[official] The Jyp Tour Auditions 2008

Guest love=music=life

Guest Pencilz

Basically if you don't get a call back within 2 weeks, it means they're probably not going to move forward. It would take too much of their time to sort through thousands of auditionees and getting back to each of them, you know? But don't give up~! Keep trying and hopefully your dreams come true.

keep trying and failing only leads to depression...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest biohazard92

Hyea, sorry if this has already been asked, but it's too many pages to read through. :wacko:

Do they ever come to England? because that's where I live. Also if you wanted to do dancing, do you just dance or do you have to sing too??

Oh and one more, if they don't come to England can you do an E-mail audition?

I know that SM (SORRY TO COMPARE THEM) have an E-mail audition thing, so I was just wondering.....

Oki thanks.

Guest biohazard92

^

Yes there is email audition. their homepage has the info. dont worry its in english too. ^^

Omigod thanks so much. :w00t:

Guest x_asianaddict

JYP doesnt have rhythm test , that's so AWESOME but SM does ?!

ughh ; if I suck I'll work harder to get the dance steps right ;[

Guest Dork3tt3

^ thats what i heard in previous posts or threads too. about the whole rhythm test thing. thats SM does it. yups. did you audition for n e company before?

biohazard92 oh wow england! COOL! lol :D

Guest biohazard92

biohazard92 oh wow england! COOL! lol :D

Haha yeah, don't ask me how I came to like K-pop music!

To be honest, even though they don't do a rhythm test (I think that's what someone said yeah?), I think they're a good idea.

Because I suppose that anyone could learn set dances, but to be able to just dance to the music is better, if that made sense..... :blink:

Also, another question.... do JYP count looks as a big part of it?

Like with SM (OMIGOD I KEEP COMPARING THEM sorrryyyy) you need to look attractive, basically.

JYP doesnt have rhythm test , that's so AWESOME but SM does ?!

ughh ; if I suck I'll work harder to get the dance steps right ;[

Well, SM has a rhythm test but it's optional, so if you don't want to dance at the end, then don't. It does help though, but you don't have to.

Also, another question.... do JYP count looks as a big part of it?

Like with SM (OMIGOD I KEEP COMPARING THEM sorrryyyy) you need to look attractive, basically.

Doesn't that count for every company? lol but i'm pretty sure you have to look at least decent to get in.

Guest Dork3tt3

biohazard92 lol, i know k-pop has branched out everywhere. which is cool lol :D

and as for the looks, i know i have read in a thread or something about comparing sm and jyp i think. but i remember them saying that sm does go for the looks. like looks is more than 50%, more than talent lol :sweatingbullets: and they have also mentioned that jyp does not go for looks that is y more people prefer jyp. but correct me if im wrong. :D

Guest biohazard92

^ Oki then. I see why people prefer JYP now haha.

But with the whole appearance thing, people overrate surgery.

It can't completely change you, it's only ever minor things.

Guest Dork3tt3

^ yups. have you auditioned before for either jyp or sm? with the whole surgery thing, there was this whole rumor about SM telling the girls to do surgery n stuff. but i dont think thats true. right? lol :sweatingbullets:

Guest Pencilz

wronggg topic

there was a time in korea when plastic surgery was normal ~ every celeb did it somewhere. Either it be there boobs, eyes, nose, lips, blah blah they did it somewhere once.

now, everyones like ''OMG YOUR MADE OUTTA PLASTIC YOU STUPID ROBOT!@!!@! WTF!@!?? Gtf0 !''

Guest Dork3tt3

gosh are you serious? i didnt know that.. i always thought they were "natural" looking haha. but today, its not as common im assuming? i hope not. lol :D

Guest biohazard92

^ yups. have you auditioned before for either jyp or sm? with the whole surgery thing, there was this whole rumor about SM telling the girls to do surgery n stuff. but i dont think thats true. right? lol :sweatingbullets:

No I've never auditioned, well not yet anyway.

I'm not actually sure whether it's true or not.

I know that quite a few korean celebrities DO have surgery, but I'm guessing that's it's because THEY want it.

But no, I'm not sure.

Guest Dork3tt3

No I've never auditioned, well not yet anyway.

I'm not actually sure whether it's true or not.

I know that quite a few korean celebrities DO have surgery, but I'm guessing that's it's because THEY want it.

But no, I'm not sure.

oh you havent? hmm, so i am assuming you will be auditioning this year? for SM or something?

oh really are korean celebrities who have? gosh, i really didnt know that lol :sweatingbullets: i always thought they looked "natural" haha. but thanks for the info on that :D

Guest biohazard92

^ Yeah I would LOVE to audition. I'd probably go for both SM and JYP, just because it's a slightly bigger chance of getting somewhere than just doing one.

I think it's usually only small things that celebrities get done, like their nose or eyes. It just makes that small difference, you know?

But that doesn't mean ALL of them get stuff done.

Guest omgit'sme

for those of you that have gone to auditions, i know how you're supposed to sing the best part but wouldn't it sound weird if you just came out of nowhere and started singing a part. how much time do you have? because i really want to sing my song from the beginning but i'm scared that they're gonna cut me off and not let me get to the chorus. on average how much time do you have? and what do u think i should do, sing from beginning or what?

also, should we stick to the original key or could we sing it in a higher or lower key?

sorry if this is in the wrong topic, feel free to move it if it is, thank you!

Guest Pencilz

jyp is probably the eziest to audition in to out of SM, YG, and JYP.

but jyp looks kinda boringgg, cuz i looked at how he trained WG, its to old fashioned. even WG admitted that >_>

most of the old celebs probably did surgery. but one things for sure, MY SOSHISOSHI'S DIDNT DO ANY SURGERY~~ :Dd

maybe some teeth alinement surgery but, who doesnt need those mm? how you gunna look kyoot and pweety w.o straight white teeth.

^

u don't know that. not like ne celebs are going to come out and say they did it, but even now, its more common than you think. anyways, back to the subject.

for those of you that have gone to auditions, i know how you're supposed to sing the best part but wouldn't it sound weird if you just came out of nowhere and started singing a part. how much time do you have? because i really want to sing my song from the beginning but i'm scared that they're gonna cut me off and not let me get to the chorus. on average how much time do you have? and what do u think i should do, sing from beginning or what?

also, should we stick to the original key or could we sing it in a higher or lower key?

sorry if this is in the wrong topic, feel free to move it if it is, thank you!

u can sing in ne key you want. Better to switch the key to match ur voice and throw in some originality to impress the judges then trying to stick to the original and sound horrible no? :]

Um...i won't say you will have alot of time... prob 30 seconds max, theres too many ppl for them to give u so much time. when i went to 2nd auditions tho u could stop whenever u want (if i could recall...which i really cant but yea im pretty sure) but i still didn't go and sing the whole song.

Guest Dork3tt3

^ Yeah I would LOVE to audition. I'd probably go for both SM and JYP, just because it's a slightly bigger chance of getting somewhere than just doing one.

I think it's usually only small things that celebrities get done, like their nose or eyes. It just makes that small difference, you know?

But that doesn't mean ALL of them get stuff done.

cool, i hope you do audition!! idk if i asked this lol but what would u audition for? if i did ask, sorry lol :sweatingbullets:

ohh only small thing? its still cool if they do, cause i know hwanhee from ftts got surgery and i think he turned out great! :D (even though he got bad remarks <_< )

Archived