Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WitchGoddess

How Much Do You Spend On Makeup Brushes?

are they that important?
I was looking to buy a good makeup brush for my bronzer, but the good ones cost over forty dollars. Mac, Bobbi Brown, Sephora, etc cost too much. I was wondering how much the majority of the soompiers would spend for one or how much money they spent overall.

i always buy my brushes in sets. i've purchased two sonia kashuk brush sets ($20 each) and a smashbox brush set ($80 something i think)

hmmm the sephora bronzer brush (the big fat one from the platinum collection with white bristles) is like $45 dollars but is SO SO soft and nice. i don't have it but everytime i go to sephora i drool over it, i'll get it eventually.

but if you don't want to spend a boat load on brushes i say go for sonia kashuk their brushes are really good. and i've read that cvs' essence of beauty brushes are supposed to be very good they're supposed to be like a step below mac brushes.

i never really buy brushes.

but i've used different types of brushes.

and i really love the brushes are tend to be more expensive, obviously.

so much softer <3

I think makeup brushes are the most crucial part of any makeup collection because, as much as the makeup products are the ones on your face, it's up to the quality of your brushes to see how evenly they can be applied. I used to go cheap with brushes but they'd start shedding right on my face, and the coarseness of the bristless would irritate my skin. Now I'm using more expensive sets but it's soooo much more worth it! Less hassle, better application, and less irritation for my face!

I think makeup brushes are the most crucial part of any makeup collection because, as much as the makeup products are the ones on your face, it's up to the quality of your brushes to see how evenly they can be applied. I used to go cheap with brushes but they'd start shedding right on my face, and the coarseness of the bristless would irritate my skin. Now I'm using more expensive sets but it's soooo much more worth it! Less hassle, better application, and less irritation for my face!

exactly ! I spent 100+ on them lols

i buy alot of mac brushes i think they are really soft. but if u are a student then i think that doesnt fall into the price range.

but there are alot of cheap and gd brushes out there

it's nice having different types of brushes to play with but i honestly don't think it's necessary to spend so much money on them. for me..as long as they work then i'm good. as long as i have 1-2 different types of blending brushes for my eyes then i'm happy =)

i find them important because they do a much better job than crappy brushes

my make up collection is only about...40-50$? i only use an eyeliner brush and blush brush. i use lancome blush brush & MAC 209 eyeliner brush

high quality brushes picks up more or the right amount and blends better

i did use not so great brushes before so i could tell the difference .

i wouldn't buy them in sets really because most individual brushes are made better than set brushes? it depends though! last time i bought a set from sonia kashuk? or whatever...and it really sucked. but one brush from sonia sold individually much better quality o_o

i don't ...welll if you're young, you should go for a brush by loreal, maybelline or sonia whatever at target or a drugstore

bronzer really makes a difference in the face though so i would recommend getting a high quality brush

because if you apply it on not so great...

it also would look kinda :crazy:

I think if your looking for a bronzer kabuki brush, you should go to Victoria Secret they have this one large kabuki brush for their bronzer which is around maybe 10-30 which its really cheap and soft and big...I remember cuse I applied the bronzer to my boyfriends arm =o

Couldn't have said it better. Also I believe anything I put on my face is very important so I try to get the best quality even if the price is a bit high.

Right now I'm not wearing make up much but I'll have to save up some money and buy some better worthy brushes in the summer.

i think it's such a good investment to buy a brush

for example;

painting a picture with your fingers wouldnt' look great compared to using some good brushes right?

i just bought a 50$ mac brush and i've never spent so much on a beauty product but you dont' know how happy i am with it and my purchase!!!

maybe don't spend $50 but def. invest in some with good quality :)

I spend $25 for a whole set of brushes and there were 16 brushes. I use all of them. I bought wal-mart brushes each under $5, but the set I bought for 25 is good quality. The cheaper ones don't work well for me.

I have brushes by MAC, bare essentials, sonia kashuk, and tony and tina. my whole collection altogether know ive spent more than 180 dollars on.

i would spend more than 50 dollars on a brush if i knew it was awesome.

i have some brushes that i have had for more than 5 years. i use them daily and they were a good investment.

i love my MAC 187 brush.