Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

The Best Historical K-Dramas To Watch From Each Time Period

There are plenty of reasons to love Korean historical dramas: sageuks are the perfect mix of royal romances, palace conspiracies, and aesthetic AF robes and scenery. And whether you consider yourself a history geek or not, historical K-dramas are also a great way to gain a little insight into Korea’s fascinating past. Maybe you want to know all about the political conflict surrounding the founding of the Joseon Dynasty, or maybe you just love to watch decorated court ladies and Goryeo princes parade across your screen. Either way, we’ve put together a master list of the best historical K-dramas from each time period. Come take a trip through Korea’s rich history, and see which eras you may want to stop at along the way!

Three Kingdoms of Korea

First up, the Three Kingdoms period refers to the time from 57 BC to 668 AD, when the Korean Peninsula was divided among the ancient kingdoms of Goguryeo, Baekje, and Silla. Each state developed its own unique cultural identity, while testing their borders and alliances with each other.

“Empress Ki”

Empress-Ki-e1535216989827.jpg

Goryeo was required to send tribute to the Mongol Empire, which included shipping young women off to the Yuan Dynasty in China.

Against all odds, one of these women rose from her low class position to become the powerful empress of the Yuan Dynasty. A story of one woman’s ambitions and loves, “Empress Ki” is a unique look at an aspect of Goryeo’s history that reached outside of the kingdom’s borders.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

*** SBS has confirmed Joo Jin Mo will star opposite Han Ye Seul in the drama, "Big Issue" -  I’m excited about this pairing… I miss JJM in the small screen. I'm curious to see what kind of chemistry these two can bring to the table. He will play a photographer and will expose celebrity scandals. I read that the writer is the one behind Yong Pal and The K2.  "Big Issue" is scheduled to air in February. Looking forward to this upcoming drama. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I am a returning fan of Joo Jin Mo.. I don;t know why i forgot about him or stopped watching Korean movies and dramas for many years.. i only just remembered him from watching Empress Ki! I am only at episode12 but i am so rooting for him! 

I am now looking for other movies he starred in years back, but i am not able to find them. Or i can't get access to them. I saw that Happy End is available for streaming on Amazon Prime but because i am not based in the US, I am not able to purchase streaming for that.

Could anyone here advise how i can download (happy to pay) or buy a hard copy of the following movies? 
- Happy End - 1999 

- Gabi - 2012

Thanks so much! 

Regards,

Mavis 

Edited by closetserialaddict

Dramas Coming To Improve The First Half Of Your 2019

The new year is starting off with some exciting drama premieres! There are plenty of great actors, thrilling plots, and more to come, and it looks like we’re in for lots of romance, suspense, fun, and intrigue in 2019.

Check out what dramas are coming up in the first half of the year below!

Please note that titles and premiere dates may change.

“Big Issue”

Joo-Jin-Mo-Han-Ye-Seul.jpg

Starring: Joo Jin Mo, Han Ye Seul

A news photographer named Han Seok Joo (Joo Jin Mo) loses everything, including his job and family, because of one photograph.

He takes a job as a paparazzo after he meets Ji Soo Hyun (Han Ye Seul), an editor-in-chief who’s famous for uncovering celebrity scandals.

“Big Issue” begins airing in February.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• 2 weeks later...

Actor Joo Jin-mo dating doctor

optimize

By Lee Min-young

Actor Joo Jin-mo, 46, is in a relationship with a doctor, 36, according to his agency Huayi Brothers Korea Saturday.

According to media reports, the doctor is Min Hye-yeon, a Seoul National University graduate who specializes in family medicine. But the agency refused to confirm this.

Min has appeared on various health-related TV programs, in which she gained popularity thanks to her attractive appearance. She is often dubbed as "Kim Tae-hee (actress) of the medical world."

The two have reportedly grown close to each other as they share the same hobbies such as fishing.

Joo debuted in 1999 in the film "Dance Dance." Since then, he has appeared in many movies and TV shows, including "200 Pounds Beauty," "Frozen Flower," and "Bad Guys: City of Evil."

