Official { D Y E D . H A I R }: Before & After

Guest xrhapsody

Guest eyeluvyew<3

Experienced Bleachers!

I really want light brown color like this:

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/6158/sn...dior7pn0rr6.jpg

I have naturally black hair and dyed it black after a failed attempt of dying my hair honey brown.

It only worked on my roots for some reason.

I know the only way is to bleach it, but I'm cheap so I can't go to the salon: / and I rather mess up my own hair than pay a hairdresser to...

So,

Does anyone know how?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Experienced Bleachers!

I have naturally black hair and dyed it black after a failed attempt of dying my hair honey brown.

I know the only way is to bleach it, but I'm cheap so I can't go to the salon: / and I rather mess up my own hair than pay a hairdresser to...

So,

Does anyone know how? *begs on knees*

If you dyed your hair black with drugstore box dyes, you won't be able to dye it lighter. I believe you'll have to strip it, then dye it that colour, which is very costly/damaging...

Guest Miyuki♥

////

I got my hair dyed. Haha, the dye would not stick, and I was there for like 3 hours. Its almost the same color but with a brownish tint. Boooo.

Guest thesavanahplains

Hi evreyone!

I have a question~

Okay so, I want to dye my hair before school starts on the 5th of Aug.

I will be getting it done at a salon becuase I really don't want to possibly mess up my hair.

Haha, anyways so I asked one of the ladies and she said that I was going way to light at this color:

[] SBS-305066.jpg

Like WAY too light. She also said that it would look like I was trying to hard and that the kids in school would make fun of me and that I was still too young blah blah blah. I was all 'wth?!'

So I told her that I'm not that dark...and yes, I know that I am Mexican and we usually don't look good with blond hair but I don't want to go blond, just a golden brown. So I said that I could go some shades darker and she said I would still look bad...=.=

She suggested highlights in colors lighter than the one above, and no offense to nobody but I hate dark hair and light highlights, that was popular like 2 yrs ago. Sorry, I mean that in all kindness!

So now I'm torn because I want to dye my hair (this is my first time) but I'm feeling put down now...

Okay, so of course you all cannot give your opinion without seeing how I look, so this is me:

front view:

[] 17-04-09_1152.jpg

Side view:

[] 02-04-09_0929.jpg

And I'm even paler in direct sunlight and florescent lighting =.=

So I want to dye my hair any of these colors:

[] demi-lovato-camp-rock-nc.jpg

[] asian-soft-corly-hairstyle-with-blu.jpg

[] japanesehairstyle_03.jpg

[] japanesewomenhairstyles_01.jpg

[] wizards-of-waverly-place-graphic-no.jpg

I especially like demi lavtos color ^^

and a Fyi :) in this cut:

[] hair.jpg

So, would I look good or should I just stay black-brown?

maybe just a lil bit darker but overall i think it would look fine as long as u remember to dye ur eyebrows becuz lite brown hair looks TERRIBLE with black eyebrows :)

Experienced Bleachers!

So,

Does anyone know how? *begs on knees*

if u used hair dye from like american stores they of course wont work its better to use asian brands becuz black hair is thicker and more stuborn

try Palty its a japanese brand and works pretty well without having bleach ur hair etc... (and it has alot of colors to choose from including the 1 u want)

Guest oreoo

WORTH IT?: no

Natural Hair type:

- fine straight (sometimes wavy)

- medium

Hair History: -

-Virgin/Dyed 5/6 times

-Natural

Hair color Before: virgin black -->red tips-->purple/blonde-->blonde streaks-->ash brown/red

Bleach?: yes

Hair Dye: matrix

Price: a LOT.

Changes:

- Damage? real damage to my ends (split ends after about the 4th time dying it hahah)

- Texture change? not as soft as it used to be

lingded3007horz.jpg

I dont really know much about what the hair person does to dye my hair so I wouldnt know about bleaching and all that other stuff. I know she bleached my hair blonde the time I wanted it but all the other times I dont think she did...

WORTH IT?:

Not really, it's damaging. It just looked nice the first few months, and then when the roots grew out, it looked hideous. The color faded to ugly color, it's freaking long time to grow my hair out.

Natural Hair type:

fine long hair

Hair History:

Dyed my hair w/ Palty honey brown about a year ago and then dyed with Garnier dark brown a few days later because the result was so messed up, I looked like lion king.

