[official] The Jyp Tour Auditions 2008

Guest love=music=life

Actually yes, I did audition

After doing the extra recordings for certain auditioners,

One of the staff members was at a seperate event

but the other one that was with us asked all of us volunteer helpers if any of us wanted to audition

And literally almost all of us did.. haha it was pretty funny though because

we all knew each other pretty well by then and so it was weird seeing all of us get all nervous in front of the camera haha

even the staff member was cracking up and was like "I can't watch you guys audition, I know you guys too well"

So she had the camera rolling and one by one we auditioned for the camera..

but seriously we couldn't watch eachother because we kept laughing

It was fun :P

Really? You were at the extra recordings? Is it the one at the dance room? or was there another one? o_o

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest love=music=life

Hey! i didnt audition but i was reading some posts, so no one was noticed of making it into JYP? hmm.. but someone got envelope or something right? lol i think thats what someone post. :sweatingbullets:

I hope you guys did well! and i hope someone made it! :D

Results haven't been released yet because the footage has yet to reach Korea and the rest of the JYPE Artist Training & Casting Team. It will take 1-2months for accepted auditioners to be notified.

How did you end up becoming one of the volunteers/workers for the audition? It's because for future references, I wanted to have an idea on what I need to do to try to get my foot in the door. If that information is confidential, then it's cool, I understand. As important as skills/talents are, knowing a person within the industry mixed with a little bit of luck seems to be such a huge factor. Anyhoo, good luck on your results. Hope you get the opportunity to take your talent to the next level.

I saw the application on their JYPE Audition daum cafe @ http://cafe.daum.net/JYPManager

And so I just applied :lol:

And I got an email a couple weeks later telling me what to do...

Really? You were at the extra recordings? Is it the one at the dance room? or was there another one? o_o

I was there the whole time. I was there all day at the auditions at JJ Hotel

and then once we all left the hotel we went to get lunch/dinner

and then headed toward a dance studio where we finished recording :D

Guest xxakclumzyxx

Results haven't been released yet because the footage has yet to reach Korea and the rest of the JYPE Artist Training & Casting Team. It will take 1-2months for accepted auditioners to be notified.

I saw the application on their JYPE Audition daum cafe @ http://cafe.daum.net/JYPManager

And so I just applied :lol:

And I got an email a couple weeks later telling me what to do...

Oh, so it's not three weeks anymore? It's going to take 1-2 months for us to receive notifications if we got in or not? The dude that made the announcements said that if we don't get a call within 3 weeks, that means that we were dropped. Sorry for so many questions but I think it would be beneficial for the ones that auditioned to know around the time-frame that it would take for them to make their decisions. I'm sure they have a lot on their plate so it does make sense to me that it would take 1-2 months instead of 3 weeks.

Guest austin_kang

dangg when i arrived at the hotel auditions i never seen so many asains in my life!yea i go to a ghetto school theres literally 3 korean guys thats my year at school.. i was amazed and how talented and good looking everyone was!!. there were soo mannyy people too! even in the audition room. and even moree talnet and good looking peopleeee.i was number 362 . i broguht my guitar in to i felt dumb cuase everyone was lookin at me all funny. so i sat in the way back. but i heard you could only do one so i just danced. my turn was coming up. but anyone noe that modelin music haha its so funny. i danced up there i was dying after the first song.. then they told me to come back so i did and there were like only 5 people in the room. and i saw my friend gary the chinese guy in there too. small world i tell you. but he left to come back later at night. they asked me to come back at night but i couldnt becuase i had to go to a show.so they told me to sing dance and took pictures and i left. it was good first experience. and i met some new faces too

Guest M1SSxBARB1E

dangg when i arrived at the hotel auditions i never seen so many asains in my life!yea i go to a ghetto school theres literally 3 korean guys thats my year at school.. i was amazed and how talented and good looking everyone was!!. there were soo mannyy people too! even in the audition room. and even moree talnet and good looking peopleeee.i was number 362 . i broguht my guitar in to i felt dumb cuase everyone was lookin at me all funny. so i sat in the way back. but i heard you could only do one so i just danced. my turn was coming up. but anyone noe that modelin music haha its so funny. i danced up there i was dying after the first song.. then they told me to come back so i did and there were like only 5 people in the room. and i saw my friend gary the chinese guy in there too. small world i tell you. but he left to come back later at night. they asked me to come back at night but i couldnt becuase i had to go to a show.so they told me to sing dance and took pictures and i left. it was good first experience. and i met some new faces too

sooo im guessin` yo the guy who danced 3 times...?

if you were yo dancing was mad siiiick.

i was like woah hahaha you were really good (:

all the girls were going craaaazy hahaha.

when they saw you leave the girls next to me were like "no! come back. don't leave. he's so cute!" LOLS.

dudeee... i saw you sing & play the guitar too outside.

i was standing next to this bench (that you were sitting at) talking on my phone & these girls came up to you & they asked you to sing...?

i wasnt paying attention to my friend on the phone cause i was too busy listening to you LOLS.

anyways mad props on yo dancin` & singing.

