Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

I am looking for this drama, Punch because I read the below review found in Shin Min-ah thread. Not sure if this is the same the one sold in Hong Kong called "Wrath Boy". Anybody knows? Thanks.

Punch (2003, SBS drama special)

As the title suggests, Punch is a drama about boxing. This drama stars Joo Jin-mo (Musa, Wanee and Junah) and Shin Min-ah (Madeline, Volcano High) as the two main protagonists.

Joo Jin-mo, after a four-year hiatus from drama production, returns to the small screen as charismatic boxer Lee Han-sae. An interesting character, Lee Han-sae is perceived as a playboy by others who do not know him personally. A nightclub king at night (he's the manager of a nightclub) and a college dropout, Lee Han-sae does take his boxing training seriously. In fact, he was so good that he managed to win a boxing title.

This could be said to be where the story picks up. Shin Min-ah plays Jang Yoo-bin, the sister of an inspiring boxer named Jang Yoo-chul who rivals the skill of Lee Han-sae. However, during the final boxing match, where the two are pitted against each other, Lee Han-sae wins the match, with Yoo-chul dying of complications from his injuries. Then, by some twist of fate, Han-sae and Yoo-bin fall in love with each other until one day, she realizes that he was the one responsible for her brother's death.

Although the storyline sounds typical and predictable, I felt that this was one of the best dramas I have seen for a long time. Using boxing as a background could be said to provide a breadth of fresh air, instead of utilising the usual parental disapproval as the main reason why they had so many obstacles in their relationship (think Winter Sonata, Romance).

The characters turned in great performances in this show. Joo Jin-mo was fantastic. It was refreshing to see him back on the small google box after seeing him in so many big movie projects. This regular "oppa" (big brother) role seems to be tailored just for him. Shin Min-ah did a good performance too, considering that she's relatively inexperienced in acting except for a few movie projects under her belt. A natural talent, she could be one of the actresses to look out for in the near future.

Sung Shi-kyung, who is more known for his singing abilities than his acting, also had a supporting role in this show. After watching his performance, one might feel that it would be better if he had just stuck to singing. As this was his first foray into acting, his stiff expressions and emotions were quite a pain to watch. Luckily, at the end, the show was still saved by the excellent chemistry between Joo Jin-mo and Shin Min-ah. (Review by Kit Lim)

Guest devylann

u know...after i saw him in "punch" i loved him!!! thought he was sooo cute!! :D and then saw him in 70's...omg!!! wow!!! now..imma watching him in his new drama..."queen of game" or something like that... he's sucha hottie!!! :w00t:

QUOTENot sure if this is the same the one sold in Hong Kong called "Wrath Boy". Anybody knows? Thanks.Don't know for sure, but if they list the actors as Jin Mo and Shin Minah, most likely it will be the same. Punch is also known as Ddae Ryuh. So far, I think the only DVD versions will be the Hong Kong or other asian versions. There is not a Korean version, and judging by how SBS treats their shows and their inattention to subtitle translation, it is just as well. Getting subtitles for this drama has been a long wait, so I'm all for any fan group taking on the project. And new HQ AVIs are definitely required. What was available in the past was MQ of poor quality.

Also watched Puzzle. Interesting and complex... the first flashback left me wondering, but then I realized the story would unfold with a combination of present time and flashback. The story has nothting to do with the promo clips that have been available on the net for some time. And... the DVD is not a 2-disc set as advertised on Yesasia. It is one disc with all the features on a single disc. Someday the Koreans will get it right and start adding English subtitles to the special features. If the Hong Kongers can do it they can too! Ju Jin Mo looks really good in the behind-the-scene interview.

Lots of smoking there, so I have a couple additions to my Smoking Parlor.

http://www.houlengjai.com/smoking.html

since some friend helps with JJM's CFS..here are my hand for u .. :D

a) JJM's song from JWORLD on YSI

jworld_jworld_160.jpg

singer JooJinMo

1.고운 아침에 은밀한 사랑의 속삭임 <--music

-->http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...E9507797F85705D

2 하루가(fashion 70`s 삽입곡)<-One/A Day<--JooJinMo

--> http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...B58D26433F7D1CD

3 전원 <-- musical

--->http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...889E6EC0E1B76AE

4 영원히 내게 <-JooJinMo

-->http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...B3C499137491013

5 외면 <-by JJM

-->http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...B5E51C2460C1721

6 하루가 Piano ver.(Inst.)<-JooJinMo

-->http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...059E76550008425

=========

MV A Day (Fashion 70's)

singer JooJinMo

http://mediafile.paran.com/MEDIA_164618/BL...89084_fa-24.wmv

Hi! I'm a newbie here.

May I ask if anyone could upload JJM's song again please? I've got the second song from daramji* already, but may I have the rest?

