What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

im starting to read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

im only 15 pages in so i can't decide whether its a good read or not...

also ive bought for later reads the Time to Kill by John Grisham and Clockwork Orange

A Time to Kill is a great read, you'll enjoy it. One of those page-turners that you don't want to put down. I thought the movie didn't do it justice.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest easyascake

Just finished THE GLASS CASTLE by Jeanette Walls.

it was my first time reading a bio/memoir and it was incredible.

and i've just begun A MILLION LITTLE PIECES by James Frey.

Guest 5bchm

Started a new book and hopefully will try to get it done before heading back home for the summer. Currently reading Incendiary by Chris Cleave.

I just got done w/ two books, Beyond The Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning and Fantasy Lovers by Sherrilyn Kenyon. My co-worker recommend and lend it to me to read at work and even though I haven't been reading any romance novel, I have to say that both books are really interesting.

Finished reading the Millennium trilogy yesterday. I'm feeling a bit forlorn and whimsical. I always feel this way after a good read.

Now I'm reading A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. It's not letting me down so far. I loved his first book.

Bakit Baligtad Magbasa ng Libro ang mga Pilipino? (trans. Why Do Filipinos Read Books Upside Down) by Bob Ong.

This book is really good and funny though some are hurtful because it's true. It talks about the culture of the Filipinos.

Read The Hunger Games and After Dark in the last couple of days. Can't say I was satisfied with either, but After Dark had a cool ethereal quality about the writing... first book by Haruki Murakami I read.

After Dark was the first Murakami novel I read as well, and I wasn't really sure what all the hype about him was after reading it ... I tried a few of his other novels though, and absolutely loved some of them. My favourites are probably "Kafka on the Shore" and "South of the Border, West of the Sun". I (personally) feel that they're a lot better than After Dark which, like you, I liked the writing style of, but not so much the plot and characters. If you're unsure of whether or not you like him, I'd try another one of his novels.

I just finished Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury and am starting Dante's Inferno.

Guest jenjenxx

Sweet little lies by Lauren Conrad. Loved her previous series L.A Candy and so far really liking this one aswell ;)

Archived