<3

Guest lovely_ck

I heard from about the 400 people who were there at JJ only 2 are going to become trainees.

and in Korea they have open auditions twice or month or something similar to that, the people who went said you're lucky if they let you sing for 20 seconds...so we shouldn't be complaining[=

And for the dance portion in Korea, i heard they just turn on some music and everyone in the room(around 10 people) dance at the same time.haha

Guest love=music=life

I heard from about the 400 people who were there at JJ only 2 are going to become trainees.

and in Korea they have open auditions twice or month or something similar to that, the people who went said you're lucky if they let you sing for 20 seconds...so we shouldn't be complaining[=

And for the dance portion in Korea, i heard they just turn on some music and everyone in the room(around 10 people) dance at the same time.haha

They have no set number on how many people they are going to pick.

However, they did mention at the beginning of the auditions that in the past

they picked 2 people from LA (NichKhun & JaeBum)

haha i know there were some great dancers, were there any singers that were asked to stay?

I think there were. I couldn't really tell because they were asked to do everything.

So I couldn't really distinguish between the singers and dancers and such...

Guest AZNpopFinatic

Thanks Jane for clearing all this up. I apologize for all the repetition with the audition info. I'm reading all your posts and its funny and comforting to see everyone like "did you see me? /did you hear me?" or " I was number ----- I totally sucked but were you there?" kinda conversations.

Though Jane, I'm a good friend with one of the staff members at the New York Audition, if anyone saw her, she's the one with the white blouse calling out everyone's numbers at the podium. And she told everyone in the audition room that they will hear from jyp Entert. after 2-3 weeks from the audition date, regarding a second audition for those who got picked. I asked her again whether they will have the FINAL results within that time, but she said no. They will have chosen like a few people to audition again and those will be considered for trainees. I didn't just ask her, but the guy with the black blazer who came to the audition room once and while told us himself.

Maybe in LA they did it differently since NY and LA are on opposite sides of the country, they doing it differently? For example, the auditions with a single person at a time, instead of in front of the entire group.

As for the people are freaking out! Don't be, whatever happens happens. There is no instant stardom. My brother a while back, auditioned for SM and he got into the final round? (or whatever, like a call back or something), but he was rejected and they picked Henry Lau. (you don't know what they want.....there's multiple factors considered!), BUT ANYWAYS. He just shook it off and continued with his life, and two weeks later at his school performances at NYU, he was scouted by one of the BIG FOUR (you guys all know the labels so check him out!). And now he's considering signing with them. He ended somewhere that's not SM, and in return he receives even better opportunities. "one door shuts, and another opens!"

So guys, if this doesn't work out, there's always other opportunities, and not to be superstitious, but each of us has our own destiny, and there is a reason why things happen. So keep the optimism and continue with your dreams!

Hwaiting! or in my language JIA YOU!!

Guest cloudxsayuu;

Just got back home (:

My flight was like delayed three + times! >_<

But yeah I went to the auditions; I was number 234?

I think I sang really quiet haha I sang sarang haet jana by Lyn.

It was a good experience still a little shaken up though (:

The people who were asked to stay who auditioned for the dance category.. Did they know how to do popping?

uh... well i didn't pop (cuz all i know is how to pop my chest LOL) and this one guy popped, but when i watched the ppl audition at the dance studio i saw only the guy pop (but i came late so iono)

rly? wow i didn't know that u were there (probably cuz i dunno what you look like xD) yea i was the weird girl that was sitting down on the bench, occasionally turning around to tap the mirror/glass and making weird faces and tryin to communicate w/ my cousins outside xD

well i don't think my extra recording did well. i think i got the shortest time out of all of them lol. and my cousins + my mom were making weird faces at me through the glass when they told me to stand and hold my hair up so i was trying reaaaally hard not to laugh so my lips were quivering weirdly x_x

Guest love=music=life

Thanks Jane for clearing all this up. I apologize for all the repetition with the audition info. I'm reading all your posts and its funny and comforting to see everyone like "did you see me? /did you hear me?" or " I was number ----- I totally sucked but were you there?" kinda conversations.

