Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

*** MBC’s new TV drama “Woman With a Suitcase” premiered Monday, and within two episodes it has already managed to overtake the drama “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo.” According to Nielsen Korea, the second episode of “Woman with a Suitcase” scored 8.4 percent viewership, while “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo” only garnered 7.5 percent. :phew:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

“Woman With A Suitcase” Rises In Popularity And Viewership Ratings

woman with a suitcase

MBC’s “Woman With a Suitcase” (written by Kwon Eum Mi and directed by Kang Dae Sun and Lee Jae Jin) has been rising in popularity ever since it aired its first episode on September 26.

Audiences appear to be drawn to the drama’s unique take on the world of law and lawyers, Choi Ji Woo and Joo Jin Mo’s romantic comedy, and strong storylines like the mystery of the homeless girl.

As a result, the October 11 episode jumped to 9.6 percent in viewership ratings, a rise of 1.4 percent from the last episode. In the metropolitan area, the drama recorded as high as 10.7 percent, its highest rating so far.

In the episode, the entire Golden Tree office worked together to win the case about a sports star’s death, especially Cha Geum Joo (Choi Ji Woo), who couldn’t get the conclusive evidence at first. The court scene between the two law firms was also said to be tense and dramatic.

source : soompi news

• Like 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Oct. 10-16, 2016

dramaratings_2.jpg

Woman With a Suitcase is getting ever closer to that 10% mark, but may not reach it until Moonlight Drawn By Clouds is over. I was expecting the latter show to have some kind of resurgence as it neared the end of its run, but it’s still performing very admirably at 18.8%. Those kinds of numbers are nothing to sniff at these days, especially considering that no other drama (save for weekend dramas) even comes close to topping it.

Monday, Oct. 10      
Moonlight Drawn By Clouds 15 KBS 17.9%
Woman With a Suitcase 5 MBC 8.2%
Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo 14 SBS 6.8%
Drinking Solo 11 tvN 3.7%
Tuesday, Oct. 11      
Moonlight Drawn By Clouds 16 KBS 18.8%
Woman With a Suitcase 6 MBC 9.6%
Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo 15 SBS 8.2%
Drinking Solo 12 tvN 4.2%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/10/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-oct-10-16-2016/

"Woman with a Suitcase" Joo Jin-mo lies to Choi Ji-woo, "There is a stalker"

photo773912.jpg

Joo Jin-mo lied to Choi Ji-woo there was a stalker.

On the seventh episode of the MBC drama "Woman with a Suitcase", Ham Bok-geo (Joo Jin-mo) lied to Cha Geum-joo (Choi Ji-woo).

Cha Geum-joo found Ham Bok-geo laying on the sofa with bruises on his face and hands.

She asked what happened and he said, "Listen to me carefully because you might be in danger too. I have a stalker, a woman who follows me around".

"She's a real nasty one and it's partly my responsibility because I look like this. Is it a crime to look good? Be careful, Cha Geum-joo. She's mad".

Cha Geum-joo didn't understand and he explained, "Be careful when you go home at night and call me if you see anyone suspicious. Call me when you've arrived home safely".

Source : stoo.asiae.co.kr/news...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 1

"Woman with a Suitcase" Joo Jin-mo and Lee Joon battle for Choi Ji-woo

photo774645.jpg

On the latest episode of the MBC drama "Woman with a Suitcase" on the 18th, Joo Jin-mo and Lee Joon fought for Choi Ji-woo. Seok-woo confessed his feelings to Geum-joo and kissed her at a gay bar that they went to for work. A gay man had approached Seok-woo so he told him that Geum-joo was his girlfriend.

Seok-woo kissed her after the gay man left and he tried to tell her how he felt about her but lost his chance as she started talking about something else. Beok-geo had just dropped Hye-joo at Geum-joo's house and saw Seok-woo with Geum-joo. This made him jealous.

Seok-woo told Geum-joo he liked her the next day but she turned him down. He told her we should wait. Geum-joo and Bok-geo asked each other what happened the night before but they keep it a secret. Seok-woo and Geum-joo finally solved a case together.

Hye-joo started liking Bok-geo and rumors spread. Geum-joo warned something like that would happen but Hye-joo criticized her.

Every time Bok-geo and Seok-woo ran into each other at the law firm, they exchanged tension. Seok-woo encouraged Geum-joo to attempt at the bar exam but Ji-hyeon was skeptical about it.

