Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Special Appearance Drama 2024: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

16 hours ago, oaklove said:

I just learned that Gong Yoo had turned down YSJ role in DOTS.  OH, WHY?!  Gong Yoo would have brought manly sexiness and he is a tremendous actor. He also does comical roles well.    While SJK is cute and acted very well too, I often felt that he was too young looking and petite for the captain role. Maybe because his head is so small, his uniform sometimes looked too big for him.    Episode 16, especially, possibly due to SJK's injuries and so he couldn't exercise, he looked even younger and our SHK looked much older compared to him.  Throughout the series, what I saw was a good chemistry between SHK and SJK as friends or good sunbae/hoobae.  They looked comfortable with each other and you can clearly see that they enjoyed each other's company.  BUT, I saw no sexual tension.   The 2nd couple actually had more sexual tension.  When you watch World Within with SHK and HB, you can see their immediate sexual chemistry.  Their eyes, their gestures, etc, you can feel they want to tear each other's clothes off.  Here, even the kiss scenes, while very sweet, lacked sexual eagerness.  SHK, especially, didn't kiss him back with the same amount of hunger as SJK.  In Ep 16, YSJ was gone for about a year and KMY thought he was dead, but their scenes were more best friends meeting up again...cute banters, cute gestures, no sexual tension. 

With Gong Yoo, it would have been different.  There will be a sexual tension and you would understand why KMY is willing to go through such an emotional roller coaster to be with him. Gong Yoo would have looked at SHK and you wouldn't 't be able to breath because of their sexual chemistry...think Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt in Mr and Mrs Smith.   

I understand SJK has the look most Asian females like...young, innocent, and very cute, similar to Kim Soo Hyun.  But, SJK is not a Hollywood leading man material. Gong Yoo is.  When Hollywood got hold of GY after DOTS, he would have been offered some action roles.  It's really a miss opportunity for GY. 

And I always thought GY and SHK would make a great real life couple.  SHK looks good with very tall men (think Rain, HB, JIS).  GY is also older than her and he seems very mature.  SHK would not have to mother him and she would have been taken care of.  Possibly because she was brought up by a single mother in a homogenous society that value nuclear family, there is a sadness to SHK's eyes  That's why she does sad scenes so well, the best in Asia.  She needs real man like GY to make her feel safe. 

Damn!  Really too bad GY didn't take it. 

You've really read my mind. My wish is to see them both in a drama..preferably RomCom. Don't want Melodrama like what she had with Jo in Sung...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RoseS said:

http://superich.co.kr/superich/view.php?ud=20160415000498&sec=01-74-02

MOD EDIT: DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES, GIFS, VIDEOS!

Thanks for the post and updates. Just curious on the earnings of the stars.  I thought JK is a upcoming A stars, in fact he got the title after DoTs, shouldn't he get lower than our Princess, why is it that he is receiving the sane amount? 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, GinaSingapore said:

Thanks for the post and updates. Just curious on the earnings of the stars.  I thought JK is a upcoming A stars, in fact he got the title after DoTs, shouldn't he get lower than our Princess, why is it that he is receiving the sane amount? 

I think k-drama actresses also suffer the same fate as hollywood actresses where male counterpart A-list actors are paid more. I thin it's the reason why for someone who is a hallyu A-list actress like kyo, she is paid the same amount with SOng Joong ki, then a very promising actor but not hallyu-level yet..

• Like 5

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=016&aid=0001032983

Big companies whos trying to get Songsong couple as their endorsers..?  Not sure tho... anyone here can translate this?

Im wondering why Hye kyo didnt grant interviews after Dots. She did a lot of iv's during Twtwb. I understand if she didnt accept cfs but not granting interviews is too much lol

oh well whatever her reason i support her.

• Like 7

Song Hye Kyo's necklace sales gives J.Estina (Romanos Company) record breaking success for .

J.Estina which is the jewellery sub-brand under Romanos Company, (earlier parts about skater Kim Yuna who was the brand ambassador while she was participating at the Vancouver Olympics). SHK was been the face of the brand since 2014, the company especially wanted her as the ambassador as they wanted to expand business within China.

