of the “Along with the Gods” series, has broken countless records in Korea over the past two weeks. Not only was it the first Korean film to surpass 1 million moviegoers on its opening day, but it also set a new record for the highest number of moviegoers in a single day when over 1.4 million people rushed to see the film on August 4 alone.

However, the film has also been breaking box office records in other countries across the globe as well. “Along with the Gods: The Last 49 Days” had the biggest opening week of any Korean film in history in Taiwan, where it made a whopping 5.8 million dollars in ticket sales over just seven days. Not only did the movie beat Hollywood blockbuster “Mission: Impossible — Fallout,” but it also achieved the third-highest first-week sales in the nation after “Avengers: Infinity War” and “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.”

“Along with the Gods: The Last 49 Days” also enjoyed a historic opening week in Hong Kong, where it not only achieved the highest first-week sales of any Korean film, but also the highest opening sales of any Asian film in 2018. The movie made an impressive 3.3 million dollars at the Hong Kong box office in just one week.

The film also set new records for the biggest opening week of any Korean film in North America, Australia, New Zealand, and more recently, Vietnam. Its recent Asian press junket was the largest-scale junket in Korean movie history, spanning seven countries and approximately 250 media outlets.

“Along with the Gods: The Last 49 Days” is slated to premiere in 11 more countries this September, including Thailand, Myanmar, Indonesia, Laos, Cambodia, Singapore, Malaysia, and the Philippines.

Congratulations to the film’s cast and crew on its continuing success!

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 2

@willenetteIt really is impressive,  not one but two of the biggest box office hits of the year is just fantastic.  I remember after Mask reading about the movie roles he was taking, thinking (selfishly:P) awe it's going to be a while before I get to see him in a drama but now w/all the success he's having in movies, it's ok if we have to wait longer.

5 hours ago, evie7 said:

@willenetteIt really is impressive,  not one but two of the biggest box office hits of the year is just fantastic.  I remember after Mask reading about the movie roles he was taking, thinking (selfishly:P) awe it's going to be a while before I get to see him in a drama but now w/all the success he's having in movies, it's ok if we have to wait longer.

Hi evie, I really hope that his next project after these movies will be a drama soon. "Along With the Gods: The Last 49 Days" surpassed 10 million in attendance on the 14th day of its run.  With this accomplishment, I read that it became the 22nd film to hit the milestone in Korea, following Marvel's superhero movie "Avengers: Infinity War" and the second "Along With the Gods" film to record more than 10 million in attendance. The film is scheduled to open in 11 other Asian countries, including here in my side by early September. Looking forward to this. :lol:

• Like 1

*** Congratulations!  Since I've watched the 1st one, I want to see the sequel soon. I hope it's as good as the 1st one.  :lol:

'Along With the Gods' becomes Korea's first ever series to have both movies reach 10 million moviegoers

EXO-DO-joo-ji-hoon-ha-jung-woo-ma-dong-s

'Along With the Gods: The Last 49 Days' now has 10 million moviegoers.

As of 2:38PM KST on the 14th, the movie now has 10,002,508 moviegoers, making it the 17th Korean movie to reach the feat. 'The Last 49 Days' reaching 10 million moviegoers means that 'Along With the Gods' is now the first and currently only Korean movie series to have all movies over 10 million moviegoers.

'The Last 49 Days' currently holds various records in Korea as well as overseas. The series has confirmed a 3rd and 4th movie.

source : allkpop

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wanda77 said:

"Kingdom" is announced on Netflix in 2019. 

Hi wanda ohhh.......................I almost forgot about this upcoming drama. I guess this is just a mini-series since it's a short one with only 6-EP. So, this is confirmed to be released next year & not this 2018. I'm just happy that he took this role despite that he was just the 2nd choice. (first offered the lead role for Song Jong Ki, but declined.) :lol:

• Like 1

K-Movie Review: “Along With The Gods 2”, An Emotional Journey With A Tint of Comedy

Along With The Gods 2: The Last 49 Days is an improvement to what was not previously achieved by its predecessor. Read on.

qmer8zsmq7f0suru5tmj-e1534267886826.jpg?

Based on an award-winning web-comic, which surpassed over a billion views, Along With The Gods is South Korea’s first 2-part feature film. Dealing with 7 trials within 49 days in the afterlife, the film features an ensemble star studded cast and promises an epic scale fantasy genre, mixed with thrilling action and heartwarming drama.

Along With The Gods 2: The Two Worlds debuted in December 2017, while its Part 2, The Last 49 Days, was theatrically released in August 2018.

Genre: Fantasy, Drama
Director: KIM Yong-hwa
Cast: HA Jung-woo, JU Ji-hoon, KIM Hyang-gi, Don LEE, KIM Dong-wook, LEE Jung-jae
Language: Korean (BM, Chi, English subtitles)

Synopsis

Along with the Gods 2 : The Last 49 Days follows the journey of three Afterlife Guardians and Su-hong as they journey through their 49th trial in order to gain their reincarnation. It showcases how the Guardians slowly recover their forgotten memories through the Household God in the living world.

Sweeping the attention of 10 million viewers in its second week of release, Along With The Gods 2 has definitely raised the bars for the movie industry. But this achievement does not come unidentified; different aspects of the movie proves itself deserving of the 10 million and counting views.

Here are the several highlights, although the list is exhaustive, of why we think so.

