[MANGA/ANIME] Kimi Ni Todoke (reaching You)

Guest Misao

^

No problem!

Sooo...as I write this, it's already Tuesday. Does anyone know at what time it airs and does anyone know of some website where it will be uploaded? Or subbed? I haven't heard of any groups picking this anime up...:/ (although I'm sure they will soon, since Kimi ni Todoke seems somewhat popular)

But yes, if anyone finds any links to Episode 1, please share! :D

Can't wait for tonight~~ yay!

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So no Kimi ni Todoke sub BUT I found it RAW! <3

Haven't watched it, but can't wait to see the OP and ED and the story! EEEEEEEE!!!

Since we all read the manga, seeing it RAW even if you don't know Japanese won't be so bad. =)

Episode 1:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx-ZpglYq_g

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MF7MOdtxWU

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KajxEg-o-lw

OP and ED: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPmnn26Wnro

And I think it will be download-able here in the future:

http://dragonballclassics.com/kimi-ni-todo...e-episodes-mkv/

Off to watch now! YAY!

I ended up reading the manga while watching the anime since it's pretty much the same thing word for word (almost) so I was able to understand a lot! YAY!

I really loved it. It was really cute! The art is simple and like the manga so I liked that. The OP and ED are really nice too. Anyways, the anime is giving me the love love feeling I get from the manga so I was really happy.

Seeing all the characters was soo cool! Esp. Ryuu! (although he was just in that one scene yawning~ lol) Oh, but Pin hasn't shown up yet! :)

Anyways, super super cute! YAY! Looking forward to the rest and the subbed version =).

Oh yeah, and episode 1 was exactly the same length of the prologue for Kimi ni Todoke, so I think one episode may equal one chapter, esp. since chapters are shorter than the prologue was. And since there are 26 episodes and chapter 26 is a New Years type of chapter, that's probably where this season of the anime will stop. So no ending, but I think more seasons are very likely, right?

Guest goodnessgracious

Yay, the subs are out! But for some reason Sawako's voice annoys me to death :angry: . I imagined it would be different. But I am still happy to see this anime, because I love the manga.

AHHHHH! It was soo much more awesome with subs! Dang! I wish I knew Japanese. I really really got the doki doki feeling this time! :) They subbed it soo fast! Only 2 days! From now on I'm just going to wait for the sub.

^

Thanks for the head's up!!!

I like Sawako's voice. I really wasn't imagining it in any particular way when reading the manga.

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

The anime is practically identical to the manga.

They didn't leave anything out.

Though... the voice for Sawako is pretty ... I don't know, disappointing?

It was too generically sweet for my taste but that's just my opinion.

It didn't match the voice I pictured for her.

Kazahaya, for some reason, something about the way the anime version smiles...

but... he seems like a really sleazy guy in the first half of episode 1.

Does anyone get that vibe? I don't know why.... =/

But the later half, he's sweet and I never knew that the last few lines in Chapter 1 were said from his point of view.

The anime conveyed his feelings alot better.

The manga, for some reason, I never figured that he liked her from day 1, when she pointed out the right direction to school.

Something along the lines of:

"The feelings I had that day have grown stronger. I wonder if one day, these feeling will reach you"

...hence the title.

And it ended at his POV, as he walked away on the first day of school, seeing her smiling face

**heart warms**

Guest ~fantasygurl~

the first episode was exactly like the first chapter and i was really surprise that everything was detailed

and yes imma love this more if they keep it up bcaz most other shoujo anime they diss them

The anime is practically identical to the manga.

They didn't leave anything out.

Though... the voice for Sawako is pretty ... I don't know, disappointing?

It was too generically sweet for my taste but that's just my opinion.

It didn't match the voice I pictured for her.

Kazahaya, for some reason, something about the way the anime version smiles...

but... he seems like a really sleazy guy in the first half of episode 1.

Does anyone get that vibe? I don't know why.... =/

But the later half, he's sweet and I never knew that the last few lines in Chapter 1 were said from his point of view.

The anime conveyed his feelings alot better.

The manga, for some reason, I never figured that he liked her from day 1, when she pointed out the right direction to school.

Something along the lines of:

"The feelings I had that day have grown stronger. I wonder if one day, these feeling will reach you"

...hence the title.

