Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dearskye.

Jay Chou 周杰倫

^ ahh okay, good to know, thank you very much.

because i did see one trailer, but it sounded dubbed, no accent.

and then heard another one, but this time he had an accent. xD

and yes, i wanna watch it because of him, and that I could watch him on the big screen where i live instead of on the computer or a disk. >D

jay chous songs are really good!

i almost listen all the album of him!

and my friend is sooo lucky, she went to jay's concert several weeks ago~

she said the performance is awesome!

hope that i can have a change to see him oneday><

^ omg, your friend is definitely lucky.

i would so love to see him live!

maybe he'll do a concert tour in AMERICA, i would so go... if it's close by that is. xD

_edit_

omg, saw The Green Hornet and i love it.

Seth Rogen's character, Britt, is such a hilarious guy. xD

and Jay's English is pretty good, i wonder how much he practiced and studied.

anyways, i really wanna re-watch it again now. C:

^ omg, your friend is definitely lucky.

i would so love to see him live!

maybe he'll do a concert tour in AMERICA, i would so go... if it's close by that is. xD

_edit_

omg, saw The Green Hornet and i love it.

Seth Rogen's character, Britt, is such a hilarious guy. xD

and Jay's English is pretty good, i wonder how much he practiced and studied.

anyways, i really wanna re-watch it again now. C:

It took Jay about one month to practice all of his lines since he had such a difficult and strict English teacher (: I totally agree that Jay's English was good. Though he had a cute accent, it's so adorable. Jay's English slowly improve compared when he first started.

So cool to see you in Jay's thread. Jay Chou performing LIVE was awesome.

----------------------

I never knew that there was a Jay Chou thread here. It's so awesome.

I'm also a huge fan, SUPER FAN, of Jay <3

Jay Chou 2010 World Tour was amazing. I bought the DVD cuz it reminded me sooo much of Jay's San Jose concert that I attended to...lol :]

Just giving you guys heads up:

Jay's currently filming his new movie, "Against Wars" with Nicholas Tse and Bai Bing.

And he's working on his 11th album...it is a high possibility that it will be released around May :D I cannot wait!!!!

This is a new picture of Jay, filming his new movie at Jordan: (it was postponed due to unstable middle east issues)

18-03-2011.jpg

jayagainstwar.jpg

Jay Chou releases new song & MV titled 天地一鬥" (roughly "Battle Between Heaven and Earth.")

The MV features Kobe Bryant and the proceeds for downloads of it are all being donated to impoverished schools for basketball facilities and equipment.

MV

i was one of the lucky people that got to go to his concert here in the US!! i went to the LA one and it was the first time i ever saw him!!!!!!!!! i got a vip ticket for 450$ and it was so worth it!!! ^^ i got to touch his fingers when he came down the stage!!!!!!!!!!!! i really didn't want to let go but of course i had to,lol!

man, my five year love for him and i finally got to see him!!! i'm so happy i did!!!!!!!!!

i bought the era tour dvd taiwan version and i miss him so much,lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i really wish i can go to another jay concert!! if only i had enough money i would fly to taiwan and try see him again,lol!!

sigh.... but anyway, thanx for the update on the new movie and 11th cd!!!!!!!!!!!! i cannot wait for those 2 things to happen!!!!!!!!!!!! jay's new look is so different but i like it.. ^^

and i loved him in the green hornet!!! cannot wait to buy it on dvd when it comes out! i hope they have him in special features!~

Please vote Jay for the Most Influential person. Now...He's in second place as he come after Bi/Rain.

Here's the link:

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/completelist/0,29569,2058044,00.html

The vote will close next week on April 14. Vote quickly. And please spread this news to anyone who likes Jay!!!!!!!

SUPPORT JAY <3

--------------------

may_t: You're so LUCKY!! I got to stay so far from Jay when he came down the stage!!

hahaha.

