Ju Jihun 주지훈 - [Upcoming Drama 2024] Dominant Species [Movie 2023] Project Silence [Movie 2023] Ransomed

Admin

Netflix's first original Korean drama 'Kingdom' unveiled to media

By Yonhap

Netflix on Monday unveiled to media its first original Korean drama series, which has drawn much anticipation for its big budget and acclaimed creative team.

"Kingdom," which premieres globally on the U.S. video streaming service Friday, is a genre-defining six-episode zombie mystery thriller set in the last Korean kingdom of Joseon. It took nearly eight years to produce the series, with its production cost reaching 2 billion won (US$1.7 million) per episode, according to the producers.

Netflix chose famed Korean screenwriter Kim Eun-hee, the author of the popular 2016 TV series "Signal," and director Kim Seong-hun, whose 2016 film "Tunnel" became a solid box office hit, as its first partners for local drama production.

20190121001056_0.jpg
Nextflix held a press conference in Seoul on Monday. (Yonhap)

Screenwriter Kim drew the story from a 19th century royal court document that recorded tens of thousands of deaths in the capital amid the outbreak of an unidentified epidemic.

"I started to design this story in 2011 ... I thought an epidemic would be an interesting subject that could portray the sufferings of that time. In the end, I wanted to talk about hunger ... as the desire of people narrows down to the craving to eat as they turn into zombies," Kim said in a press conference for the television series in Seoul.

She said the details of her zombie story were put into the Netflix show to the greatest extent because the platform has no age limits for content, which local TV channels have.

The series marks the established director Kim Seong-hun's debut on the small screen.

"I filmed the series thinking that I am filming three two-hour movies. They carry very tiny details that a single two-hour film cannot carry."

The first season of "Kingdom" also brings together Ju Ji-hoon, arguably one of the top movie actors of today, and Bae Doo-na, who built a solid filmography in Hollywood.

"If you enjoy the series at once, you can take it as a 300-minute film, or if you want to take it as a TV series, you can watch one episode a day. The joy of choosing is up to you," Bae said.

Ju plays Joseon Dynasty crown prince, Lee Chang, who is accused of treason in a political power game after the king is taken with a deadly epidemic and falls into the zombie state of half death and half life.

Driven out of the royal court amid a rapidly spreading epidemic, the prince races to the very fringe of the country in search of a renowned doctor who holds the key to the mystery of the king's illness and the accusation of treason against the prince.

There, Lee is faced with lower-class epidemic victims who have turned into zombies. Pursued both by the deathly zombies and the royal forces, he goes on the adventurous journey to prove his innocence and find a secret medicinal herb.

The doctor's apprentice, Seo-bi, portrayed by Bae, plays the key aide during the prince's tumultuous journey back to the court.

"It's a story that can captivate people (worldwide) by combining original Korean beauty and its narration with the original Western subject matter of (zombies)," said Ryu Seung-ryong, who plays the kingdom's power-hungry No. 2 who plots to bring the treason charge against the prince and seeks eventually to take the ill-fated king's throne.

"It's a story that could resonate with people from any place in the world and from any time period with its focus on hunger and the struggle for power," the veteran actor said. "It could be a work that makes Korea's unique beauty known to the world."

"There's a saying that a work will become a hit if its actors and production staff experience hardship," Ju said, adding that he suffered a minor bone fracture in his left ankle, hip neuralgia and a minor burn. "I had to work very hard as the show is very wild and spectacular." (Yonhap)

*** JJH's drama "Kingdom" is premiering this week. :lol:

Kingdom

premwatch_spring2.jpg

Time slot: Friday
Broadcaster: Netflix
Genre: Sageuk, zombie, thriller
Episode count: 6 episodes (to be released simultaneously)

