Guest LeahHeartsDBSK

uhhh

what kind of clothes should we wear?

like regular clothes?

or like more....NICE looking clothes

iono how to explain it

and uhh

should/can we wear make-up?

or will they look at us negatively for wearing make-up???

i know i should compare

but that how SM thought they didn't want us to wear make-up

so i'm asking just in case

xDDDD

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^

the clothes you should be wearing should be casual but not TOO casual, you know what i mean? Look nice, but don't look too plain. Don't just go in a T-shirt and jeans, wear a nice shirt.

If you want to wear makeup, i suggest you wear more natural makeup, and dont put on alot. It makes you look good, but i think they wanna see how you look like w/o like a whole bunch of makeup on your face.

i see..

sounding worse with a bg music is worse than sounding worse without a bg music cuz lets say you did get picked and you start making songs... you ARE gonna have to start using bg music.

anyway i might reconsider about this rap thing because i did hear people rap w/o bg music too and i know that all of them pretty much failed

ESP. for yg audition NO one got in and im 100% sure there were kids who rapped.

even for sm this dude rapped without bg music.. did he make it? nahh

yea i know, but im pretty sure they'll train you in singing, cuz u have to sound good w/o it first right? :)

maybe, but there are alot of talented ppl out there who can rap REALLY good w/o bg music, cuz i have heard one person do it (not in a video, i was there) and he was very good, no lyrics or anything, made it up on the spot.

but still, w/e u wanna do is up to you. :)

Guest ms.minhwan_choi

ok so

im going to try out for singing AND dancing

but i had a few questions

1. for my singing audition...iono if i should SING or RAP

cause i wanna show them that i can do both....

but i doubt they'll let me do two

2. for my song i' m not sure what i'm going to sing yet but if i DO rap

i was going to rap to WONDER GIRLS' MOVE [yoobin's rap] <--click to watch

or do BIG BANG'S SO BEAUTIFUL [TOP/G-Dragon's rap] <--click to watch....

but are we allow to do songs from their company [like wonder girls?] or should i pick something from another company?

3. does anyone know any good R&B songs?? cause apparently i sing R&B songs better >_______<

4. how long did we have to make our routines? i think i already asked this but yea i'm asking again hahahahaha

ok thanks and i REALLY hope i can go

woahh

i honestly like the bigbang rap more than yoobin rap..

i think you should go for the rap..

ohh and also ignore my reply (post#80)

lol i just noticed that you answered it hehe

thanks!

Guest LeahHeartsDBSK

^

the clothes you should be wearing should be casual but not TOO casual, you know what i mean? Look nice, but don't look too plain. Don't just go in a T-shirt and jeans, wear a nice shirt.

If you want to wear makeup, i suggest you wear more natural makeup, and dont put on alot. It makes you look good, but i think they wanna see how you look like w/o like a whole bunch of makeup on your face.

uhh yea

the only makeup i wear is eyeliner on top only and mascara

sooooo what do you think?

think they wont mind if i wear that??

should we bring a picture to the audtion? for SM, no one told us we needed to bring one, but they had a spot for it on the application and stuff. i dk

i'd bring like two just in case

hahaha

i did that to the SM one just in case

and WHAT DO YOU KNOW??

i used them

hahaha

so yea

it's better to be prepared

but wait for her to reply

1)How long should the songs be if you are singing??

2) How many songs should we prepare?

3) And what kind of songs; I have a couple in mind but what do other people think?

Checklist: JYP Audition What to DO

General: wear casual clothes [WARNING: not TOO casual] pants + tshirt ok; natural makeup or no make up; application form; pictures [Just in case! you don't have TO!!! a close up of your face and full body]

Singers: singing a cappella; NO RHYTHM TEST!;

Dancers: provide your own music

Acting: must provide your own script

if i forgot something then please copy and change the checklist that way people will be updated! add or subtract your own things thanks~

Guest LeahHeartsDBSK

hmmmmmmmm. so if you're under 14, you need a parent with you?

what if you are 14. do we still need one with us?

you actually just need their permission

they don't have to BE there with you

Hey there!!!

