Singaporeans, Let's Come Tok Kok!

charzzy

calling all Singaporean soompiers
HELLOOOOO FELLOW SINGAPOREANS.

My name is CHARMAINE, 18 this year and am obviously from Singapore!

I'm an accounting student!!

Let's introduce ourselves and get to know our fellow Singaporeans better!! :P

FINALLY, A THREAD WHERE WE CAN SPEAK SINGLISH FREELY~!!!!

Let's Come Tok Kok!!!

--- What is Tok Kok??

Tok kok comes from the words we locals use, "Talking richard simmons", which also means to talk nonsense.

We can talk about many many different things, from looking for the best bak kut teh in town or the hottest sales, the latest craze or gig, various stars visiting our sunny island and also to ugly commuters who dig their nose on trains etc etc.. Just have fun and chill out lah ok? Since most of us(ok me) visit forums just to past time or whatever!

So have fun my dear fellow singaporeans!! :P

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WAHAHHA., LET ME BE THE SECONDDD -or rather FIRST to reply to this thread!! XD!!

Hi everyone!

i'm xing, who refused to admit she's 19 this year

because she just turned 18 two months ago MUAHAH!

i'm from NYP!

i love

BIG BANGGGGGG (G-dragon, TOP, Seungri, Daesung, Taeyang...)

^WTHECK. ALL MAN LOLLL

Super Junior (HEECHUL, Sungmin, Leeteuk)

Dong Bang Shin Ki (Jaejoong, Changmin)

JAYYY CHOUUUUU

___

about the recycling thing.. nope, i don't use those bags~~ i feel it's kinda troublesome =\ ..

but i also have a habit of not asking for plastic bags when i buy an item or two, cos i can stuff into my bag!

hahahha!

Yay for a SINGAPORE THREAD FINALLLY!

^ omg i cant believe i actually left out darling jay chou. LOL. *edits first post lalala*

you just turned 18 2 months ago whereas i just turned 18 9 days ago!! hahaha so you're like just 1 month older than me :P UNNIE hahahhaa :P

--

yup those bags are kinda troublesome. i've tried to pester my mum to get one or 2 of those recycling bags since we always go grocery shopping at supermarkets but she is kinda reluctant to so i gave up :x

seriously, having too many of those plastic bags arent good either.

and ikea, anyone noticed their plastic bags are bio degradable? but they do not provide free bags now :sweatingbullets:

--

OMG i can't believe im actually on the topic on PLASTIC BAGS. OH GAWD.

ok ft island is gonna visit our neighbouring country soon, anyone going? hahahahahhahahaha OMG im being random again :x

more people post plz so we'll have more things to talk about :P

anyone living near tanah merah ????? :D

Guest anne&top

haha. me too. i dont ask for plastic bags;

i just stuffed my bought items in my backpack. :lol:

i love Big Bang, CSJH & KARA <3

i really hope hmv will start selling BB's and Kara's cds.

the last time i checked;

they only had artists from Sm Town, Younha, Wheesung etc.

i asked the salesgirl for BB's;

and she said their cds are not on sales yet. -_-

then she asked me if im looking for Suju's 2nd album,

i said no.

even though i answered that she told me that its already sold out. LOL.

she's being random. -_-

then i asked her if they are planning to sell BB's albums any soon;

and she said she's not sure.

okay. now im being random. :blush:

Guest innocia

Yayyyy finally this section is becoming more active and lively!

I use recycling bags too, but my parents don't >;[. SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT! Its damn sad la, the climate is changing rapidly because of global warming. I heard sakura flowers, which used to come out only in April, is now blooming in February? And did anyone notice that actually January is still cold instead of becoming warmer? *rambles on and on about the environment*

Anyway! My name is Grace and I'm 16 (well almost). charzzy, I don't live in Tanah Merah but my school is near there. Well, its near the MRT station I mean. Easy to guess right ;].

Music stores in Singapore sucks. They don't stock much Japanese and Korean albums. The only way to get them is through online, since Mise sells them at a ridiculously high price and I'm never ever going to buy from them again >;p. Ahhhhh my F.T Island Repackaged Album and Wonder Girls album.. *sighs*

Anyone knows where's the best place to go shopping for clothes and shoes? (Reasonable price + good quality) I NEED CNY CLOTHES! I tried to tackle Orchard on Saturday and ohmyyyy.. the crowd is horrible. Taka and Far East were like madhouses lah, so many people :wacko:

Guest anne&top

i know what you mean!!

i want to buy albums through yessasia (sp?);

but i dont have paypal. T.T

Singapore is making improvements over selling korean dramas;

i think its about time they do the same for albums too. :wacko:

haha. ya. the weather have been crazy.

raining, sunny, raining raining raining raining. LOL.

but it is sunny lately.

which is good.

try bugis street?

i think its better for you NOT to shop on weekends.

the human traffic is crazy! :crazy::wacko:

not just for bugis, but EVERYWHERE!! :lol:

btw,

im anne. :)

charzzy, LOL one month older than you huhh, and i became UNNI OMGOSHH hahahha!

am i the oldest here so far??? *waits for jace to come over HEEE! *runs away* :D

arghhh . someone please tell YG to import stuffs into SINGAPOREE . GRR.

i don't stay anywhere near tanah merah.

i stay near Harbourfront -___________-;;;

innocia, ahh.. orchard area should be the best already i think? haha! i didn't do any shopping outside cos i got lazy and yeah the crowd simply sucks.. so i did online shopping instead @_@~

:o thanks ar xingg... :tongue2:

woots!! my turn!!

hello, *offers handshake* my name is jacelyn and im living in Yishun currently. am 19, having celebrated my birthday 2 months ago. now slacking away till feb when i have to pack my bags and leave my hometown in search of better pastures out there... :tears::tears:

ANYWAYS

i like:

DBSK (Oh..JAEJOONG!!)

