What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm currently re-reading Twilight ;p

But, I have a question... Winter break is starting soon so I have a lot of time, and I feel like reading. I was wondering.. for those who have read Sarah Dessen books, which book should I read first: This Lullaby, The Truth About Forever, or other? Thanks in advance for your opinions!

EDIT: thanks cutiek028!

But, I have a question... Winter break is starting soon so I have a lot of time, and I feel like reading. I was wondering.. for those who have read Sarah Dessen books, which book should I read first: This Lullaby, The Truth About Forever, or other? Thanks in advance for your opinions!

I've read all of them. The first one I read was This Lullaby but the BEST one in my opinion is Just Listen. It's awesome~ :)

Guest marasshi

The Hobbit

I read this before, I think in the summer between elementary and high school. Re-reading it now and it's even better than I remember! <3 I like it more than LotR because of the content and the tone.

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. but im contemplating whether i should continue reading or not because i'm really not into unhappy endings....

i want to read a romantic story, can someone pm me for suggestions :) thanks!

Guest empire-

Atonement - Ian McEwan.

Nice plot, but annoying how McEwan tends to ramble about the characters feelings. Feelings are good - but not this much ):

seriously! i didn't like the book. yeahh it's beautifully written and there was a lot of good talk about the book but i found it to be a drag. i'm a reader who doesn't like to know every single detail, like when an author spends a whole page explaining something, good for the senses but not when it becomes a bore. those books, for me, are hard to stay enticed.

finished 'The Magicians' by Lev Grossman.

i didn't like the ending or the book quite honestly. i like that it depicted a more raw, slightly more realistic life to 'magic kids'

i agree with reviews saying it's more like adult harry potter, but it just didn't do it for me.

Found 'Middlesex' by Jeffrey Eugenides on my shelf. heard a lot of good things about it, so far, pretty interesting and disturbing. But it's written in a way that, without giving away the plot, the troubling revelations only make it more interesting.

EDIT: thanks cutiek028!

You can't go wrong with either book, but my absolute favorite Sarah Dessen book is The Truth About Forever and I've read almost all of her books. This Lullaby probably comes in second or third on my list though.

But anywho, I don't think it matters which book you read first as long as you read them both because they're both awesome =)

i'm in the middle of Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer.... hope really good ending... :D

well, i finished reading Breaking Dawn already...hmmm, after reading all 3previous books, i still find the ending a little anti climactic. maybe coz i am looking for a more good ending despite the book's (series)nice story. anyway, it is still a nice book, happy ending for bella&edward, which is the main attraction of the story. :)

Lottery by Patricia Wood. A wonderful book, I bought it based on the first line in the book - and I was not disappointed!! I was delighted to discover such great characters as Perry and his Grandma and enjoyed their insights about money, love, family, friendship etc. highly recommended

Archived