Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Special Appearance Drama 2024: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

15 hours ago, zashibear said:

Now this made me nostalgic and will rewatch Encounter.  I find sometimes reviewing past dramas you discover new insights as opposed to first viewing. You just notice more things that you miss . 

Enjoy watching! I forgot to include how I love the film photography here. As a photographer and artist on the side, I live how they included those. My favourite frames are 1) csh and kjh, the book with lighthouse and sea background and 2) the beach and bench scene framed by window; and 3) Cuba's architecture! 

I could talk endlessly about each element in this drama but what I am really happy with are the subtle challenges on social norms and construct. And this is why I wait for a SHK project because she makes sure that there's meaning in her chosen production. 

11 hours ago, jjeennyy19 said:

Yeah..I miss the chatty days here were we need to keep up reading the pages...I havent heard from sunbae @utkim for about a year now..Hope she is fine...

Praying unni to have a project soon so all the "inactive" kyonatics will gather here again...

Regarding the encounter awards..There's definitely something fishy with how K-Ent give/held their awards..A lot is deserving but not all are nominated or wins...hope unni doesnt care much about awards but for me she really doesnt need to prove herself anymore..

I hope she's fine. I just started this year to be active again as I am missing the energy but couldn't remember my old account thus the 2 in my name. 

I don't care that much with awards but got curious with the snub. Although it is good to be acknowledged by peers and colleagues I don't think it's a lone barometer for fulfilment and success in production. I still believe that each work which changed the view and perspective of the viewer is the greatest gift the whole team can offer to its audience, to its society. And with this, I am more curious of the next production of Kyo. 

Anyway, have a good day where ever you are. And keep safe! 

• Like 6

23 hours ago, ulap2 said:

It's been years!!!! I hope to see utkim, fresh spring, hclover and others too. 

Keep safe! 

Yes its been years , miss them too ! Hope they can visit SHKs thread again!  Wondering also why not even nomination for her in Encounter . Looking back , Beaksang award is always elusive to her even from her Autumn in my Heart time and she could have bagged the Best Actress award for her flawless performance in TWTWB but its not a perfect timing for her , the winner then is a senior award winning actress same during the time of DOTS  wherein a senior actress also won  and as for the Encounter time, there are senior actresess again but lucky for 2 younger actresses to be nominated. Anyways , happy that Apan Star and KBS Awards were able to give her the Daesang and yes lots of Popularity Awards which I think that SHK is happy and grateful for ! Hmmm wondering also what would be SHK next project?  

Excerpts From Elle March 2019 SHKs Interview:

Song Hye Kyo was then asked about her thoughts on her illustrious career. She replied, “It didn’t mean much when it was my 20-year anniversary two years ago either. Just because I’ve been [acting] for a long time, it doesn’t mean that I’ve become used to it. I’m constantly feeling nervous and excited when I start new projects. For every project, the last day of filming is the only time I can praise myself. It’s to say, ‘You’ve finished another one, you did well.'”

Definitely you did well as CSH! Looking forward for your next project!

7e3e6709c93d70cf4734b367efdcd100bba12b89.jpg

credit: owner of photo in baidu 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

@sunflower91_ I agree, she did well as Cha Soo Hyun! I did not see SHK there and, also, pbg did well in portraying Kim Jin Hyuk. I did not see traces of them while watching. Kudos to their director for choosing them. :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed. I hope that in the scripts she's reading now, there is one that is hard to pass up and she deemed worthy of portraying even at this time of her life. ^_^

• Like 4

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/118216/20200626/korean-actress-song-hye-kyos-beauty-secrets-radiant-skin.htm

Beauty and great skin she has always been known for that. And she has endorsed Amore Pacific brands for a long time. Hope she continues.

Sorry kind of rusty on how to post links and stuff. But any SHG news is happy time for me. 

