[drama 2008] The Last Scandal Of My Life 내생애 마지막 스&

koalabear

Guest RisingSun96815

Here are some questions I have about this excellent mini-series:

1) Whose bank books are in the box that Dong-cheol gives Seon-hee when he proposes marriage to her? Are they her debts or his bank books?

2) What specific scandal is the last scandal, and whose life, Jae-bin's or Seon-hee's? My interpretation is that the last scandal is the wedding, and "my" life is Jae-bin's life. The wedding is the last scandal of Jae-bin's life. But in the very first scene of the first episode we see Seon-hee as Cinderella saying "this will be the last scandal of my life." So I'm not sure if the title refers to both of them, or just Jae-bin.

3) If this isn't the best mini-series from any country you have ever seen, what is? This is my favorite of all time. Shogun used to be my favorite, but this is tops. I guess with the death of the lead actress it takes on metaphysical proportions, but even if CJS hadn't died, it still would be a powerful story.

RIP CJS

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Whose bank books are in the box that Dong-cheol gives Seon-hee when he proposes marriage to her? Are they her debts or his bank books?

RIP CJS

I only can answer no. 1. It's Jae Bin's bank books (all of his assets for his wife (SH) to take care).

Guest RisingSun96815

I only can answer no. 1. It's Jae Bin's bank books (all of his assets for his wife (SH) to take care).

Why would he give all his assets to someone who has had so many financial difficulties? I realize that Seon-hee's husband was the root cause of her financial problems, but clearly Seon-hee isn't good with money, and Jae-bin says in an earlier episode that money is her weakness. I don't understand why he would do that, other than to fulfill every ajumma's dream in the TV audience of receiving a box full of money. :lol:

2) What specific scandal is the last scandal, and whose life, Jae-bin's or Seon-hee's? My interpretation is that the last scandal is the wedding, and "my" life is Jae-bin's life. The wedding is the last scandal of Jae-bin's life. But in the very first scene of the first episode we see Seon-hee as Cinderella saying "this will be the last scandal of my life." So I'm not sure if the title refers to both of them, or just Jae-bin.

3) If this isn't the best mini-series from any country you have ever seen, what is? This is my favorite of all time. Shogun used to be my favorite, but this is tops. I guess with the death of the lead actress it takes on metaphysical proportions, but even if CJS hadn't died, it still would be a powerful story.

RIP CJS

I can answer the last 2 questions...

on Question 2 on what or whose Last Scandal was it...it can be both Sunhee's or Jae-bin's life, since Sunhee's life revolves around a typical housewife, where her in-laws didn't really like her and her husband eventually cheats on her so she wanted to prove that she could move on and makes a promise that it will be the Last Scandal of her life, as for Jae-bin's he's a top star, surrounded with money but there's a secret that was yet to be known that he had a son that he didn't knew about and that he met his first love, which was Sunhee and it really became like what you said, Sunhee might be the Last Scandal in his life...which I personally think was a very sweet scandal...the original title of this drama was My Life's Last Romance, maybe it would've been different if this one was used too, that Jaebin and Sunhee was each other's first and last romance

on Question 3...best miniseries may differ on one's own perspective, and I have seen lots of K-dramas that even for me it's hard to tell which is the best but what is important is how I liked this drama, and somehow made me smile while I was watching it since this was the first drama of 2008 that I've seen that I enjoyed too...

Why would he give all his assets to someone who has had so many financial difficulties? I realize that Seon-hee's husband was the root cause of her financial problems, but clearly Seon-hee isn't good with money, and Jae-bin says in an earlier episode that money is her weakness. I don't understand why he would do that, other than to fulfill every ajumma's dream in the TV audience of receiving a box full of money. :lol:

Well.. I guess, he wants to show Seon-hee that he trusted her and let her handle the financial matter (you know.. the wife handles the financial, and the husband brings home the bacon :lol: ).

Guest gingerbread

1a) Whose bank books are in the box that Dong-cheol gives Seon-hee when he proposes marriage to her? Are they her debts or his bank books?

1b) Why would he give all his assets to someone who has had so many financial difficulties? I realize that Seon-hee's husband was the root cause of her financial problems, but clearly Seon-hee isn't good with money, and Jae-bin says in an earlier episode that money is her weakness. I don't understand why he would do that, other than to fulfill every ajumma's dream in the TV audience of receiving a box full of money. :lol:

RIP CJS

Annyeonghaseyo RisingSun-ssi, here's my attempt to your questions :sweatingbullets: . I broke up your question 1 into two parts for easy reading :) .

1a) According to DC and answered by saguer-ssi, those are his bank books.