His next role is in the TV show "Big issue," a follow-up to "The Last Empress."

credit : Korea Times

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2019 at 8:37 PM, closetserialaddict said:

I don't remember where now but i came across a pre-surgery photo of his current gf when i was going through the news reels online yesterday.  She had double eyelid and jaw reduction surgery done. Also probably downsized nose a bit.

Hi closetserialaddict,  she is 10 years younger. :P

201901121447775573_5c3980eb3b6c0.png

201901121447775573_5c39825984b25.jpg

_________________________________________________________________________________

[Cast Update] Cast Updated for the Upcoming Korean Drama "Big Issue"

photo1035281.jpg

Cast updated for the upcoming Korean drama "Big Issue" (2019)

Directed by Lee Dong-hun

Written by Jang Hyeok-rin

Network : SBS

With Han Ye-seul, Joo Jin-mo, Shin So-yul, Choi Song-hyun, Kim Dong-gyoon, Kim Gyu-sun,... More

Wed, Thu 22:00 (2x35min episodes per day)
Synopsis
"Big Issue" is a story exploring paparazzi media. It's about a man who lost his job and family due to one photo, and about a notorious paparazzi editor-in-chief.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2019/03/06

Source : /www.hancinema.net/ko...

Joo Jin Mo, Han Ye Seul, And More Show Passion At Script Reading Of “Big Issue”

3f7f97249e2e4152a2679bb584d423ea.jpeg?s=

SBS’s upcoming drama “Big Issue” has shared some photos from their script reading!

The reading took place on December 17, 2018 with the full cast including Joo Jin Mo, Han Ye Seul, Shin So Yul, Choi Song Hyun, Song Kyung Chul, and Oh Kwang Rok, as well as director Lee Dong Hoon and writer Jang Hyuk Rin.

“Big Issue” will tell the story about a man who turns his life around from being an alcoholic homeless person to an elite photo journalist to find the cure for his sick daughter, and a heartless chief editor who uses her connections to reveal all sorts of celebrity scandals.

Joo Jin Mo was previously confirmed to take on the role of the photo journalist Han Seok Jo, and Han Ye Seul will play Ji Soo Hyun, the cold-hearted editor-in-chief at Sunday Report.

Joo-Jin-Mo-Han-Ye-Seul-Choi-Song-Hyun-Sh

At the script reading, Joo Jin Mo was able to portray the extreme life-or-death situation his character goes through with his perfectly-controlled facial expressions. On the other hand, Han Ye Seul exuded much charisma as a chic, professional career woman and left people at the script reading in awe.

Joining the main actors is Shin So Yul. As the actress is returning to SBS for the first time in a year, she showed her determination and readiness to fully transform into her character as a journalist at Han Ye Seul’s news company, Sunday Report.

Choi Song Hyun, who will be making her first drama return in three years, will take on the role of Bae Min Jung. She is the wife of Han Seok Joo (Joo Jin Mo) who ruthlessly asks for a divorce once her husband faces a crisis due to an unfortunate incident.

On the other hand, Song Kyung Chul will act as Doo Chul, the leader of the neighborhood alley in Seoul Station. Last but not least, Oh Kwang Rok will appear as a homeless man who calls himself a doctor.

The production team said, “‘Big Issue’ plans to showcase the exciting work of paparazzi that will remind [viewers] of spies at war.

Please look forward to seeing a new and exciting genre that conveys the style of caper films.”

Check out a video of their script reading below!

“Big Issue” will premiere on March 6, and it will also be available on Viki!

Source (1) / soompi news

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*** Oh..............I stand corrected - This drama  premiered on March 6, which was last night.  The pilot recorded viewership ratings of 4.1 and 4.8 percent. These are quite low figures but, I hope it will still increase as the EP progresses & will get a double-digit figure for its ratings later on. :o

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Mar. 4-10, 2019

dramaratings_2.jpg

"Big Issue" jusr premiered — come in with average numbers.