• Like 5

Just Dropping Some Vintage Kyo :)

I missed the good old Korean Dramas and the young SHK! 
We grew up with her, fell in love with her dramas, and we still love her! Still unbeatable our Queen Kyo. Thank you for your magic! :transforms:

Full House 

Autumn In My Heart- memorable first KDrama :transforms:

All In 

That Winter The Wind Blows

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

25 minutes ago, Joojix said:

Just Dropping Some Vintage Kyo :)

I missed the good old Korean Dramas and the young SHK! 
We grew up with her, fell in love with her dramas, and we still love her! Still unbeatable our Queen Kyo. Thank you for your magic! :transforms:

Yes her classic blockbuster k dramas are unbeatable , SHK is definitely still  the Hallyu Queen ! Not only she is knowned for her dramas she landed several major magazines as their cover girl not only in korea but in ther parts of Asia as well and not to forget her endorsment deals with top and major companies not only in Korea but for global brands as well like Chaumet and Esprit.  In Korea,  Amore Pacific the biggest and leader in beauty industry wont let go of her , during her early 20s SHK is the face for their Etude House , then to Innisfree, then to Laniege and now to their ultimate luxurious brand Sulwhasoo !  The ever superior visual of SHK stands out from the rest !

0075uohDly1gfwwojgbo7j30u00u0jwj.jpg

0075uohDly1gfwwokh94qj30uk0ncgob.jpg

credit: weibo /shk dc

• Like 8
  • Love 1

d3f33882-b518-11ea-94a5-08ba74052128_image_hires_113708.jpg?itok=6uJ7n6eT&v=1593142634

Blackpink’s Lisa wasn’t the first Korean star to get scammed by her manager – 5 more celebrities betrayed by the boss they trusted most

Descendants of the Sun’s Song Hye-kyo was blackmailed with the threat of an acid attack, while all of K-pop singer Son Dam-bi’s possessions were driven away in a removal truck – by her manager.                        Song Hye-kyo threatened with an acid attack?  

In 2005, Song Hye-kyo’s mother received a life threatening mail. She was blackmailed to prepare 250 million won – or else acid would be thrown at her and Song Hye-kyo. The mail added, “Think well, if you don’t want to see your daughter’s body rot and melt down forever.”

The police investigation revealed the blackmailer to be Song Hye-kyo’s former manager, who worked with her for three years in the past. After getting fired, his bank balance flunked, so he put his mind to work and came up with this nefarious scheme.....source credit @https://amp-scmp-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.scmp.com/magazines/style/celebrity/article/3090670/blackpinks-lisa-wasnt-first-korean-star-get-scammed-her?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASDAAQE%3D
  • Like 2

It’s Not Just BLACKPINK’s Lisa—5 More Of Korea’s Stars Who Were Scammed By Their Managers

From violent threats to lies about health, these stars were betrayed by the people they trusted most.

tRJuBhNBtF4vPe4KFlifjsuQbl47hyxcZgHqZdTV

1 hour ago

BLINKs were left reeling last month when it came to light that BLACKPINK’s Lisa was scammed out of a staggering ₩1 billion KRW ($830,000 USD) by a manager she trusted and relied on. But unfortunately, she’s not the only one who suffered such a fate. These 5 Korean celebrities were also betrayed by their managers, facing everything from extortion to outright theft.

1. Song Hye Kyo

These days, actress Song Hye Kyo is a household name in Korea. But 15 years ago, when her career had just started booming thanks to Autumn in My Heart and Full House, she suffered a traumatic incident. The full story was revealed on an episode of Channel A’s Rumor Has It

Back in 2005, Song Hye Kyo’s mother received an anonymous email with a terrifying demand—pay the sender ₩250 million KRW ($210,000 USD), or she and her daughter would be doused in vats of hydrochloric acid. 

The blackmailer told Song’s mother that her daughter’s body would “rot and melt down forever” if she didn’t comply, forcing the pair to move homes and contact the police. No one could have suspected that someone close to the actress would send such a threat, but that’s exactly what happened. 

