Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Special Appearance Drama 2024: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

HELLLOOO!! First off, I'd like to thank everyone here for providing such valuable updates on our beloved actress!! Although I've only recently discovered this amazing actress, she's already one of my top favorite actresses! 

As many have said before, SHK is so incredibly humble and honest. I love that about her! I read some translations of her book and I have to say I have so much respect for her. I'm not gonna lie I actually teared up when I read about the part about her dog. 

I was actually going to ramble about how amazing SHK, but she actually makes me speechless. Not only is she absolutely gorgeous on the outside, but her inside is even more stunning and I am so glad that I discovered such an amazing actress and person like her!

• Like 16

Guest RoseS

https://www.dramafever.com/news/descendants-of-the-sun-is-already-set-for-a-chinese-remake/

http://www.hancinema.net/descendants-of-the-sun-special-breaks-through-15percent-93688.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2016/04/21/2016042101265.html

Song Hye-kyo Recalls Difficulties in Latest Hit TV Series

Actress Song Hye-kyo recalled the filming of KBS' hit TV series "Descendants of the Sun" at a press event on Wednesday after the soap ended last week.

Song opened up about the challenges of shooting scenes in mixed order.

"Scenes that require emotional depth were the hardest part," the actress said.

"TV soaps are usually shot in order while being aired, so it is easier to follow a character's feelings. But in the case of 'Descendants of the Sun,' the whole series was shot before the first episode aired and we had to switch over one scene to the other, passing through all the episodes, for the sake of convenience in arranging filming locations and other things."

2016042101205_0.jpg

"I'm so grateful for the success of the TV series. Thanks to the hugely-popular soap, I was able to meet and get along with many great actors. They are great gifts to me," Song said.

Recently, Song got some media attention after she refused a modeling offer from Mitsubishi Motors due to its involvement in Japanese atrocities during World War II.

"I just try to be not only a better actress but also a better person," she said.

englishnews@chosun.com / Apr. 21, 2016 11:03 KST

[Interview] "Did I show off?" Song Hye-kyo is forgivenphoto716639.jpg

Song Hye-kyo's words are in the spotlight.

Actress Song Hye-kyo held a press conference in celebration of the end of the KBS 2TV drama "Descendants of the Sun". The successful drama actress seemed calm and relaxed in front of the press and she was honest about her answers.

- "You look better in person" VS "You look better on TV", both of them are offensive

The simple question: Which do you prefer to hear? 'You look better in person' or 'You look better on TV' brought back a completely unexpected answer.

Song Hye-kyo: "They are both flattering comments but if you think about it in another way they can be offensive. Saying I look better in person means I don't look as good on TV and saying I look better on TV means I don't look as good in person. As a woman I think I prefer hearing that I am just good looking (laughs)".

- At the age where being cautious is a must...

Song Hye-kyo couldn't avoid the questions about the cheesy lines written by Kim Eun-sook. She criticized herself and got over it.

Song Hye Kyo: "I never thought the lines were cheesy but many people tell me so. There was one where the word 'doll' was involved and I was so ashamed. It was tough to say at the moment. If I was in my 20s I wouldn't have minded but at this age, I have to be cautious about what I say or it could backfire. I tried to contain the intensity of the lines, but at the same time I was afraid of what viewers in their twenties might say about me".

photo716640.jpg

- Did I show off?

A reporter asked about her tips on maintaining her Hallyu starism in China ever since "Full House". She pointed out what was wrong and gave her answer.

Song Hye-kyo: "Actually, it started since "Autumn in my Heart" and not "Full House". Did I just show off? (laughs"

- This question wasn't asked

Just about when the press conference was over, she answered a question that no one asked. She'd thought about the questions and answers in her head and that was about the actors Yoo Ah-in and Lee Gwang-soo who made cameo appearances in "Descendants of the Sun".

Song Hye-kyo: "I thought this question would come out. Yoo Ah-in was in the drama. He's in the same company as I am and I adore him like a brother. It was short and he was busy with "Six Flying Dragons", but he made the time. I am grateful for him and Lee Gwang-soo too. Thanks to them, our drama was a success".

- Oh and Min-seok too!

Song Hye-kyo said she earned 'people' through "Descendants of the Sun" and expressed her gratitude to those who had part in the drama from big to small but she forgot Kim Min-seok and hurriedly added him.