When the victim of the 'homeless' case Min-ah came to, Bok-geo introduced her to Geum-joo. She was surprised that he had taken care of the victim and gave him a hug to show her appreciation.

Source : www.osen.co.kr/articl...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 1

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Woman with a Suitcase" Episode 9

photo777684.jpg

Episode 10 of "Woman with a Suitcase" has been pre-empted because of baseball season so we only get episode 9 this week. However, it's a powerful episode where we see Geum-joo grasping at a second chance in life. The case that landed her in jail and reset her life to be more difficult resurfaces and gives her chances she never thought she'd see again.

The first chance she takes is trying to mend the relationship with her sister. Geum-joo offers a peace offering and is coldly, but predictably rejected. Hye-joo is obviously on a long, dark path and will most probably work her way towards redemption somehow. Until then, her soul has, like she feared, been swallowed by Oh Sung, and she is a cruel pawn who spits poison at her older sister and attempts to win over Bok-geo with futile feminine wiles.

photo777686.jpgphoto777685.jpg

The second chance at redemption Geum-joo takes is getting involved in Min-ah's case, the case that landed her in jail and almost killed the homeless girl who is now in Bok-geo's care. Working on the case and moving in with Bok-geo to care for Min-ah allows Geum-joo to see Bok-geo in a different light and vice versa. The cohabitation hijinks are supposed to be moving, but I find them to be dull. Bok-geo has been nurturing some serious feelings for Geum-joo and expressing them in the most immature manner possible and he shows a softer side around the fragile Min-ah, but it isn't enough to establish a romance that is shaky to begin with. Bok-geo's rivalry with Seok-woo is the same, completely underwhelming. Sadly, Seok-woo's one-sided love is also starting to lose its luster. Perhaps it's because he doesn't have the amazing scenes with Geum-joo anymore that crackled with energy.

Oh Sung's big mystery, the secret it was hiding that cause Bok-geo to drop out of the legal profession and Geum-joo to serve jail time has made its way to light. It's just more Oh Sung coverup with Scarface threatening young teenagers to get what Oh Sung wants. I suppose it would be much more moving if the show had made me care about the case, but it has failed to build true tension behind the case. Geum-joo isn't feeling that she's followed. Bok-geo isn't really acting scared for her well-being. There are so many small things that go into building tension and fear: music, lighting, staging. It's all lacking and not coming together.

photo777683.jpgphoto777687.jpg

One thing that remains strong, thankfully, is Geum-joo's will to live, to live happily, and to love what she does and do it with integrity. She's a model female character in that way and I greatly appreciate that. Hopefully baseball won't pre-empt any more episodes and we can build more on the story.

Written by: Lisa Espinosa AKA Raine from 'Raine's Dichotomy'

"Woman with a Suitcase" is directed by Kang Dae-seon and Lee Jae-jin-II, written by Kwon Eum-mi, and starring Choi Ji-woo, Joo Jin-mo, Jeon Hye-bin, and Lee Joon.

Watch on Viki

Note : due to licensing, videos may not be available in your country

source : Hancinema

• 2 weeks later...

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Woman with a Suitcase" Episode 10

photo781077.jpg

This drama is hard to truly understand because on one hand, it celebrates Geum-joo as an independent, fierce, smart woman. On the other, Beok-geo acts like a self-entitled man as he pushes her around every episode - and she likes it. The only times he is nice to her is when she's asleep. Otherwise he's picking on her in a most juvenile fashion. This does not, in any way, support the fact that women deserved to be treated as people and not as objects to be played with. Aside from this, the rest of the episode centers around an overly simplistic chaebol family feud that is not interesting in the least.

The one thing that Beok-geo does that redeems him is that he supports Geum-joo as she studies for her test. No matter what happens with him (like he becomes a murder suspect!), he pushes her to take the exam with encouragement, a gift for luck, and a lunchbox. He doesn't let her back off from her dreams, and that's admirable. Turning to Seok-woo, he's beginning to become a little intolerable himself. Not because of Lee Joon, who is doing a fine job with the character, because Seok-woo is overly persistent with a woman who is obviously not interested. This is a tired trope that I know is grounded in societal norms, but I would still like for it to change.

