Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

x_shirley

The "powerful" Picture Thread

Guest brightstars90

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/558/396oq9.jpg

Kid is dying from starvation and vulture waiting for him to die so it can eat. Photographer committed suicide after taking this picture from depression.

i remember this picture.... we had to write a poem abt this picture for one of my english classes.... its truly sad....

Guest coreancc

The thing that keeps hitting you when you see these is the thought, "These aren't from a movie, they aren't staged, they aren't fake... these are real people going through this in real life." Gah...

Then you remember all the people you've gotten to know in your life, and you remember that each and every one had dreams, aspirations, hopes, fears, hearts, tears... each person is an entire world of humanity unto themselves... I can't imagine how people are treated so lightly by this world... as if they are disposable.

i don't like this thread :( i watched the 911 vid. omg..the ending..

this is a great thread, these powerful pictures can actually be enough motivation for people to leave their own little worlds and go out there and take transformative action for social change

Guest Mellz-

oh my..

those pics are really powerful..

and the 911 video, pff.

edit:

allahimei3.jpg

found this pic, makes me sad =(

we should really be thankful and appreciate our lifes.

Guest Overclocked

396oq9.jpg

Kid is dying from starvation and vulture waiting for him to die so it can eat. Photographer committed suicide after taking this picture from depression.

i heard he followed the kid for several kilometers just to capture his struggle perfectly. he accepted a award later, but when questioned on why he didn't do anything to help him out, he felt guilty and killed himself.

the person in the picture made it to the aid.

Guest back-sue

Look up Invisible Children, about the child army in Northern Uganda.

Inivisible Children was the most touching documentary ive ever seen. :tears:

Makes you really think twice about the stuff you complain about on daily basis.

Guest aimi54

i heard he followed the kid for several kilometers just to capture his struggle perfectly. he accepted a award later, but when questioned on why he didn't do anything to help him out, he felt guilty and killed himself.

the person in the picture made it to the aid.

I literally cried for 10 minutes after looking at that pic. My teacher today was telling us how fortunate we are to be living comfortably. Poverty in America does not equate the poverty that we see in other countries. He says it's wierd how we are born at the same time as someone let's say in Rwanda and they grow up poor. We gets to live a good lives while the person born there has to face a poverty and war stricken country everyday--just because we happened to born in the right place at the right time. This threa is really touching and really does make you want to do something about all the treacheries in today's world.

Guest FLY HIGHHH

lets save the world and save starving children everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest joie.de.vivre

thank you to those who posted pictures

they're really moving images

*sigh* T_T

Guest lccyn

Seriously, there are soo many people out there and still unable to save the world. =(

Its so sad to see people starving, yet we still complain that we are not having enough.....

Guest CriticalHit

These pictures make me want to cry.

Omg. That kid's hand. Maybe I'll do missions when I grow up to help feed these people.

Guest AtomicNorthernLights

Oldschool but a goodie show what can happen when the people want change R.I.P. comrades

KwangjuRiots1980guns.jpg

Guest latina

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img245.imageshack.us/img245/558/396oq9.jpg

wow. that completely broke my heart.

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5518/worldpress6zf7.jpg

credits: google

ugh. those pictures make me feel so guilty.

here i am trying to lose weight by rejecting food

i became so unaware that there are also people who die from starvation..

ugh... there are certain things in life that we take for granted.

Guest crystallizedtear

thank you for continuing to remind me

how we take so much for granted

how we are so selfish

how there's so many suffering out there that we could help

siiiggghhhs im a hopeful person but looking at these pictures depresses so much. i don't want to be 'undepressed' though.

These are actual people out there, not just pictures. i don't want to forget their pain even though it hurts.

Guest soheesocute011

This thread just made me realize how many things have been happening to all of us in the past years, decades and centuries. I watched the 9/11 video and I have to say, I was really..speechless..when the building collapsed and the guy stopped talking..These things make me wanna cry.. :tears:

hands-rachel-scott.jpg

"These hands belong to Rachel Joy Scott and will someday touch millions of people’s hearts"

credit:watch.pair.com

She died in a school shooting and she actually predicted that she would die young...it's so sad...and she really had great faith in God.. :tears: :tears:

Guest dancingbymyself

Nvrmnd.

20 characters

Guest Phaze5ive

2uiau11.jpg

5yi2z9.jpg

293htlj.jpg

10wo2zq.jpg

2sbttuu.jpg

fn95s8.jpg

1zd5hrt.jpg

261e0lh.jpg

20hllld.jpg

v43y91.jpg

2s9yu5k.jpg

2ymzqyu.jpg

a81uc.jpg

2ighgza.jpg

2duwnll.jpg

11jrmtz.jpg

2n9bb01.jpg

jzcyn8.jpg

2eqgkys.jpg

zl6pfq.jpg

I've got a ton more I'll post later.

Guest soyabeangirl16

ohmygosh, i seriously started to cry after seeing these. its just so depressing what so many people have to go through.

that one with the kids and the guns, it makes me sick. thats just so wrong.

im definitely helping people like these when i grow up. if i can save even one life, ill feel better about taking so much for granted.