{|[ Quick School Lunches ]|}

Guest *rashiDah

Guest *rashiDah
What to bring?
I'm usually running late every morning on the way to school and end up buying my lunch because it's more convienent. But because school lunches are expensive and unhealthy (and i'm getting bored of the same thing) i'm wondering what would be an easy lunch i can bring to school that isn't boring (i.e pb&j sandwiches -____-) So what do you guys bring for lunch?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xmoogle

I usually just make myself a turkey sandwich and bring an apple and two satsumas.

Sometimes I'll bring a bag of pretzels instead of satsumas. I have a pretty simple lunch.

Guest Alice

How much are your school lunches? Cause they're ok, around $1.60 - $3 (Sausage rolls - chicken burgers) Some are healthy -the wholemeal salad sandwiches- when I bring my own lunch it's just from various Taiwanese cake shops (taro bread usually or hazelnut jelly)

Guest *rashiDah

^ Well it depends what you buy. But mostly around the $3 mark and $2 for a drink. So that's $5 in one day. That's $25 in one week! Quite a lot of money for just lunch.

Guest Alice

Ohh ok, I never spend that much. Usually under $3 and not everyday. I never buy drinks at our school's cafeteria cause they're mostly sodas, mineral water or milk.. which I dislike.

Guest kakashi

go to breadtop or some chinese cake shop in your area. they sell various different types of bread that tastes pretty nice.

Guest Ied_chan

yeah..lunch is getting more and more expensive everyday..

even sandwhich can be more than 3 bucks nowdays...and it doesn't even taste that good.....

so i started packing my own lunch...usually i would bring fruits...it's healthy and delicious...

or i would bring homemade sandwhiches...(plain bread with peanut butter)...it'll taste good when u're hungry....

Guest moonie_heejunnie

bring your own water instead of buying mineral water bottles, i think you can save quite a lot...

easy lunches:

sandwiches

pasta salads

fruits

if you have a keep warm container then you can bring hot foods

Guest MiJi_10

fruit, lunchables, different kinds of sandwiches that you can make the night before, granola bars, poptarts, leftovers, cup noodle, kimbap...

do you have a microwave at your school ? or a kettle ?

you should bring cooked stuff and heat it , or bring cup ramen or soup and just add water . faster than making something - all you have to do it spoon it into the container or grab it out of the pantry .

Guest saera

I always bring like 3 different fruits and a yogurt drink. And if there's time I pack a sandwich.

It's a hassle, really.

Guest chdairkld

to me it's a hassle to remember to pack/bring lunch..i guess if i bought it at a store it'll be yummier but i have to stick with the school stuff.

you can take your time making lunch if you make it the night before and put it in a paper bag so its easy to grab in the morning.

back in high school, sometimes i would make a salade and put it in a container. sandwichs with turkey, lettuce, tomato, sprouits, mayo. rice with left overs from dinner

Archived