Who's going to the one in LA???

who's going to the one in LA from Orange County!!!

lol. im looking for people who might want to go together, or

someone to talk to during the thing. so its not all... **awkward**

moral support! there we go. haha.

Guest loveukitakeforever

wait, we have to register or can we just turn in our appilcations at the door..i am so confused..? How far is the location of teh auditons from L.A, since people said it was so far from it.. i'm, lost..?

Guest LeahHeartsDBSK

Haha im thinking about auditioning again for JYP. JYP himself will be at the auditions in LA, judging us... so im getting very nervous ~. I auditioned for it twice, when i lived in korea. Once i failed first round, second i failed 2nd round... Hope i get in this time.

Not as bad as the SM auditions lol. I tried out for that thing like almost 7 times now, and still trying to get even closer to SNSD lol

mr MY Park will be there judging us???

are you SURE?

and have you auditioned in US before?

how is it???

Guest LeahHeartsDBSK

oh and i need help picking a song for the audition

i was thinking of singing WE RIDE by Rihanna

but i want some back up songs just in case

and i have NO idea what to sing

i'm not very knowledgeable with R&B songs

so yea

help anyone?

i can be Korean English or Chinese

thankssssss

Guest shynine

Hey there!!!

well im not from OC but IM GOING :lol:

hope you make it in ! :lol:

Guest yureru132

Prepare ourselves....

.....So then are we allowed to do a routine? XO

Only dance auditioners are going to be given the opportunity to dance.

Um I know... but I mean are we allowed to use like, routines choreographed by other artists ?

....or do we have to choreograph our own dances?

Hey there!!!

I'm from Orange County!!!!!

Ahahahahah~ I'm going with a friend too~ ^ ^

Guest shynine

The San Francisco JYP was open stage where you just go up and perform in front of a live audience for the 1st round. 2nd round was the chosen ones.

Is this year Los Angeles and New York like the San Francisco on back in 2006? 2007 I do not know what happened since I missed it.

Would Los Angeles and New York's audition be like this:

in front of a LIVE audience? or would it be like in a hotel only in front of the judges??

can someone please answer this question ?

Guest chuubasa

Only dance auditioners are going to be given the opportunity to dance.

Um I know... but I mean are we allowed to use like, routines choreographed by other artists ?

....or do we have to choreograph our own dances?

I kinda wanna know the same too cause i feel like my head is breaking... I feel like banging my head to the wall when it comes to creating dance routines . :crazy:

Guest LeahHeartsDBSK

JYP is always at world tour auditions plus JYP will be in the states for a while. Considering he has the JYP concert in LA in 03.08.08 just 7days before the JYP AUDITIONS on 03.15.08.

The judges are usually the JYP producers (one or two), JYP (CEO/fOUNDER), and sometimes with like creww members from like M-net or someone that can see talent. There will be about 3 to 5 judges total, but its usually 3.

I auditioned all in korea, same with SM. In korea JYP was there, except for like the competitions/ contests. Considering JYP takes all his auditions seriously, i bet JYP will be there and extra serious and judge harder then he normally does.. since its a world tour audition.

When i auditioned, you were required to sing and dance. I see the world tour auditions requires different sets of rules.

-- JYP is a unique individual lol, when you audition,, he tends to draw in alot of trainees as a conclusion from auditioning. Only reason why, JYP bascially said: A trainees life is so hard, only those who have effort survives. He also mentioned alot of the trainees he chose ran away from the company since the trainee life was so hard and grueling work! A smart tactic i guess.

Haha same here, I basically memorized one of VOS's and DBSK's hug and JYP's personal comeback song, so i might sing that. But im not worried about singing lol, Im worried mostly about dancing. They might ask for it, if they do... i cant dance for squat.

I always figure, making your own choreographys better, since it shows creativity and originality. If you use already choreographed routines, i guess its amazing, but its not original and creative. Maybe you can add parts and part of various choreographed moves and merge it together to form your own routine.

oh my goodness thank you so much for answering this

haha

wait though

so...

he judges EXTRA hard?

and accepts alot of people?

thats like totally opposite of SM hahahahaha

i guess thats good

and yea ima try to learn a routine

my friend might make one for me

and singing...yea i kinda suck

think you guys could go watch my WE RIDE video on youtube