Guest White Star

Adorable actress in Hyena, Before and After Plastic Surgery

So Yi Hyun - 소이현

photopeople10186108342lde8.jpg

Name: 소이현 / So Yi Hyun (So Lee Hyeon)

Profession: Actress and Model

Birthdate: 1984-Aug-28

Birthplace: South Korea

Education: Suwon University (Acting major)

Height: 169cm

Weight: 49kg

Blood type: A

TV Series

Before and After Plastic Surgery (MBC, 2008)

Hyena (2006)

Special Crime Investigation (KBS2, 2006)

Resurrection (KBS2, 2005)

MBC Best Theater Ep.569 우리가 쏜 화살은 어디로 갔을까 (MBC, 2004-02-20)

Music Bank (KBS2, 2004) as MC

April Kiss (KBS2, 2004)

Punch (SBS, 2003)

Fairy and Swindler (SBS, 2003)

Yellow Handkerchief (KBS1, 2003)

Movies

The Restless

Midair (2005)

Father and Son : The Story of Mencius (2004)

External Links

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/So_Yi_Hyun

Website (www.so2hyun.wo.to) (http://www.so2hyun.wo.to/)

Profile (empas) (http://people.empas.com/people/info/so/yi/soyihyun/)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for starting a thread for her White Star!...I remember her as Congressman Lee's Reporter daughter in the drama Resurrection...I liked her role there..looking forward to see her in more productions...btw, she is also known to be a look-a-like of actress Choi Ji-woo, I agree that they resemble each other

Guest shorty_babygurl03

finally a thead for so yi hyun! i noticed her at the drama april kiss. i like her look. by the way she was the leading actress in HYENA with oh man suk. its a comedy series. she was also in the movie the restless with actress kim tae hee.

Guest White Star

finally a thead for so yi hyun! i noticed her at the drama april kiss. i like her look. by the way she was the leading actress in HYENA with oh man suk. its a comedy series. she was also in the movie the restless with actress kim tae hee.

Thank You so much for your update.....I wouldn't know it w/o your help.

her new drama,or should I say comedy, with Lee Jin Wook.

Before and After Plastic Surgery

ba1rb7th4.jpg

ba2sa1bs5.jpg

beforeandaftere02200801ct3.jpg

beforeandaftere02200801yp5.jpg

ceyes00400013pz3ws1.jpg

ceyes00400046ix1bm1.jpg

ceyes01100015uz2dz4.jpg

ceyes01300022sl2fh2.jpg

Waaa. Thanks for making this thread ^^

Just today I was thinking why soompi doesn't have a thread for this girl... hehe..

I really like her in Hyena.. and her voice is so cute too... quite a special role for her to be surrounded by all those male hyenas.. :D

Currently watching her newest sunday drama... Before and After Plastic Surgery

she's playing as a nurse ^_^

Thanks White Star for starting this thread. I first saw her in Fairy & Swindler with Ahn Jae Wook and she looked very sweet and beautiful. It’s only when she acted in Resurrection that I noticed her acting has improved or rather getting a meaty role compared to an innocent character in F&S. I am glad she finally got to play the lead role in Hyena and adored her sweetness playing a role where two guys fell for her. I think many did not get a chance to watch this drama since it was broadcasted through TVN. Many thanks to WITHS2 that we get to watch this drama with english sub-titles.

I just love her smile and she sure does melt your heart with her pureness….very angelic look! :D

Hope she gets more recognition with a new role playing opposite Lee Jin Wook.

• 2 months later...
Guest renni72

Thanks for this thread on So Yi Hyun.

I first saw her in Fairy & Swindler with Ahn Jae Wook and she looked very sweet and beautiful. It’s only when she acted in Resurrection that I noticed her more and wondered why she wasn't getting lead roles.....then I saw her in Hyena (though I have not finished this drama) and Before & After Plastic Surgery.

She's tall and very slim and looks good in clothes!

In Resurrection, I liked her "intellectual and fair" character. Even though she was the 2nd lead, she wasn't the typical evil nor scheming character.

Hope to see more of her.

• 4 months later...

I didn't even realize she played 'that other girl' in the Restless. Pretty and great acting.

I sort of agree she can take on roles like a younger Choi Ji Woo or CJW's sister. But even better if she's paired up with Lee Jin Wook, in my opinion :wub:

It's any TV station's lost if they didn't give her great roles.