Song Hye-kyo: "I earned good people through this drama. I have made many friends. Seung-joon, Jeong-yeon, Oh Yoo, the Alpha Team, Jin Goo, Kim Ji-won-I and so many more. I was able to overcome difficult times thanks to them. I thank "Descendants of the Sun" for making this possible. Oh and Min-seok too. (laughs)".

Meanwhile, Song Hye-kyo took on the role of Kang Mo-yeon, a cardiothoracic surgeon in "Descendants of the Sun".

6 minutes ago, twtwb said:

Meanwhile, a simple question: Which do you prefer to hear? 'You look better in person' or 'You look better on TV' brought back a completely unexpected answer. "They are both flattering comments but if you think about it in another way they can be offensive. Saying I look better in person means I don't look as good on TV and saying I look better on TV means I don't look as good in person. As a woman I think I prefer hearing that I am just good looking (laughs)".

A reporter asked about her tips on maintaining her Hallyu starism in China ever since "Full House". She pointed out what was wrong and gave her answer.  "Actually, it started since "Autumn in my Heart" and not "Full House". Did I just show off? (laughs)".

Just about when the press conference was over, she answered a question that no one asked. She'd thought about the questions and answers in her head and that was about the actors Yoo Ah-in and Lee Gwang-soo who made cameo appearances in "Descendants of the Sun".

"I thought this question would come out. Yoo Ah-in was in the drama. He's in the same company as I am and I adore him like a brother. It was short and he was busy with "Six Flying Dragons", but he made the time. I am grateful for him and Lee Gwang-soo too. Thanks to them, our drama was a success".

Song Hye-kyo said she earned 'people' through "Descendants of the Sun" and expressed her gratitude to those who had part in the drama from big to small but she forgot Kim Min-seok and hurriedly added him. "I earned good people through this drama. I have made many friends. Seung-joon, Jeong-yeon, Oh Yoo, the Alpha Team, Jin Goo, Kim Ji-won-I and so many more. I was able to overcome difficult times thanks to them. I thank "Descendants of the Sun" for making this possible. Oh and Min-seok too. (laughs)".

She really has a cute side of hers. How can she possess such a great combination of appearance, spirit, characteristics and talent?

• Like 8

@smiletall thanks for your translation. May I ask you or @MasY one question about her name in English?

Most of the time I see people write her name as "Song Hye Kyo". But many Korean newspapers when they translated her names into English they wrote "Song Hye-kyo". And blogs like dramabeans use "Song Hye-gyo". So may I know what is the most correct one to address her in English? And does her name have any meaning? And what is the most formal way to address her? "Ms Song"?

I realize that I am her fans but I even have questions about her name. Sorry for asking you such basic questions but you know Korean, so I think you are the best persons to ask.

Thanks in advance. 

• Like 4

I was waiting for the translation of K-netz' comments..thank you for sharing @rubylia:)

Yessss get that praise girl!! 

I love it when they call her a chemistry goddess. She has chemistry with all her leading men. How awesome is that? 

Lol girl why would you consider giving up on your acting career? That amazing talent of yours shouldn't be wasted. :D

• Like 12

She looks beautiful in all her pictures and glowing too.  Love how she candidly addressed all the questions, really witty, humble and sincere.  @rubylia thanks for sharing the positive response of knetz on her article, really happy to see that she is getting the appreciation and love that she truly deserves:wub:

• Like 11

I hope even she is married she continue working and give us a good quality drama i dont see any actress in korea that good as her even once in awhile.....i miss her so much the impact of her drama still in my head  oh my goodness thank you guys on all the updates and picture.....

• Like 9

2 hours ago, ewff said:

@smiletall thanks for your translation. May I ask you or @MasY one question about her name in English?

Most of the time I see people write her name as "Song Hye Kyo". But many Korean newspapers when they translated her names into English they wrote "Song Hye-kyo". And blogs like dramabeans use "Song Hye-gyo". So may I know what is the most correct one to address her in English? And does her name have any meaning? And what is the most formal way to address her? "Ms Song"?

I realize that I am her fans but I even have questions about her name. Sorry for asking you such basic questions but you know Korean, so I think you are the best persons to ask.

Thanks in advance. 

@ewff

Ah, I never thought of this. hahaha 

So in terms of pronunciation and phonetics, Song Hye Gyo is actually more accurate to the characters of her Korean name. I'm aware that the main people in charge of Dramabeans are fluent in Korean. So they have always been really credible in their articles and really accurate on these kind of things. So I'm not surprised they would prefer to use this spelling of her name. 

But I've always seen her name translated as Song Hye Kyo, so that is what I've always used. I think it is also the default English spelling of her name used by the general public. If you type her name as either way in Google search, her profile information etc. pops up as Song Hye Kyo. (Also, just personally, Song Hye Kyo just looks more esthetically pleasing than Song Hye Gyo. haha. I don't know why.)

I'm not sure of the meaning of her name.. Usually many Korean names are derived from Chinese characters, known as Hanja in Korean. And I'm not familiar with it, although it's basic knowledge in Korea. Plus, sometimes the character might sound the same in Korean, but have a different associated Chinese character or word it was derived from, so the meaning would be different depending on the type of character used. So sometimes to know the true meaning of a Korean name, you really need to see their Korean name written in the Chinese characters. (OR just look it up online since someone else might know lol. Maybe someone else here knows?). Not sure if that was any help... :P Just dropping some knowledge I know. ahaha.

In terms of addressing her, do you mean when speaking Korean?  I'm assuming you mean in Korean.

So, when I translate, there are moments when I add -ssi (pronounced like "she" but typically phonetically written as -ssi) to the end of the names. This is a formal way of addressing people in Korea. It is equivalent to Mr./Ms. in English. 

Song Hye Kyo-ssi is more acceptable than Ms. Song. It may seem weird, but I think it's a more cultural type of thing. "Ms. Song" "Ms. Kim" is sometimes literally said the way it sounds in English, but often used as a nickname for  a coworker you are familiar with. Additionally, because there are so many people in Korea with the same surname, it would probably be considered disrespectful to address someone of respect or a stranger as just Ms. Song or Mr. Kim. (Side note: A good example of this and very funny story often told on talk shows by Henry, a Chinese Canadian member of Super Jr., is that when he first met Lee Soo Man, the founder of SM Ent., he greeted him as Mr. Lee. When he tells this story, typically the reaction of the guests are surprised dumbfounded laughter because you could only get away from that situation still looking good as a foreigner.)

So yeah, when I translate, I just keep the original Korean style form of address (Song Hye Kyo-ssi) because to me it just sounds more natural in the article itself. But, if you do translate everything over to more proper English, it would be Ms. Song or Ms. Song Hye Kyo, as often seen in more officially translated articles. Although techincally, then, it should be Ms. Hye Kyo Song, right? But that sounds even more awkward lol. 

And here ends today's lesson about the Korean language via Song Hye Kyo. :)  

Not sure how helpful it was. But hope it was at least a bit interesting lol. 

• Like 19

Thank you very much @smiletall. That is very interesting. Thank you very much for going at length to provide me with such an interesting answer. Yes I have checked at "Song Hye Kyo" is the most popular internationally. But then sometimes I see "Song Hye-Gyo" on dramabeans and sometimes "Song Hye-Kyo" in korean newspapers (both with the dash) so I was a little bit curious because to me, when we use dash between two names, like Hye-Kyo or Hye-Gyo, the two names become one. 

Again thanks very much.

• Like 10

The way she answer all the question of the press  people you can see that she is not only a beauty she is also brainy smart woman and i think she is ready for the next chapter of her life being a mother and a wife, very well said Kyo im praying to God that you will meet your right man for you

• Like 8

I just can't look away from SHK latest photo shoot....she looks so beautiful, radiant and glowing... :)

whatever angle she's poses in is just beautiful....

just wondering does she have a preferred angle profile?

i think she likes her left side more....when looking towards the camera...

i think she looks beautiful on any angle , but from photo shoots and to camera angles I get the feeling she prefers the left side..

Such as the kissing scenes in DOTS all focus her left side ... :)

• Like 8

@khxy Thanks for the translation!

The idea of her participation in 'Europe Raider' sounded interesting but to be honest I would love to see her in a S.Korea project after DOTS. Be it drama or movie, I would take it as long as its her choice. Also, the current love and supports that she's receiving from Korean netizens are so well deserved that I think it would be great if she can take this advantage to advance her domestic career furthermore, especially in movie industry :)

• Like 13