A police investigation soon revealed that the blackmailer in question was none other than Song Hye Kyo’s former manager, whom she’d trusted and even lived with for three years. Song and her mother were devastated to learn he sent the violent threat after struggling financially and becoming homeless.

source credit @

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/not-just-blackpinks-lisa-5-koreas-stars-scammed-managers/

Cultureby Jamina F. Nitura- 19 hours ago
The Top 10 Highest Paid K-Drama Actresses in 2020
These Hallyu actresses are raking in unbelievable sums and with good reason.

IMAGE Hanyul, Sulwhasoo, Agatha Paris
The Hallyu wave undoubtedly owes much of its success to its beloved top stars as they continuously work to rake in billions for the Korean entertainment industry. Hence, it comes as no surprise to find that both actors and actresses are paid handsomely for their TV appearances, movie roles, and their ad contracts alike. And after having heard of Kim Soo Hyun as the highest paid Korean actor of 2020, we bet you’re curious to know how the ladies are faring.              10. Park Shin Hye
Estimated $17,000 per episode , 9. Park Bo Young
Estimated $25,000 per episode, 8. Shin Min Ah
Estimated $25,000 per episode, 7. Gong Hyo Jin
Estimated $33,400 , 6. Kim Tae Hee
Estimated $34,000,                                                              5. Song Hye Kyo
Estimated $42,000 per episode         

5-TVN-Encounter-(1).jpg

Song Hye Kyo ranked 7th in the Forbes Korea Power Celebrity list in 2017, before rising to the 6th spot a year later. She’s proven to be a top Hallyu icon in South Korea especially after starring in the immensely successful 2016 drama Descendants of the Sun as Dr. Kang Mo Yeon. The series received a cult following and became a cultural phenomenon all over Asia. Hye Kyo, for her part, received over 10 award nominations for her role on the show. After DOTS’ run ended, the actress later returned to the silver screen in 2018 with TVN’s Encounter alongside Park Bo Gum. Additionally, Hye Kyo was also hailed as the 18th most beautiful woman in the world in 2011 by U.S. Film website Independent Critics. The annual list which ranks 100 beautiful faces, welcomed Hye Kyo as their first Korean entry in its 21-year history.
4. Choi Ji Woo
Estimated $42,00, 3. Ha Ji Won
Estimated $42,000, 
2. Lee Young Ae
Estimated $83,000,                                                                1. Jun Ji Hyun
Estimated $84,000                                                          Watch this video to know more about South Korea’s highest-paid actresses in 2020.
Video credit  @youtube.... https://youtu.be/PfGUXEg1EKk
Source Credit @https://www.preview.ph/culture/highest-paid-korean-actresses-2020-a00268-20200702-lfrm...                                    

Song Hye Kyo Responds Affectionately To “Parasite” Star Jo Yeo Jeong Posting Old Photo From High School Days

Song Hye Kyo Responds Affectionately To “Parasite” Star Jo Yeo Jeong Posting Old Photo From High School Days

Jul 4, 2020, 

Song Hye Kyo and Jo Yeo Jeong shared an adorable exchange online after the “Parasite” star posted a photo from the early days of her career!

On July 4, Jo Yeo Jeong took to Instagram to share an old photo from back when she was still a rookie actress in high school. She wrote in the caption, “An acquaintance sent me this photo yesterday. This was my debut in 1998, back when I was in my senior year of high school…” 

Shortly afterwards, Song Hye Kyo responded with a fond comment and smiley emoji, writing, “I’ve met that student before.”

Jo Yeo Jeong then responded with a playful comment of her own, writing, “That’s right, when I transferred schools, you took good care of me…”

Jo-Yeo-Jeong-Song-Hye-Kyo-Instagram.jpgJo-Yeo-Jeong-Instagram.jpg

Lee Chung Ah also responded to Jo Yeo Jeong’s post, commenting, “Unnie. You look exactly the same,” which prompted Jo Yeo Jeong to reply with a couple of emojis.

