[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

WAHHH! :w00t: Jo Min Ki and Lee Mi Sook (yay!!!) in the drama? Awesome cast!

Thanks kdramafanusa & everyone for the updates and great info.

East of Eden is looking good, hope all the cast will give an excellent performance all around. Now it's on the list to watch.. :blush:

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kdramafanusa

WAHHH! :w00t: Jo Min Ki and Lee Mi Sook (yay!!!) in the drama? Awesome cast!

Dearest Rubie, I knew you would be happy to see LMS again. =)

I was about to PM you right after I'm done editing the post on her. This role seems very challenging (finding out her 'son' is the son of the man who murdered her husband), MBC's chosen an amazing actress to take on this task. Can't wait!

Guest kdramafanusa

Kim Bum'll be acting as the teenage "Lee Dong Chul" before Song Seung Hun takes over as the grown up version.

Kim Bum (hit sitcom series Unstoppable Highkick!) will appear in episodes 2, 3, 4. Some more pics of him.

kimbum1.jpg

kimbum2.jpg

Source: as labelled

Dearest Rubie, I knew you would be happy to see LMS again. =)

I was about to PM you right after I'm done editing the post on her. This role seems very challenging (finding out her 'son' is the son of the man who murdered her husband), MBC's chosen an amazing actress to take on this task. Can't wait!

Hi!

Yupyup.. an unexpected surprise, indeed. :blush: A friend told me about Jo Min Ki.. we had such great memories watching him, etc in Ad-Madness years ago. :blush: And when I came to the thread today, I saw LMS' profile.. like.. huh.. and it finally register that the cast are being announced one by one. :lol: I especially love LMS in An Affair and Untold Scandal. Haven't had the chance watching ...ing, yet but for me.. if there's a truly talented & charismatic actress, it's Lee Mi Sook.

I seldom watch online series right to the end.. it's usually only halfway or less.. :sweatingbullets: .. so, hopefully East of Eden will be a really good one. And there's Spotlight, too. Wahhh!

Btw, when is this series (and Spotlight) slated to air?

Guest kdramafanusa

I seldom watch online series right to the end.. it's usually only halfway or less.. :sweatingbullets: .. so, hopefully East of Eden will be a really good one. And there's Spotlight, too. Wahhh!

Btw, when is this series (and Spotlight) slated to air?

"East of Eden" will premiere in June, it's expected to replace "Yi San" on Monday/Tuesday 9:55pm timeslot.

As of now, it's said that "Spotlight" (Wednesday/Thursday) will start in May. Schedules sometimes get changed though.

Oh Rubie, it'll be fun if we watch them at the same time; just like our chats in BD thread. I hope "East of Eden" will be great from the beginning to the end. =)

Kim bum is a singer? :unsure:

He appeared in popular sitcom Unstoppable High Kick!

http://choice.mnet.com/Vote/VoteRanking_Lst.asp?PageNum=2_1

MNET 20's CHOICE

2007 Mnet SUMMER BREAK 20'S CHOICE

<<<Mnet 20's Choice awards were held at Sheraton Grande Walkerhill Hotel on August 21st, 2007. The awards (41 prizes) were selected online from movies, music, sports and TV.>>>

New Star

1. Jung Il Woo (Unstoppable High Kick) - 107,326 votes (34.707%)

2. Kim Bum (Unstoppable High Kick) - 60,816 votes (19.667%)

3. Lee Yeon Hee (One Fine Day) - 51,346 votes (16.604%)

4. Park Min Young (Unstoppable High Kick) - 47,096 votes (15.23%)

Best Couple

1. Kim Bum & Kim Hye Sung (Unstoppable High Kick) - 106,161 votes (34.351%)

2. Kang Dong Won & Lee Na Young (Our Happy Time) - 74,309 votes (24.044%)

3. Oh Ji Ho & Han Ye Seul (Fantasy Couple) - 54,370 votes (17.593%)

4. Kim Ah Jung & Joo Jin Mo (200 Pounds Beauty) - 45,600 votes (14,755%)

5. Jang Hyuk & Gong Hyo Jin (Thank You) - 28,608 votes (9.257%)

New Korean Wave Star

1. Song Seung Hun - 90,291 votes (29.161%)

2. Rain - 89,839 votes (29.015%)

3. Lee Jun Ki - 59,971 votes (19.369%)

4. Kwon Sang Woo - 42,703 votes (13.792%)

5. Ryu Si Won - 26,823 votes (8.663%)

I posted the list here:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...t&p=7226067

Guest kdramafanusa

^ The current cast includes Song Seung-hun, Jo Min-ki, Lee Mi-sook, Yoo Dong-geun, Kim Bum.

Once the players for the remaining roles are chosen, Yeohweping, Mandalaywith will share them with us. =)

<<<If I read the article correctly, Lee Dong-wook is 5 years younger than Lee Dong-chul (Song Seung-hun).>>>

---

Since SSH will be playing the older brother, it's not sure whether YJH will be suitable for the role of the younger brother. SSH looks younger than his actual age - to me at least. Who knows, maybe, MBC will cast YJH at the end. We'll just have to wait for announcement.

SSH & Han Ga-in were supposed to star together in drama "City Of God" (didn't work out) last year, do you think she will be chosen to be his co-star this time? =)

Guest AlecRuby

wow, there is more and more updates, but who is the female lead? that who I am most anticipated about. that's great that ssh has already done a press conference in japan.

ahhhhhhhhhhh i am so excited.

Guest fivemagic

A Happy Wednesday to everyone!

Super thanks to kdramafanusa, yeohweping for keeping this thread alive and going, and keeping us abreast of the some of the casts already been confirmed.......thanks alot!

I too am waiting to hear who will be the leading lady for this drama.......crossing my fingers and toes that Ye Seul will be casted as the leading lady......really wanted to see her in a different role and of course being paired with Hyun Bin, but it's OK if I can get to see her with SSH.......I am a OK with that.

Looking forward to seeing the remaining casts and more updates from kdramafanusa, yeohweping and everyone!

I am excited already.

Kim Bum played the childhood of Song Seung Hun's character in East of Eden

14894_1.jpg

The young actor Kim Bum has been invited to act in the special project of MBC Channel East of Eden. He will play the male leading role Dong Chul (played by Song Seung Hun) from the high-school to the adult time. Kim Bum will appear in the first part of the drama with a lot of acting.

Kim Bum will perform as a boy who has a maudlin sentiment and a weak soul. After seeing his father died in front of his own eyes, Dong Chul couldn't hide his indignation, and his personally has changed gradually.

East of Eden is the most remarkable working of MBC Channel in 2008 with the appearance of the Hallyu star Song Seung Hun after 5 years. The drama has planed to be broadcasted in June 2008.

Source: http://krfilm.net/f/t-13699-1-1.kst

Etrans: Jess@KST_Cichlid

*** Hi May - :P

i will love to if han ga in join this drama,

at least if yun jung hoon being cancelled hgi can replace him lol

But I would like YJH to be a part of the cast - it's been a while since SS & would like to see him in another drama right after his release from the army. I hope he's going to be in it. :)

Guest fivemagic

It's nice to see this thread is moving right along and my super duper thanks to everyone for keeping this thread alive and kickin'.....hope to see more updates very soon and much anticipated to know who the leading lady will be?

-----

Hi will - I am glad to see you here too and super thanks for the article and pic.

Guest kdramafanusa

Hapcheon Theme Park

(1) Filming location of movie <Dajjiimawa Lee>, (director Ryoo Seung-wan; Ryoo Seung-beom & Gong Hyo-jin), <Himart> CF, drama <East Of Eden>.

(2) Filming location of movie <Tae Guk Gi: Brotherhood Of War> and KBS drama <Seoul 1945>.

(3) Japanese tourists (SSH's fans) are expected to visit the filming location this year, therefore, pamphlets are being printed in Japanese as well.

합천영상테마파크, 촬영으로 또 바빠졌다

영화 <다찌마와 리> 이어 광고 <하이마트>, 드라마 <에덴의 동쪽> 촬영

IE000872777_STD.jpg

^ 올해 들어 합천영상테마파크에서 드라마와 영화, 광고 등의 촬영이 계속되고 있다. 사진은 광고 <하이마트>의 촬영 장면.

ⓒ 합천군청 합천영상테마파크

합천영상테마파크가 또 바빠졌다.

합천댐에서 15분 거리인 합천군 용주면 가호리에 있는 합천영상테마파크는 7만㎡로 2004년 4월에 개장했다. 지금까지 영화 <태극기 휘날리며>와 KBS대하드라마 <서울1945> 등이 이곳에서 촬영되었다.

올해 들어 이곳에서는 대형 영화․드라마와 CF촬영이 줄을 잇고 있다. 2월중에만 벌써 3편의 작품을 촬영했다. 지난 3일부터 이틀간 류승완 감독이 메가폰을 잡고 임원희, 류승범, 공효진,박시연이 출연한 영화 <다찌마와 리>를 촬영했다.

<하이마트> 광고도 지난 20일부터 이곳에서 촬영하고 있다. 이 광고에는 <며느리 전성시대>로 인기를 모으고 있는 이필모와 KBS <대왕세종>에서 소헌황후 역을 맡고 있는 이윤지가 출연했다.

뮤직비디오도 이곳에서 촬영한다. 가창력이 뛰어난 가수 박화요비의 뮤직비디오가 오는 28일 촬영할 예정이다.

한류스타 송승헌이 이곳에서 카메라 앞에 선다. 그가 주인공으로 캐스팅 된 50부작 MBC특별기획드라마 <에덴의 동쪽>이 이곳에서 촬영하게 된다. 촬영 세트장은 오는 4월 준공할 예정.

<에덴의 동쪽>은 인기리에 방영되고 있는 <이산>의 후속작. 제작비 250억 원에 이르는 대작으로 <아일랜드>의 김진만 PD와 <달동네> <보통사람들>의 나연숙 작가가 콤비로 만든다.

합천군은 송승헌이 주연을 맡게 되어 일본 관광객들이 몰려 올 것을 기대하고 있다. 합천군은 일본어 팸플릿과 캐릭터 상품을 제작사와 협의하는 등 준비에 여념이 없다.

합천군 관계자는 “지난 16일 일본에서 열린 팬미팅에서 1만7000여명이 몰리는 대성황을 보여 한류스타로서의 위력을 과시한 송승헌이 주연을 맡게 돼 일본인 관광객의 방문이 봇물을 이룰 것으로 기대한다”고 말했다.

흥행의 보증수표로 불리는 허영만 작가의 만화 <각시탈> 제작사 측도 합천을 촬영지 가운데 하나로 검토하고 있는 것으로 알려지고 있다.

합천군 관계자는 “<각시탈> 제작을 준비해 온 나비픽처스의 김성수 감독이 최근 합천을 방문해 중국 선양과 합천 중에서 한 곳을 촬영지로 검토하고 있다고 했다”며 “해외촬영의 부담 등을 고려할 때 합천이 최종 촬영지로 결정될 것으로 보인다”고 말했다.

<각시탈>을 합천에서 촬영할 경우 오는 7월경부터 2개월 이상 촬영이 계속될 것으로 보인다. 이 영화는 제작비가 100억 원대에 이르는 대작으로 알려져 있다.

이밖에 케이블영화전문채널인 OCN에서 3~4월 중 자체제작프로그램인 <경성기방>을 합천에서 촬영할 예정이고, CJ엔트테인먼트의 <공중곡예사>도 올해 하반기 이곳에서 촬영에 들어갈 예정이다.

2008.02.21 16:36

http://www.ohmynews.com/NWS_Web/view/at_pg...&PAGE_CD=15

Guest AlecRuby

that would be almighty awesome if Han Ga In unnie can join the cast... she can play along he husband if he is casted and SSH who she was supposed to work with.

ahhhhhhh... i can't wait, people leak some more news out!!

Guest kdramafanusa

권상우 송승헌, 영화는 합작 드라마는 맞짱

2008-02-15 09:45:35

200802150938491117_1.jpg

[마이데일리 = 임이랑 기자] 영화 '숙명'에 함께 출연을 확정해 화제가 된 두 톱스타 권상우와 송승헌이 '숙명'을 끝내고 나면 안방극장에서 경쟁자로 맞붙게 된다.

최근 3월 20일로 개봉일을 확정지은 영화 '숙명'에는 권상우와 송승헌이 함께 출연해 기대를 모으고 있다. 두 사람은 영화가 끝나고 나면 공교롭게도 비슷한 시기에 안방극장으로 동시 복귀할 것으로 보여 벌써부터 여성 시청자들의 마음을 설레게 하고 있다.

권상우는 KBS 2TV '못된 사랑'을 마치고 SBS의 기대작인 '대물'에 출연을 구두 합의했다. 박인권 화백의 만화를 원작으로 한 '대물'은 대통령을 꿈꾸는 여성 서혜림과 제비 하류의 이야기로, 권상우는 남자주인공인 카사노바 하류로 출연할 예정이다.

'대물'은 오는 27일 첫방송되는 SBS 새 수목드라마 '온에어'의 후속으로 5월경 방송되며, 권상우 외에도 톱스타들이 캐스팅 물망에 올라있다.

송승헌은 최근 MBC 특별기획 '에덴의 동쪽(극본 나연숙, 연출 김진만)' 출연을 결정해 2003년 KBS 2TV 드라마 '여름향기' 이후 약 5년만의 드라마 컴백을 확정했다. '에덴의 동쪽' 역시 약 250억이 제작비로 투입된 대작으로 '대물' 못지 않은 화제작이다.

한 날 한 시 같은 병원에서 태어나 엇갈린 운명과 복수를 하는 두 남자의 모습을 그린 '에덴의 동쪽'에서 송승헌은 이동철 역할을 맡았다.

'에덴의 동쪽'은 최근 연장을 논의중에 있는 '이산' 후속으로 방송될 가능성이 높다. '이산'이 몇 회 연장을 하는가에 따라 5월이나 6월 방송되기 때문에 '대물'과의 경쟁을 피할 수 없게 됐다. 영화로 뭉친 두 사람이 안방극장에서는 어떤 매력대결을 보여줄지 기대를 모은다.

['숙명'에 함께 출연한 권상우(왼쪽) 송승헌. 사진=마이데일리 사진DB]

임이랑 기자 queen@mydaily.co.kr

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?ne...802150938491117

English Translation Credit: HanCinema

Kwon Sang-woo and Song Seung-heon, friends in their film, but competitors in their dramas

Kwon Sang-woo and Song Seung-heon's upcoming film "Destiny" evoked such huge sensation when these two stars were to appear as the best friends in the film. However, outside their film screen, the two stars met once again as competitors in the TV dramas.

The "Destiny" is going to be released on 20th March and the two stars are expected to comeback to TV drama about the same time. The female viewers are already fluttered to see the return of the two hottest stars in Korea.

Kwon Sang-woo have finished KBS 2TV "Bad Love" and had verbal agreement to appear in SBS's special production, "Dae Mool". "Dae Mool" is based on the original Manhwa by Park In-kwon and is a story of a woman called Seo Hye-lim, who dreams to be the first female president of Korea. And Kwon Sang-woo will be acting a lady-killer, Ha Ryoo.

"Dae Mool" is expected to be on early May as a follow up of SBS new Wed-Thu drama, "On Air" which starts on upcoming 27th. Besides Kwon Sang-woo, other top stars are on the casting lists.

Recently, Song Seung-heon signed a contract to appear in MBC's special production "The East of the Eden" (Written by Na Yeon-sook, directed by Kim Jin-man), confirming his comeback to TV dramas in 5 years time after the end of KBS 2TV drama, "Summer Scent" in 2003. "The East of the Eden" is going to be as big as the "Dae Mool" with its high production cost of 25 billion-won. "The East of the Eden" is a revengeful story of two men who were born at the same time in a same hospital and Song Seung-heon is going to act one of the two, Lee Dong-chul.

There's high chance that the "The East of Eden" is going to be on-air after "Yi San", which is currently on debate over whether to extend the plot. Thus depend on how many extra episodes the producers of "Yi San" are prepared to produce; "The East of Eden" will be broadcasted either on May or June, unable to avoid the competition with "Dae Mool". Already many TV viewers are excited over how the two top stars who were friends in the film, will compete in the TV screen.

Archived