Reasons to watch: Set sometime during the Joseon dynasty, after the king is suddenly struck ill with a mysterious disease, Joo Ji-hoon’s crown prince finds himself the target of Ryu Seung-ryong’s political machinations. Desperate to learn what is at the heart of his father’s illness, Joo Ji-hoon soon discovers that it’s not just his own life at stake–the fate of Joseon hangs in the balance. Bae Doo-na is the skilled and brave doctor who becomes a stalwart ally to the crown prince. Kingdom marks Netflix’s first step into original K-dramas, and judging from the teasers and stills that have been released, Netflix was not about to coast on star power alone. Fun fact, Kim Eun-hee wrote both the drama’s script, and the original web comic that Kingdom is based on.

credit : dramabeans

Netflix Unveils Korean Zombie Series

The first Korean drama series produced by Netflix is due to be released around the world this week. A press event for the series was held in Seoul on Monday before it goes to air on Friday for 139 million subscribers in 190 countries.

Set during the Chosun Dynasty, the six-episode zombie drama revolves around a doomed crown prince who investigates a mysterious epidemic. The series stars Bae Doo-na, Ju Ji-hoon and Ryu Seung-ryong. It is directed by Kim Seong-hun, who directed the 2016 film "Tunnel," and written by Kim Eun-hee, who scripted the hit TV series "Signal." 

Netflix has been increasingly involved in Korean entertainment productions to expand its presence in Asia, where Korean films and TV series and shows are popular. It made a huge investment in director Bong Joon-ho’s 2016 film "Okja," and produced the first entertainment show "Busted! I Know Who You Are" last year. It also cooperated with leading management agency YG Entertainment to air a YG-produced sitcom starring Seung-ri of boy band Big Bang.

2019012200832_0.jpg Ryu Seung-ryong (left), Bae Doo-na (center) and Ju Ji-hoon pose at a press event for their new Netflix series in Seoul on Monday.

With "Kingdom," its aim seems to be to lure more Western viewers by incorporating a zombie theme familiar to them.

The cast said they were excited to be starring in a series airing on the world's leading streaming service.

"We are all actually new faces [to global Netflix viewers] except for Doo-na, who is already recognized for her roles in Netflix's TV series," like "Sense 8," Ju said. "I'm really excited that viewers across the world will watch it."

"Making a six-episode drama was new for me, as I had only worked on two-hour film projects. I tried to keep in mind how people from different cultures would respond to it," the director said. 

credit : Chuson Ilbo

© This is copyrighted material owned by Digital Chosun Inc. No part of it may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means without prior written permission.

kingdom cast meets press

20190121001342_02976692574911216613.jpg

The main cast of Netflix zombie drama, Kingdom, gathered to meet the press. A handful of zombies attended too and Joo Ji Hoon saw it fit to protect Bae Doo Na. Heh. Bae Doo Na’s outfit is stylish and kick-richard simmons. I almost didn’t recognise Joo Ji Hoon here with his fringe down. He rarely combs his hair this way. I just watched Ryu Seung Ryong in Running Man and was taken by his gruff charm. He usually plays very sinister roles so to see him all relaxed and smiling was a bonus. Kudos to his stylist for his smart outfit for the event.

wp-image7310260334140992106.jpg?w=620

wp-image8111753258483565995.jpg?w=620

Spoiler

1ve4fy0ttl_16346602707752624301.jpg?w=62

20190121120902580004935905412540899390.j

7f6346d9dfdfefb6089a2b2a59118ce476019242

mb_15480397964138235768057960771970558.j

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2019/01/21/kingdom-cast-meets-press/

Spoiler

Jung Woo Sung Responds To Joo Ji Hoon Calling Him A Role Model + Talks About Their Friendship

eef43dc79d1b4b808a7bd36f5b2a574a.jpeg?s=

During an interview ahead of the release of “Along with the Gods: The Last 49 Days” in 2018, Joo Ji Hoon once said, “I want to be an industry senior like Jung Woo Sung.” He explained that he saw Jung Woo Sung as a role model because he not only takes care of his juniors, but he also makes sure each and every staff member is doing well as well.

