[MANGA/ANIME] Kimi Ni Todoke (reaching You)

Guest Misao

marycosplay said:  I start to read Kimi ni todoke this week, hmm,seems it is less interesting than Ao Haru Ride.But I have no idea when the Ao Haru Ride chapter 44 will be out, so I decide to read Kimi ni todoke while waiting for Ao Haru Ride's update.
Kimi Ni Todoke focuses more on discovering and learning Sawako's first love with Shouta. There's no major rivals at love unlike Ao Haru Ride. It's all about watching these two grow their feelings for each other, their insecurities in the relationship along the way, and how they overcome these. 

Both Ao Haru Ride and Kimi Ni Todoke have their fair share of interest for me. In Kimi Ni Todoke, I only get heart thumps and squee moments because that's what the story is about. Discovering first loves. In Ao Haru Ride, there's mixed emotions of heart thumps and frustrations cuz my OTP are still not together. In a way there's balance. If I wanted to go for easy less-drama, less-complicated plots and only looking for sweet reads, I'd go for Kimi Ni Todoke. For more intense drama, there's Ao Haru Ride I can go to. :)

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pisceanreve

I love Kimi ni Todoke! ^^ I just think it's really sweet and it reminded me of Fruits Basket in the way that the protagonist is naive, but her forgiving qualities are endearing and she can help people find goodness in themselves even if they, themselves, may not believe it's there.

Guest marycosplay

13infamyss said: marycosplay said:  I start to read Kimi ni todoke this week, hmm,seems it is less interesting than Ao Haru Ride.But I have no idea when the Ao Haru Ride chapter 44 will be out, so I decide to read Kimi ni todoke while waiting for Ao Haru Ride's update.

^Awww Ayane :) It's sad that she's like the most popular one in the group and had more experience in having boyfriends and all that, but deep down, she's still looking for that someone who'll make her heart race too T___T
I haven't read any recent chapters lately, as I only wait for the books to come out here in North America, but from what I read so far, it seems like she's stuck with Kent and wants to get out of that relationship. hmmmff. Honestly Kent suffocates me too.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived