Ju Jihun 주지훈 - [Upcoming Drama 2024] Dominant Species [Movie 2023] Project Silence [Movie 2023] Ransomed

Admin

*** I’ve watched “Along with the Gods 2 & it was very good to see Ju Ji-hoon (as Haewonmaek) again in the sequel. I think it is essential to watch the first film first before watching this sequel, which I did. JJH played well his part. It feels like the film has to justify every bad deed of all the characters, and ends up making some of them saints, though. The action was good and the CG -- considering the budget -- was top marks. :P

Netflix shares still photos of 'Kingdom' Season 2

Netflix on Monday unveiled still photos of the second season of its first original Korean drama series, "Kingdom," ahead of its expected release later this year.

The photos show a herd of zombies who never fall asleep although the sky is getting brighter with sunshine and the drama's hero, Prince Lee Chang (played by Ju Ji-hoon), drawing his sword in the darkness.

20190304000608_0.jpg
(Netflix)

Premiered in January, the television series has drawn big attention at home and in other Asian countries for being Netflix's first original Korean drama series and a rare zombie thriller set in the Joseon period (1392-1910).

It was directed by Kim Seong-hun of the 2016 film "Tunnel" based on a script by Kim Eun-hee of the TV series "Signal.

20190304000609_0.jpg
(Netflix)

The first season brought together Ju, Bae Doo-na and Yu Seung-ryong.

The filming of the second season began last month and it remains undecided when it will be released. (Yonhap)

*** I feel so sad & bad about JJH's drama, "The Item". It has the lowest viewer rating. According to Nielsen Korea nationwide, the episodes of the drama last night rated 2.6% and 3.4%. The numbers went down again compared to the previous episodes. ^_^ The figures are such a disaster.

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Feb. 25-Mar. 3, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

At the beginning of the week, we had Item clearly struggling in ratings while everyone else sped ahead.

Monday, Feb. 25      
Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2 21 KBS 5.0%
Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2 22 KBS 6.5%
Haechi 9 SBS 5.4%
Haechi 10 SBS 6.1%
Item 9 MBC 2.8%
Item 10 MBC 3.7%
The Light in Your Eyes 5 JTBC 5.8%
The Crowned Clown 14 tvN 8.7%
Tuesday, Feb. 26      
Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2 23 KBS 5.4%
Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2 24 KBS 6.3%
Haechi 11 SBS 5.0%
Haechi 12 SBS 6.4%
Item 11 MBC 2.8%
Item 12 MBC 3.8%
The Light in Your Eyes 6 JTBC 6.6%
The Crowned Clown 15 tvN 9.5%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/03/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-feb-25-mar-3-2019/

7 Idols Who Look Like The Younger Version Of Other Celebrities

Did these idols secretly time travel?

Have you ever wondered what your favorite idol would look like all grown up? Well, they may look a little something like some other famous celebrities! Although not all idols have a grown-up version of themselves, fans have noticed that these 7 idols look like younger versions of these 7 actors and actresses. So, if you want to take a look into the future to see what your bias will look like, you may not have to look any further than these celebrities!

4. Wonwoo (SEVENTEEN) and Joo Ji Hoon

Joo Ji Hoon and Wonwoo have left fans speechless with their similar visuals.

wonwoo 1

joojihoon 1

Their smiles, delicate facial features, and even auras are surprisingly similar!

wonwoo 2

joo ji hoon 2

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

kingdom season 2 stills

201903041109345661_18789237712985190995.

Is Joo Ji Hoon even done filming Item yet? Just askin’ because new stills for Season 2 of Netflix series, Kingdom, have been released, together with the cast and crew all prepped up for the next round. He is officially one of the busiest actors in Korean entertainment at the moment.

5c636eb23b000033046b0ac12167904727942232592.jpg?w=620

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2019/03/04/kingdom-season-2-stills/

[Photos] New Behind the Scenes Images Added for the Korean Drama "The Item"

photo1041232.jpg

photo1041234.jpg

photo1041235.jpg

Spoiler

photo1041237.jpg

photo1041240.jpg

Source : /www.hancinema.net/ko...