I'd been trying to grow out my virgin hair again, but the previously dyed part looked so ugly, couldn't wait anymore.

Hair color Before: (oily/limp hair, because I haven't washed my hair for 3 days ^^" )

beforedye.jpgbeforedye2.jpg

Hair color After:

afterdye.jpgafterdye2.jpg

Hair Dye:

Nice 'N Easy - Natural Soft Black (1 box only)

381519012532.jpg

Price: Around $7

Changes:

I love it! The color makes my hair looks thicker and healthier :)

It doesn't damage my hair at all, my hair feels the same

The black shade is darker than my own black hair, but it doesn't look fake/goth, IMO. It's sort of like hispanic black hair.

Now, I hope it doesn't gradually fade into weird color

Guest xrhapsody

WORTH IT?: maybe not I'm not sure :mellow:

Natural Hair type:

- fine

- straight

Hair History:

-dyed hair a lot

Hair color Before: medium blonde

Hair color After: light brown

Bleach?: no

Hair Dye: Salon

Price: $80 at the salon

Changes:

- less shiny

Description: - She used a semi gloss and left it in for about 15 mins then rinsed

Comments: - " I didn't really like the result it's pretty dark

Your hair looks so much better after!

WORTH IT?:

Not really, it's damaging. It just looked nice the first few months, and then when the roots grew out, it looked hideous. The color faded to ugly color, it's freaking long time to grow my hair out.

Your hair looks so soft and fluffy when it's black. It looks so natural too!

Guest Searesrayne

Swimming won't fade out hair that much.. it's swimming in chlorine...

Don't use the Lemon juice(sun touch) stuff to lightening hair.. it will be messy,uneven and it can make your hair brassy! (orange)

Most perm dye will dye on dark hair, but would be a subtle difference. but if you wanna do it use L'oreal Feria type of dyes

Update on hair lol

th_ablack-1.jpg

th_a.jpg

th_asss.jpg

th_asssss.jpg

th_green.jpg

th_hehehfood.jpg

Fading

th_ass.jpg

th_assss.jpg

WORTH IT?: Yes!

Natural Hair type:

- straight, long, thick asian hair. my friends like to describe it as "barbie hair"

Hair History: -

- virgin

Hair color Before: black/darkbrown.

Hair color After: more of a blue first.. but faded to a nice purple.

Bleach?: yes. i got my hair bleached at the salon.

Hair Dye: "Jerome Russell's Punky Hair Color" the colour was violet. i got it at shoppers drug mart. (canada)

Price: bleaching it at the salon cost around $50 (i only asked for the bottom bit to be bleached) and the dye cost $11

Changes:

- well with bleaching, there is obviously going to be damage. my hair felt very dry when i didn't put product in it. when i put product in it (like heat protecting cream), it became smooth like the rest of my hair.

Description: ***THE DYE BLEEDS. and it will stain your clothes! i would suggest wearing darker colours for the first few week.. (just for it to bleed. it will stop after 5 washes), and using a separate old towel to dry your hair if you dont want to ruin your mom's nice towels.

Comments: the colour turned out VERY NICE. it lasted about a month before i had to get touch ups, and i wash my hair every day. the dye is semi-permanent. :)

here's 2 pictures:

4222_1106574917942_1633860051_27-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/can...60051_27662.jpg

(i was tanning with a friend when i decided i wanted to see my hair.. haha excuse the bathing suit!)

QUESTION!

i'm currently waiting for all the purple to fade/wash out.. and i'm thinking about dying my hair red/orange. i'm aiming for what a "natural red head" type of colour. the problem is that my hairdresser told me to look for semi-permanent dyes because they work well with bleached hair... and i can't seem to find any semi-permanent dyes (except for the brand that i used for my purple, but they don't really offer a "natural red" colour.)

anyone know brands that sell semi-permanent dyes in department/drug stores? thanks in advance. :)

Guest meilove

before [ already dyed brown] : 29kxi10.jpg [[i'm in the middle]]

after: 9q9379.jpg

cant really see but underneath i have 2 blonde streaks =)

Guest heineken.

WORTH IT?: - No.

Natural Hair type:

- Course

- Medium

Hair History:

-Dyed many, many times.

