What Is The Saddest Korean Drama You've Ever Watched?

Guest webmagine

I thought Stairway to Heaven and Autumn in my Heart was the saddest korean drama I've ever watched.

I cried in like every episode, it was just so sad. I used up like the whole box of tissue.

exactly what i was gonna say :) stairway to heaven and autumn in my heart are the saddest drama i've ever seen ><

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest baby1talk

"I'm Sorry I Love You," OWNS all other sad dramas.

I'm a guy and it takes A LOT to make my eyes leak, but this drama did it!

All the other dramas many mentioned (Like "Stariway to Heaven" or "Autumn in My Heart") were also sad, but I think that those were way too typical, no interesting plot twists or development at all. With those dramas, you knew EXACTLY what was going to happen. They try to make you believe the girl will live, and then well...Kill her off. "MISA" didn't do that, they never made it seem like he was going to live, and the twists were done really well. It's a bit outdated now being four years old, but to this day, I still don't think that any dramas have met that bar. There's a reason why "MISA" was so critically acclaimed as opposed to those other tragic, but typical and predictable dramas.

I haven't seen many dramas (less than ten?), but "MISA" is definitely the saddest and BEST drama I've ever seen :D. Not to mention, the OST was brilliant.

This series has been on my " to watch list" for a while, but haven't got the chance yet. I think I'm ready to bawl my eyes out now.

Guest LolitaMan

"I'm Sorry I Love You," OWNS all other sad dramas.

I'm a guy and it takes A LOT to make my eyes leak, but this drama did it!

All the other dramas many mentioned (Like "Stariway to Heaven" or "Autumn in My Heart") were also sad, but I think that those were way too typical, no interesting plot twists or development at all. With those dramas, you knew EXACTLY what was going to happen. They try to make you believe the girl will live, and then well...Kill her off. "MISA" didn't do that, they never made it seem like he was going to live, and the twists were done really well. It's a bit outdated now being four years old, but to this day, I still don't think that any dramas have met that bar. There's a reason why "MISA" was so critically acclaimed as opposed to those other tragic, but typical and predictable dramas.

I haven't seen many dramas (less than ten?), but "MISA" is definitely the saddest and BEST drama I've ever seen :D. Not to mention, the OST was brilliant.

I'm a guy too and I agree with everything you said. It left me depressed for weeks.

This series has been on my " to watch list" for a while, but haven't got the chance yet. I think I'm ready to bawl my eyes out now.

Yeah you don't know what you've been missing. :)

Guest xXJaeJoongSarangXx

i agree with kong89 :)

after i watched MISA i cant take other drama already but i really hope there is a drama that can be as good as misa but sadly there isnt any! i tried IJUKSA ! it was so................... mini cooper compared to misa lol

• 3 weeks later...

A Rosy Life ...hands down.

and also

MISA & Glass Slippers

I agree MISA and Glass Slipper. I still watch MISA when I need a good cry and the theme song - Korean version of Yuki no Hana is still in my mp3. And both starring So Ji Sub, one of my favourite actors.

Watching A Rosy Life now on KBS World.

Sad Love Song - Who wouldn't cry with this one? :)

A Rosy Life - During the last episodes..me and my mom were watching this together and we can't look at each other because of embarrassment. We were crying like hell! :)

Spring Day - I cried here because I feel foe Ji Jin Hee's character. :(

I'm a guy too and I agree with everything you said. It left me depressed for weeks.

Yeah you don't know what you've been missing. :)

Now I'm curious about this drama. I just took a peek at the final episode a while ago and it seems promising... :blush:

Guest meyyale

absolutely Emperor of the Sea (Haeshin/Sea God)

It made me cried like a river for Jang Bo Go and Jang hwa and Yeum Jang whenever I watched...

and some episodes of Prince Jumong 'coz Lady Yesoya and Jumong were seperated so long...

Guest Licky27

For me, the saddest ever is a Japanese Drama called: One Liter of TEARS. omg T_T!!!

Chinese Drama: Silence T_T <33

Korean Dramas:

1. Autumn Love

2. Four Sisters

3. Snow Queen

4. Stairways to Heaven

Sad but Beauitful <333

Guest xprinessx824

The saddest drama I've ever watch was Stairway to Heaven. I was bawling. I can't stop crying. That has to be the most devasting drama ever.

Guest shannenn

Have to say "Stairway To Heaven"...it was really a tragic drama, never imagine that the story could really makes someone crying...I mean me.... :D:D

Guest Pyoungsang

The saddest drama I've ever seen was probably Moon of Seoul (서울의 달). Even though there were many happy and funny (the art teacher was really funny) parts, the end of really devastating. It haunted me for several days straight after I saw the ending.

Archived