Spoiler

For Your Viewing Pleasure: A Floral Spring

Welcome back to another installment of For Your Viewing Pleasure, where we take time out of the week to curate a set of photos from the K-pop landscape.

With the flowers slowly blossoming and the weather changing for the better, what better way to celebrate than to don an array of floral outfits. Slipping flowers into one’s look is not difficult, and there are a variety of ways it can be done. Yeom Jung-ah is classy with her accessories, whereas Ju Ji-hoon goes all out with a loud, patterned top. The lovely dresses that incorporate flowers in their designs also make for refreshing and youthful looks. There’s no better time to ditch the down jackets and switch up to match the coming Spring.

20190305_seoulbeats_jujihoon_arena.jpg

source : seoulbeats

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Mar. 4-10, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

Monday, Mar. 4      
Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2 25 KBS 4.3%
Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2 26 KBS 5.9%
Haechi 13 SBS 5.4%
Haechi 14 SBS 6.4%
Item 13 MBC 2.6%
Item 14 MBC 3.4%
The Light in Your Eyes 7 JTBC 5.1%
The Crowned Clown 16 tvN 10.9%
Tuesday, Mar. 5      
Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2 27 KBS 5.8%
Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2 28 KBS 7.0%
Haechi 15 SBS 6.6%
Haechi 16 SBS 7.9%
Item 15 MBC 3.5%
Item 16 MBC 4.0%
The Light in Your Eyes 8 JTBC 8.4%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/03/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-mar-4-10-2019/

• Like 1

KIM Eun-hee, screenwriter of KINGDOM

“I want to address politics through the zombies”

iKaLYDJbXTwJBgwylcgA.jpg

Netflix Original Series Kingdom is now available on the VOD service. This is the first period piece, as well as the first zombie story, from screenwriter KIM Eun-hee who has made her name in genre TV series with Sign, Phantom, and Signal. The much-anticipated first season having been successfully released, KIM Eun-hee explained that the story was inspired by the Annals of King Sunjo which are part of the Annals of the Joseon Dynasty (an extended corpus of official records that were kept daily from 1413 to 1865). The premise is that people living under the oppression of the authorities with nothing but hunger are turning into zombies. KIM Eun-hee’s own vivid descriptions of real life and the social critique that comes with it shine again in Kingdom. We met her to learn more about the emergence of zombies in the Joseon Era.

You must have heard various reactions to Kingdom.
Netflix doesn’t disclose its viewing figures, so I have no idea when I should be happy and when I should feel ashamed. (laughs) Someone asked me, “Why are you nervous? You can determine the success of a Netflix Original series by whether or not it is getting renewed for a second season, and season 2 has already been greenlit”. For now, I’m simply thrilled just from the fact that we completed Kingdom.

Associating zombies to the Annals of the Joseon Dynasty is an original idea. How did you come up with it?
I like zombie stories and tried to find plenty of shows and movies, but after watching them I would often find the sight of zombies moving in flocks somewhat sadder than at first glance. They are a form of life full of hunger, living beings that only have appetite! After that, as I was reading books on the Annals of the Joseon Dynasty and the great famines, I started wondering what would happen if we incorporated zombies to the most disastrous period, when the hunger was at its worst.

I heard that Kingdom had long been a troubled project.
I had nothing more than this interesting idea, but when I looked at the state of the Korean TV series industry, I thought it wouldn’t be easy to actually film it. The same could have been said in the film industry. It wasn’t really until TRAIN TO BUSAN (2016) that what we call “zombie films” became possible. Before that, there was a lot of pessimistic reactions. I tried several times to tell people in the industry that I had this project, but they were lukewarm. (laughs) So I just kept dreaming alone, but one day, after the end of TV series Signal, I was contacted by Netflix asking me if I was interested in working with them. It was only then that I felt like I could make the zombie series I had dreamed.

Spoiler
You personally brought KIM Seong-hun (films A Hard Day and Tunnel) on board to direct the first season. How was your collaboration?
It was the first period drama for both of us so I figured we could help each other. As I wanted to show a lot of unique settings in Kingdom, having good communication and being on the same wavelength was more important than having experience in period dramas. Both of us are talkative. We also know well each other’s style. Generally, once a series starts, there is almost no time to communicate with the director. This time, though, the pre-production was perfect, so I had a lot of time to discuss with the director.

You stressed a few times already that Kingdom is a story about hunger, but what is it you wanted to express with this motif?
The first thing I wrote on the white board of the studio when we started was, “What is called politics?”. I wanted to show more than a few aspects of politics, not only irresponsibility and corruption among the ruling powers. What I mean is, in Dongnae we can see an incompetent and irresponsible ruling class, while in Sangju we see a ruling elite that has a sense of duty. There have been great leaders comparable to Crown Prince (JU Ji-hoon) and Lord Ahn Hyeon (HUH Joon-ho) in history too. I wanted to show several of such characters in all their diversity.

UkpEjfkVtmmkXfCSeRSh.jpg

Whereas TRAIN TO BUSAN follows the characters from Seoul to Busan, the main characters in Kingdom travel from Dongnae, the former name of Busan region, to Hanyang, known today as Seoul.
It is the story of a Crown Prince who left home and is now going back, but he has to face extreme odds on the way. That’s why I thought it would be better to send him to the location that is the furthest in distance, and strangely enough it’s Dongnae that came to my mind at that time. Having thus decided which path the characters would take, they would naturally have to cross the Baekdu-daegan and so we could have natural landscapes. Personally, I wanted Kingdom to have all the antiqueness of Korean traditional houses, and as it became the story of a journey to Hanyang along the Nakdong River, it allowed us to show beautiful vistas.

How were the zombies of Kingdom conceived?
The way some foreign series depict zombies as a virus was extremely impressive, and I like reading books on diseases like Ebola or on epidemiological investigation. So even though the zombies in Kingdom are made of several kinds of hungers, the characters in the story are put in a situation where they see it as a plague. What would have happened had there been an outbreak of disease like cholera or typhoid in Joseon? This was the fundamental idea.

Did you notice any difference between working on a Korean series and working on a Netflix series?
With Netflix, I was given the recommendation not to make the episodes too long. While a Korean series would have required around 45 A4 pages, for Kingdom I was told that 27-28 pages per episode would be more appropriate. At first, adjusting to this constrain was difficult because it was a strong habit. For the second season, however, I’ve got quite used to it so the writing was much easier.

Speaking of which, please tell us more about the plot of Season 2.
The story of the second season will start in winter, and the characters will have to deal with greater emotional hardships and events. Personally, there are more stories I would like to tell about these characters. That’s why I would like to pen a third season.

There are great expectations for your next project.
I’ve started working on the script for Signal 2, but it’s still in an early stage. And after that, I would like to venture into science-fiction. What I would like to do is not just writing another story set in space, but a very Korean take on SF.

credit : http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/interview.jsp?pageIndex=1&blbdComCd=601019&seq=368&mode=INTERVIEW_VIEW&returnUrl=&searchKeyword=

Spoiler

• Like 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Mar. 11-17, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

Monday, Mar. 11      
Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2 29 KBS 5.2%
Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2 30 KBS 6.9%
Haechi 17 SBS 6.5%
Haechi 18 SBS 7.5%
Item 17 MBC 3.2%
Item 18 MBC 3.6%
The Light in Your Eyes 9 JTBC 7.7%
That Psychometric Guy 1 tvN 2.5%
Tuesday, Mar. 12      
Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2 31 KBS 6.3%
Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2 32 KBS 7.3%
Haechi 19 SBS 6.1%
Haechi 20 SBS 7.2%
Item 19 MBC 3.4%
Item 20 MBC 4.1%
The Light in Your Eyes 10 JTBC 7.9%
That Psychometric Guy 2 tvN 2.2%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/03/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-mar-11-17-2019/