1b) As you mentioned yourself, SH was not the cause of her dire financial woes. Her jerk ex-husband was the one. The only fault that SH had was trusting him blindly which resulted in her being caught in a dire financial situation. This is a totally different issue with having poor money management. On the contrary, given not much monetary support from her useless ex-husband, SH was still able to pay grocery & utilities bills, her daughter's school fees & allowances and not forgetting giving that money-grabber mum-in-law money whenever she demanded for it. This goes to show that she is rather good with her finances. What is required though is to remove all these heartless money-grabbers from her and she will be a dependable financial controller B).

As for JB when he said she has a weakness for money, I really don't think he meant what he meant. Otherwise, it just didnt make any sense for him to give her his all. Personally, i think it was more of a tease. Most importantly, JB understands that SH didnt love money, rather, she needed them becos she needed to bail her jerk husband out of his debts <_< .

2) We need to first understand the meaning of 'scandal' before attempting your question. According to wikipedia, "a scandal is a widely publicized incident that involves allegations of wrongdoing, disgrace, or moral outrage. A scandal may be based on reality, the product of false allegations, or a mixture of both." As such, 3 scandals came to my mind; JB's lying about his age, JB having illegitimate son and JB's love is a divorcee with a kid. However, the first two scandals were revealed together earlier during the presscon, whereas the third scandal was shown later in a scene, where reporters were crowding outside SH's rooftop house, in search of Jaebin's mysterious woman and her identity. Hence, I would presume that the LAST scandal headline would be "Jaebin, Korea's no.1 most eligible bachelor, is in love with a divorcee who has a kid". If this is so, the title could possibily be for both. :rolleyes:

Guest RisingSun96815

2) We need to first understand the meaning of 'scandal' before attempting your question. According to wikipedia, "a scandal is a widely publicized incident that involves allegations of wrongdoing, disgrace, or moral outrage. A scandal may be based on reality, the product of false allegations, or a mixture of both." As such, 3 scandals came to my mind; JB's lying about his age, JB having illegitimate son and JB's love is a divorcee with a kid. However, the first two scandals were revealed together earlier during the presscon, whereas the third scandal was shown later in a scene, where reporters were crowding outside SH's rooftop house, in search of Jaebin's mysterious woman and her identity. Hence, I would presume that the LAST scandal headline would be "Jaebin, Korea's no.1 most eligible bachelor, is in love with a divorcee who has a kid". If this is so, the title could possibily be for both. :rolleyes:

Yes, I know the English definition; according to it, your interpretation seems very plausible. I'm not sure if the Korean definition is exactly the same. Anyway, in episode 16 at the end of the wedding, one of JB's managers is reading Internet news on a laptop, and he seems to say the headlines are saying that the wedding is JB's last scandal. That's why my interpretation of the mini-series' title is JB's wedding is the last scandal. The relevant scene is at the end of this video: http://www.mysoju.com/last-scandal/episode-16/part-4/

Guest gingerbread

Yes, I know the English definition; according to it, your interpretation seems very plausible. I'm not sure if the Korean definition is exactly the same. Anyway, in episode 16 at the end of the wedding, one of JB's managers is reading Internet news on a laptop, and he seems to say the headlines are saying that the wedding is JB's last scandal. That's why my interpretation of the mini-series' title is JB's wedding is the last scandal. The relevant scene is at the end of this video: http://www.mysoju.com/last-scandal/episode-16/part-4/

Hmm, I relooked the clip which you posted but it didnt seem to me that JB mgrs were "saying" the wedding is JB's last scandal? The reason why i quoted the scandal definition was becos i wanted to be sure that the word 'scandal' is not supposed to be something good as i had understood. Hence, i cross out the wedding option as it is a happy news and nothing immoral or wrong abt it. Whereas i understand that the koreans, esp the older generation, still hold a very conservation view on divorce. In the case of woman divorcee with child, she's often subjected to social opprobrium (as shown in some kdramas, like 'Be strong, Geum Soon' and even the late CJS mentioned it herself in one of her interviews). Nevertheless, if the wedding is really the 'last scandal', the headline would probably be 'JB surprises fans with a wedding to a divorcee who happens to be his first love'. :D

Komawayo, for the mind-boggling :wacko: questions, there's really no right and wrong. It's all up to how the viewer wants to interpret the drama. It's just my own interpretation :D. Then again, on second thoughts, the title 'The last scandal of my life' may not be a particular event/scene. Rather, it could simply be referring to JB & SH being the last scandal in each other's life. Woohoo, good excuse for me to re-watch the whole drama. :w00t:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kdramafanusa

*** 2008 MBC Drama Awards Nominee List ***

DAESANG / GRAND PRIZE (대상)

chosen from Top Excellence Award nominees

TOP EXCELLENCE AWARD (최우수상)

Actor 남자:

Kim Myung-Min 김명민 (Beethoven Virus)

Song Seung-Heon 송승헌 (East Of Eden)

Jung Joon-Ho 정준호 (Last Scandal)

Jo Jae-Hyun 조재현 (New Heart)