And it ended at his POV, as he walked away on the first day of school, seeing her smiling face

**heart warms**

The last lines of the anime being said by him just killed my heart! I didn't know he was the one speaking either. And just like I suspected later on in the manga, Kazehaya had start liking Sawako a long time before she liked him.

I got the 'sleazy' (lol) vibe only once when he was smiling at Sawako and her middle school friend when they where talking by the window. Besides that, not really really.

But Kazehaya overall isn't the perfect gentleman. He has quite the childish side as well, even if he's nice and fair to everyone. Like in that scene by the window where Kazehaya and Sawako talked properly for the first time and she says she's never hated him, she actually really admires him. In the manga, Kazehaya was thinking, "Actually, I'm really just a pervert most of the time." XD And in the manga, that one time Pin tricks Sawako into closing her eyes in front of Kazehaya and Kazehaya thought Sawako wanted a kiss and then it turned out she was just following Pin's instructions innocently and Kazehaya was surprisingly mad (?) exasparated (?) about it. Understandable real life boy behavior, but not shoujo boy behavior. But Kazehaya is just childish like that sometimes because he's, IMO, inexperienced about love. Like in this first episode, in the woods, when Sawako was staring at him and he became super flustered and told her not to look at him, bent over, and said, "Don't make me say it. It's too embarrassing." But yeah, I wouldn't call Kazehaya sleazy, but he's not the typical suave perfect prince shoujo boy either, which makes it interesting.

Anyways, I really love love the OP song and the ending scene and the ED song! <3 Keeping looking at them over and over! <3

Another part of Episode 1 that just squeezes my heart was when Sawako was walking to school during summer vacation and says, "I...I did the right thing." And while starting to cry she says, "But...I'm still sad. After summer he might not look at me. He may not say 'good morning' anymore. He may stay away from me..." That was just wow~ <3

Guest xdeathberry

Ahh! The first ep was so cute!!

Eh? I liked the voice actors.

I mean.. Sawako sounds like that because she's timid and shy, naturally, I assumed her voice would be like that.

Actually, I thought the cast was pretty well-picked.

Wow. Seeing the story animated in color.. makes it so much more.

If you get what I'm saying. Lol

Guest july-eighth

Ooh a Kimi ni Todoke thread!

I really like this story and the characters...

I was really excited to watch the first episode! The voices really fit in my opinion so far, though I'm curious to see how Hirano Aya will sound as Kurumi... I'm excited to see the eps where Sawako's finally friends with Yano and Chizu!

just came from watching episode 02, its nice when Kazehaya and the two girls somehow defended her by choosing to sit around her. I love how the episodes gives this warm feeling. Can't wait for more.

Yeah! The anime gives me such a big warm feeling all the time!

Kurumi appeared!

And is it just me, but in the manga I didn't realized Kazehaya liked Sawako so much. He seems to like her so much more in the anime. And I think it's one of the first times in shoujo that the guy who is the main love interest likes the girl first. ^o^ Cute!

Guest Autumn1430263885

oh the second episode is out already? i just finished watching the first one!

i thought it was real cute. i loved the ending when kazehaya said 'i wonder when my feelings will reach you' it was really adorable and sweet. i love sweet manga/animes that give you that warm fuzzy feeling >w<

the only problem i had was sawako's voice... i thought it was a bit too breathy. i mean it's okay to have a soft voice but it was just too breathy/raspy >_> other than that i thought the cast was all pretty decent :>

Episode 3 Sub!

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=U31GJVUI

This one was soo awesome! AWESOME! Probably because this was one of my favorite manga chapters as well.

Pin appeared and so did the two other girls (Endo and idk) who Sawako befriends apart from Yano and Yoshida. And you hear Kurumi's voice too. At least for a bit. ^o^

And I like the next episode coming up too!! (at least what happens in the end)

I loved how in this episode Kazehaya is like 'a secret between us' and his shock (and jealousy) over having the whole class see Sawako's true smile. And the note passing! OMG!!! XD

So many things happened in the episode! It was <3 <3 <3!

episode 03 was wonderful except for the appearance of that 'french doll' which signals the start of sawako's problems. Ep 04, I know Yano and Yoshida refuses to believe that the rumours are spread by Sawako, but you can find them doubting it. I hope everything goes well afterwards. I love these two characters.

Archived