[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest kdramafanusa

Might I suggest a brilliant, yet highly underrated actress for the lead female role of this drama?

Kim Hyun Joo

Hi Cutegurl87, KHJ was the rumored lead actress of "City Of God" (Song Seung-heon's comeback drama that didn't work out in the end) last year. Initially, it was Han Ga-in. =)

wow..!! this drama is full of great actors!.. Song Seung Heon & Yeon Jeong Hoon will meet as a big-lil brother ^^

still remember the drama Sad Sonata, YJH replaced SSH on it due to SSH had to enter the army, and now they'll play together.. very interesting ^^

Maymay, it's fate. =)

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might I suggest a brilliant, yet highly underrated actress for the lead female role of this drama?

Kim Hyun Joo

I totally second you X1000000!! I love her. She's a great actress who's extremely beatiful. She really is underrated!! Whatever happened to City of God, anyway??

Guest yeohweping

2008022718184.JPG

20080227181855.JPG

20080227181922.JPG

20080227181950.JPG

http://www.schinews.com/ArticleView.asp?in...ASection=001003

Please stop spamming in soompi about who is going to be the female lead as it's wasting the server's bandwidth which is costly to maintain. :sweatingbullets: News will be posted out when the actresses are confirmed.

Ps: From the potential actresses list sources that I got, none of the above artists are in it. Please don't PM me about the ladies listed as I only post out when official news sites are out with the news.

Guest yeohweping

The leads

20070312152334197043382.jpg - Lee Dong Chul (Song Seung Hun) 01.jpg - Lee Dong Wook (Yun Jung Hun)

20061226114126197045662.jpg - Yang Chun Hee (Lee Mi Sook) 20061226141858197045002.jpg - National Assembly President (Yoo Dong Gun)

20070820185737197047592.jpg - Shin Tae Hwan (Jo Min Gi) 20061219105308197659192.jpg - Shin Myung Hun (Park Hae Jin)

The child stars

200712051622011941.jpg - Kim Bum 20070530141817197680242.jpg - Nam Ji Hyun

20070215152309197589062.jpg - Jin Ji Hee 20070427155018197261442.jpg - Park Keon Tae

Supporting Cast

20070510103831197098622.jpg - Park Chan Hwan 20061218150045197047162.jpg - Jeon Mi Sun

20071105144841361.jpg - Shin Eun Jung 20070313173736197060362.jpg - Lee Jong Won

20070216114929197098632.jpg - Park Hyun Sook 20061220142910197059932.jpg - Shin Hye Jin

20070426171956197040902.jpg - Park Geon Hyung 200712122144517801.jpg - Park Sung Woong

Credits Daum 에덴의 동쪽 staff 카페 imbc & Dcinside

Guest AlecRuby

OOOHHH... KIM HYUN JOO WOULD BE AMAZING. SHE IS DEFINITELY A GOOD CHOICE. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE HER AND SONG SEUNG HEON. THEY MATCH QUITE WELL.

Guest kdramafanusa

The leads

The child stars

Supporting Cast

Credits Daum 에덴의 동쪽 staff 카페 imbc & Dcinside

Thanks Yeohweping; I will edit the index page to reflect the above information.

Guest kdramafanusa

* Park Hae-jin *

DOB: May 1, 1983

HEIGHT: 185cm

TV DRAMAS: "As Much As Heaven And Earth / High As The Sky Wide As The Earth" (2007, KBS1), "The Infamous Chill Sisters" (2006, KBS2)

2007040414541333938_1.jpg

2008010100052571969_1.jpg

^ Winner of "Outstanding Performance for an Actor in a Daily Drama" at KBS Drama Awards 2007 for "As Much As Heaven & Earth"

[Photo Credit: starnews]

---

Source: The Electric New Paper Show

Is he the NEXT Bae Yong Joon?

Meet Park Hae Jin, the hottest newbie in Korea this year

By Chang May Choon

September 04, 2007

SOME call him 'little man', while others say 'soon jeong nam (Korean for pure-hearted guy).'

NP_SHOWTIME_1_CURRENT_HALL03_8.jpg

Park Hae Jin has the same sunny smile and nature as Bae Yong Joon.

Yet others think that his sunshine smile and gentlemanly charm can make him the next Bae Yong Joon.

Say annyeong (Korean for hi) to Park Hae Jin, 24, the hottest newcomer in Korea in the past year and breakout star of the popular family drama serial Famous Princesses.

Until 2004, he was just a regular guy living in the southern seaside town of Pusan. He graduated from high school and worked in a factory before starting a small restaurant and clothing store.

But a trip to Seoul changed his life.

The 1.85m-tall heart-throb was spotted by his current manager while shopping in Gangnam, and he decided on the spot to grab the opportunity of his lifetime.

Now, Hae Jin is best known for his role as the younger beau of Lee Tae Ran's character in his debut drama Famous Princesses, shown in Korea last year.

She plays a 28-year-old military officer, and he, a 24-year-old national serviceman under her charge who falls in love with her. He takes it upon himself to be her guardian angel, even after he is discharged from army.

The drama surpassed the 40 rating mark and was the third most-watched title in Korea last year after Ju Mong and The Bizarre Bunch.

Fans raved about Hae Jin's sweet romantic ways in the serial - like giving Tae Ran chocolate when she's moody and digging a drain outside her tent when it rains during a jungle exercise.

Last September, his was the most searched name on Korean search engine Naver, reported Chosun Ilbo.

Hae Jin went on to win the New Actor Award and Best Couple Award with Tae Ran at the KBS (Korean Broadcasting System) Awards last year, followed by Best New Actor at the prestigious 43rd Baeksang Awards in April this year.

When reporters asked if he feels hurt to be constantly labelled the 'little man', he said: 'No matter what, I'm very happy that people remember me. My grandmother still calls (veteran actor) Mr Choi Min Soo (by his screen nickname) 'big feet'.'

After all, Hae Jin admitted to dating older woman in real life on a variety show early this year.

'Once I dated a girl four years older than me and I didn't kiss her for three months. It must have made her worried,' he joked.

'But I've also kissed a girl after going out for three days, and she was older than me too.'

It's not easy to win this bachelor's heart though, for he professes to be an 'aloof, conservative and traditional Pusan man'.

HE LIKES QUIET GIRLS

He prefers quiet and introverted girls.

'With my ex-girlfriends, I didn't like them to wear miniskirts or anything too revealing, because I'd feel unhappy if other men stare at them,' he told My Daily.

'I'm not good at expressing my feelings but I'd quietly settle everything for my other half.'

In reel life, Hae Jin has found a new lover in doe-eyed babe Han Hyo Joo in the highly-rated family drama High As The Sky, Wide As The Earth. It just ended its eight-month run on KBS World (StarHub Ch 100) last week.

He plays a rebellious but kind-hearted adopted son who falls for his childhood friend (Hyo Joo of Spring Waltz fame).

Hyo Joo joked during a press conference that some people around them tried to matchmake them because they resemble each other.

Hae Jin's response: 'I also think we look alike, but Han Hyo Joo's face is too small, I don't want to be too much like her.'

Given his good guy image, it is no wonder that Hae Jin, a second-year student at Seoul Institute Of Arts, has been appointed the anti-smoking ambassador this year.

Even fans from Japan are smitten, and he is surprised that they visit his management company's office to leave presents and letters for him.

One particular fan left a deep impression.

He said she was ill and bedridden, but still wrote him a letter in broken Korean.

'She wrote that she likes to see me smile, it gives her courage. It's satisfying to know that I can help a fan on the sick bed.'

The first 20 episodes of Famous Princesses are out on VCD here, and the other 60 will be released later by InnoForm Media.

Guest kdramafanusa

* Yeon Jung-hoon *

DOB: November 06, 1978

HEIGHT: 182cm

WEIGHT: 70kg

EDUCATION: Myonji Graduate Manufactured Goods Design

TV SERIES:

Sad Sonata / Sad Love Story (2005, MBC),

Love Is All Around (2004, MBC),

Snow White (2004, KBS),

Rosemary (2003, KBS),

Yellow Handkerchief (2003, KBS), ...

FEATURE FILMS:

"Daddy Long Legs" (2005)

"Love In Magic" (2005)

Sweet Dreams

Official Homepage: http://cafe.star-k.co.kr/YJH/

M0020080_lovemagic_15[H585-].jpg

[photo credit: Cine21]

Source: Arirang Showbiz Extra > Star Focus

A Soft smile that can put your mind at ease...

that's the ultimate charm of actor Yeon Jung-hoon!

Name: Yeon Jung-hoon

Physique/Blood type: 180cm/72kg

Education: Master's Degree at Myungji Graduate School of Manufactured Goods Design

TV Series: Lucky Heung-bu Family, Yellow Handkerchief, The Snow White, Love is All Around, A Sad Love Story, East of Eden

Movies: Daddy-Long-Legs, Love in Magic, My Wife is a Gangster

Awards: New Artist of the Year at the 2003 KBS Acting Awards

20081008.jpg

A soft smile that can put your mind at ease... that's the ultimate charm of actor Yeon Jung-hoon, and you'll get your fill of that charming smile today on Star Focus!

He returns with a TV drama after three long years - here's Yeon Jung-hoon!

The TV drama, East of Eden, is Yeon Jung-hoon's first production after the end of his required military service, so he's been putting in that extra effort.

He lost weight for his part, and gave the script all his attention.

East of Eden is not only Yeon Jung-hoon's "return to fame," it's also Song Seung-hun's comeback drama, too! The A-list cast also includes Lee Da-hae, Han Ji-hye, and Lee Yeon-hee.

Yeon's performance has become much more expressive since three years ago. His glossy, perfect image has changed, too. This drama marks the second stage in his acting career.

He promises to bring as much diversity to his acting as Johnny Depp.

This actor's one of the lucky ones. Just a slight change in his expressions allow him to be sweet and innocent one minute - and flirty, the next!

That's why audiences love to watch him in action.

So, what did the actor think his "ultimate charm" was?

In 2003, Yeon Jung-hoon met actress Han Ga-in as a co-star in the TV drama, Yellow Handkerchief, and THAT was the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

After two years, they finally tied the knot!

So... it wasn't surprising to hear Which production he found to be most important.

Time flies and already NINE years had passed since his debut.

In the beginning, Yeon was more well-known as "the son of a famous actor," but now, he had definitely come into his own, and out of the shadow of his father.

Yeon Jung-hoon's Hallyu fame came in 2005, after co-starring with Kwon Sang-woo and Kim Hee-sun in the TV drama, A Sad Love Story.

Even his current piece, East of Eden, was already seeing some of that "Hallyu fame"!

His easy-going portrayals of a wide array of character-types has placed Yeon Jung-hoon squarely in the hearts of many viewers nationwide, and some overseas!

He has a passion for acting and it's apparent in his performances, but also the foundation for his career.

Yeon Jung-hoon's comeback production after a long couple years in the military - ! His strong character captivates audiences, and the public eagerly awaits the subsequent future of Yeon Jung-hoon's career in acting.

Visit his official site! http://cafe.star-k.co.kr/YJH

08:13 clip (english-subbed)

http://www.arirang.co.kr/TV2/Star_Focus.as...g&Nowpage=1

Guest kdramafanusa

Whatever happened to City of God, anyway??

Don't know why, it guess it just didn't follow through; it was supposed to be written by the writer of "Autumn Fairy Tale" (my favorite k-drama).

Last year, he was also linked to a Turkish-Korean drama called "Persona" (Lee Seo-jin & Kim Myeong-min were originally tied to it a few years ago too).

-----

Source: Dramabeans

Song Seung Heon on the prowl for his next drama

Nov 1st, 2007 by javabeans

Top Hallyu star Song Seung Heon completed his mandatory military service some time ago but hasn’t been seen in a project yet. The man’s popularity was so high that producers and broacasting companies were scrambling in anticipation of his release to nab him for his first post-army job, which was just as eagerly awaited by his legions of fans, a large contingent of which comes from Japan.

And who can blame the fans? The guy IS pretty. Really, really pretty. I don’t think his acting’s exceptional but he’s still really, really, really pretty. (His picture is in one of my headers and I always think he looks like an android straight out of A.I. (Artificial Intelligence, not Idol), such is the prettiness of his sculpted face.)

Anyway. So he’s currently filming a movie, but the broadcast stations are angling to be home to his next drama project. Presently he’s deciding between the lures of KBS or SBS (what happened to MBC?). Of the projects he’s deciding between is the KBS2 series to air next March, Persona, a joint Korea-Turkey noir drama that plans to also license broadcast rights in Europe.

On the other hand, he’s got a project to consider at SBS, working with the PD of the recent megahit drama War of Money, who can’t reveal anything about the drama just yet.

Song Seung Heon has worked with both stations in the past, appearing in KBS’s dramas Summer Scent and Autumn Fairy Tale, as well as SBS’s Law Firm and Popcorn.

Source: Edaily

-----

Guest t3nnisgal_85

* Park Hae-jin *

DOB: May 1, 1983

HEIGHT: 185cm

TV DRAMAS: "As Much As Heaven And Earth / High As The Sky Wide As The Earth" (2007, KBS1), "The Infamous Chill Sisters" (2006, KBS2)

2007040414541333938_1.jpg

2008010100052571969_1.jpg

^ Winner of "Outstanding Performance for an Actor in a Daily Drama" at KBS Drama Awards 2007 for "As Much As Heaven & Earth"

[Photo Credit: starnews]

---

Source: The Electric New Paper Show

Is he the NEXT Bae Yong Joon?

Meet Park Hae Jin, the hottest newbie in Korea this year

By Chang May Choon

September 04, 2007

SOME call him 'little man', while others say 'soon jeong nam (Korean for pure-hearted guy).'

NP_SHOWTIME_1_CURRENT_HALL03_8.jpg

Park Hae Jin has the same sunny smile and nature as Bae Yong Joon.

Yet others think that his sunshine smile and gentlemanly charm can make him the next Bae Yong Joon.

Say annyeong (Korean for hi) to Park Hae Jin, 24, the hottest newcomer in Korea in the past year and breakout star of the popular family drama serial Famous Princesses.

Until 2004, he was just a regular guy living in the southern seaside town of Pusan. He graduated from high school and worked in a factory before starting a small restaurant and clothing store.

But a trip to Seoul changed his life.

The 1.85m-tall heart-throb was spotted by his current manager while shopping in Gangnam, and he decided on the spot to grab the opportunity of his lifetime.

Now, Hae Jin is best known for his role as the younger beau of Lee Tae Ran's character in his debut drama Famous Princesses, shown in Korea last year.

She plays a 28-year-old military officer, and he, a 24-year-old national serviceman under her charge who falls in love with her. He takes it upon himself to be her guardian angel, even after he is discharged from army.

The drama surpassed the 40 rating mark and was the third most-watched title in Korea last year after Ju Mong and The Bizarre Bunch.

Fans raved about Hae Jin's sweet romantic ways in the serial - like giving Tae Ran chocolate when she's moody and digging a drain outside her tent when it rains during a jungle exercise.

Last September, his was the most searched name on Korean search engine Naver, reported Chosun Ilbo.

Hae Jin went on to win the New Actor Award and Best Couple Award with Tae Ran at the KBS (Korean Broadcasting System) Awards last year, followed by Best New Actor at the prestigious 43rd Baeksang Awards in April this year.

When reporters asked if he feels hurt to be constantly labelled the 'little man', he said: 'No matter what, I'm very happy that people remember me. My grandmother still calls (veteran actor) Mr Choi Min Soo (by his screen nickname) 'big feet'.'

After all, Hae Jin admitted to dating older woman in real life on a variety show early this year.

'Once I dated a girl four years older than me and I didn't kiss her for three months. It must have made her worried,' he joked.

'But I've also kissed a girl after going out for three days, and she was older than me too.'

It's not easy to win this bachelor's heart though, for he professes to be an 'aloof, conservative and traditional Pusan man'.

HE LIKES QUIET GIRLS

He prefers quiet and introverted girls.

'With my ex-girlfriends, I didn't like them to wear miniskirts or anything too revealing, because I'd feel unhappy if other men stare at them,' he told My Daily.

'I'm not good at expressing my feelings but I'd quietly settle everything for my other half.'

In reel life, Hae Jin has found a new lover in doe-eyed babe Han Hyo Joo in the highly-rated family drama High As The Sky, Wide As The Earth. It just ended its eight-month run on KBS World (StarHub Ch 100) last week.

He plays a rebellious but kind-hearted adopted son who falls for his childhood friend (Hyo Joo of Spring Waltz fame).

Hyo Joo joked during a press conference that some people around them tried to matchmake them because they resemble each other.

Hae Jin's response: 'I also think we look alike, but Han Hyo Joo's face is too small, I don't want to be too much like her.'

Given his good guy image, it is no wonder that Hae Jin, a second-year student at Seoul Institute Of Arts, has been appointed the anti-smoking ambassador this year.

Even fans from Japan are smitten, and he is surprised that they visit his management company's office to leave presents and letters for him.

One particular fan left a deep impression.

He said she was ill and bedridden, but still wrote him a letter in broken Korean.

'She wrote that she likes to see me smile, it gives her courage. It's satisfying to know that I can help a fan on the sick bed.'

The first 20 episodes of Famous Princesses are out on VCD here, and the other 60 will be released later by InnoForm Media.

Thank You so much. REally Thanks :rolleyes:

I have so much trouble looking for more information about him. It seem so hard to find about Park Hae Jin especially because I do not understand korean.

I like this guy because of Seven Princesses and I think he did such a great job portraying his role. He did a great job playing a couple with Lee Tae Ran too. For a first, I feel that age did not matter in love.

Looking forward TO Park Hae Jin's performance in East of Eden and hope you can post more info about him or please give me links to information about him or videos or whatever. Thank you so much!

Is there a forum for Park Hae Jin?

Archived