Wednesday, Mar. 6      
What’s Wrong Mr. Poong-sang 33 KBS 15.2%
What’s Wrong Mr. Poong-sang 34 KBS 18.1%
Spring Must Be Coming 21 MBC 2.9%
Spring Must Be Coming 22 MBC 3.3%
Big Issue 1 SBS 4.1%
Big Issue 2 SBS 4.8%
Possessed 1 OCN 1.6%
Reach of Sincerity 9 tvN 3.7%
Thursday, Mar. 7      
What’s Wrong Mr. Poong-sang 35 KBS 18.5%
What’s Wrong Mr. Poong-sang 36 KBS 20.4%
Spring Must Be Coming 23 MBC 2.7%
Spring Must Be Coming 24 MBC 3.0%
Big Issue 3 SBS 3.7%
Big Issue 4 SBS 4.1%
Possessed 2 OCN 2.6%
Reach of Sincerity 10 tvN 3.9%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/03/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-mar-4-10-2019/

Two new dramas, 'Possessed' and 'Big Issue,' soar on weekly TV chart

SEOUL, March 13 (Yonhap) -- Two new semiweekly drama series soared to take positions No. 2 and No. 3 on the weekly TV program chart in their debut on the small screen last week, data showed Wednesday.

"Possessed," a Wednesday-Thursday series by cable channel OCN that started last week, garnered a Content Power Index (CPI) score of 249.8 for the week of Feb. 4-10, landing on the weekly TV chart at No. 2, according to the chart data released by CJ ENM and Nielsen Korea.

SBS' new drama series with 36 episodes, "Big Issue," debuted on the chart as No. 3, garnering a CPI score of 241.2 in its first week of screening.

"Big Issue," also a Wednesday-Thursday series starring Ju Jin-mo and Han Ye-seul, sheds light on the much-explored inner story of the media industry, but freshly from the standpoint of paparazzi photographers.

They go the length of risking their lives to capture secret scenes involving gambling, drug use and sex in the vortex of fierce media competition. It is Ju's first appearance on the small screen after a long hiatus.

Han effectively uses her fashion sense and charm to personify a stylish, cold-blooded chief editor of a media company.

AEN20190313004300315_01_i_P4.jpg

The CPI, created by CJ ENM and Nielsen Korea, measures the level of popularity, social media presence and influence on consumer behavior of entertainment TV programs aired on the three major terrestrial networks -- MBC, SBS and KBS -- and the seven cable channels owned by CJ ENM, including tvN, Mnet and OCN, during prime time.

JTBC, another cable network that airs some highly popular entertainment shows and dramas, is not included in the measurement.

(skipped unrelated.....)

pbr@yna.co.kr

credit : Yonhap News
(END)

10 Most Talked About Airing Dramas On 1st Week Of March

On Mar. 11, Good Data Corporation released their weekly ranking of the most talked about airing dramas for the first week of March.

The data are collected from the netizen’s reactions to online news, community, Social Media and videos.

1- “My Only One”

2- “The Crowned Clown

3- Romance is a Bonus Book

4- “Liver Or Die”

5- “Dazzling

6- “The Fiery Priest” 

7- “Touch Your Heart

8- “Big Issue”

9- “He is Psychometric

10- “Haechi

most talked about drama korea

Good Data Corporation

“Big Issue” and “He is Psychometric” entered the ranking this week. The list does not show much change since last week. “My Only One” and “Romance is a Bonus Book“ staid in the top 3.

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/10-most-talked-about-airing-dramas-on-1st-week-of-march/

10 Most Talked About Actors On 1st Week Of March

10-most-talked-actor-march-2019-cover.jp

On Mar. 11, Good Data Corporation released their weekly ranking of the most talked about actors/actresses of the airing dramas for the first week of March.

The data are collected from the netizen’s reactions to online news, community, Social Media and videos.

1- “My Only One” – Choi SooJong

2-  “Romance is a Bonus Book” – Lee NaYoung

3-Touch Your Heart” – Yoo InNa

4- Touch Your Heart” – Lee DongWook

5- “Romance is a Bonus Book” – Lee JongSuk

6- “Big Issue” – Han YeSeul

7- “The Crowned Clown“ – Yeo JinGoo

8- “The Fiery Priest” – Kim NamGil

9- “My Only One” – UEE

10- “Big Issue” – Joo JinMo

most talked about actors korea

Good Data Corporation

“Big Issue” actors entered the ranking as the drama started. Main actors of “Romance is a Bonus Book”, “Touch Your Heart” and “My Only One” kept their high rank. Also, none of the actors from Dazzling(Nam JooHyuk, Han JiMin, Kim HyeJa, and Son HoJun) are in the ranking.