Hi. I'm new around here, but I have been a fan of Jay Chou since 2006! I was watching Jet li's Fearless, and Jay's song played at the end credit. It sounded like nothing I have ever heard of before, so cool and different, then I searched for the song on Youtube. Been a fan ever since :P

EDIT: Some new articles on Jay Chou

Jay Chou closing in on Rain in "TIME" 100 Influential People

Jay Chou talks about his movie plans: will choose commercial movies over artistic movies

i was one of the lucky people that got to go to his concert here in the US!! i went to the LA one and it was the first time i ever saw him!!!!!!!!! i got a vip ticket for 450$ and it was so worth it!!! ^^ i got to touch his fingers when he came down the stage!!!!!!!!!!!! i really didn't want to let go but of course i had to,lol!

man, my five year love for him and i finally got to see him!!! i'm so happy i did!!!!!!!!!

i bought the era tour dvd taiwan version and i miss him so much,lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i really wish i can go to another jay concert!! if only i had enough money i would fly to taiwan and try see him again,lol!!

sigh.... but anyway, thanx for the update on the new movie and 11th cd!!!!!!!!!!!! i cannot wait for those 2 things to happen!!!!!!!!!!!! jay's new look is so different but i like it.. ^^

and i loved him in the green hornet!!! cannot wait to buy it on dvd when it comes out! i hope they have him in special features!~

I went to his concert in Shanghai, China, it was pretty good, although my seating wasn't too good, barely can see him:sweatingbullets: ... well, at least I went to his concert (my first Jay Chou concert).

may_t: You're so LUCKY!! I got to stay so far from Jay when he came down the stage!!

hahaha.

I went to his concert in Shanghai, China, it was pretty good, although my seating wasn't too good, barely can see him:sweatingbullets: ... well, at least I went to his concert (my first Jay Chou concert).

lol, next time u guys should get the vip tixs.. they are so worth it!! ^^

but at least you guys went because he is so awesome live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

probably won't be for awhile but i'll be waiting for the next concert!!!~

Congratulations to Jay and all the other artists! He won 3 awards at the Hit Fm Awards^^

Best new artist gold award: Hebe Tien

Most popular artist: Han Geng

Best stage performer: ELVA

Most popular group: SJ-M

Best group: S.H.E

Most popular female artist: Jolin Tsai

Most popular male artist: Jay Chou

Best all-round artist: Show LuoBest composer: Leehom Wang

Best lyricist: Wu Tsing-Fong

Best producer: JJ Lin

Best male artist: Leehom Wang

Best female artist: Fish Leong

Best Chinese album: Jay Chou’s “The Era”

Most exceptional Chinese music artist in the WORLD*: Jay Chou

Credits to Cpopaccess

EDIT: Actually jay won more than 3 awards, he was one of the biggest winners at the award show

READ ARTICLE HERE

Jay Chou plans to open restaurant in China   

Multi-talented Asian superstar Jay Chou is not only a singer, an actor  and a director, he is also a boss. The man owns Mr. J, a chain of  restaurants, in Taiwan.

Jay, who owns three Mr. J stores in Taipei, has always been keen to  expand the business to China. The singer reportedly sent the  restaurant's general manager Zeng Xian Yun to China to study the market  previously and had "fallen in love" with Chengdu. Jay is said to have  made preliminary agreements with his partners.

It is believed that Jay plans to open Mr. J in Chengdu in the second  half of this year. The restaurant decor will mimic that of the flagship  shop in Taipei, mixing fashion with Chinese elements.

The name of the restaurant and meals will be tailored accordingly to  local geographical features, or Jay's songs. At the same time, it will  also maintain Mr J's combination of "good food and music".

In other related reports, Jay and good friend and dancer Xue Gao will  also open a branch of their dance studio Asia Dance Way in Chengdu this  July.

The dance studio does not only accept talented dancers, but also actors, singers, make-up artistes and stylists. It is believed that Jay has  plans of searching for new talents via the new studio.

Source: XINMSN            

Credit to Hypnoticasia

Jay Chou: new album preparations almost complete

Yesterday Jay Chou was a guest on Hunan TV's "Adult Ceremony", not only did he sing with students but also gave t-shirts with his face printed on as presents to the students as an act of encouragement. "Director Chou" sighed on the show saying "I'm old, I run out of breath singing a few songs".

Yesterday, Jay Chou shared a story about himself when he was 18 with fans on the show. "When I was 18 I was still a student and just graduated, I didn't get into university so I wrote songs." Jay Chou couldn't help but sigh, "Fortunately, I learnt piano at that time." "Later I took part in a competition, my singing wasn't very good so I got someone else to sing. Afterwards I got second place." Having won second place, Jay Chou felt a bit mixed up, what should he do with second place? Should he continue onto university? Luckily Jacky Wu hired him to write songs, that's how Jay Chou came to be. Even though "Director Chou" has always been seen as an idol for youngsters, but on the show he sighed about his over 30 age: "Now I'm old, I can't jump, so I put all the fast songs at the end of my concert because I run out of breath after a few songs." But Jay Chou still refused to give in, "Having the heart of a youngster is very important, as long as you maintain a young attitude, you'll still be young at 38 or 48".

Not only did he have a concert this year, Jay Chou also filmed the movie "The Green Hornet" in Hollywood, this has caused many fans to surmise that Jay Chou will be placing his focus on the movie side of things in the future. Talking about the topic of movies, he couldn't help but sigh: "Filming in Hollywood is ok. But their films take 1 to 2 years to film, the time for "The Green Hornet" was ok. I hear the sequel won't be filmed until later." On the show Jay Chou says right now he is preparing to work with Nicholas Tse on the movie "Against War", "It's very fun". But to filming movies, Jay Chou is still a bit "timid": "I myself like filming MVs more, it doesn't take up as much time."

Talking about MVs, a lot of fans have stated that Jay Chou's speed at releasing albums is nothing like before, even though there aren't many artists who sell so many records now, but Jay Chou still has the ability, but it's already been over a year since the album for "Superman Can't Fly", there's still no sign of Jay Chou's new album, this has made fans a bit worried. Yesterday Jay Chou responded with confidence to this question: "The new album preparations are almost complete."

Source: Sina

I can't wait for his new album!

Director Chou takes on Japan, 8 million yuan for fans meeting in June

In January this year Jay Chou established his official Japanese website, responding to Japanese fans' requests, he's already put out his schedule, on the 26th and 28th of June he will be at the Tokyo International Forum and Sankei Hall Breeze in Osaka holding his first fans meeting with Japanese fans.

Due to the fact both venues can only hold about 1500 and 900 people respectively, thus they are deciding who gets in with lots drawn at the official website, each ticket will cost 9500 yen, they will earn close to 8 million yuan for the two combined.

Director Chou has been out for 10 years, he's been to Japan to promote many times, he also once held a concert at Tokyo's Budoukan, he's gathered a lot of Japanese fans, but only just January this year he has established his official Japanese website (http://jaychou.asia/...al_shower.asp). A few days ago he expressed his concern for the 311 earthquake in Japan and made a low profile unspecified donation. For his first fans meeting with Japanese fans, he's followed the same method as other artists in Japan with collecting tickets, as to whether it will be combined with fund raising? JVR stated the details are still being planned.

Source: Apple Daily

Bai Bing joins Jay Chou and Nicholas Tse in "The Viral Factor"

GZ Daily: We hear you are about to join Jay Chou and Nicholas Tse in the movie "The Viral Factor"? What kind of role is it?

Bai Bing: Yes, it's been decided already, the role is a well trained international policewoman, the role can be considered the leading female, I'll mainly be in scenes with Jay Chou. This character is proficient in many types of guns, so right now I'm working hard practising shooting, loading and unloading guns.

GZ Daily: What's your relationship with Nicholas Tse and Jay Chou?

Bai Bing: I can't reveal too much, but most of my parts are with Jay Chou, he's also a policeman, we are not just colleagues, there's some love scenes. Not long ago I've already started chatting to him, he's really nice, with just a pack of cards he can do magic for an hour, he can create an atmosphere.