Spoiler

The further Hye-joo falls into the pit that is Oh Seong, the worse her attitude gets. She's like a starved dog who snaps at any hand that gets close. Her ambition and greed drove her to where she currently is. She let it blind her to the chirping of her conscience. I'm waiting for Geum-joo to get her license and knock her sister down a peg or two. I'd really like for Hye-joo to be the first to extend her hand to Geum-joo who has been nothing but good to her spoiled little sister.

More than that, however, I want this show to revel in the awesome woman that Geum-joo is. She survived a divorce, a year in jail, repeated professional humiliation, and severe estrangement from her sister. She climbed back onto her feet and worked to re-shape her life and set new goal for herself. The only thing holding her back, in my very loud opinion, is Beok-geo. As soon as he treats her right to her face, this story will feel settled.

Written by: Lisa Espinosa AKA Raine from 'Raine's Dichotomy'

"Woman with a Suitcase" is directed by Kang Dae-seon and Lee Jae-jin-II, written by Kwon Eum-mi, and starring Choi Ji-woo, Joo Jin-mo, Jeon Hye-bin, and Lee Joon.

Watch on Viki

source : Hancinema

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Oct. 31-Nov. 6, 2016

dramaratings_2.jpg

Otherwise, The Man Living in Our House and Woman With a Suitcase are neck and neck, with The Man just barely eking out a lead over Suitcase.

Monday, Oct. 31      
The Man Living in Our House 3 KBS 7.4%
Woman With a Suitcase 10 MBC 7.1%
Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo 19 SBS 9.0%
Rude Miss Young-ae Season 15 1 tvN 2.5%
Tuesday, Nov. 1      
The Man Living in Our House 4 KBS 8.5%
Woman With a Suitcase 11 MBC 8.1%
Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo 20 SBS 11.3%
Rude Miss Young-ae Season 15 2 tvN 2.6%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/11/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-oct-31-nov-6-2016/

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Nov. 7-13, 2016

dramaratings_2.jpg

This was a week of many endings and a few new beginnings, starting with Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim, which took over the slot previously occupied by Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo. It started off at a strong 9.5%, blowing its competition out of the water, and finished out the week at an impressive 10.8%. The only show to come close was Woman With a Suitcase at 9.1%, meaning that it’ll be even more interesting to see how next week’s numbers shake out.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Monday, Nov. 7      
The Man Living in Our House 5 KBS 7.5%
Woman With a Suitcase 12 MBC 8.2%
Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 1 SBS 9.5%
Rude Miss Young-ae Season 15 3 tvN 1.9%
Tuesday, Nov. 8      
The Man Living in Our House 6 KBS 6.4%
Woman With a Suitcase 13 MBC 9.1%
Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 2 SBS 10.8%
Rude Miss Young-ae Season 15 4 tvN 2.3%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/11/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-nov-7-13-2016/

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Nov. 14-20, 2016

dramaratings_2.jpg

Monday, Nov. 14      
The Man Living in Our House 7 KBS 4.5%
Woman With a Suitcase 14 MBC 8.9%
Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 3 SBS 12.4%
Rude Miss Young-ae Season 15 5 tvN 2.3%
Tuesday, Nov. 15      
The Man Living in Our House 8 KBS 4.7%
Woman With a Suitcase 15 MBC 8.9%
Woman With a Suitcase 16 MBC 10.0%
Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 4 SBS 13.8%
Rude Miss Young-ae Season 15 6 tvN 2.2%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/11/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-nov-14-20-2016/

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @jei_em, @willenette! Thank you for updating the thread, I had problems logging in during WWAS and haven't even tried since then until today. It's a pity, as there are so many photos, videos etc from WWAS to share. Otherwise, I admit I almost forgot about the drama itself already, it was so-so, not too bad, but nothing special either, and I fairly enjoyed it at least until ep. 14. In any case, it didn't have the same emotional impact on me as EK or even MLE.  (shame, but I'm yet to watch the whole eps. 15 and 16, I've only watched JJM's scenes so far:))

Anyway, the most important development is that he left Fantagio, good luck with Huayi Bros., hope they'll manage his career better. In the meantime, it was announced he politely rejected the offer to star in the KBS drama "Father is strange" due to 'schedule problems', so waiting for some news soon.:crazy:

Random photos that I like:

FWJs2AO.jpg5hA3Dkg.jpgO2cu12Z.jpg

Spoiler

ig5YP8s.jpgiFSWLVi.jpg

• 1 month later...