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/10-most-talked-about-actors-on-1st-week-of-march/

K-Drama Premiere: “Big Issue” Buzzes With Swift Narrative About Paparazzi World

FPa1551747154305-600.jpg?resize=600,400&

Streaking on a fast paced tone, Big Issue coincidentally makes its paparazzi premiere at the time when the Korean entertainment world is currently ablaze with scandals.

Neat and smart were my first impressions on Big Issue. Top-billed by reliable actors known for excellent portrayals, Han Ye Seul and Joo Jin Moo are forces to reckon in their new series.

Premiere Week Rating: 4.5.gif?resize=80%2C16&ssl=1

Premiere Week Recap

Both working in the media industry, the fates of Ji Soo Hyun (Han Ye Seul) and Han Seok Joo (Joo Jin Moo) intertwine when the latter scoops a photo involving a top actress and a vile doctor.

Seok Joo, who is pressed on keeping a permanent job because of his sickly daughter, secretly takes photos of high-profile people.

Working on a case about a doctor’s illegal stem cell treatment, he stumbles on Doctor Kim’s heinous act of raping an unconscious top actress who received the treatment.

Refusing Doctor Kim’s offer to give treatment to his daughter, Seok Joo convinces his wife to trust that there is a better way to work things out. Nara News secures an instant success with its exclusive.

Meanwhile Ji Soo Hyun, a journalist from an online media company, hits another rough spot with her editor. She heads to where the media people are camping to score some items she can work on for her news.

But working for online news website is not as “reliable” compared to the established news company. After being ridiculed by her former colleague, she heads to a park to tone down her silent rage. Just then, she receives a call from Dr. Kim. She heads to where he is hiding and wanting to change her life, she agrees to his request.

Bringing a note to the actress whom Dr. Kim is involved with, Soo Hyun scoops in a news that made the actress affirm her relationship with the doctor. She adds how Seok Joo, the Nara news reporter, invaded their privacy.

The intertwined lives

Flash forward to a few years when the two meet again. Soo Hyun is now the editor-in-chief of paparazzi news company. Clad with chic clothes and stilettos, she rides a train bound somewhere.

Meanwhile, in a subway, bums are alerted of a police raid. One of them turns out to be Seok Joo. He runs for his life and is let in by Soo Hyun who rides a train with intention to get information on an idol’s gambling activity. However, her photographer meets an accident. Thinking fast, she offers him a job to take pictures recognizing his identity. But he cuts a deal for her to track his family so she can get her photo.

Big Issue

Spoiler

Successfully capturing photos, Seok Joo brawls with the idol’s bodyguard so he ends up letting go of the train, and falls down on a river. Saved by old men, he is rushed to the hospital.

Back at Soo Hyun’s office, former idol Kang Shin Woo (Danny Ahn) meets with Soo Hyun and her boss. The latter recognizes the ace card that her rival has and gets a picture of Seok Joo’s survival.

Finally cornered by Shin Woo’s men in the hospital, Seok Joo gives the camera for money. Then he heads to Soo Hyun’s office to meet her. Inside his stapled open wound, he gets the memory card of the camera to get the location of his family.

Big Issue

Premiere Week Afterthoughts

Stories set in the media industry is always entertaining to watch for me. Han Ye Seul and Joo Jin Moo look keen in owning their smart characters. Watching this series will give us a glimpse of Korea’s paparrazi press which we are all aware of.

Seeing the perspective of stalker-press who usually feeds on celebrities’ lives will help us get a clearer picture of its dynamic relationship to their celebrity preys.

The unveiling of Soo Hyun and Seok Joo’s connection, and how they will work on the strength-draining jobs are what I am most curious about. Based on the premise, it will take those small-sided problem plot with one big conflict connecting all of it. But the flow will focus more on its main characters. And I think it is a wise move because the main leads are known in picking projects that propel distinct characters.

More so, it does not seem to thread on frustrating parade of problems. Given the chosen setting is already complicated, the gesture is greatly appreciated.

Big Issue airs on SBS every Wednesday and Thursday.

Big Issue

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Hellokpop

Spoiler