Jung Woo Sung was asked how he felt about Joo Ji Hoon’s statement in a recent interview for his new film “Witness.” He replied, “I’ve thought for a long time that I need to be a good co-worker on set, not just for my co-stars but for the production staff as well. I think it’s important to greet everyone first, and acknowledge and thank them for the hard work they put in. It doesn’t have to be anything special or big. It helps foster a connection with people so that even when things get tough, we can pull through with a sense of camaraderie.”

He added, “I think Joo Ji Hoon picked up on that mindset I try to put into action. And since he and I are both actors and I’ve been working longer than he has, he described me a senior he wants to emulate.”

Joo-Ji-Hoon-Jung-Woo-Sung.jpg

Joo Ji Hoon and Jung Woo Sung have maintained a close friendship since working on the 2016 film “Asura.” Joo Ji Hoon follows Jung Woo Sung as a senior in both acting and life, and Jung Woo Sung makes sure to look out for Joo Ji Hoon. Jung Woo Sung revealed that he relieves stress by going out for drinks with fellow actors and laughed as he said, “I actually met with Joo Ji Hoon a couple of days ago. We had a bottle of soju together.”

Jung Woo Sung’s upcoming film “Witness” will be released on February 13.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

*** I miss JJH on the small screen. I've always had a soft spot for him. It seems the plot is interesting...  Ahhhh.... that's so cute of an uncle & his niece. :lol:

Joo Ji Hoon Juggles Family Responsibilities And His Job In Teasers For “The Item”

eb8dc48d81ff40f09326b34d4de019f7.jpeg?s=

Joo Ji Hoon is showing the duality of man in the latest teasers for “The Item!”

“The Item” is a new Monday-Tuesday mini-series from MBC about two people who try to uncover the secrets behind certain items with supernatural capabilities. Joo Ji Hoon plays Kang Gon, a prosecutor in the Seoul Central District who is known for disobeying his superiors in order to do the right thing.

the-item-joo-ji-hoon.jpg

In stills released on January 23, Joo Ji Hoon not only embraces the cold and razor-sharp aspect of his prosecutor job, but also shows a softer and warmer side to his character. The stills show him helping his 10-year-old niece get ready for school and looking down at her with a gentle smile. Although he is not a perfect uncle by any means, Kang Gon considers his niece the light of his life.

The production staff also shared that Joo Ji Hoon is very caring toward the child actress who plays his niece, Shin Lin Ah. “Whenever they’re filming together, he stays near her so he can talk to her and they can become closer. The chemistry between the fond uncle and the niece with a painful past will be one of the key points of ‘The Item.'”

“The Item” premieres on February 11 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki. Check out the trailer below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

"Kingdom" Uncut to Be Revealed on Kakao

photo1031818.jpg

The uncut opening of the Netflix drama "Kingdom" and the interviews of leading actors will be revealed through Kakao.

Kakao announced that it will be running #kingdom in its # (sharp) tab on the 25th.

The uncut version of the drama, highlights and interviews of Joo Ji-hoon, Bae Doona and Ryu Seung-ryong can all be seen here.

Other than that, the making film of "Kingdom", previews and footage contents as well as character introductions and connections can all be seen here. There is also an event giving out Beauty Boxes.

"Kingdom" is the first Korean Netflix original directed by Kim Seong-hun and written by Kim Eun-hee-I.

A prince named Lee Chang (Joo Ji-hoon) is framed for a traitor but he discovers the truth about the people who have been starved to the extent of becoming monsters.

The Kakao Content Team leader Kim Soo-jeong says, "The event has been arranged to let everyone know that even movies and drama contents can be searched on Kakao Talk".

"Kingdom" is a 6 part drama and it will be broadcast in 190 countries at the same time.

Source : /news.nate.com/view/2...

Translation : Hancinema

the decadent list

20190129_1234537052703268792115325.jpg?w

A Korean media agency recently listed six actors it thought truly represented ‘decadent charm’: Joo Ji Hoon, Lee Min Ki, Kim Nam Gil, Kim Jae Wook, Uhm Tae Goo and Lee Soo Hyuk.