Though Jane, I'm a good friend with one of the staff members at the New York Audition, if anyone saw her, she's the one with the white blouse calling out everyone's numbers at the podium. And she told everyone in the audition room that they will hear from jyp Entert. after 2-3 weeks from the audition date, regarding a second audition for those who got picked. I asked her again whether they will have the FINAL results within that time, but she said no. They will have chosen like a few people to audition again and those will be considered for trainees. I didn't just ask her, but the guy with the black blazer who came to the audition room once and while told us himself.

Maybe in LA they did it differently since NY and LA are on opposite sides of the country, they doing it differently? For example, the auditions with a single person at a time, instead of in front of the entire group.

Yup the LA auditions and the NYC auditions were held in a different manner because

it was held at different hotels that provided different amounts of rooms and such.

rly? wow i didn't know that u were there (probably cuz i dunno what you look like xD) yea i was the weird girl that was sitting down on the bench, occasionally turning around to tap the mirror/glass and making weird faces and tryin to communicate w/ my cousins outside xD

well i don't think my extra recording did well. i think i got the shortest time out of all of them lol. and my cousins + my mom were making weird faces at me through the glass when they told me to stand and hold my hair up so i was trying reaaaally hard not to laugh so my lips were quivering weirdly x_x

Were you the girl that the staff unni asked to take off your hair clip?

I think you were 14 years old?

I was the tall girl with the navy blue top and jeans... :D

Guest MiniRhino

I think I know who you were Jane! I'm the dude who said "난 중국사람 입니다" early in the morning hehe...

You asked me if I spoke English and you gave me instructions from thereon. I'm also the 바보 who thought that phone # on Facebook was an American number... heh

<-- There's a video I made about some random parts of the audition. Feel free to watch if you have free time :)

Guest dr1ftxx

uh... well i didn't pop (cuz all i know is how to pop my chest LOL) and this one guy popped, but when i watched the ppl audition at the dance studio i saw only the guy pop (but i came late so iono)

you were the girl that wore black right? and asked the other girls for CD?

Yup the LA auditions and the NYC auditions were held in a different manner because

it was held at different hotels that provided different amounts of rooms and such.

yea im 14. :D omg i swear my mind isn't working anymore x_x im 16. ><

no i was the 1 that they asked me to tie my hair up and i tied it rly bad so the back of my hair was all sticking up.. :X oh and i introduced myself in canto, english and (very bad) mando. :P oh! I'm the one who couldn't understand a single word that the judge was saying, i stood there like 'huh?' and like needed a translation for every sentence xD were you the one who asked how i knew mando? and had to translate all those sentences for me (lol if thats u im sorry xD)

no i was the one who wore tights and shorts on top w/ a pink AE short-sleeved jacket. i think i was the only one wearing pink and tights so yea.

Guest dr1ftxx

yea im 14. :D omg i swear my mind isn't working anymore x_x im 16. ><

no i was the 1 that they asked me to tie my hair up and i tied it rly bad so the back of my hair was all sticking up.. :X oh and i introduced myself in canto, english and (very bad) mando. :P oh! I'm the one who couldn't understand a single word that the judge was saying, i stood there like 'huh?' and like needed a translation for every sentence xD were you the one who asked how i knew mando? and had to translate all those sentences for me (lol if thats u im sorry xD)

no i was the one who wore tights and shorts on top w/ a pink AE short-sleeved jacket. i think i was the only one wearing pink and tights so yea.

ohhh...hahaha, i remember you! you're the other cantonese! lols...its okay, i didnt really understand the judges either~ ahaha, i remember the lady was like " gary! is she your friend " hahaha

hello~

yeah, I'm that girl [=

I egistered on Soompi today and I'm new...lol

I was just checking how everyone thought of the auditions and I find all of you guys:D! haha

Guest dr1ftxx

hello~

yeah, I'm that girl [=

I egistered on Soompi today and I'm new...lol

I was just checking how everyone thought of the auditions and I find all of you guys:D! haha

hahaha...everybody ends up on soompi afterwards, i wonder would the other 2 girls at the dance studio end up on soompi too lOL

hahaha...everybody ends up on soompi afterwards, i wonder would the other 2 girls at the dance studio end up on soompi too lOL

haha yeah.

uhm remember the girl that went right before me, she was wearing a white top and shorts...

we've been friends for a while and I think she doesnt do soompi.hahha

and I don't know about the other person[=

Archived