Ju Jihun 주지훈 - [Upcoming Drama 2024] Dominant Species [Movie 2023] Project Silence [Movie 2023] Ransomed

Admin

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Nov. 29-Dec. 5, 2021

LINK here : https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/12/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-nov-29-dec-5-2021/

Saturday, Dec. 4      
Young Lady and Gentleman 21 KBS 29.8%
The Red Sleeve Cuff 8 MBC 10.5%
Now We Are Breaking Up 8 SBS 6.9%
Inspector Koo 9 JTBC 1.7%
Chimera 11 OCN 1.2%
Happiness 10 tvN 3.3%
Jirisan 13 tvN 7.7%
Sunday, Dec. 5      
Young Lady and Gentleman 22 KBS 32.6%
Let Me Be Your Knight 5 SBS 1.6%
Inspector Koo 10 JTBC 1.8%
Chimera 12 OCN 2.1%
Jirisan 14 tvN 8.2%
  • Like 1

*** “Jirisan” ended on a significant rise in viewership for its final episode, which scored an average nationwide rating of 9.2 percent last night December 12. Notably, the finale marked the first time that it managed to break past 9 percent. It's sad to be saying goodbye to this drama. The ending was beautiful. When the nurse said that ju ji hoon is still alive, I feel relieved. I loved the drama. It's just a shame that early in its run the directing is a bit all over the place. Still, I enjoyed watching it. I praise all the amazing casts, and all the production team including the writer & the PD for their hard work.  :heart2:

0003995993_001_20211213091401019.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=011&aid=0003995993

*** "Jirisan"  ended with the usual 16 episodes, having had consistently strong ratings. :blush:

***************************************************************************************************

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Dec. 6-12, 2021

Link here : https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/12/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-dec-6-12-2021/

Saturday, Dec. 11      
Young Lady and Gentleman 23 KBS 29.5%
The Red Sleeve Cuff 10 MBC 10.2%
Now We Are Breaking Up 10 SBS 6.8%
Inspector Koo 11 JTBC 1.5%
Chimera 13 OCN 1.2%
Happiness 12 tvN 4.2%
Jirisan 15 tvN 7.6%
Sunday, Dec. 12      
Young Lady and Gentleman 24 KBS 33.6%
Let Me Be Your Knight 6 SBS 1.7%
Inspector Koo 12 JTBC 2.3%
Chimera 14 OCN 2.0%
Jirisan 16 tvN 9.2%

*** The ratings of "Jirisan" are actually decent for a tvN drama. It's a high-budget drama considering that the drama came with a star-studded casting including the screenwriter. Good, that this is happy-ending story. I enjoyed watching the drama. I can't get why they say it was underrated because of poor directing. I guess because there were very little buzz for this drama. High profile cast + writer + pre-airing buzz + high-budget = should have done much better than this. I feel that some were being harsh for "Jirisan", though. It was a very demanding drama  to shoot on location. It's not a common theme.:sweet:

• Like 1

*** In JJH interview with the fashion magazine 'COSMOPOLITAN', he talks about his career and his favorite things. During the interview, he was asked which character he would like to play again if he could choose. Without a doubt, Joo Jihoon picked his character Lee Shin from 'Princess Hours.' The interviewer then asked him if he has ever heard about the possibility of the drama remake. To this, he said, "I could not (act as Lee Shin) because I am old now. But still, I think I will contemplate if they give me the offer." ('Princess Hours' was Joo Jihoon's debut project and Lee Shin was his first male lead). He revealed that the producer scolded him a lot due to his poor acting at that time.  :kisslevel:

20211214_060031_172_0.jpg

source : Gstarlive

5 Reasons to watch ‘Jirisan’ starring Ju Ji Hoon and Jun Ji Hyun

Jirisan starring Ju Ji Hoon and Jun Ji Hyun is another nice catch and unique Korean drama in 2021. Many people anticipated this series because of the powerful casts who will also dominate the upcoming seasons of Kingdom. However, some viewers also doubted the series after watching the initial episodes — they find it slow-paced, not in the mood to continue, or it is not just their cup of tea.

Jirisan is indeed a drama tackling a different theme other than the usual in the K-drama scene, hence the viewers are not used to it making it unique in some aspects. It is for the people who seek the thrill and vibe of mysteries while looking and enjoying the new approach of the series. As for me, I honestly enjoy the series and how it plays a weird and mysterious act in my mind. To be fair, listed below are the reasons why you should watch, Jirisan!

Spoiler

1. Mount Jirisan and the people

No description available.

