[official] The Jyp Tour Auditions 2008

Guest love=music=life

Guest LeahHeartsDBSK

Thank you everyone for answering eachother's questions.

I'm still waiting for a reply, I resent in your questions just now, so hopefully I'll get a response soon!

I'll post up the response as soon as I recieve it!

If you havn't done so already please RSVP at either Facebook or Myspace for the LA Auditions.

Facebook Event

MySpace Event

TT_____________TT

iono if it's just me

but the myspace event doesn't work

like the link

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i asked this in the other thread but no one replied back -_- so ill ask it here since its the official threadd ^_^

you know for jyp auditions

is it like a certain amount of people auditioning in one room like sm?

cuz i heard jyp its one person at a time or something.

i really dont like the way sm does there auditions but then i think they do it cuz singers have to sing in front of others

but hopefully jyp is one person haha

so the audition for la is starting from 10 until it ends?

im applying at that day so probably i would have to wait longer..

cuz i dont know how to send email for the jyp audition its very confusing..

is it okay to sing like seeya songs and such? or do they prefer like american songs more

cuz im practicing like 4 songs haha.

Guest loveukitakeforever

do we have to apply one hour before the audition, since i have a college thing with my korean parent's at exactly ten. I then have to leave my parent's to go to the audition... my parent's have no idea that i am auditioning...i want to know if we can apply right when we arrive at any time...they end at eight so i assume that they allow you to apply at the time you arrive..i'm so cofused..isn't that what it said on the poster...(bobbing head)?

Guest 1nn0xsmile

i have a question, can we sing other language song beside eng. and korean? like chinese, even tho we're not fluent with?

since ppl are talking about JYP prefer american songs than Korean, im kinda scared,

now i dont know which song i should practice, bcuz my eng. prounouciation sucks.><

Guest MonsterCrew-1-Tech-

im practicing both korean and english song too

will JYP let me rap in english after i rap in korean... cuz im planning on rapping in korean first.

Guest nightfall738

i asked this in the other thread but no one replied back -_- so ill ask it here since its the official threadd ^_^

you know for jyp auditions

is it like a certain amount of people auditioning in one room like sm?

cuz i heard jyp its one person at a time or something.

i really dont like the way sm does there auditions but then i think they do it cuz singers have to sing in front of others

but hopefully jyp is one person haha

so the audition for la is starting from 10 until it ends?

im applying at that day so probably i would have to wait longer..

cuz i dont know how to send email for the jyp audition its very confusing..

is it okay to sing like seeya songs and such? or do they prefer like american songs more

cuz im practicing like 4 songs haha.

Sing whatever song you want. As long as it makes you sound good.

I don't think it should matter whether it is in front of a lot of people or not. Remember there will be a lot of people there and time is an issue. So just be confident. If you shine, you'll stand out anyway. :D Good luck! BTW what song are you singing?

do we have to apply one hour before the audition, since i have a college thing with my korean parent's at exactly ten. I then have to leave my parent's to go to the audition... my parent's have no idea that i am auditioning...i want to know if we can apply right when we arrive at any time...they end at eight so i assume that they allow you to apply at the time you arrive..i'm so cofused..isn't that what it said on the poster...(bobbing head)?

Yes you can apply at any time.

i have a question, can we sing other language song beside eng. and korean? like chinese, even tho we're not fluent with?

since ppl are talking about JYP prefer american songs than Korean, im kinda scared,

now i dont know which song i should practice, bcuz my eng. prounouciation sucks.><

It doesn't realy matter what they prefer. It matters what makes YOU sound good. Either way, you'll learn something if you get in. If your english pronunciation is bad, then sing in a language that you're comfortable in.

---

Could someone answer my question? I heard that JYP does not like to hear you sing JYP songs, but what if you sing it better than the artist? Should you sing it then?

AND are you SURE SURE SURE that we'd be able to do more than one category? Thanks!

Guest musicpoplove

Could someone answer my question? I heard that JYP does not like to hear you sing JYP songs, but what if you sing it better than the artist? Should you sing it then?

AND are you SURE SURE SURE that we'd be able to do more than one category? Thanks!

i am doing more than one, im doing acting+singing. yeah i wanna kow if were SURE SURE if we can lol.

yeeah dont sing jyp songs. comparing to jyp artist,... hmmm.

and JYP enter. doesnt have any managable songs to sing for auditions really.