Lee-Chung-Ah-Jo-Yeo-Jeong-Instagram.jpg

Watch Jo Yeo Jeong in her recent drama “Woman of 9.9 Billion” with English subtitles below!...source credit @https://www.soompi.com/article/1410808wpp/song-hye-kyo-responds-affectionately-to-parasite-star-jo-yeo-jeong-posting-old-photo-from-high-school-days

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, gigivillaceran said:

Song Hye Kyo and Jo Yeo Jeong shared an adorable exchange online after the “Parasite” star posted a photo from the early days of her career!

Happy to see that SHK still keep in touch with long time celeb friends !

21 minutes ago, gigivillaceran said:

Shortly afterwards, Song Hye Kyo responded with a fond comment and smiley emoji, writing, “I’ve met that student before.”

Jo Yeo Jeong then responded with a playful comment of her own, writing, “That’s right, when I transferred schools, you took good care of me…”

The reply of JYJ simply proves that SHK indeed has a good heart and a caring person. I remember during 2016 KBS TV awards , JYJ is really happy to see SHK then when she entered the venue and greeted her!

from soompi news also,  glad that they included SHK for her doctor role in DOTS 

12 Fashionable Doctors That Bring Style To Medical K-Dramas

Doctor Kang Mo Yeon in “Descendants of the Sun

Song Hye Kyo embodied the minimalist, effortlessly chic style of Doctor Kang Mo Yeon in one of the biggest K-dramas of all time. Her outfits were easy, comfortable, yet still cute—perfect for her action-filled duty of saving lives.

song-hye-kyo.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1409821wpp/12-fashionable-doctors-that-bring-style-to-medical-k-dramas

Wondering what role will SHK play if she will have another drama  or movie comeback project ? 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

alert ~ in case chingus haven't noticed, there is a song hye ko theme badge available in the members shop!!!! check it out! buy it using your soompi points to proudly display on your profile!

:coolshades:

• Thanks 4

Parasite star Cho Yeo Jeong gushes about how Song Hye Kyo took good care of her during her high school days

Cho Yeo-jeong took to her Instagram page to post a throwback high school photo of herself which caught the attention of Song Hye-kyo. Read their endearing IG conversation between the close friends below.
Written By Karishma Shetty  Mumbai  Updated: July 4, 2020 11:27 AM  12453 reads  0 comments
Parasite star Cho Yeo Jeong gushes about how Song Hye Kyo took good care of her during her high school days

Cho Yeo-jeong, who became a household name as Mrs. Park in Parasite, has been extremely active on Instagram and delights her fans with some beautiful posts. The 39-year-old actress has a very big reason to rejoice as she's amongst the 819 artists to be invited to join The Academy as a part of the 2020 class. Along with Yeo-jeong, her Parasite castmates Choi Woo-shik, Park So-dam, Jang Hye-jin and Lee Jung-eun were also invited.

Taking to her Instagram, Yeo-jeong posted an adorable throwback photo of herself from her high school days, when she had just started as a rookie actress. Dressed in school uniform, Yeo-jeong looked cute as a button at the age of 17 while her caption read as, "An acquaintance sent me this photo yesterday. This was my debut in 1998, back when I was in my senior year of high school...," via Soompi's translation. Taking to the comments section was Song Hye-kyo, who wrote, "I’ve met that student before," to which Yeo-jeong humbly replied back, "That’s right, when I transferred schools, you took good care of me..." Check out Cho Yeo-jeong's adorable throwback photo on Instagram below: 

sourcecredit @https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/hollywood/parasite-star-cho-yeo-jeong-gushes-about-how-song-hye-kyo-took-good-care-her-during-her-high-school-days?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Song Hye Kyo suddenly commented under the past photos of the beauty of the "parasite", revealing the relationship from childhood

photogrid1593862291008-15938623410652137

The special relationship of Song Hye Kyo and the star "Parasite" made fans surprised.

