What Is The Saddest Korean Drama You've Ever Watched?

Guest webmagine

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

For me, it's "I'm sorry, I love you"... The plot develops slowly which makes us start to care more about the characters as the story goes. The protagonists act real well, and I think some credits should be given to the awesome soundtrack which makes people get really emotional on certain parts.
Not only it has won many awards that year, I heard there's a Turkish remake aired last year!

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Vaaii

Yeah gotta agree with the majority. Stairway to heaven is a classic and where I feel a lot of the generic drama tropes came from. Too sad!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

New to this forum but I came across this discussion. I have to say that I'm sorry I love you is the saddest I've ever seen. I cried for start to finish. It was too tragic especially knowing the fact that the main would die in the end from the beginning. Seeing him fall in love knowing he was only gonna live for a short time made my heart break. Seeing the woman he loves go crazy knowing that her love did not have much time to live also made my heart break. So ji sub hats off to you coz he brought the character of moo hyuk to life. When he was in pain coz of sickness I almost felt the pain with him, the acting was impeccable. Overall a great drama I will rewatch in the near future

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Joanna Louie

I don't think i've seen any Kdrama that was very sad.  The saddest drama I've seen is a Japanese drama, 1 Litre of Tears.  I cried buckets every episode.

Archived