When DOTS was being made, the marketing team of J.Estina especially created the *Sun shaped necklace* which is given by YSJ to KMY's character in the drama DOTS. However not many pieces of this necklace were made as the company had no idea there would be such an overwhelming demand for this particular necklace once the drama aired. There have been increasing requests by Chinese tourists/customers asking for the *Necklace that KMY wears* when visiting the J.Estina store.

In fact , the overwhelming popularity of the necklace has increased the stock value of the company from 8,000 Won in February to 13,000 Won per share. Looks like J.Estina is poised to enjoy an all-time record performance.

http://www.hankyung.com/news/app/newsview.php?aid=2016041794871

• Like 15

2 hours ago, msriz said:

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=016&aid=0001032983

Big companies whos trying to get Songsong couple as their endorsers..?  Not sure tho... anyone here can translate this?

Im wondering why Hye kyo didnt grant interviews after Dots. She did a lot of iv's during Twtwb. I understand if she didnt accept cfs but not granting interviews is too much lol

oh well whatever her reason i support her.

I wonder why too...at least one interview..alone..w/o her co-star..after dots ended...need to know her future plans.

• Like 5

Shes not the highest paid actress.duh! whats that about??  

Its hard to understand. 

I dont think other K actresses can portray her previous characters , Youngie a blind lady 

or executing the pain of Dr.KMY.

Nobody does it better than Hye Kyo.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, sunbae0401 said:

Shes not the highest paid actress.duh! whats that about??  

yes reality bites , based on reports regarding K actresses earnings per drama episode its only the other 2 k actresses that commands the highest price , sad for SHK but I don't think she is too keen in asking for a higher price for a certain project that she loves to act, after DoTs she might have a higher TF for her next project!

623636a9jw1f2zlskhyohg20go09eqv5.gif

more of beautiful photos of Dr KMY  the iconic role of SHK ever!

d71ac57ajw1f2yvjuptfij20vk0hsjv8.jpg

d71ac57ajw1f2yvjtmj71j20vk0hs0v2.jpg

623636a9jw1f2u2p5i0dlj20q00emtag.jpg

• Like 14

It doesn't bother me much even she didn't get paid much as JJH or whoever..what is important to me that she loves what she is doing and i think Kyo doesn't care much about money... i dun think money is what Kyo yearning for when choosing a project though, well, i hope she doesn't become like that and i think she won't.

X04SZb.jpg

x6a3LB.jpg

• Like 19

Guest RoseS

Awards, in past, many NOMINATIONS :D  Awards, which/who is important for SHK's career, herself or nominations or fans supporting(using 'touched-keys'=bring to result: Awards)? ALL:blink: SHK's fans, most are seniors(she answer in interview):blink: Sorry, English:w00t:

Song Hye Kyo

송혜교

Song Hye Kyo's Awards and nominations

Year Award Category Nominated work Result
1996 SunKyung Smart Model Contest Grand Prize N/A Won
1998 SBS Drama Awards Best New Actress in a Sitcom How Am I? Won
2000 KBS Drama Awards Photogenic Award Autumn in My Heart Won
Popularity Award Won
2001 37th Baeksang Arts Awards Most Popular Actress (TV) Won
Best New Actress (TV) Nominated
Gold Song Awards (Hong Kong) Top Korean Star N/A Won
16th Golden Disk Awards Popular Music Video Award Kim Bum-soo 'sOnce Upon a Day Won
SBS Drama Awards Top 10 Stars Guardian Angel Won
SBSi Award Won
2002 CETV Awards Top 10 Asian Entertainers N/A Won
2003 SBS Drama Awards Top 10 Stars All In Won
Top Excellence Award, Actress Won
2004 KBS Drama Awards Best Couple with Rain Full House Won
Popularity Award Won
Top Excellence Award, Actress Won
2005 41st Baeksang Arts Awards Best Actress (TV) Nominated
2006 42nd Baeksang Arts Awards Best New Actress (Film) My Girl and I Nominated
43rd Grand Bell Awards Best New Actress Nominated
2007 28th Blue Dragon Film Awards Best Actress Hwang Jin Yi Nominated
6th Korean Film Awards Best New Actress Won
2008 KBS Drama Awards Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries Worlds Within Nominated
2011 12th Women in Film Korea Awards Best Actress A Reason to Live Won
2013 49th Baeksang Arts Awards Best Actress (TV) That Winter, the Wind Blows Nominated
7th Mnet 20's Choice Awards 20's Drama Star - Female Nominated
8th Seoul International Drama Awards Outstanding Korean Actress Nominated
6th Korea Drama Awards Daesang (Grand Prize) Nominated
2nd APAN Star Awards Top Excellence Award, Actress Nominated
Daesang (Grand Prize) Won
SBS Drama Awards Best Couple with Jo In-sung Nominated
Top 10 Stars Won
Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries Won
Hyekyo was a child, shes look very cute here~^^
CgPVl1tUEAAt7Dc.jpg

SHK's short film(w/Song Sung Hun and Jin Ji Hee)

Cr. to owner Uploaded on Dec 13, 2008

Description: An amazing epic video starring Song Seung Hun, Song Hye Gyo and Ji Jin Hee as pilots where one of them dies in an accident and later, the girl commits suicide and follows the guy she loved and lost without realizing that there was another guy who loved her... Very sad Asian Music Video.

English lyrics:

Love is hurting me again,
Love is making me cry again,
It tells me to forget the loving memories
And love cruelly leaves me...

Am i really alright?
Just like that greeting you gave me?
Hiding your eyes and pretending not to know
is probably easier for you
It might change...

The wind is different everyday,
I was so grateful to the happiness of life that this world gave me.

I will be able to forget,
I will change like you,
But till that day, how will i love?
I miss you already...

Another day passes by like this...

•  

Gummy(You're My Everything, most in Dr. Kang&Captain Yoo's scenes):wub:

15 hours ago, utkim said:

i think Kyo doesn't care much about money... i dun think money is what Kyo yearning for when choosing a project though, well, i hope she doesn't become like that and i think she won't.

yes utkim cant agree for more with this , remember SHK didn't even bother to get her payment for her WW drama, she is more focus on the drama itself like the script/plot in accepting her role and I think its more of her agency that sets her TF .

love to see more of SHKs photos in DoTs

6afb0f0cgw1f3005br2yij20m80b6q65.jpg

6afb0f0cgw1f3004j2kmhj20m80b6n1w.jpg

6afb0f0cgw1f3004y2tbbj20m80b610r.jpg

• Like 22

I think Kyo is leaning more towards quality rather than quantity! Now that she's older and wiser, she gets to

prioritize what she really is striving for! She's got almost everything she wanted in life! 

I think on top of her priority is her mother, isn't that always the case? Especially so that she is the only person who

would stand by her or run to her anytime she needed comforting! A person she could trust her life with!

Blood is thicker than water. Family is more important than temporary relationships with friends! 

She seems happier these days! I hope it stays that way! foryou

• Like 18

@oaklove normally you don't speak, once you did, it's damn true!!! Every single word! 

I wish i can do a high five with you. It's like magical if SHK do Ghost with GY later on. Seems that we have to wait for a great writer having eagle eyes to pair them up.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MasY said:

Did I do something wrong, again? Maybe for some but that's too much. So upsetting and scary.

I'm done for now. See you around, Kyonatics!

You didn't do anything wrong! 

And can people please refrain from insulting her costars.  smh.  Really wanted to keep this thread peaceful, but it's uncalled for.... 

• Like 12

2 hours ago, MasY said:

Did I do something wrong, again? Maybe for some but that's too much. So upsetting and scary.

I'm done for now. See you around, Kyonatics!

Hi dearie, please don't . You didn't nothing wrong. I didn't get the whole thing, even now :blink: . I'm slow

I agree with melissala..we shouldn't insult Kyo's costar...it's not cool.

edit: i did some back read and understand now what's going on..please come back to kyo's thread , MasY...you know how much we appreciate and love you right? and you did the right thing..we know where you stand ..nowhere else than at Kyo's thread. I really appreciate your translations for shk's thread.

• Like 14