This man can sing! now in love with his voice... :P

Thank you! :)

• 2 weeks later...

isnt he in a new movie with kim ah joong??? i think its called it wasnt easy being a beauty??? does anyone have more info on it?? it seems like a good movie...

Guest .alyak_

TAKEN FROM THE PICTURE SECTION...

kmjx3.jpg

km1es0.jpg

km2jy2.jpg

km3uq4.jpg

km4dv2.jpg

km5hq0.jpg

km6iq7.jpg

km7dn9.jpg

km8uh2.jpg

km9yu4.jpg

km10lr0.jpg

He looks so hot! alkjdflkajsdf......

Movie Music Video:

Credits: b +empas+imageshack+suejinners

- Kayla

I read a few pages back that people are looking for Bichunmu with English subs it is availble for sale now. I just got my copy on Christmas Eve (great present to myself) there are 33 eps the subs are good but the show is dubbed in Mandarin. Joo Jin Mo looks fantastic and I can't wait to see all of it. Happy holidays and Happy New Year to everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest .alyak_

hey i was wondering if he actually has an album with those songs in it or does anyone know where i can find it....

There IS actually an album. I just got done looking at Yesasia and i didn't find any results. But i remember some time ago that i saw it there.

I tried searching but its not coming up. Maybe i still have to look it over again. We'll see....

Has anyone seen Puzzle? I still have to watch it. Those pictures of him with the cig is drop dead hot!

I can't miss this movie. Gotta go get it! The movie is not on youtube. And i've been having trouble with clubbox...

So, i guess i'll have to get it. Maybe my dad will get it. The movie is his type of movie!!!

-Kayla.

Guest kdramanut

I just started watching Joo Jin Mo in Queen of the Game. What AMAZING eyes! I can't stop watching him - incredibly intense. I don't know why I never watched Fashion '70s, but I'll be at my local video store tomorrow to start renting that series.

I can't believe I've missed out on this gorgeous actor until now.

Guest .alyak_

I just started watching Joo Jin Mo in Queen of the Game. What AMAZING eyes! I can't stop watching him - incredibly intense. I don't know why I never watched Fashion '70s, but I'll be at my local video store tomorrow to start renting that series.

I can't believe I've missed out on this gorgeous actor until now.

I'm glad you found out about him. :sweatingbullets:

He's gorgeous huh? Gah! WAY TOO gorgeous! He drives you insane huh? ME TOO!! :unsure:

HAHA. I feel like spazzing. I was just on youtube watching videos of him. And came by PUNCH.

Aish, before it didn't hit me this hard. But i want to see the drama like RIGHT NOW! Aish! No stores near me has it.

I so want to see the drama! He looked so young and hot! I love how he looks like in there! Want to see more of him!!!

-Kayla.

omg!!!...i j/got done looking for this thread...and now, its right before my eyes haha...cant believe i missed it lol...

even though "qotg" is not done airing yet...im already anticipating when is he gonna have a new drama...what is it gonna be about...and whos gonna pair up w/him lol...

im sooo in love w/this guy...i didnt even realized it was him in "waj"...or should i say, i didnt even pay attention to him until j/recently...oh well, better now then never haha...

There IS actually an album. I just got done looking at Yesasia and i didn't find any results. But i remember some time ago that i saw it there.

I tried searching but its not coming up. Maybe i still have to look it over again. We'll see....

Has anyone seen Puzzle? I still have to watch it. Those pictures of him with the cig is drop dead hot!

I can't miss this movie. Gotta go get it! The movie is not on youtube. And i've been having trouble with clubbox...

So, i guess i'll have to get it. Maybe my dad will get it. The movie is his type of movie!!!

-Kayla.

please do let me know if u find it.....i want to purchase one too....ive looked through yesasia and found nothing too

I can't miss this movie.

I've seen Puzzle. Quite interesting movie about what a group of thieves do after their plans unrave. Sorta told in flashbacks to link the characters together. I read that it was loosely based on Reservoir Dogs, and then it was like, yeah, could be. The trailers and short sotry that you've most likely seen on the net have nothing to do with the story itself. Sorta like a mini-story with the actors from Puzzle. I bought the DVD and it has some nice special bonus features. Maybe someday the Koreans will start English subtitling the bonus features so that more than Korean speaking people can really enjoy them. Oh yeah... Ju Jin Mo is good in this... so be sure and watch it.

And nothing is drop dead hotter than Happy End...

Guest .alyak_

^ Thank-you for the brief summary and explanition. One day i will see this. ONE DAY!
:sweatingbullets:

Aish. Gotta go see if the next subs are out for Queen of the Game. I've been craving for SJ <3 lol=)

006setjpgqk0.jpg

OH YAH. My net was down for some time. Made some icons. They're not all that special. I still need to learn more tricks!

(pm me if you woud like to use one)

-Kayla