What Is The Saddest Korean Drama You've Ever Watched?

Guest webmagine

1. I'm Sorry I Love You (미안하다 사랑한다)

2. Glass Shoes (유리 구두)

Glass Shoes was the first Korean drama I watched and it got me hooked. MISA, I just finished watching it and it is indeed a tear jerker. So Ji Sup is awesome <3

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sheena0627

It got to be misa aka i am sorry i love you, i cried like 1 box of tissue away

HwangJinYi was quite a tear jerker in some epsiode too.

Guest sabchy

snow queen

cuz I just cant stand seein hyun bin cry... he makes it all soo real

Im sorry I love you is sad too but maybe i was more upset in the end than sad... I just dont respect people who take their own lives

Guest ovette

the saddest for me is MISA. really a tearjerker.

then there were REALLY sad parts in Snow Queen, Fashion 70s and TODAW.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest hye091

1) Deftinely Glass Slipper :tears: (one of the series that makes my family cries when watching)

2) Autumn Fairy Tale

3) Stairway To Heaven

I'M SORRY I LOVE YOU!!!!!

of course!!!! SO JI SUP!!!! one of the best korean actors!!!! he really brought the house down because of his amazing acting skills!!!

i will never forget the expression of his eyes!!!! and the story itself is really good!!! you can feel the pain and the agony of every

character which makes MISA a very sad story.... falling in love and finding someone you can spend your life with knowing that you will die... it really hurts....

a son who is seeking for a mothers love... sssoooo sad........

Absolutely agreed "MISA" is the best Korean drama I have ever seen with an exceptional incredible performance by So Ji Sub made this drama the most memorable sad korean drama......

Guest EnDlEsS88

welll

I AM SORRY I LOVE YOU

THANK YOU

SILENCE

T_T

ive not watched AUTUM IN MY HEART OR SAD LOVE STORY OR STAIR WAY TO HEAVEN ...but i am planing too do soooo

Guest butwal

tree of heaven - i think i cried almost every ep.

misa

autumn in my heart

me too

i cried a lot when i watched tree of heaven

and who won't agree that im sorry i love u is one of the saddest korean drama

Guest vinnna

1. Autumn Tale (known as Endless love, here in Indonesia), make me cry from d'very begin

2. Winter Sonata

3. Wonderful life (when shin bi diagnosed cancer)

4. Stairway to heaven

Guest kongo89

"I'm Sorry I Love You," OWNS all other sad dramas.

I'm a guy and it takes A LOT to make my eyes leak, but this drama did it!

All the other dramas many mentioned (Like "Stariway to Heaven" or "Autumn in My Heart") were also sad, but I think that those were way too typical, no interesting plot twists or development at all. With those dramas, you knew EXACTLY what was going to happen. They try to make you believe the girl will live, and then well...Kill her off. "MISA" didn't do that, they never made it seem like he was going to live, and the twists were done really well. It's a bit outdated now being four years old, but to this day, I still don't think that any dramas have met that bar. There's a reason why "MISA" was so critically acclaimed as opposed to those other tragic, but typical and predictable dramas.

I haven't seen many dramas (less than ten?), but "MISA" is definitely the saddest and BEST drama I've ever seen :D. Not to mention, the OST was brilliant.

Guest marasshi

I'm Sorry, I Love You

The beginning shocked me though. I was like, "Why the john tesh does he die in the beginning?" (Of course he didn't die in the beginning - I've obviously never watched too many Korean dramas.)

Archived