I looked through the list and figured ‘decadent’ here probably meant ‘sinful, darkly sexy, with a hint of restrained edginess’. Basically, they are your wildly attractive moody men with zilch sweet, sunny boy-next-door wholesome goodness. Not really classically handsome per se.

I can see some similarities running through the six men even though they possess distinctive charm respectively.

I’m a little surprised to see Lee Soo Hyuk making the list since he doesn’t strike me as the bad boy sort, but he can do dark angst pretty well. Well, he does have a sinful voice though. I actually like or love each of the six so the list works for me. I could think of a few more actors who could also qualify…

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2019/01/29/the-decadent-list/

[Photos] New Stills Added for the Upcoming Korean Drama "The Item"

photo1034297.jpg

New stills added for the upcoming Korean drama "The Item" (2019).

Directed by Kim Seong-wook-I

Written by Jeong I-do-I

Network : MBC

With Joo Ji-hoon, Jin Se-yeon, Kim Kang-woo, Kim Yoo-ri, Park Won-sang, Kim Min-kyo,...

32 episodes - Mon, Tue 22:00 (2x35min episodes per day)
Synopsis
"The Item", which is based on a webtoon of the same name, is a mystery fantasy drama about a profiler and a prosecutor who uncover a conspiracy and secrets surrounding objects with special powers.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2019/02/11

photo1034294.jpg

photo1034295.jpg

photo1034296.jpg

Source : /www.hancinema.net/ko...

MBC Supernatural Procedural Drama "Item" Looks Tense and Exciting in New Promos

LINK here : http://koalasplayground.com/2019/02/05/mbc-supernatural-procedural-drama-item-looks-tense-and-exciting-in-new-promos/

Joo Ji Hoon And Jin Se Yeon Have A Bizarre First Encounter In Upcoming Drama “The Item”

d4b9d608445c4928842f8a75f62c50bf.jpeg?s=

The Item” unveiled stills of Joo Ji Hoon and Jin Se Yeon’s first meeting.

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “The Item” is a fantasy drama about a man and a woman that set out to uncover the secrets behind several mysterious objects with supernatural powers. The drama will star Joo Ji Hoon as Kang Gon, a hot-headed prosecutor who becomes entangled in the mystery while attempting to save his beloved niece, and Jin Se Yeon as Shin So Young, a talented criminal profiler who remains perfectly composed even when faced with the most horrific crime scenes.

The photos released on February 6 show the two characters’ strange first encounter. They first stare at each other with discontent expressions on their faces, but soon fall down together, arousing curiosity. Joo JI Hoon looks taken aback at the awkward situation, but at the same time, his arm is around her shoulder, as if he is sheltering her. Jin Se Yeon also looks surprised, and this scene hints their unusual future relationship.

joo-ji-hoon-jin-se-yeon-2.jpg

This is the second time Joo Ji Hoon and Jin Se Yeon are appearing in a drama together. They previously co-starred as leads in the 2012 drama “Five Fingers.” Concerning their reunion, Joo Ji Hoon stated, “I’m very happy. I think I’ve matured a lot in the acting part and beyond,” and Jin Se Yeon said, “There is the advantage of meeting again and acting more comfortably. He’s a kind person who is considerate of his co-stars, and you can’t help but always smile when you’re with him.”

The production crew stated, “The mood maker Joo Ji Hoon and sociable Jin Se Yeon are leading the scene and showing fantastic chemistry. Please look forward to the first broadcast of ‘The Item’ that is full of their special teamwork, the movie-like scale, and unpredictable stories.”

“The Item” will premiere on February 11 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki with English subtitles!

Watch the latest teaser:

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

*** This drama sounds interesting. :lol:

Jin Se Yeon And Joo Ji Hoon Share Stories Behind Their Debuts And New Drama “The Item”

6f91aef27e7440c6b8b66b5f1de86bbb.jpeg?s=

Jin Se Yeon and Joo Ji Hoon spoke about their acting careers on MBC FM4U’s “Kim Shin Young’s Hope Song at Noon.”