So far, Song Hye Kyo has always been known as the secretive beauty of Korean showbiz. Despite her outstanding popularity, Song Hye Kyo's circle of friends in the artist circle is quite modest. However, recently, fans discovered the unexpected close relationship between Song Hye Kyo and the "Parasite" star Jo Yeo Jeong .

Specifically, the actress "Parasite" was posted on personal pages pictures of high school 3, k hi she was still a rookie actor . Shortly thereafter, Song Hye Kyo quickly left a comment and the two actresses began to answer, making the fans excited.

A comment by Song Hye Kyo that revealed an unexpected relationship with the Star parasite - Photo 1.

Actress "Parasite" shared photos more than a dozen years ago. Jo Yeo Jeong's previous or present beauty does not seem to have changed much.

A comment by Song Hye Kyo that revealed an unexpected relationship with the Star parasite - Photo 2.

A comment by Song Hye Kyo that revealed an unexpected relationship with the parasite star - Photo 3.

However, the response of the two actresses was the topic that caught the attention of fans. After Song Hye Kyo commented, "I've met this student before," Jo Yeo Jeong quickly responded, “That's right! When I first transferred to the new school, you helped me a lot. "

Coming here, the new fans "fallen" of these two beautiful women turned out to be classmates and have been close since high school. The two keep a good relationship and often communicate with each other. However, this pair of close friends is quite tight-lipped, so few people know about this special relationship. Through this interaction, fans can be assured that the friendship of Song Hye Kyo and Jo Yeo Jeong is still very strong after many years....source credit @https://m.kenh14.vn/song-hye-kyo-bat-ngo-binh-luan-duoi-anh-qua-khu-cua-my-nhan-ky-sinh-trung-tiet-lo-luon-moi-quan-he-tu-thuo-nho-20200704180644731.chn

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sunflower91_ said:

Wondering what role will SHK play if she will have another drama  or movie comeback project ? 

I hope she plays a Sandra Bullock kind of character.  Something light. Since they are both smart and sooo talkative. Missed watching her on screen! :rolleyes:

• Like 3

The real beauty of Korean beauties is exposed through close-up photos: Unbelievable with U40 skin of Song Hye Kyo, Kim Tae Hee

YUZU Young Intellect  1 giờ trước
The series of photos recorded by reporter Disptach of a series of Korean beauties is becoming a topic that attracts the attention of many fans.

The close-up face of a female star has always been a curious topic for fans. Whenever appearing in public, Korean showbiz beauties always have the most perfect appearance but with close-up images, whether they are so beautiful is not the question that attracts the attention of everyone.

The true beauty of Korean beauties is exposed through close-up photos: Unbelievable with U40 skin of Song Hye Kyo, Kim Tae Hee - Photo 1.

Recently, on the forum for Theqoo fan has posted an article with the subject: "Disptach photos taken close to female stars". These images have quickly become the subject of netizens' attention. Many people expressed their admiration for the healthy skin full of vitality of many beautiful women like Suzy, IU or Kim Yuna.

The true beauty of Korean beauties is exposed through close-ups: Unbelievable with U40 skin of Song Hye Kyo, Kim Tae Hee - Photo 3.

Song Hye Kyo owns baby skin even at the age of U40. However, the most storming is probably the image of Kim Tae Hee, Song Hye Kyo or Lee Young Ae because compared to many beautiful people in their 20s, these beauties are U40, U50. Suzy, IU, and Kim Yuna are still in their 20s so smooth skin is a must, but Lee Young-ae, Song Hye Kyo and Kim Tae Hee are really not kidding. Especially Lee Young Ae really has to respect." If you take care of it, you can take care of it as much as you can until it reaches a certain level, but she's still beautiful, " netizens commented...source credit @https://m.afamily.vn/nhan-sac-that-su-cua-my-nhan-han-duoc-boc-tran-qua-anh-chup-can-canh-khong-the-tin-noi-voi-lan-da-u40-cua-song-hye-kyo-kim-tae-hee-20200704230715393.chn

• Like 3