Unexpected Plot Line

along-with-the-gods-the-last-49-days-cr-

If its previous counterpart centers itself on the seven trials and judging the dead’s afterlife fate, Along With The Gods 2 seems to take a slight detour. The second installment focuses predominantly on the relationship between the grip reapers; within the context of the afterlife journey. Many aspects stayed from Along With The Gods: The Two Worlds, such as the seven trials, judges, reincarnation, and story plot. But the previously unrevealed relationship between the grim reapers and those alive makes the story an emotional one.

As paradoxical as it may sound, this second sequel serves as a prologue and epilogue to its first installment.

Comedic Effect

02192828.jpg?w=610&ssl=1

Comedic relief is a major, and most satisfying improvement when comparing both movie sequels. While having a rather deep and dark theme, pulling off occasional little jokes makes certain aspects of this movie memorable. The appearance of actor Ma Dong-seok sure helped boost the movie’s comedic effect. But the scriptwriters’ ability to keep the jokes relevant has played a huge role in it.

And it is within those tiny jokes that the storyline becomes more touching than it is intended to be.

Visuals

awtg2-2-h_2018-e1534269038973.jpg?resize

Spoiler

Having an amazing storyline is probably halfway in working towards an impeccable movie production. The other half goes to how well the visual production is executed. The movie’s first sequel proved the production team’s expertise in CGI and the aesthetics. And this one shows no different. However, a praiseworthy aspect of Along With The Gods 2 is its transitions; that’s being said, the ability of smooth transition visuals between the so-called 1000 years ago period and the current era.

Conclusion

If we have to define the two-hour movie into a sentence, it would probably be “an improvement to what was not previously achieved by its predecessor”. From the movie’s general outline to minute complexities, the production team has successfully showcased what learning through experience means. With the confirmation of its third and fourth sequel, a large extent of effort must now be exerted to meet the growing audience expectations. But with how much the improvements have been made whilst comparing its first and second parts, aiming higher seems viable at the current pace.

Special thanks to tvN Asia & tvN Movies for the preview screening invite of “Along With The Gods 2: The Last 49 Days” at Cinemaxx Semanggi in Indonesia

source : HelloKpop

Spoiler

• Like 2

August 16, 2018

[Box Office] Movies in theaters this week

The Spy Gone North
(Korea)
Opened Aug. 8
Drama
Directed by Yoon Jong-bin

As North Korea pursues a nuclear program, the South Korean intelligence service sends a black operative, Heukgeumseong (Hwang Jung-min), to Beijing. Disguising himself as a businessman, the spy soon gains the trust of high-ranking North Korean official Lee Myeong-un (Lee Sung-min), and commences his mission to infiltrate the highly secluded country.

20180815000027_0.jpg

Along With the Gods: The Last 49 Days
(Korea)
Opened July 1
Action, Drama, Fantasy
Directed by Kim Yong-hwa

Gangrim (Ha Jung-woo), an agent of the afterlife, attempts to clear his client Kim Su-hong’s (Kim Dong-wook) charges in a trial after death, while his colleagues Haewonmak (Ju Ji-hoon) and Lee Deok-choon (Kim Hyang-gi) try to bring an elderly man living past his due time to the underworld. But the trio’s past threatens both missions.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Korea Herald

• Like 1

*** ‘Along With the Gods: The Last 49 Days' has dropped new still cuts in celebration of reaching 10 million moviegoers The movie is now the first and currently only Korean movie series to have all movies record over 10 million moviegoers. Some of the cuts were during filming while others are behind the scenes. :lol:

joo-ji-hoon-ha-jung-woo-ma-dong-suk.jpg

cr-allkpop

‘Along with the Gods 2’ becomes box office hit

180816035502_0.jpg

"Along With the Gods: The Last 49 Days" has become a domestic box office hit with the number of viewers surpassing 10 million.

The film reached the record attendance figure on the 14th day of its release. With the accomplishment, it became the 22nd film to hit the milestone in Korea.

The first installment, "The Two Worlds," attracted an audience of 14.41 million in Korea. In South Korea, an attendance figure of 10 million holds significance as the standard for major box office hits.

credit : KBS World

• Like 1

***It looks like that he's really close with JJH. hahaha  - :lol:

Cha Tae Hyun jokes about Joo Ji Hoon's ban and says he's waiting for him on 'Radio Star'

cha-tae-hyun-joo-ji-hoon.jpg

Cha Tae Hyun expressed his wishes for Ha Jung Woo and Joo Ji Hoon to guest on 'Radio Star'.

He was a special guest at the 'Along with the Gods: The Last 49 Days' special GV screening, where he explained, "I came right after my 'Radio Star' recording. Usually, I'm filming a drama, but today I could come because it was 'Radio Star'. I'm glad I was able to make it."

SEE ALSO: 'Along With the Gods' writer reveals he originally wanted this actor rather than Cha Tae Hyun for the role of Kim Ja Hong

The actor then said, "Today's recording was fun. 'Radio Star' is always waiting for Ha Jung Woo, but he said he won't come out. I told Joo Ji Hoon to come, but I'm not sure if his ban from MBC is over yet. As soon as it's over, I'm going to bring him on."

Joo Ji Hoon's ban from MBC has in fact been lifted since July 2013 following his previous ban from both MBC and KBS due to drug charges.

Do you think we'll see him on 'Radio Star' soon?

source : allkpop

• Like 1

On 8/15/2018 at 7:37 AM, wanda77 said:

"Kingdom" is announced on Netflix in 2019. 

@willenette  We both had forgotten about that one. Thanks wanda77, I hope you get to watch them both on the big screen. I'm not one to watch zombi movies but since it's JJH I'll watch w/one eye closed.  I'm just dying to watch him in a romanceembarrassed1-onion-head-emoticon.gif

• Like 2