On February 11, the actors of MBC’s “The Item” appeared as guests on the radio show.

DJ Kim Shin Young began, “Monday-Tuesday dramas have to be strong so that [the energy] can continue onto Wednesday-Thursday dramas,” and Joo Ji Hoon said, “I heard that there are about three programs premiering today including those on other networks. I think that MBC will have their own strategy.”

The DJ then asked, “In ‘The Item’ preview, Joo Ji Hoon stopped a train with supernatural powers. What was it like to film that scene?” Joo Ji Hoon replied, “Playing a character with supernatural powers itself is pretending like something that doesn’t exist exists. I used so much strength while using my imagination that I blacked out and fell to the ground. After filming that scene, I couldn’t stand up straight.” He then made others laugh by adding, “Pretending to have supernatural powers is honestly a bit embarrassing, so I try not to look at my co-star’s eyes.”

About the possibility of becoming a radio DJ, Joo Ji Hoon answered, “I want to try it once I complete the scheduled events I have now.” Kim Shin Young remarked, “Jin Se Yeon matches well with 8 a.m. and Joo Ji Hoon with 10 a.m.”

Joo Ji Hoon and Jin Se Yeon also shared stories behind their debuts. The DJ mentioned that the actress got street-casted in front of her school thanks to her beautiful appearance and Jin Se Yeon answered, “It’s true, but I don’t know if it was because of my beauty.” Joo Ji Hoon joked, “You have to speak carefully. If you say that you’re not pretty, you might provoke anger from those around you,” and the actress shyly added, “I wasn’t famous at school.”

The actor then revealed, “When I was 19 years old [by Korean reckoning], my buddy sent a photo of mine to a clothing company, and I became a model. I started as a model and moved on to dramas and films.”

Actor Kim Nam Gil had previously humorously accused Joo Ji Hoon of being a chatterbox and said that he’s unable to get a word in during their conversations. Joo Ji Hoon then made everyone burst into laughter by saying, “Kim Nam Gil chatters amongst 10 male actors even when he’s not drunk.”

Jin-Se-Yeon-Joo-Ji-Hoon1.jpg

“The Item” premiered on February 11 and airs on Mondays and Tuesdays at 10 p.m. KST. Start watching “The Item” with English subtitles below!

Source (1) / soompi news

*** "The Item" began on the same day as "Haechi" and came in third rated 4.0% and 4.9%.  I hope the ratings will increase as the EP progresses. :P

Netflix "Kingdom" Begins a New Hallyu Wave

photo1035335.jpg

"Really enjoying "Kingdom" on Netflix, the Joseon era Korean zombie show, but can we talk about all the hats in the show for a hot second? I need a scholar of Korean history to unpack all of these lids", writes American science fiction author John Hornor Jacobs about the Netflix 6-part Korean drama. In addition to Jacobs, social networking sites are filled with comments from international viewers with different statuses and positions. Even Netflix didn't anticipate the attention for the 'gat', or hat worn in the Joseon period.

"Kingdom" is a Joseon historical drama about zombies. When the king awakes from his illness, Prince Lee Chang (Joo Ji-hoon) is called a traitor. He heads far south to find the source of what made the king ill, but the number of people catching the illness and becoming monsters (zombies) grows exponentially. The fast and cruel zombies contrast with the beautiful Joseon landscapes and hardscapes. The characters of the drama travel the Kochang Mountain Sunwoon, Bingdo in Boryeong, the pine grove in Kyungjoo, and the field of reeds in Seochang as they run in escape from the zombies. The drama even filmed in Chang-kyung Palace, Changduk Palace, Village Hahwe and in the folk village. The U.S. media website CNET commented about "Kingdom", "A unique genre has been born by combining a familiar idea and the Joseon background".

photo1035333.jpg

The genre of zombie historical drama is not new to Korean viewers. They've experienced it with "Rampant", but on a different platform. Netflix boasts 139 million users in 190 countries around the world. "Kingdom" is introduced in 27 language with subtitles and dubbed in 12 languages. Netflix views, which do not disclose the number of views according to policy, can be measured on social media networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. The range of nationalities and languages of viewers from North America, Europe, and South East Asia is tremendous. The drama's audience is quite different from the traditional Korean dramas that were limited to Japan and China.

