What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier.

I borrowed it from a friend who studied it on her university course and, although I hated it in the beginning, I stuck it out and it's an amazing read. I love how the setting plays a really big part in the story. I'd definitely recommend it.

wow I remember studying this book when I was 14 :mellow: or 13 in english class

Guest iota

Ulysses by James Joyce. I've been meaning to read this for a while but never got around to it until now; I've only just started it.

Guest termination_override

Fight Club, Darkly Dreaming Dexter, Doctor Who: The Writer's Tale - The Final Chapter, just finished Macbeth

Guest theotherwoman

I finished The Divine Comedy by Dante.

Just started: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer

Guest 정유미

I'm reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I'm currently thinking about how I'm going to describe it, but words fail me. It's just amazing, in a gripping and life-altering way. For those who have read it, I was bawling like mad when Max drew/wrote Liesel a book for her birthday, especially the last page when he drew the moment she hugged him as his "window" in that dark basement. :tears:

Guest Yangie12

Julia London - The Devil's Love

What a lovely book. Just what a needed after all those stressing school works..

Guest marasshi

With the Old Breed at Peleliu and Okinawa by E.B. Sledge

I really liked The Pacific and decided to read one of the books upon which it was based. I don't read a lot of memoirs, but this is one is pretty good. I can't really feel much for these men because I have not experienced and will never experience the horrors Sledge went through. But a lot of the what he says in his narrative exudes a sadness that sometimes just gets me.

Guest pinkproposal

After Dark by Haruki Murakami.

I feel so behind. Everyone (on Soompi) and their mother already read this book. >_<

-kana

Guest pinkproposal

Finished After Dark last night.

Read Mismatch this after noon.

Now reading Battle Royale. Ooh.

I lied. I finished M or F? today (or rather yesterday? It's 4AM).

Now I'm reading Battle Royale and I have a feeling I'm going to get warned for being such a spammer or something.

-kana

Archived