Hair color Before: Dark brown with blond highlights

Hair color After: A blondish orange? with blond highlights

Hair Dye: - Clairol nice 'n easy #98 in natural extra light

Price: - $6

Changes:

- Damage? Yes.. definitely feels drier.

- Texture change? ^Drier

Description: - Left it in for 1 1/2 hours. Still didn't achieve the color I wanted.

Comments: - I wanted a light brown, so I used a blond hair dye. My hair ended up having this odd orange tint to it at the end o_O Some of my bottom hairs were like.. unaffected by the hair dye and remained black lol. Oh and I curled my hair with an iron for fun =P

DSC07035.jpgDSC07038.jpg

DSC07036.jpgDSC07042.jpg

DSC07040.jpg

Guest yg_bigbang

Since I made the thread, I thought I should be the first post ! (:

EDIT; pwn`d lol. Second post haha.

WORTH IT?: Kind of. It didn't show up as light as I thought it would.

Natural Hair type:

- Fine

- Straight

- Medium-Long Length

- Generally soft and smooth hair.

Hair History:

- Virgin hair previous to this post.

- Natural but straightened very frequently

Hair color Before: Black/"Very Dark Brown"

new.jpg

Hair color Desired: A rich medium-dark brown, kind of reddish.

Hair color After:

- In low light: Black/"Very Dark Brown"

(Like the Before picture)

- In normal lighting: Dark Brown

ohemgee2.jpg

- In bright light/outdoors: Medium Brown and Red.

AFTERlight.jpg

weird, eh?

Bleach?: No

Hair Dye: Garnier Nutrisse: Nourishing Color Creme

in 535 (Medium Golden Mahogany Brown)

Price: Around $7 at CVS.

Changes:

- My hair became a little more damaged

- The texture wasn't as smooth as before

- My hair looked more dull.

Description: I left the dye in for 25 minutes and then washed it out.

duringlmao.jpg

haha. It looks gross =x

Comments: I wish I had left it in for longer, and wrapped it in tin foil and blow dried it.

I also wish I used a lighter color because there was no way that this color would come out on my virgin black hair.

My friends say that it looks very nice and natural though. They said it softened my face a bit.

My natural hair color is the really brown one! I feel weird because not a lot of Asians have the natural hair color and nobody believes me when i say it's natural-____-

Guest michikosashimi

@autumnhearts

wow~ you dyed your hair alot :D

its pretty cool :)

i really like your current hair color.

what dye did you use?

Guest ~>flytothestar<~

WORTH IT?: yeah

Natural Hair type:

- black, wavy

Hair History:

-Dye 7 times or more? lol :lol:

Hair color Before: virgin black - red brown - brown- black- brown

Bleach?: last one

Hair Dye: Price: 5 bucks everytime i dyed :phew:

Changes:

- Damage beginging then got a haircut, then dye it black and repeat

- Dry hair

img0146yw0.jpgred brown

n7886431977421747304.jpgblack

img5814i.jpgbrown

img0171u.jpgblack

img04441.jpgbrown

Guest Malyma

I have virgin black hair, and like sensitive skin, but I've had magic straight done to my hair like 3 years ago. If my hair/ skin was fine going such a treatment, would my hair be okay to be dyed? I'm worried about the side-effects of dying my hair, like, skin related.

Guest xrhapsody

My natural hair color is the really brown one! I feel weird because not a lot of Asians have the natural hair color and nobody believes me when i say it's natural-____-
Don't picture quote!

I have virgin black hair, and like sensitive skin, but I've had magic straight done to my hair like 3 years ago. If my hair/ skin was fine going such a treatment, would my hair be okay to be dyed? I'm worried about the side-effects of dying my hair, like, skin related.
You're always supposed to do a small test patch on the inside of your elbow or behind your ear to see if you may/may not experience any reaction to the hair dye.

Guest Keso ♥

I need help~

I dyed my hair red a couple of months back.

Two months ago i decided to have it dyed black, where in which I used Bigen Henna Dye, i used it because they said it wouldn't create much of a damage, specially if i just wanted to grow my hair and leave it black.

A few days ago I realized that my hair was too long for my liking so I thought of having it dyed again and then cut, when I went to the salon they said they couldn't dye it because I used henna and the color won't change even if they attempt to.

Is there any way of getting rid of the henna or making it fade faster? Without bleaching?

:(

Archived