Netflix's "Kingdom" availability is based on confidence in its content. "Kingdom" decided on Season 2 even before Season 1 was out and the filming begins this 11th.photo1035332.jpg

Agreement that the drama possesses a solid narrative is a common reaction among international netizens. Zombie flicks are a subgenre of horror movies, and they known to be sloppy and sensational. "Kingdom" broke preconceptions with the story's cruelty combined with a well-rounded story and its exquisite beauty, the beauty of Korea. A great example is the pond scene where the bodies of the courtesans are buried. This was taken in the secret garden of Changduk Palace. The bright autumn foliage heavily juxtaposes the brutal dialogue. A high angle shot was used to maximize the stark scene as drones are not allowed in the palace.

"When looking at the history of the Korean Wave, dramas are easily accessible content", Lee Sang-baek, CEO of A Story said, "Kingdom is an opportunity to promote the beauty of Korea to overseas viewers while providing universal entertainment to viewers at home and abroad".

photo1035334.jpg

item holds press conference

20190211150343437_015_prev63040584772014

Goodness. I can barely keep up with all the press conferences happening today, February 11. Item held its press conference and will premiere on MBC tonight, along with Haechi and Dazzling. Not sure if it is on purpose but Joo Ji Hoon’s flower-embellished suit matched Jin Se Yeon’s coral outfit. A good variety for viewers with a slew of new dramas premiering since two weeks ago.

1vf9uau4vl_12467252323677086519.jpg?w=62

maxresdefault7803486965327456632.jpg?w=6

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2019/02/11/item-holds-press-conference/

*** JJH’s favorite boy group might be BTS because when he was interviewed about his dramas some days ago, he repeatedly mentioned the group expressing his pride at their many accomplishments especially their success abroad. He feels so proud & amaze of them. :lol:

Joo Ji Hoon Reveals How Much Work Went Into The Intense “The Item” Opening Scene

37fbfae96f1f42389d30aab589b00d44.jpeg?s=

Joo Ji Hoon has revealed details on the eye-catching opening scene of “The Item”!

MBC’s Monday-Tuesday drama “The Item,” which premiered on February 11, was grand-scale from its inception. In the opening, a train is derailed, and Kang Gon (played by Joo Ji Hoon) appears at the scene with blood covering his face and screams, “Everyone, leave.

This place is dangerous!” He then jumps down onto the rails and stops the oncoming train with one outreached hand. Afterwards, the episode continues to unfold by revealing the hidden secret behind the items with special abilities, leaving viewers’ eyes glued to the screen.

Joo-Ji-Hoon-The-Item-2.jpg

Before the broadcast, Joo Ji Hoon shared, “We filmed for a long time, and it was a scene difficult to film in terms of technique. It was enough to make me black out,” revealing the intensity with which he filmed the scene. Perhaps it was due to this that the viewers could feel the tension as if they were present at the scene.

The scene was filmed after a lot of preparation. To make the scene more realistic, Joo Ji Hoon endlessly confirmed with director Kim Sung Wook about the direction of his acting and rehearsed the part multiple times. “It’s a scene we filmed with everyone’s strength combined. There were many cast members involved, and the scene used a lot of VFX (visual effects).” He added, “KORAIL (Korea Railroad Corporation) actively cooperated with us and derailed an actual train. [The scene] required a rich imagination, so seeing it in person was helpful,” Joo Ji Hoon said while picking the scene as one of the best ones.