Guest KuYA II

hmm for sure i have a feeling that most of the girls will sing Jang Ri In - Y (either english or korean) so try to stay away from that. Just sing whatever song you feel more comfortable with. Something that is challenging, but at the same time that doesn't make you strain your vocals.

Thank you everyone for answering eachother's questions.

I'm still waiting for a reply, I resent in your questions just now, so hopefully I'll get a response soon!

I'll post up the response as soon as I recieve it!

If you havn't done so already please RSVP at either Facebook or Myspace for the LA Auditions.

Facebook Event

MySpace Event

what if we are waiting for the SF one? do we wait for the other rsvp for that one? how does rsvping help us?

Guest xiaochingu.

^ i'm taking them because i have no way to get my mom's siggie on it and emailing it =\

can someone tell me if we can rap AND sing? even though they are in the same category

and if they are DIFFERENT songs?

Guest musicpoplove

do they look at appearance, short, tall, skinny, or fat?

will jyp said in his documentary video that he picks people who he sees as a star/an image (a "tranning plan") right when he sees them at audition.

so i guess in ANY company they do look at somoething about image/appearance, its not like they WONT at all right?

Guest love=music=life

Update Feb. 21, 2008 8:45PM

READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS:

Reply from JYP's ATT:

The auditions will be held in private (not in an open room).

Auditioners will enter the room 10 people at a time and then one by one audition.

You may audition with your friends/in groups.

The time limit for each auditioner will be 1 minute.

People chosen for the 2nd round auditions will be notified in private.

Accepted individuals will be notified individually.

The deadline for the email applications will be the day before the audtion date.

(For the LA auditions, 12 midnight on March 14th)

Rappers should audition under the SINGER category.

All auditioners must be at the audition location from the beginning of the auditions.

The audition will end according to the number of auditioners.

For the singers auditions, by "paragraph" we mean that you should prepare about one verse of a song.

You do not need to prepare a paragraph of speech.

You do not need to bring a profile picture on the day of the audition.

However please print a copy of your application and bring it with you on the day of the audition.

Time will not allow for audtioners to both sing and rap. If you feel the need to rap AND sing, pick a song which combines both.

In my opinion you can sing in any language but I'm pretty sure that they will prefer either Korean, English, or Chinese, since that is their main target.

Also, you can sing any song, whatever fits your style and range.

Just have confidence :D

Regarding being able to audition for more than one category, the only thing the JYP Rep said was that both people who audition for one category and those who are only auditioning for one will be given one chance.

He worded it kind of funny but I'm sure that means that you will be able to audition for more than one category.

I think the only thing that would prevent that is if they ran out of time.

Just prepare as much as you can for everything you want to audition for. :)

And don't worry about appearances unless your auditioning for the model category (commom sense, no?)

Guest chuubasa

mmm... Interesting... but im still kinda not clear... When they say 1 min performance, so does that mean that if you audition for 2 catergories, you have 30 secs to do 1 category and 30 secs to perform the other?

Guest love=music=life

mmm... Interesting... but im still kinda not clear... When they say 1 min performance, so does that mean that if you audition for 2 catergories, you have 30 secs to do 1 category and 30 secs to perform the other?

I'm guessing 1 minute each.

Like I said before just prepare as much as you can :D

Guest ms.minhwan_choi

so does that mean you do the audition if you want to do dance and sing a min perf of both?? RAWRR my dance is like 3 mins long!! and i've worked so hard on it blahh oh well it was worth it.. i added everything since i take a hiphop dance clas sbut anyways lmao

Guest LeahHeartsDBSK

awwwwwwwww

i don't get to sing AND rap......

rawr

and i still need to work on my danceeeeeee

DANGGGGG

good luck with preparations everyone

OH!!!

and when they say that the advancers will be announced to in private

will it be on THAT day??

or what?

does that mean, we go in groups and each of us have 1 min with the judges each,

or our singing or dancing or both, or watever.. (our talent) should last a minute??

O AND ANOTHER QUESTION!!

WHEN DOES THIS END??

THE TIME..

LIKE.. AN APPROX. TIME.

Archived