Actress 여자:

Kim Sun-Ah 김선아 (Every Night / Night After Night)

Bae Jong-Ok 배종옥 (Heavenly Beauty, Park Jung-Geum)

Lee Mi-Sook 이미숙 (East Of Eden)

Choi Jin-Shil 최진실 (Last Scandal)

EXCELLENCE AWARD (우수상)

Actor 남자:

Lee Dong-Gun 이동건 (Every Night / Night After Night)

Jo Min-Ki 조민기 (East Of Eden)

Ji Sung 지성 (New Heart)

Cha Tae-Hyun 차태현 (General Hospital 2)

Actress 여자:

Moon So-Ri 문소리 (Golden Age Of My Life)

Lee Da-Hae 이다해 (East Of Eden)

Lee Ji-Ah 이지아 (Beethoven Virus)

Han Ji-Hye 한지혜 (East Of Eden)

NEWCOMER AWARD (신인상)

Actor 남자:

Park Hae-Jin 박해진 (East Of Eden)

Shin Sung-Rok 신성록 (Golden Age Of My Life)

Yoon Sang-Hyun 윤상현 (The Secret Of Coocoo Island)

Jang Geun-Seok 장근석 (Beethoven Virus)

Actress 여자:

Ara 아라 (Who Are You?)

Lee So-Yeon 이소연 (Golden Age Of My Life)

Lee Yeon-Hee 이연희 (East Of Eden)

Hyun Jyu-Ni 현쥬니 (Beethoven Virus)

NETIZEN AWARDS

POPULARITY AWARD (인기상)

Actor 남자:

Kim Myung-Min 김명민

Song Seung-Heon 송승헌

Lee Dong-Gun 이동건

Jang Geun-Seok 장근석

Ji Sung 지성

Cha Tae-Hyun 차태현

Actress 여자:

Kim Min-Jung 김민정

Kim Sun-Ah 김선아

Kim Jung-Eun 김정은

Son Ye-Jin 손예진

Lee Yeon-Hee 이연희

Lee Ji-Ah 이지아

BEST COUPLE AWARD (베스트 커플상)

Song Seung-Heon & Lee Yeon-Hee 『송승헌·이연희』

Kim Myung-Min & Lee Ji-Ah『김명민·이지아』

Choi Jin-Shil & Jung Joon-Ho『최진실·정준호』

Lee Dong-Wook & Oh Yeon-Soo『이동욱·오연수』

Ji Sung & Kim Min-Jung『지성·김민정』

Kim Sun-Ah & Lee Dong-Gun『김선아·이동건』

DRAMA AWARD (올해 드라마상)

New Heart『뉴하트』

Last Scandal『내 생애 마지막 스캔들』

Beethoven Virus『베토벤 바이러스』

East Of Eden『에덴의 동쪽』

20081215113408601.jpg

2008121511204109873_1.jpg

Top Excellence Nominees

Male: Kim Myung-Min, Song Seung-Heon, Jung Joon-Ho, Jo Jae-Hyun

Female: Kim Sun-Ah, Lee Mi-Sook, Choi Jin-Shil, Bae Jong-Ok

1229308514781_2.jpg

Source: Newsen | PD Journal |

SSI_20081215125820_V.jpg

http://nownews.seoul.co.kr/news/newsView.p...=20081215603005

20081215160214600.jpg

http://media.daum.net/entertain/broadcast/...10178&p=akn

1_L_1229325696.jpg

http://artsnews.media.paran.com/news/10630

20081215152210263.jpg

http://ent.jknews.co.kr/article/news/20081215/5543979.htm

20081215155710.jpg

http://web.reviewstar.net/web_200806/view....3&code=1010

Award Ceremony will be held on December 30th.

Guest RisingSun96815

Good luck to CJS and JJH and Last Scandal on their nominations. I'm curious to know, what specifically are the "Netizen awards"?

got any link for download the whole episode with english sub? because i fount vietnam sub only T-T and i don't want watch online

If you don't want to watch online then you have to download RAW first then download the subtitles by WithS2 at- http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_61403_0.htm

Good luck to CJS and JJH and Last Scandal on their nominations. I'm curious to know, what specifically are the "Netizen awards"?

The award name (POPULARITY AWARD) says it all. Neitzens vote for them, so the most votes wins. Oversea fans can also vote if you have an iMBC account. Sometimes the award has more than 1 winner.

For more information on how to participate in voting, kdramafanusa explained it on the first post- http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=262351

i root for our LS couple to win some awards here, they really deserve it, i mean not only because its a great tribute to our beloved CJS but they really deserve it, i believe LS was one of the most outstanding drama's of 2008. :) it was a very complete package of everything wrapped up together, drama, romance and comedy with the perfect team-up of CJS and JJH. :) Let's pray for LS! :D

Archived