[official] The Jyp Tour Auditions 2008

Guest love=music=life

Thanks for opening this thread! We seriously need some real answers out here, lol.

I am just wondering, when will the audition end on that day? I might come really late...

If I do singing but I am really bad at free styling at the end, would that be a BIG minus?

OMG.. i am crackin my skull about the free styling at the end too.. .

thats my question too..

would that be a big minus??

its just that.. if im taught something then im good at it

i would just dance like i would at a party then?? at the freestyle??

well.. not really like that.;. but i hope peeps know waht i mean.. -_-

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ms.minhwan_choi

thats my question too..

well.. like if you take dance classes cause you said that you were taught something that your good at.. soo im gonna

awsume dance.. then you shouldnt be worried cuz you must've had loads of performances no?

cuz i take hip hop dance classes and id say if you think your ok then you should do well..

but unless its like ballet or ballroom.. umm.. not so much.. cuz its a music industry/entertainment company

so i would prob. asume that they look for ppl with talent with the beat and the rythmn .. soo yeahh hope that helps :]

Guest love=music=life

Sorry I have been MIA for a while.

I e-mailed in the questions to a rep from the JYP I think he's on vacation for Lunar New Years.

I'll post his answers as soon as he replies back.

Guest ldchzcake

well.. like if you take dance classes cause you said that you were taught something that your good at.. soo im gonna

awsume dance.. then you shouldnt be worried cuz you must've had loads of performances no?

cuz i take hip hop dance classes and id say if you think your ok then you should do well..

but unless its like ballet or ballroom.. umm.. not so much.. cuz its a music industry/entertainment company

so i would prob. asume that they look for ppl with talent with the beat and the rythmn .. soo yeahh hope that helps :]

Um, i'm pretty sure ballet and ballroom have everything to do with beat and rhythm, they are types of dance after all, i think you meant that you can't audition with a ballet/ballroom routine because it is the modern entertainment company. If your allowed, i'd say do a routine. But if you must freestyle then i have some tips

---Freestyling becomes a lot easier if you learn multiple routines and take bits and pieces of the routines and put them all together as you go. It looks really good because you know what your doing but at the same time your making it up as you go along. Hip hop classes help in teaching you different routines and they include your different instructors style of hip hop, so in your free time take the steps that you like of the routines, put somem music on, and make it your own. :D

Guest xBabyAmix

thats my question too..

well, i don't think it would be that much of a big minus, cuz at the SM auditions when my friend asked they said you don't HAVE to dance but it would give extra points, but im not sure if it's the same 4 JYP.

Plus, u don't have to go out there and break your neck trying to learn routines and such. At least try, even if ur not that good. Show them you have confidence, and it's good that you just go out there and try, they'll see that as a good thing. :)

Guest MonsterCrew-1-Tech-

i already asked this in the other jyp audition 08 forum

but imma ask again in this one just in case no one replies in the other one :P

is JYP looking for or interested in any rappers?

Another question.. -_- i have way too many.. ^-^

but iono if this is accurate.. but i heard from somewhere.. iono where.

but i heard that if you pass the first audition you have a group audition.. (people watching)

and the last one is at like at some korean festival..

is this true???

and another thing..

i really need peeps who is going to audition this year to critique and listen to my singing..

the jyp club @ daum hasnt leveld me up yet.. so that i can start posting for critiques..

everyone whos working hard for this audition FIGHTING!! AJA AJA

Guest love=music=life

I just received a reply email from JYP's ATT

I will update you guys on the answered questions late monday.

I'm sorry, it's just that I have a midterm on Monday that I REALLY need to study for...

Guest musicpoplove

Another question.. -_- i have way too many.. ^-^

but iono if this is accurate.. but i heard from somewhere.. iono where.

but i heard that if you pass the first audition you have a group audition.. (people watching)

and the last one is at like at some korean festival..

is this true???

and another thing..

i really need peeps who is going to audition this year to critique and listen to my singing..

the jyp club @ daum hasnt leveld me up yet.. so that i can start posting for critiques..

everyone whos working hard for this audition FIGHTING!! AJA AJA

tje korean festable was for SM audition, i dont think its for JYP. yeah 2nd round is probably few judges watching.

tje korean festable was for SM audition, i dont think its for JYP. yeah 2nd round is probably few judges watching.

ooo!!!!! sorry..my bad..

im getting confused cuz the hollywood bowl things commin up.. haha..

anyway thanks

Guest juniipher

for the audition, if you want to try out for acting, do you give a script or do i have to get a script myself?

If I have to get my own script, where do you get one???

Thanks ^^

can we audition with a friend together in the same room

Well if JYP is the same as SM then it all depends if your number and your friends number aren't on the cut off

say if ten go in at a time hopefully your friend isn't like 11 or something

did anyone else have problems viewing the www.jype.com/audition.town webpage??

it wont open for me and i REALLY want to send in my app.

when's the deadline????

did anyone else have problems viewing the www.jype.com/audition.town webpage??

it wont open for me and i REALLY want to send in my app.

when's the deadline????

i think you have to registre with daum.net and then sign up tp be a part of the cafe.. or something..

i suggest you just show up with your app. if you cant do those things

Guest love=music=life

Update Feb. 12, 2008 11:00AM

READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS:

Currently The JYP Tour Auditions will only be held in Los Angeles and New York. We are in the process of planning future JYP Tour concerts which will be followed by JYP Tour Auditions.

This is a joint project with JYPE in Korea and in America. The accepted will have the opportunity to debut in Korea, America, China, etc.

JYP Entertainment’s Artist Training Team will be judging.

We are searching for people from all categories (Singers, Dancers, Models, Actors, etc.). Also, the most important thing they are looking for is potential for the future. All categories will be judged equally (There is NO favoritism between dancing and singing).

Everyone is allowed to audition for any category. Also, you may audition for more than one category, however, it is not required. Everyone will be given a chance to audition.

There is NO rhythm test. Only those who audition for the dancer category will dance. They will dance what they have prepared to music that they must provide themselves.

For the acting auditions, you must provide your own script. There should be plenty of monologues available online.

If you are having problems with opening the link, try opening it on Internet Explorer. The website is not Firefox compatible. You DO NOT have to register onto our Daum Café in order to apply.

There is no set deadline for the applications. I suggest sending it in a couple days before the day of the actual audition.

*** Please don’t answer questions by saying what happened at the SM auditions.

JYP and SM are different companies and therefore will be holding the auditions in a different manner. I suggest watching previous JYP audition videos on youtube.

Also, please do not PM me, it makes it really hard for me to answer questions.

okay THANKS, love=music=life.

you answered alot of my questions..

but you didn't mention this, so i hope it's okay to ask..

how long of a song should we prepare??

like you said, i dont wanna go in there preparing the same song & length i did for the SM auditions...

thank you for the great answersss

it really helped me out

haha. i was all prepared for the singing and just the thought of rhythm tests... gaaa!!!

anyway.. thank you very much

Archived