Joo-Ji-Hoon-The-Item1.jpg

Director Kim Sung Wook explained, “The train accident scene summarizes the main theme of “The Item,” which is people’s aspiration to be good. This will be the focus point for future progressions. Because of this, we wanted to properly make the scene very realistic.

Therefore, we prepared thoroughly and filmed it with much effort. All the actors and staffs’ efforts to make the best scene gave birth to a scene that we cherish as much as we worked hard to create it.”

“The Item” will continue airing every Monday and Tuesday at 10 p.m KST. Watch the first episode below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

Joo Ji-hoon, Bae Doona and Ryu Seung-ryong's "Kingdom - Season 2" Begins Filming

photo1035757.jpg

"Kingdom - Season 2" has begun filming.

"Kingdom - Season 2" is a Joseon historical drama about zombies. When the king awakes from his illness, Prince Lee Chang (Joo Ji-hoon) is called a traitor. He heads far south to find the source of what made the king ill, but the number of people catching the illness and becoming monsters (zombies) grows exponentially.

Prior to filming, director Kim Seong-hun, writer Kim Eun-hee-I, Joo Ji-hoon, Ryu Seung-ryong, Bae Doona and the other cast members as well as new comers Park Byung-eun and Kim Tae-hoon gathered for the script reading and the ceremonial event.

Everyone was passionate and enthusiastic during the reading and everyone wished for all the best during the ceremonial event.

"Kingdom - Season 2" was released worldwide on Netflix and it brought about a zombie wave in Korea while it caused a K-Zombie

and 'gat' syndrome overseas. The whole world is looking forward to the second season of "Kingdom - Season 2".

"Kingdom" season 1 can be seen on Netflix now.

• Like 1

***I feel sad & bad that "The Item" is not doing well. After the first episode, audiences & some reviews about the drama say the story isn't consistent and the directing is confusing. The CG effects are also a disappointment. Sigh........ the drama is pre-produced so, it can't reflect on these opinions and show improvement. Well, wait & see............it's too early to tell. I hope it would still increase as the EP progresses. ^_^

Joo Ji Hoon Compares “The Item” With “Along With The Gods” And Recalls Past Dramas

d206c58d80fd4b039428efa01cc1c1fe.jpeg?s=

Joo Ji Hoon sat down for an interview on the February 25 episode of MBC’s “Section TV” along with his “The Item” co-stars Jin Se Yeon, Kim Kang Woo, and Kim Yoo Ri.

Joo Ji Hoon talked about why the CGI scenes in “The Item” are harder than those in “Along with the Gods.” He explained, “Since ‘Along with the Gods’ was set in a virtual space called the underworld, there was relatively a high degree of freedom in acting. But ‘The Item’ is a work that expresses the story of the existing world, so it’s more difficult to act.” Jin Se Yeon commented, “I could see his familiarity with CGI acting.”

Joo Ji Hoon and Jin Se Yeon had previously acted together in the 2012 drama “Five Fingers.” She praised him, saying, “Even though time has passed by, he hasn’t changed.” Joo Ji Hoon joked, “I didn’t improve?,” making everyone laugh, and Jin Se Yeon corrected, “Your appearance hasn’t changed.”

It is Joo Ji Hoon and Kim Kang Woo’s second time acting together as well. They had appeared in the 2015 movie “The Treacherous” together. Kim Kang Woo said, “At that time, I was the king and he was a vassal, so I only saw his palanquin. I had no idea he was this tall.” Joo Ji Hoon commented, “This time, I can act while making eye-contact with my beloved friend Kang Woo, so I’m happy. Just like he did in ‘The Treacherous’, he plays a mad character in ‘The Item’, and I was amazed after I saw him acting with such detail.”

Joo Ji Hoon’s popular MBC drama “Goong” was also mentioned, and he shared, “MBC is a warm and grateful place to me.”

joo-ji-hoon-the-item2.jpg

“The Item” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 10 p.m. KST.

If you haven’t already, check out the latest episode of “The Item” below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news