• Like 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Mar. 18-24, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

Monday, Mar. 18      
Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2 33 KBS 5.0%
Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2 34 KBS 6.0%
Haechi 21 SBS 5.5%
Haechi 22 SBS 7.0%
Item 21 MBC 2.9%
Item 22 MBC 3.5%
The Light in Your Eyes 11 JTBC 8.5%
That Psychometric Guy 3 tvN 1.9%
Tuesday, Mar. 19      
Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2 35 KBS 5.1%
Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2 36 KBS 6.0%
Haechi 23 SBS 5.7%
Haechi 24 SBS 6.7%
Item 23 MBC 2.8%
Item 24 MBC 3.5%
The Light in Your Eyes 12 JTBC 9.7%
That Psychometric Guy 4 tvN 2.1%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/03/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-mar-18-24-2019/

• Like 1

10 Older Romance K-Dramas That You Need To See

916d36aaf14f4aa1bc39da48d11c9cca.jpeg?s=

It feels like just yesterday I was watching these K-dramas as a kid, which are now referred to as “older K-dramas.”

It’s easy to get excited and sucked into the dramatic world of K-dramas these days, but there are lots of K-dramas from way back when that can be thoroughly enjoyed today. Here’s a look at 10 of those older K-dramas that you should definitely give a watch!

Goong

goong.jpg

In this modern sageuk, Yoon Eun Hye stars as Shin Chae Kyung, a normal high school student who is forced into an arranged marriage with the Crown Prince, Lee Shin (Joo Ji Hoon). The marriage is tough for Chae Kyung as Shin has someone he’s already in love with — Min Hyo Rin, played by Song Ji Hyo. Chae Kyung must learn to put up with the cold-hearted Shin.

goong.gif

“Goong” is one of those K-dramas that any K-drama newbie will totally fall in love with. It’s got so many epic K-drama tropes that are thoroughly entertaining and will keep you on your toes. There’s also a sweet love triangle with Lee Yul (Kim Jeong Hoon). The set design and costumes are also fantastic, as the series has both modern and historical influences. It’s definitely one that will be enjoyed if you were to watch it today!

Watch “Goong”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

Dramabeans posted an Actor Spotlight on JJH:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/03/actor-spotlight-joo-ji-hoon/

It seemed from reading between the lines that the writer hadn’t actually watched a lot of the listed projects as they kept  describing what the story “sounded like” rather than commenting knowledgeably. I know Dramabeans has had issues creating consistent content lately and maybe they just wanted to push out an article. However it was still a nice summary of JJH’s career highlights thus far and made me want to rewatch some things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Mar. 25-31, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

Monday, Mar. 25      
Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2 37 KBS 6.7%
Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2 38 KBS 7.8%
Haechi 25 SBS 6.5%
Haechi 26 SBS 6.8%
Item 25 MBC 3.5%
Item 26 MBC 3.7%
Woohoo Waikiki 2 1 JTBC 2.1%
That Psychometric Guy 5 tvN 2.3%
Tuesday, Mar. 26      
Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2 39 KBS 7.9%
Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho 2 40 KBS 9.3%
Haechi 27 SBS 6.7%
Haechi 28 SBS 7.4%
Item 27 MBC 4.1%
Item 28 MBC 4.4%
Woohoo Waikiki 2 2 JTBC 1.8%
That Psychometric Guy 6 tvN 2.8%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/03/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-mar-25-31-2019/

• Like 1

*** Last night, April 2 the fantasy drama, "The Item" aired its final episode. I love the drama & I find it good - IDK why it didn't do well, rating-wise. JJH & the team worked hard for this drama. ^_^  “The Item” gathered 3.5 percent and 4.2 percent in its finale.

• Like 1