Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thaigerl

Heath Ledger Dies!

Guest bordishki

TMZ has learned that 2006 Academy Award nominee Heath Ledger has died in NY.

He was found dead in his bed in one of his residences in Soho by his housekeeper at 3:35 PM ET today. Law enforcement sources tell TMZ they believe it was not a crime, adding prescription pills were found near his body.

The 28-year-old actor has a two year old daughter with former fiancee Michelle Williams -- they separated in September, 2007. He plays The Joker in the upcoming Batman film, "The Dark Knight."

According to NYPD a masseuse arrived at Ledger's apartment and was let in by a housekeeper. When he didn't answer his bedroom door, the housekeeper and the masseuse opened it and found him unconscious. They attempted to wake him, and when they couldn't they called 911.

We're told when paramedics responded, the actor was in full cardiac arrest. They attempted to perform CPR on him, but were unsuccessful. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Ledger may be best known for his groundbreaking role as Ennis in "Brokeback Mountain."

Story developing...

CREDITS: TMZ

Go to this article at the NY TIMES

Guest sockrahtease

omfg are y'all serious. O___O damn. i thought for sure he was going to be one of the few Hollywood men who lived long.

Guest eliteninja

RIP heath ledger

he was one of my favorite actors...

Guest krims0ntwilight

noooo!! ]=

i was shocked when my sister came barging into my room telling me that she saw this on E!

& i thought she was playing a mean joke on me

i cannot believe this

R.I.P. Heath

it hasn't sunk in yet.

brad renfro just passed away; and he was a fave actor of mine. :tears:

...and now, heath ledger! i was just thinking about watching 10 things i hate about you. waaaaaaaaaaaaaah. it's gonna be hard watching Batman with him as a joker. what about his little kid?!

:tears:

Guest *MJ

wow.. this is unbelievable

& tragic

RIP =(

Guest Kilbourn

Man I was really looking forward to his role as the Joker in “The Dark Knight”. I’ll defiantly go see it now since it’s his final role. R.I.P. Heath you had a great career.

Guest daisie

Oh my God. this is just too sad.

he was such a brilliant actor.

I can't believe it! :'(

I can't believe this, he's a talented actor, I love him in brokeback mountain...this is just too sudden, I thought I made a mistake when reading the thread title... this is just too sad.

RIP :(

i was absolutely shocked when i heard this, i had no idea he was even into drugs..but then again it's hollywood.

this is really sad...and he has a daughter too! and he was so young..i didnt know he was only 28 =(

Guest Aironaz

This is so shocking and random I thought well it seemed like he was a cool happy dude man you never know what goes on beyond the scenes in hollywood RIP Heath :tears: I loved all your movies

I sincerely hope Michelle and their child are well.

I never really liked him, but it's a pity for him to die like that when his career was just starting.

Best wishes for his family and friends.

Heath Ledger was photographed in London on Saturday on the set of his latest movie, "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus." The movie, directed by Terry Gilliam, was due to be released next year.

0122_heath_ledger_inf.jpg

He was found dead today in his apartment in New York. He was 28.

Law enforcement has confirmed to TMZ prescription pills were strewn around Heath Ledger's bed.

The cops are waiting for the Medical Examiner.