GZ Daily: Such a role attracts a lot of actresses to fight over, how did you get chosen?

Bai Bing: It was through the company. After the company recommended me, we flew to Hong Kong to discuss it with the director, the director said he'd seen me in "The Myth", I stated my stance to the director, I'm not afraid of hard work, just afraid of not doing a good job. Perhaps it was this attitude that made the director consider me.

GZ Daily: There must have been some people who suspected your background to get "The Viral Factor"?

Bai Bing: Actually I've gotten tired of reading this. This year I've taken on a lot of films, a lot of which are not funded by the company, previously I've been in "Shaolin" as the second female role, even though it was our company's movie, but at the end all my parts were cut, if I had a background would this happen?

Source: GZ Daily

2011 MTV Movie Awards: Jay Chou nominated

The 20th MTV Movie Awards nominations were announce on Tuesday US Pacific time. Jay Chou was nominated for Best Breakout Star for his role in "The Green Hornet".

This year's MTV Movie Awards will be held on the 5th of June.

To vote: http://www.mtv.com/ontv/movieawards/2011/best-breakout-star/

Source: QQ

If Jay loses I won't mind, because its not really a prestigious award, but good luck anyways!

Jay Chou nominated in 2011 MTV Movie Awards for 'Best Breakout Star'

Following his role as Kato in ‘The Green Hornet’, Taiwanese superstar Jay Chou has been nominated in the upcoming 2011 MTV Movie Awards, for ‘Best Breakout Star’. Other nominees include Andrew Garfield (The Social Network), Chloë Grace Moretz (Kick-richard simmons ), Hailee Steinfeld (True Grit), Olivia Wilde (TRON: Legacy) and Xavier Samuel (The Twilight Saga: Eclipse).

At 32, Jay Chou is the oldest amongst all the nominees, and the most inexperienced actor in Hollywood. However his performance in the film has gained praise from audiences around the world. Media reporters predict that Jay Chou and Andrew Garfield have the biggest chance of winning the award, as both delivered outstanding performances in their respective films.

The 2011 MTV Movie Awards will be held on June 5th, and will be hosted by ‘Saturday Night Live’ comedian Jason Sudeikis. ‘The Twilight Saga: Eclipse’ earned the most nominations with 8 nominations, followed by ‘Inception’ with 7 nominations, ‘Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1’ with 6 nominations and ‘Black Swan’ and ‘The Social Network’ have all been nominated under ‘Best Film’

Source: Chinatimes

Credit to CpopAccess

I'm rooting for Jay all the way!

^^ wow, i just watched 'the green hornet' just in time then. today. haha.

although the movie itself wasn't thaaaaat good, i do admire Jay's effort.

i think it will be good if he wins so his name can get out there more in hollywood.

but regardless, he's still super duper awesome.

we love you Jay!!! at least i super duper do! :)

i myself would love to see more of Jay in usa works.

^^ wow, i just watched 'the green hornet' just in time then. today. haha.

although the movie itself wasn't thaaaaat good, i do admire Jay's effort.

i think it will be good if he wins so his name can get out there more in hollywood.

but regardless, he's still super duper awesome.

we love you Jay!!! at least i super duper do! :)

i myself would love to see more of Jay in usa works.

The Green Hornet was pretty funny I enjoyed it. I think Jay is only going to work in movies in America. He hasn't expressed any interest in releasing music in America. Either way I support him nonetheless! There's also a chance that there will a sequel to Green Hornet!

Yes, sequel please! I really love his character, Kato, in Green Hornet... So cool and so liked Jay Chou himself, a multi- talented guy :wub:

Btw, Jay Chou is in Kuala Lumpur now, shooting for his upcoming movie, Viral Factor. Here's some pictures:

299836068.jpg

299837442.jpg

301429282.jpg

301429654.jpg

301428068.jpg

302946689.jpg

Credit: as tagged & Twitter@JayChouFansId

Still not used to his new look in Viral Factor :huh: