What Is The Saddest Korean Drama You've Ever Watched?

Guest webmagine

Guest sekangel88

For me, it was Sorry I love you too. I haven't been able to find anything sadder than that. Although A millionaire's first love was pretty sad. It's really tragic when he finds love only to die like that. It's a real tear jerker and shows what true love is like and how much it hurts.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest biruscorpio

I think it is Snow queen . it is so sad when tae woong had 2 beloved people leaving him . when bo ra left him . i cried like crazy la .

Guest Peppermint`Seed

I know the typical k-drama is just like sadness all around, but the ones that actually made me tear up or want to cry were:

-Hong Gil Dong

-A Millionaire's First Love (movie)

-Damo (complete tragedy)

-Snow Queen

Guest queeniemore

Autumn Tale - got me cried in the childhood part, love this story :(:tears:

Snow Queen - love this one, got me cried at the end when Huyn Bin cried,

but there are many funny moments overall, very well balanced :tears::(:lol::D:(

I'm sorry I love you and Stairway to heaven - real tearjeakers but i don't like them though :tears: :tears:

Winter Sonate and Sad love story - sad? Yes but didn't get me cried at all

Guest punhee

For me, It'll be "Sangdoo, let's go to school". It's a sad film that would make you cry TT_TT

"Sorry I love you" and "Snow queen" are good choice, too

Guest xx-outsider-xx

I’m not sure which is THE saddest kdrama, but the dramas below left me feeling empty when they were over; there’s a hollow in my heart. Not to forget, I cried buckets while watching…

-Sangdoo, Let’s Go to School: Rain was soooo good in this. Made his acting in Full House seemed amateurish. His performance in A Love to Kill was just as good. It was sad too. I love the first 8 episodes, but the last 8 was just sad, sad, sad, depressing, depressing, depressing, and repetitive that it lost its charms. It’s a very sad story though, just thought they didn’t have to drag for 8 episodes for the conclusion. Otherwise it could have been one awesome sad story. But Sang doo is different. It’s funny and hilarious, yet heartbreaking and such a tearjerker. You cry even when you laugh out loud. It’s that kind of drama.

- I’m sorry I Love You: I thought this was a breakthrough performance by So Ji Sub. He was always a good actor, but this one really made him THE actor for me. And he never fails to impress me after that. He made even stupid story (Read: Cain & Abel) good because of his awesome and effortless acting. If there’s one thing I hate, it’s the ending. I’m not a fan of suicide.

-Emperor of the Sea: I discovered my love for SIK in this drama. He shines throughout. I remember pausing at episode 4 just to cry my heart out after the scene when SIK’s character spoke to Soo Ae’s character for the first time. Others may find it odd coz nothing tragic really happened yet, but I felt for SIK’s character since day 1, his silent love for Soo Ae’s character, admiring and caring from afar. And when he was given a chance to finally talk to her, I just could feel how important that moment was to him. It’s bittersweet. I guess I really have to thank the director for having that scene so beautifully done that it has such great impact on me. Or maybe I’m just weird. Lol.

-Terms of Endearment: I cried so much watching this series I think I might have got a terrible headache. It was mad sad and simply maddening. And I think Han Ga In looks prettiest in this drama. The sister’s story with her mother-in-law and husband and son just made me want to pull my hair. And of course, you just have to feel sad and pity towards Ji Sung’s character. And again, SIK is awesome in this. I thought I read somewhere that says SIK got his role in emperor of the sea because of his performance in Terms of Endearment. Dunno how true that bit of info is. I watched Emperor of the sea first, charmed by his acting, and went looking for his other series and found ToE.

-Hong Gil Dong: It’s started out really hilarious and fun, and I never expected it to turn out to be pretty darn sad. The ending just mad it even sadder. In a way, it was bittersweet. This is pretty recent, so I do remember how hollow I felt after finishing this series. Kudos to the director for one of the most beautifully shot ending scenes.

-The Perfect Neighbor: This one definitely doesn’t have the ridiculously sad and depressing ending (I actually luuurvee the ending), but the story throughout does make me feel sad and feel for the characters. The story was nicely written, with perfect execution and superb acting. And that is very refreshing, especially after you’ve watched a string of clichés and poorly-produced series. And its OST is simply one of the best!

As an afterthought, can I add Boys Before Flowers? haha. just kidding. But honestly, this drama really makes me sad and depressed coz of the poor production. I was sooo disappointed I could cry.

Hmmm... What happened in bali? It's tragic. I fell in love with Ha Jiwon, Jo Insung in that drama and once again i fell in love with So Ji Sub after Sorry, i love you.

I thought MISA was tragic enough but what happened in bali's ending really left a scar on my heart and i'm not even exaggerating, haha.

It may not be everyone's cup of tea but Que Sera Sera happened to remind me of WHIB although QSS's ending don't strike me as much as WHIB.

---Caroline

Guest prettyyplease

The saddest I've watched so far is,

Autumn Tale - This was the first korean drama I've ever watched (a long time ago) so I wasn't familiar wtih all these sad endings. I was bawling my eyes out from the start especially at the end. I watched it at my cousin's place and I think I got really into it so after watching the last eps, I was crying while walking to my house lmao. Didn't recover for a while.

Stairway to Heaven - This was a sad one too. The first episode makes you cry already. Well done to Park Shin Hye. The ending was sort of similar to Autumn Tale. I kind of anticipated what was gonna happen already so didn't cry as much.

Tree of Heaven was a tear jerker too.

• 1 month later...
Guest zzola1003

looks like sorry i love you with so ji sub voted as the saddest drama. Havent watch that .. but now i am going to look for the dvd. Wow, i am just sooooo into sad love story.

• 4 weeks later...

I think East of Ededn wins for me cuz I cried probably fifty hours straight of the 56 hours there are to watching it...SSH actinf is superb....I cried like a mofo in the beginning though during the father's funeral...man what's up with koreans and their tragedies...seriously....i love it though...

MISA was sad too, especially when he's eating the ramen made by his mom...That made be cry really hard too....

Archived