• 6 months later...
Guest nguyenngoctuyen

Hello you! At first I did not know about sis So Yi Hyun started! 1 week ago, the television channels in that I have the movie: Before And After Cosmetic Surgery ?? & ??? ?? ?? have sis So Yi Hyun as HongGiNam nurse, I love her, especially when she HGNam smile, she is pretty and very loved! hi hi

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really like this girl! She was phenomenal in Hyena and yeah she's really pretty in swallow the sun. Too bad she doesn't have much screentime at all :S I've seen that she's gonna act in another drama immediately after Swallow the sun... the "Assorted Gems" with Lee Tae Gon? First I thought she landed the female lead role *YAY* but when I actually checked the site she was listed third *sighs* She deserves a lead spot really. Also, I'm curious as to what that drama will be about... there doesn't seem to be any info on it.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest greenhotchilipeper

just finish watching Gloria, So Yi Huyn has a perfect character and i must say that she has a great chemistry with Lee Chun Hee - Ha Dong Ah character, love the couple so much ^^

Today Self-Luminous Beauty drama press conference with So Yi Hyun as a female leading, The film will be broadcast on KBS dated 07/01/2012 from 10:40 am on every Saturdays.

9d779160fc5e3dec6e1d55c4fff8ab68_39669620.01.jpg

919263d9e1f1d7c646cd75a88bd5d232_39669622.03.jpg

4c6172c44d15082699fadf615e5868f2_39669797.18.jpg

• 1 year later...

News for her upcoming drama..

So Yi-hyun and Taecyeon cast in tvN ghost melo by javabeans | June 14, 2013 | 74 Comments

soyihyun_18.jpg

javabeans: Ding-ding-ding! We have this year’s time traveling! Which… isn’t time traveling, but seeing dead people. ‘Cause in addition to the Hong sisters’ rom-com Master’s Sun, we now have tvN jumping on the bandwagon with Who Are You. Or maybe I should say jumping in front of the bandwagon.

girlfriday: Or running off with the bandwagon and slapping a new name on it?

javabeans: They totally bogarted that bandwagon. By which we mean, this one sounds an awful lot like Master’s Sun, only tvN is suddenly shoving it on air to premiere a couple weeks before Master. And let’s not forget that Master’s Sun already sounds like a reworked Chilling Romance.

girlfriday: So far, both have heroines who see dead people, and well, dead people. Check, check.

javabeans: In Who Are You, she’s played by So Yi-hyun (Alice in Cheongdam-dong, Glowing She, You’ve Fallen For Me), who “sees things things others can’t” in this “ghost melo.” Her opposite-self romantic interest is played by Taecyeon (Dream High, Cinderella’s Sister), who ONLY believes in things he can see and feel.

girlfriday: Of course. Because things always have to be opposite in dramaland.

javabeans: They’re both detectives and the plot involves items in the lost and found department that tell stories about their owners. It doesn’t sound like a rom-com, though, but rather human drama with paranormal elements. She hears ghost voices too, so we can lump I Hear Your Voice into the category as well.

taecyeon_25.jpg

girlfriday: Hm, the lost and found box doesn’t sound very exciting, but the show will supposedly be about her helping souls who come to her wanting to settle regrets before moving onto the afterlife.

javabeans: So it’s Sixth Sense and Hello Ghost too.

girlfriday: She’d have to be suicidal for Hello Ghost, so that sounds a little dire even for cable, but it’d be funny if she had the hangers-on like Cha Tae-hyun did.

javabeans: The thing is, this sounds potentially interesting, but it’s so obviously swooping in before Master’s Sun that I find it funny. (Who Are You follows Dating Agency Cyrano—so, Mondays and Tuesdays—and premieres in late July.) I wonder if the Hong sisters are pissed off right now. On the other hand, maybe this will make them work harder.

girlfriday: Yeah since they can’t do anything to stop it, maybe it’ll force them to make their drama bigger, badder, faster, stronger. Lord knows they need a kick in the pants after last year.

javabeans: Yes, they should not be allowed to phone richard simmons in. They’ve certainly got the leg up in the casting department. Both legs up. Maybe an army of legs. Because you can’t compare Gong Hyo-jin and So Ji-sub to So Yi-hyun and Taecyeon.

girlfriday: I’ve never loved either of them in anything, and it’s not for lack of trying, I swear.

javabeans: So Yi-hyun is not a terrible actress, but she’s pretty good at playing people I want to slap, and Taecyeon… is the next generation’s Song Seung-heon. Gorgeous. Vaguely towelly.

credit; Dramabeans

I just started watching "Luminous She" and so far I find her character hilarious. Neurotic, brilliant and vulnerable, she's like the female Woody Allen combined with the Korean version of Carrie Bradshaw from "Sex in the City". I will follow her career from now on... I think she has a lot of untapped potential. :-)

Archived