What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not reading any books at the moment, but I recently finished reading Twilight.

And I need some help. In my AP English I have to choose a book to do a project on, from a given list. I was wondering if anyone here can give me some heads up about the books that you guys have read before I choose the book.

1. As I lay Dying by William Faulkner

2. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck

3. Native son by Richard Wright

4. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

5. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

6. The Awakening by Kate Chopin

7. Drakula by Bram Stoker

8. Gulliver's Travels by Jonathon Swift

9. The Way to Rainy Mountain by M Scott Momaday

10. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

11. My Antonia by Willa Cather

12. A Farewell to Arms by Earnest Hemingway

Thanks in advance.

Guest Spiffy Girl

Finely picked up Lovely Bones.

After I saw the trailer of the movie, I had to buy it! The trailer got me hyped! I've heard a lot of good reviews of the book from friends and even my college English teachers. Can't wait to start reading. :D

Guest marasshi

I'm not reading any books at the moment, but I recently finished reading Twilight.

And I need some help. In my AP English I have to choose a book to do a project on, from a given list. I was wondering if anyone here can give me some heads up about the books that you guys have read before I choose the book.

Thanks in advance.

Funny I've never read any of the books you listed but if I were you I would pick Dracula out of that list.

Oh I've finally finished reading RotK. I need a copy of the Hobbit! I remember liking it a lot more than LotR when I first read it.

Guest CorrectionYou'reWrongImRight

Thanks in advance.

oh god i read most of those for school.

do you study in canada???

anyways

margaret atwood is a boring writter... or at least from what i remember when i was in highschool

never read Weathering heights, but i heard it was good

the grapes of wrath is one of the most boring books ive ever read.

i cant remember some of the other ones at all.. i would definitely suggest DRACULA. since i HEARD it was very very good :)

besides maybe youll enjoy it :)

Read The Scarlet Letter in my junior yr of high school, I thought it wasn't that bad, since one of the factors that got me going was trying to figure out who she had a relationship with, fun looking for the clues/forshadowing.

I actually read The Handmaid's Tale for fun! Either in my early years of high school or while in junior high.

I can't recall if I read My Antonia, though I do have the book at home. Since I loved the Little House series of Laura Ingalls Wilder, I must have read it as well.

Thanks everyone for their help. I'm not sure yet which one to choose but hopefully it's a good one.

And I live in Minnesota but in our AP English class I have to read at least one of the books. I haven't read any of the books though.

Started reading Mr. Muo's Traveling Couch by Dai Sijie yesterday. ^^

Just finished chapter 2 earlier today.

My mom is limiting me to one chapter/day,

because I 'go through books too quickly' LOL.

Guest CorrectionYou'reWrongImRight

im still reading Great Expectations, i dont have alot of time to do so, but when i do i get so excited to see what happens next

im only 1/4 way in, and i can help but feel that pip is such a ungreatful twat at times lol

i love George so far. hes such a good broinlaw. :(

Archived