WaT (Teppei Teppei Teppei!!)

Gackt Camui

SuperJunior

Jay Chou

JJ Lin

Nicky Lee JiuZe (his voice is seriously sexxy)

i am apparently a *translate* flower eater cos i dont really pay much attention to female singers...

Yeshh!!! save the environment! try to recycle as much um, recycleable stuff as possible cos every bit counts!! dump them into the big, blue recycling bins!!

yay!! finally our own space for Singaporeans to chat!!

now to wait for estaa & deppstar so that i wont be the oldest anymore... :vicx: *runs off too*

innocia: school near tanah merah? the only schools i can think of is bedok view, bedok south and anglican high.. or maybe st anthonys(LOL my ex-school)..? XD

jjh_shin: YO MAN you can actually use credit cards to purchase albums from yesasia, not necessarily paypal! go bug your parents or aunties or whoever to lend you their credit card lah!! :P

xingg: yeah why not just ask YG to bring his whole crew to singapore!! then we all can get to touch 1tym se7en BIG BANG jinusean OMG TOUCH TOUCH TOUCH NON STOP AHHH I DONT WANT THE MERCHANDISE ANYMORE I WANT THEIR PERSONS NOWWWW XD

jace: dont worry im also super hua chi!!! my friend once asked me "eh how come your idols all male one." *looks around* LOL and lee jiu ze, waaaah i have this song he sang in korean, his voice is seriously mad sexy. oh well afterall he's still korean. LOL.

ok just watched news, singapore and russia are the last 2 countries who got into the final list for the olympic youth thingy, hahahah how many of you think that singapore will get to become the host country??????

*looks around*

Guest stupidfactory

I'm Theresa! 15 this year (oh my gah, Os! T.T)

Living in Pasir Panjang.

<3

TVXQ

Big Bang

FT Island

SNSD.

This is sicccck. FT's visiting Msia. Why no SG???????? T.T

Guest ohmylamb.

I'll introduce myself later because I've no time - I'm researching about Korean culture. :w00t:

I always use plastic bags.

And not those canvas bags from Cold Storage//NTUC Fairprice.

But I do re-use the plastic bags.

As in, the plastic bags can be used to collect rubbish and stuffs.

Those very nice ones (like from Comics Connection & John Little) I'll keep them. :sweatingbullets:

stupidfactory Yee Lin said you're an IT expert and I can see that from your photoshop works :D

they think not many singaporeans interested in k-pop...so come here waste their time and money?? sososo sad...

oh haha...anyone interested in going to novena to shop?? im heading there this friday to go shoppingggg!!! go raid the korean clothes store upstairs... but not cheap not cheap...

they think not many singaporeans interested in k-pop...so come here waste their time and money?? sososo sad...

oh haha...anyone interested in going to novena to shop?? im heading there this friday to go shoppingggg!!! go raid the korean clothes store upstairs... but not cheap not cheap...

but are those clothes made in china or korea? hahaha. a pity me cant go there shop. sizes all too small :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

eh but nowadays there are quite a number of dbsk fans eh!! even my cousin has friends who are crazy over dbsk.! dbsk is super popular lah.

Well, we can "thank" our national airwaves for that impression . . how often do our radio station play kpop. :fury:

but are those clothes made in china or korea? hahaha. a pity me cant go there shop. sizes all too small :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

eh but nowadays there are quite a number of dbsk fans eh!! even my cousin has friends who are crazy over dbsk.! dbsk is super popular lah.

just checked 1 shirt i bought from there, it says 'MADE IN KOREA'. the korean shopowner did tell me that they were imported from Korea too... *recalls seeing DBSK & Rain & Joo JiHoon posters, and cups!!*

DBSK is probably 1 of the more popular ones around cos i remember last time there were tons of tv commercials on them during their 1st album...

Well, we can "thank" our national airwaves for that impression . . how often do our radio station play kpop. :fury:

i think best is if they have a radio station specially for music from other countries... korean...japanese...even european ones.... i will be happy!!!

just checked 1 shirt i bought from there, it says 'MADE IN KOREA'. the korean shopowner did tell me that they were imported from Korea too... *recalls seeing DBSK & Rain & Joo JiHoon posters, and cups!!*

DBSK is probably 1 of the more popular ones around cos i remember last time there were tons of tv commercials on them during their 1st album...

OMG posters and cups. LOL. i remember seeing kwon sang woo and bae yongjun's faces on socks when i visited korea like 3 years ago O_O

it was :crazy:

Hello. I'm not a singaporean.

But I do stay in Singapore. :D

I'm Hilary. Studying in Singapore American School.

yoyo welcome to this thread. where are you from then since you're not a singaporean? :D

do you like singapore? muahahaha.

i'm charmaine!! nice to meet you hilary. :P

Guest xiaohero

woots~finally a singapore thread for all of us to spazz !

but the thread's moving so fast that i cant catch up.

uhhhhh so okay i'll give some intro !

im xiaohero on most forums and my name's chinwen((:

hmmm so i shld be 17 this year,but it's not my bday yet,so i'm still 16 ! hahahas.

and obviously from my nick,i love JaeJoong the most!hahaas and i love spazzing about him all day ><

and the rest of my fave artistes are written below.hmmmm i dun really have a fave female artiste except for Elva hsiao and Avril ><

ehhh i just got warned for having a huge siggy T_T

my bad for not reading the rules.soooo anyone knows how to get rid of that 20% warn thingy?or is it gonna stay there like foreverrrr O.o?

oh you guys talking about sm?gosh i hate them for not bringing their korean artistes over to sg !

wish i can go to KL to see FT Island and SuJu <33333333

Archived