Jirisan has a unique setting, it tackles the beautiful Mount Jirisan found in South Korea as well as the people living near the mountain and the Mountain Rangers who take care of it. The series brings a new atmosphere and outlook to Korean dramas for introducing a place that did exist in Korea and the lifestyle of the people there — showing the other life and side of South Korea other than the city and beaches.

2. Sacrifices and dedication of the workers

We normally see the common jobs in Korean dramas such as office jobs, teachers, and businesses. In Jirisan, they also tackled the difficult workload in the field jobs. Mountain rangers are not popularly known by the masses as well as the people who work in taking care of the environment. In this series, we will be able to see how dedicated and hard their work is in protecting the mountain and securing the safety of the people. They are risking their selves climbing in the mountain and in helping the people who were stranded.

Aside from that, in the episodes of Jirisan, we will also be able to witness how workers from different fields reunite in upholding peace and balance in our surroundings. They are all willing to risk and sacrifice things for the sake of others.

3. Direction of the plot

A lot of people got confused because of the shifting of the years in the series from the year 2018 to the present year 2020. But, this is the amazing structure of the series that would build excitement in the way of revealing things. Viewers would look forward to both what happened in 2018 and what will happen now in 2020. The shifting of years is just a good way of showing the plotline.

4. Mystery in the mountain

Mountains are mysterious considering the vast area and there are probably living creatures that we didn’t know and seen yet. Hence, you can really sense an eerie vibe in Mount Jirisan amidst its beautiful view. The story not only goes on the mountain itself but also the killings that occurred in it. Unfortunately, a lot of people died in the mountain and things will unveil in the series having an exciting ending episode.

Added as well that Hyun Jo (Ju Ji Hoon) can foresee the murders in the mountain before they happen. Look how intense it is!

5. Amazing casts

Jirisan has powerful casts that are veterans in the industry! Even the new actors are also good that made the story well-acted. They are all a pro considered that the main casts performed an incredible dedication while filming in the mountain and in environmental disasters such as flood and fire, which these scenes really look real.

source : https://annyeongoppa.com/2021/12/13/5-reasons-to-watch-jirisan-starring-ju-ji-hoon-and-jun-ji-hyun/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

7 Korean actors who had successful comebacks after being involved in controversies

Not every celebrity is able to do the same.

2021 is definitely not a peaceful year for Asia’s entertainment industry with various top names being blacklisted and having their careers ruined due to shocking scandals over personal lives, such as Zheng Shuang, Kris Wu, Ji Soo, Kim Jung Hyun,…

With the current prevalence of “cancel culture” in the entertainment industry, do these celebrities still have a second chance? Let’s take a look at 7 Korean actors who made victorious comebacks after getting embroiled in huge scandals.

2. Joo Ji Hoon

In 2006, Joo Ji Hoon shot to fame throughout Asia when he took on the role of Crown Prince Lee Shin in the hit drama Princess Hours (Goong), adapted from the comic of the same name.

Actor-Joo-Ji-Hoon-Revealed-That-He-Wante

But at the peak of his career, the actor was involved in a shocking scandal of possession and use of illegal drugs. He was sentenced to 6 months in prison, 1 year of house arrest, 120 hours of community service and a fine of 360,000 won. This scandal was thought to have put an end to Joo Ji Hoon’s career.

After he got out of jail, Joo Ji Hoon decided to enlist in the army but the public was still extremely angry with him. In 2015, his role in “Mask” alongside Soo Ae helped to partially improve the image of Joo Ji Hoon in the public eye.

Joo-Ji-Hoon.jpg

But it was not until he starred in the box office hit “Along With The Gods: The Two Worlds” that Joo Ji Hoon truly had a successful comeback. The movie helped him win back his former glory and became one of the most sought after actors by producers once again.

Currently, Joo Ji Hoon is starring in Jirisan with Jun Ji Hyun. Joo Ji Hoon is definitely the strongest proof that talents can overcome controversy.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://lovekpop95.com/2021/12/23/7-korean-actors-who-had-successful-comebacks-after-being-involved-in-controversies/

• Like 1

*** I've watched these dramas of JJH. They're amazing!    :popcornjackson:

********************************************************************************************************

7 Powerful Korean Works To Watch If You Enjoyed “Hellbound”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Following the smashing success that “Squid Game” garnered this year, “Hellbound” also achieved significant popularity worldwide. The plot follows a number of people who have been contacted by a celestial being who informs them of the date and time of their death while condemning them to hell. This supernatural phenomenon sends the world into chaos, as citizens start being hunted down even for the pettiest sins. The mind-boggling question is: What actually happens when your time on Earth is up?

If you’re a fan of apocalyptic storylines, you will love the selection of Korean movies and dramas below. Enjoy!

2. “Along With The Gods: The Two Worlds

There are many speculations about what happens when you die. In this plot, each individual must take on a series of trials to save their soul from hell and redeem their soul. Such is the case for Kim Ja Hong (Cha Tae Hyun), a firefighter passed away while on duty. His journey is chaperoned by three guardians: Gang Rim (Ha Jung Woo), Hae Won Maek (Joo Ji Hoon), and Lee Deok Choon (Kim Hyang Gi).

Every second from start to finish is breathtaking, with the actors doing stellar jobs embodying their respective characters, and every displayed emotion can be vividly felt by the viewer. Furthermore, the storyline is so intense that if you blink, you might miss out on so much. And the best part? This is but one of two parts that have been released so far.

Watch “Along With The Gods: The Two Worlds” now:

Watch Now

5. “Kingdom”

Although the apocalypse is supposed to happen at the end of time, it has been hinted at throughout history every time a disaster hits. In the Joseon era, a crown prince discovers that an infestation befell his country, and he decides to investigate its source in order to eradicate it and save his people from eventual doom.

The “Kingdom” saga includes two full seasons and a prequel, all released on Netflix. The star-studded lineup includes Joo Ji Hoon, Bae Doona, Kim Sung Kyu, Jeon Suk Ho, Ryu Seung Ryong, Kim Hye Joon, Kim Sang Ho, Heo Joon Ho, and Jun Ji Hyun. The drama was critically acclaimed and a commercial success.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

*** ‘Jirisan’ OSTs is included in the list........... I wonder which track moved the fans as K-dramas wowed with their original soundtracks. Each scene has been highlighted through these tunes, we were left in awe of these songs. The official voting period has come to an end for the ‘Best K-drama OST of 2021’ 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYiiOIxhXLV/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=62b9bcd1-37f5-4bb1-bb5e-817951fedcaa

kdrama_ost_main.jpg?width=752&format=web

• gm4queen changed the title to Ju Jihun 주지훈 - [Drama 2021] Mount Jiri/Cliffhanger, 지리산
  • 2 weeks later...

12 finished 2021 K-dramas that you should be watching right now!

This list only features a few of 2021 finished K-dramas. Right, you don’t have to wait weekly to finish them!

Waiting weekly for a new episode is something a loyal K-drama fan is used to. Well, if you are looking for more K-dramas to watch, worry no more, because you’ve got a lot of options through this list!

2021 Finished K-Dramas

From Kim Bum, Cha Tae Hyun, Ji Sung, Han Soo Hee, and Shin Min Ah the titles listed below will definitely play with you feels. Expect some tension, laughs, butterflies, and tears to the list below!

9. Jirisan

2021 Kdrama Jirisan

Jirisan official poster

After her short stint in Kingdom, Jun Ji Hyun returns to television with Jirisan. She is joined by Ju Ji Hoon as they take on the roles of mountain rangers in Mt. Jiri. Their team embarks on a journey to visit the unexplored areas of Mt. Jiri.

As the rangers scout Mt. Jiri, they encounter people who need help, are in a suicidal state and are some foes.

(skipped unrelated......)

source : https://annyeongoppa.com/2022/01/29/12-finished-2021-k-dramas-that-you-should-be-watching-right-now/

Here Are The 7 Must-Watch Shows If You Are Into Zombies And K-Dramas

These are some of the best the zombie genre has to offer!

It’s no secret that if you want to find a good zombie show these days, K-Dramas are one of the first places you should look. With incredibly successful movies and shows such as 2016’s Train To Busan and Netflix‘s Kingdom, zombie K-Dramas are some of the very best the zombie genre has to offer.

Here are 7 of the best Korean zombie shows and movies for you to get your thrill on!

2. Kingdom (2019)

This drama made waves upon its release, and is considered to be one of the best K-Dramas about zombies. Set in the Joseon period, this beautifully shot drama follows Crown Prince Lee Chang as he attempts to both find a way to stop the spread of a mysterious plague that is turning his people into zombies and find out what happened to his father, the king. The show has spawned a highly anticipated spinoff series, Kingdom: Ashin of the North, which explores the truth about the origins of the plague.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fbesttoppers.com%2Fwp-co

Poster for Kingdom | Netflix

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo