[official] The Jyp Tour Auditions 2008

Guest love=music=life

Does anyone know if we are considering emailing our auditions what was the email again?

And in what form should we send in our audition clips?

Youtube format? [i hope not!] soundclick, mp3 or wav???

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if we are considering emailing our auditions what was the email again?

And in what form should we send in our audition clips?

Youtube format? [i hope not!] soundclick, mp3 or wav???

umm are you talking about the jyp mail auditions??

thats not this thread..

for the jyp audition 2008, you can either email the application to the site on the flyer on the first page

or you can just take your application there.

Guest love=music=life

Don't worry about the one minute time limit.

It's not like we are going to have a stopwatch to time you.

Just prepare more than needed. It's better to be overprepared than underprepared.

Just do whatever you prepared until the judges cut you off.

Once again, we do not have any idea as to what time the auditions will end because we have no idea how many people will show up on the day of the auditions.

And yes, you have to be there from the beginning of the auditions.

It even says on the webpage to come an hour early.

For those applying for MC or VJ, basically make up your own MC dialog.

Maybe introduce a song or something of that nature.

THERE IS NO RHYTHM TEST. For those of you who don't know what a rhythm test is, it's the same as a "freestyle dance"

The email applications for this audition is not the audition itself. In order to audition for this "JYP Tour Audition" you must show up the day of the audition

The judges might or might not ask you questions. Don't worry about it, just be yourself and be honest.

Please don't worry about the 2nd round auditions. Those of you who make it to the second round will be contacted and will be given further information regarding the 2nd round auditions.

PLEASE READ MY PREVIOUS POSTS AND UPDATES ON THE 1ST PAGE OF THE THREAD BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

It's really hard for me to read and answer all these repetitive questions.

I just emailed JYP's Rep regarding bringing your application and for those 14 and under.

Guest MonsterCrew-1-Tech-

Not unless you sound better in korean than english.

IF you sound better in english than korean then sing in english.

Or if you have more confidence in speaking either one.

My opinion only sing in english. That's just my opinion...

aiite what if i do 1 minute of english and 1 minute of korean?

would that be ok?

if not then imma just stick with english

Guest LeahHeartsDBSK

would that be ok?

if they don't let you

try 30 seconds of each??

and hey when you have time

myspace me so we can talk more

i need to ask you sumthing about my song and stuff

kay aaron?

xDDDDDD

would that be ok?

i think it's one minute per category, so if your singing, it's one minute max. If you wanna sing both english and korean i think you should do 30 secs each.. but i think if you just sing one song it'd be better.

umm are you talking about the jyp mail auditions??

thats not this thread..

for the jyp audition 2008, you can either email the application to the site on the flyer on the first page

or you can just take your application there.

THANKS!!!! ^^ i didn't get that! ><

would that be ok?

that's a good idea. but like what FallenSkies said maybye alternate between the two. Like you know Tablo's Anyband Rap?

At least to me the way he raps in korean with a few english words in there sounds really nice~ but you can do whas FAllenSkies has suggested too.

Guest Xoxlily

i just found out they're having one in NYC today....

i just read like, every post in this topic.. but i have a problem. i don't speak korean at all.. so i don't even know if that's like.... allowed? the whole "i don't speak korean" ... but i speak mandarin and english .... so if they ask me a question in korean, what am i suppose to do? and are the people there, like the judges and stuff speaking english? or are they going to be speaking in korean?

do you need an application for each positiong you're going to be aditioning for? i know that's a stupid question but i just wanted to make sure.

i'm going to the NYC one and i'm probably taking the subway there from NJ (where i live) ... does anyone have any tips on getting there? cuz i've been to a lot of places in NYC by subway but never to flushing.

sorry for the many many questions!

Guest happyheartmee

Sooooo....

WHATCHA GUYS WEARING? hahaha

So during the audition, should we keep singing until they tell us to stop or should we have a certain part we just automatically stop at [like end of first chorus] or something?

Guest LeahHeartsDBSK

okay so it says that you can apply on the DAY of the audition, but then it says you have to apply online a day before the actual audition...

which one is true?

they are both true

you can apply the day of

OR you can apply online before tha actual day

they giv eyou two choices

xDDDDD

Guest LeahHeartsDBSK

Sooooo....

WHATCHA GUYS WEARING? hahaha

So during the audition, should we keep singing until they tell us to stop or should we have a certain part we just automatically stop at [like end of first chorus] or something?

sing until they tell you to stop

xDDDDDD

i just found out they're having one in NYC today....

i just read like, every post in this topic.. but i have a problem. i don't speak korean at all.. so i don't even know if that's like.... allowed? the whole "i don't speak korean" ... but i speak mandarin and english .... so if they ask me a question in korean, what am i suppose to do? and are the people there, like the judges and stuff speaking english? or are they going to be speaking in korean?

do you need an application for each positiong you're going to be aditioning for? i know that's a stupid question but i just wanted to make sure.

i'm going to the NYC one and i'm probably taking the subway there from NJ (where i live) ... does anyone have any tips on getting there? cuz i've been to a lot of places in NYC by subway but never to flushing.

sorry for the many many questions!

its ok!! calm down!! JYP speaks english! and im pretty sure that some of their staff members speak english too. ^_^

Guest h.e.l.l.o.

^YAY! that's exactly what i was worrying about - the koreanspeaking part

1 thing i'm really worried about is the one minute thing.

i feel like i'm going to only have 1 minute ready to dance, but what if they ask me to keep going...

should i just have 2 minutes ready to dance and sing?

Guest LucKy#1

can somebody pm me and help me out with filling the application?

lol

i can never fill these out right^^;

same for me i dont get what to fill.

Guest taylorkabaylor

anybody wanna meet up at auditions?lol

i mean we have PLENTY of time there to do nonsense lol while waiting for auditions to end :T

Guest cloudxsayuu;

Question: Can we stop before they cut us off? Because I'm stopping after a chorus since there is a huge pause after that part TwT; So i'm singing at like 30 seconds max- can we do that?

Archived