Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Special Appearance Drama 2024: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

6 Heartbreaking Moments From The Finale Of “Encounter”

6 Heartbreaking Moments From The Finale Of “Encounter”

Jan 28, 2019

Me watching the latest episodes of “Encounter.”

We saw the preview to episode 15, and if that wasn’t enough to break you, then I don’t know what is. Watching Park Bo Gum being sad is like watching a puppy suffer.

park-bo-gum2.gif

I don’t know if it was because I was watching “Encounter” late at night, but I’ve never felt so emotionally connected and broken for the characters as I did while watching the latest episodes – especially in episode 15. It was to the point where every new scene would just top the previous one in terms of heartbreak. Just in case you need a recap of just how monumentally sad episodes 15 and 16 were, here’s a look at six moments.

Warning: Spoilers for episodes 15 and 16 ahead.

1. Woo Seok not being able to let go of Soo Hyun

encounter19.png

To start off, we can’t leave Woo Seok in the dark, because this man was so desperate to bring Soo Hyun back into his life. Although he’s not second-lead syndrome worthy, it was definitely sad to see how much he loves Soo Hyun but can’t be with her. It was especially sad that he felt like he had to push her away in order for her to have a life.

encounter28.png

He just looked so woeful being all alone in his big, cold house at the end of episode 16.

encounter33.png

2. The breakup

We all saw this coming from last week’s episodes. After Jin Hyuk’s mother asks Soo Hyun to break up with her son, she makes up her mind.

encounter110.pngencounter23.pngencounter31.png

But when the moment happened, as predictable as it was, it didn’t prepare us for Park Bo Gum’s reaction and just how broken he was.

encounter41.png

Park Bo Gum broken = us broken. 

Especially when he said these words:

encounter20.png

3. When Jin Hyuk finds out his mom had asked Soo Hyun to break up with him

Screen-Shot-2019-01-23-at-10.13.46-PM.pn

Jin Hyuk overhears his mom talking to his dad about meeting Soo Hyun. The dad thinks Jin Hyuk’s mom made a big mistake, but she doesn’t regret it because she doesn’t want Jin Hyuk to get hurt. The part that made this situation really heartbreaking was the fact that Jin Hyuk didn’t even get the tiniest bit upset at his mom. This shows Jin Hyuk’s maturity, understanding, and how he’s pretty much perfect.

4. When Jin Hyuk goes and sees Soo Hyun

After Jin Hyuk learns about his mom meeting Soo Hyun, he takes the initiative to go and see her again. It’s his desperate attempt at trying to get her back, but she doesn’t change her mind.

encounter24.pngencounter111.pngencounter25.png

This leads to the part that really shattered our hearts:

encounter32.pngencounter42.pngencounter51.png

Despite Jin Hyuk’s efforts, Soo Hyun can’t imagine living in Jin Hyuk’s world and doesn’t want her public lifestyle to have any sort of negative effect on him or his family. This particular part was sad because we could totally feel Jin Hyuk’s anguish and heartache. The writing in this scene was also perfect as Soo Hyun’s reasoning was so realistic and made complete sense. It almost convinced me that he was better off without her.

encounter26.png

Still can’t get over seeing Jin Hyuk so alone, crying on his hands and knees after she leaves the room.

5. Jin Hyuk’s mom meeting Soo Hyun again

encounter112.png

After having a talk with Jin Hyuk, his mom starts to regret having told Soo Hyun to break up with her son. She understands Jin Hyuk’s sincere feelings for Soo Hyun and decides to meet with her to apologize and take back what she had said.

This part was mainly sad because not even Jin Hyuk’s mom could convince Soo Hyun. I was hoping that it would give some sort of incentive for Soo Hyun to get back together with Jin Hyuk, but it seemed like she had firmly made up her mind.

6. The reconciliation

When Soo Hyun finally realizes that she wants to be with Jin Hyuk, she goes to find him. The entire scene is pretty perfect with the lightly falling snow, the background music, and their facial expressions.

encounter43.pngencounter52.png

Although this part wasn’t heartbreaking in the sense that it was sad, it did break our hearts because we could see just how much Jin Hyuk loves Soo Hyun. He was so persistent and determined on never giving up on his love for her. It’s unconditional and so touching.

encounter27.pngencounter113.png

Bonus: This OST

As if the episodes weren’t mournful enough, we had this OST playing in the background, making everything monumentally sadder.

Side note: One of the best parts about this series was the OST. Every song was perfection.

Final thoughts

After hearing that Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo were going to star in a drama together, I was pretty apprehensive and didn’t have a strong desire to watch it. However, I wanted to give the premiere episodes a shot. What was really surprising was just how enjoyable it was to see the beginning stages of Cha Soo Hyun and Kim Jin Hyuk’s relationship. I loved the developing romance between the two characters and especially appreciated a lot of the lines in the script. By episode 4, I was totally intrigued and couldn’t wait to watch the next episodes. I even almost forgot about Song Joong Ki (except for maybe during the kiss scenes).

Towards the middle of the series, things started to slow down a bit. There weren’t too many dramatic moments, and a lot of focus was on Cha Soo Hyun’s mother and whether she was going to get in the way of their relationship. Other than that, there really wasn’t much going on. Despite this, I appreciated the simplicity of the script and was able to chalk it up as being a simple fairy-tale story with two gorgeous main leads. Seriously, you could watch the two watch paint dry and it’d be picturesque.

The last two episodes came as a surprise in terms of being pretty emotionally invested in Jin Hyuk’s character and his desperate pleas in trying to get Soo Hyun back. His love was so pure, so innocent, and Park Bo Gum was able to pull it off flawlessly. What the series started to lack in dramatic moments was definitely made up for in the last two episodes.

While I can’t say that it’s a series that is super exciting to watch, this one hits all the notes if you like a good classic romance K-drama. It’s also perfect to watch this winter season while you cozy up in bed. Park Bo Gum’s charm will sure to warm your heart!

Hey Soompiers, how did you like the series “Encounter”? And how sad were you watching the latest episodes? Let me know in the comments below!

Watch the final episodes of “Encounter”:.....source credit @https://www.soompi.com/article/1297641wpp/6-heartbreaking-moments-from-the-finale-encounter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi All...

I’m still unable to move on from Encounter.. how I wish SHK has interviews as well.. I want to see more of her..

I also want to see her doing projects soon, movie preferably but in totally different genre. I want to see her acting as a con artist in an action comedy movie.. or pure action movie with her doing martial arts or just comedy movie. She’s great when she act as a heroine who’s cheerful, very realistic and a bit sarcastic like in Full House, World Within, My Brilliant Life and DOTS.  In my opinion, she shines more in those type of roles. I’d think she’ll do great acting as a villain who has those traits as well..

I also wish to see her doing movie / drama with:

1. Jang Seung Jo — they actually have good chemistry in Encounter’s BTS..

2. Kim Soo Hyun

3. Gong Yoo

4. Jang Dong Gun

5.  Won Bin — it’s a classic combo and I want them in one frame again after all these years!! I never ship her with him but I’d like them to make a movie or drama together again...

How about you guys? What type of character would you want to see her in and which actors you’d like her to work with?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, djsong said:

1. Jang Seung Jo — they actually have good chemistry in Encounter’s BTS..

2. Kim Soo Hyun

3. Gong Yoo

4. Jang Dong Gun

5.  Won Bin — it’s a classic combo and I want them in one frame again after all these years!! I never ship her with him but I’d like them to

Won Bin and Gong Yoo, my wish that she will Co Star with those two actors and im praying drama god that my wish will come true, if my wish is granted, I will eat vegetarian for 6 months.:D

• LOL 3

Park Bo Gum Says He Often Got Emotional While Acting With Song Hye Kyo In “Encounter”

Park Bo Gum Says He Often Got Emotional While Acting With Song Hye Kyo In “Encounter”

Jan 29, 2019
by R. Jun

In an interview with YTN on January 28, “Encounter” star Park Bo Gum revealed how it felt to act alongside actress Song Hye Kyo.

“When I found out Song Hye Kyo was cast for the drama, I was amazed, and I started to hear Cha Soo Hyun’s lines in her voice,” said Park Bo Gum. He added that Song Hye Kyo’s expert portrayal of her character allowed him to fully concentrate on his own acting, as well. “That was Song Hye Kyo’s strength.”

He often talked with Song Hye Kyo, and he asked a lot of questions about how he was doing. “I asked her a lot if I was doing well or if I was doing a good job expressing my character. Doing emotional scenes with Song Hye Kyo, there were a lot of moments when I would find myself just tearing up. It was a good experience for me.”

park-bo-gum-song-hye-kyo-2-540x255.jpg

“Encounter” is a love story between Cha Soo Hyun (Song Hye Kyo), who has never had the chance to life live according to her own choices, and Kim Jin Hyuk (Park Bo Gum), a free-spirited, pure soul. The drama aired its final episode on January 24.

If you haven’t already, start watching “Encounter” below:....source credit @https://www.soompi.com/article/1299920wpp/park-bo-gum-says-often-got-emotional-acting-song-hye-kyo-encounter

• Like 2

@djsong hello and thanks for sharing your thoughts!  Like you I want Kyo to see her comeback project in a big screen after encounter. I want her to work with her brother/bff Yoo Ah -In, veteran movie actors. I know it will take years before she decides to do comeback project but in small screen I want to see her work with actors like Gong Yoo, Lee Joon-Gi, So Ji-Sub, Lee Dong-Wook, a reunion with Jo In-Sung and a miracle reunion with Won Bin!:sweatingbullets: How many years more do we have to wait for WB-Kyo in one frame together!? :sweatingbullets::rolleyes:

I keep on waiting and I really don't get despair:D

• Like 1
  • Love 2

15 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

@djsong

I want Won Bin to be her next leading man! They need to be together in kdrama land. It is 20 years in the making!

@caileysmiley

whoa! New pics?! Did she post it in her ig??

Yeah latest pics. of her for gichanchy!:wub: She posted an hour ago.

-----

For WB-Kyo reunion, I'm dying to see them work again movie or k-drama I don't mind, miracle please! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Boyfriend' even though the end of the topic is the top 1 .. Park Bo Gum x Song Hye-kyo ♥ ♥ Rain made ing...                             Enter the article 2019.01.29 at 6:57 pm     

0003944200_001_20190129185723281.jpg?type=w430_q70View original
[OSEN = Park Sang-young] After the end, Park Boy Sword and Song Hye-kyo's "boyfriend" topic remains strong. 
According to the CPI January last week's report, tvN 'Boyfriend' ranked first in the Top 50 programs in the program, which was jointly developed by CJ ENM and Nielsen Korea on the 29th. Last week, it was 3rd, but it was in the top position again with the ending. 
 'Boyfriend' has gathered hot topics since the meeting with Park Sung Sook and Song Hye Kyo. The last 16 days of the last 24 days, but the beautiful love story created by Park Sung Sook and Song Hye Kyo is still leaving a deep longevity. 
MBC's new tree drama, "Spring onna spring," won the influential program and the top program of interest. The body change story of Yuli Lee and Um Ji-won believes that he has taken control of the room from the beginning. SBS 'Empress of the Empress' also took second place of interest and supported the strong performance of Sukmuk. 
/comet568@osen.co.kr 
[Picture] tvN
source credit @https://m.entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=109&aid=0003944200&rankingType=sympathy&type=like&basisDate=20190129210000
  • Like 3

Rock Song Hye Kyo’s Short Bob From The Hit Drama “Encounter” This 2019: We’ll Tell You How!

In: Beauty, Editor's Picks, News, Style, Trending, Weekender Instagrams, Z Carousel,.....                                 posted: Jan 29, 2019                                            Fancy a fresh, new look this year?

BeFunky-collage-4.jpg

Seems that 2019 is the year of the short bob. This hairstyle, as seen on Song Hye Kyo in the hit-drama ‘Encounter’, has been gaining popularity in Asia after the drama premiered.

This short bob is characterized by its length of 5-7 centimetres under the ear, flaunted with airy bangs, side fringes or in curly waves. While Song Hye Kyo wears hers in her natural hair colour, this style still works should you want to dye your hair different colours too!

Song-Hye-Kyo_.jpg

If you want to emulate her exact hairstyle here, go for airy bangs that complement the bob—it is also suitable for our humid Singaporean weather and prevents the bangs from getting too greasy after an entire day in the office or outside. Take the chance to show off this hairstyle with a pair of minimalistic metal earrings if you’re going for a clean, chic look, or a pair of statement earrings if you’re heading for a night out.

2019012467757961.jpg

After filming wrapped on ‘Encounter’, Song Hye Kyo grew out her airy bangs for a classy mid part, adding in some C-shaped curls to add on extra volume. The curls help to make the overall impression of the hairstyle lighter and exude mature feminity—befitting of the actress herself. It’s also good to note that the shape of the bob haircut is not flush against the shape of the head, and helps to lift the face.

For a more artsy look, take the plunge and go for a spiral perm along with your new bob hairstyle. It helps to frame the face well, especially if you’re worried about your new hairstyle making your face look big. This bohemian-inspired vibe also exudes effortless feminity and will look good no matter what outfit you wear.

Further proving that this hairstyle can hold up to almost any colour, it can also be worn straight—simply run your hair quickly through with a straightening iron, pulling slightly at the roots to give the hair more body to withstand the humidity outside. The best part about this hairstyle too? It flatters your face, without the need for thick makeup! Basic simplicity is the key!

hat do you think? Ready to roll into 2019 with this short bob hairstyle?—We sure are!...source credit @https://weekender.com.sg/w/style/rock-song-hye-kyos-short-bob-from-the-hit-drama-encounter-this-2019-well-tell-you-how/

• Like 1
  • Love 1