Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Special Appearance Drama 2024: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

Song deals with a taxing issue

Actress apologizes for tax evasion, says she is taking responsibility

27191750.jpg

SongHye-kyo
Song Hye-kyo has been dealing with her biggest crisis since debuting in the entertainment industry after it was reported she had evaded taxes for about three years.

The actress said that because she had a company handle her taxes, she didn’t know that were problems with her payments. She explained that her negligence to keep an eye on the process meant some of her payments were not made.

Song paid the National Tax Service 3.8 billion won ($3.7 million) in total to fix the situation and later delivered a public apology after her new movie “My Brilliant Life” screened last week.

“I just feel so sorry for my colleagues and the people I worked with to make the movie,” she said during a question and answer session with local media.

Q. How do you feel about the issue?

A. Everything happened because of my carelessness and ignorance. I have nothing else to say but sorry. I think I was so foolish, and I’m disappointed at myself for thinking that I just need to ask a professional to take care of it because of my lack of knowledge. I’ll make sure nothing like this ever happens again. I’m so sorry to my disappointed fans.

Was it stressful to stand in front of media after the issue surfaced?

I really have debated whether it is OK to be here. I wondered whether it would be more helpful for the movie if I just didn’t show up. But such a decision wasn’t something I could make alone. The movie isn’t something I made alone - many people have contributed their efforts to it. I decided I needed to keep the promises I made to them.

What did your friends say about the issue?

Many scolded me. No one had any warm words for me. Many people around me told me to take full responsibility right away about what happened, even though there were ways I could have avoided the issue or tried to hide from it. I also think the issue isn’t something that could have been resolved if I were to avoid it. It’s a mistake I made, so I need to take all the blame.

Do you think the public’s rage is exacerbated since ordinary people don’t get taxed an overly large amount?

I have nothing else to say but I’m sorry. It is natural that the public is outraged and disappointed.

When you were making a public apology during the movie screening, you said you had no reason to trade the happiness you feel now for three years’ worth of tax payments. What does that mean?

I’m fully aware of how thankful I should be about the things I get to have and enjoy. I [started my career] before any of my friends did, and I made a lot [of money]. Everything has come [to me] because the public made it happen. As I said during the movie screening, all I care about is living happily with the people I love, without hurting anyone. I meant to say that I had no reason to trade everything for three years’ worth of tax payments.

BY Lee Seung-mi [summerlee@joongang.co.kr]
http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=2994124

PS:  just wanna hug her tight :(
  • Like 1

^ thanks unnie, I want to hug her right now  :(( , Kyo no wrong,  I think it's very difficult for her because "Many scolded me. No one had any warm words for me. Many people around me told me to take full responsibility right away about what happened," . Kyo be strong girls, waiting for tomorrow :x
5RXIZLf.gif
dc

Guest sunflower91

Hello everyone! Omg I'm feeling the pressure but at the same time super excited for tomorrow. This morning I miss my scheduled tour just because I prioritized going to cgv wangsimni but to my dismay I wasn't able to get the VIP ticket. At first when i ask at the ticket booth if i can buy ticket for mpl VIP premiere scheduled tomorrow he told me that they don't have scheduler's for tomorrow showing as reflected on their system and said they have available ticket only starting sept 3 which of course we knew it is the opening date but of course I really insisted that this is the venue so he called someone to check and he was informed that it was not really cgv who is in charge with the ticket release of the premiere they have organizers which unfortunately they don't have also contact nos and dont know also where to get it. Quite sad about it coz there's a possibility tomorrow that 'll just witness the red carpet and photo wall , my remedy is really to be early in the venue so I can check if there is still available ticket. When I saw your post freshspring about that VIP ticket I wonder if its for invitation only coz if that's the case I would really miss my chance to observe the happenings inside really wish I can watch inside. As for your pics update that's the free purple ticket I'm talking about and CGV do have MPL movie flyers sort of mini poster wherein anyone can get a copy of it and of course I have my copy too.

Guys would really love to take pics on this event and if its true that some big stars confirm their attendance wow the more Im excited but sorry really can't promise to update right away due to some constraints. I'll try my best tomorrow so I can share here

Thanks again to everyone!

@freshspring @Ngoc me too i wan't to hug her tight she really has a brilliant gem in her heart..it's okey Kyo nobody's perfect your only human.. @sunflower91 it's okey your doing fine there and thankful that you can feed info's here on what's happening there..thanks for the updates guys you did a great job..see you later again for the VIP premier updates.. @jennifer thanks for the warm welcome.. Kyonatics fighting..MPL..god bless everyone..

While everyone's sleeping, let me silently do some cheering! Sssshhhhh....Guys, this is KYO's BIG Day! Let's send her our BEST Wishes and Cheers! Sssshhhhh....Let's give her a HUGE Round of Applause! Sssshhhh.....Everyone's still sleeping....Let's send her off the Red Carpet with a BIG BANG of APPLAUSE and lotsa lotsa CHEERS and HUGS! Sssshhhh......Silently, let's applaud her GRIT and TENACITY! She is one brave gal! 
M P L My Palpitating LifeV I P Special Sneak PreviewM P L Fighting!\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/=D>=D>=D>=D><:-P<:-P<:-P :o):o)\:D/
GO FORTH AND CONQUER, KYO!BREAK A LEG, GIRL!If you need help in breaking lotsa lotsa legs, we'rebehind you!:))

Guest xyzebra

@sunflower91, enjoy your stay in Seoul! Don't worry about chances of missing out on the VIP ticket. You are already much closer to SHK than many of us :D. But since you are very determined to get into the event, I'll wish you good luck anyways.  :D
A few days away from this thread and I see 300 notifications! Love you guys for the constant updates! I admit to feeling anxious whenever I log on to Naver and Nate these days because there might be more negative articles on SHK. But seeing how such negativity doesn't prevent you guys from searching for news updates of SHK makes me happier :D Now, whenever I see a comment or article making a pass at SHK, I just roll my eyes and move on. 
Of course, seeing MPL doing well at no.6 is also a mood lifter ;)C0sKf8M.png

Welcome @Christin Leo Japar,enjoy the thread.Hope we can see good friends of unnie shk and the rest of the cast of mpl later on the vip prem.God Bless

@sunflower91,don't worry too much,just enjoy and be safe ok? God Bless you

@SamriM, Welcome to you,I noticed you're also a newbie.may I know from what country are you? Are you saying that shin min ah will also come later on mpl's vip premiere or you are asking if she will come? Thank you.

@Sue,nice to see you stored a lot of energy for today.you're a nice person.Goodluck to MPL, God will never abandon good person like unnie.

Hope to see full support of dear friends of shk later,she needs you now.Be healthy,happy and safe unnie.

CHEERS TO M P L!THIS IS 'd DAY!IN ALL YOUR ENDEAVORS, WE WISH YOU WELL, KYO!BE WELL! BE SAFE! BE HAPPY!
We, the KYONATICS hope for the BEST for YOU and M P L!=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>
Incidentally, is sunflower91 gearing up for the BIG EVENT?Expect for an onslaught of pics pics pics pics and more pics!I could just imagine KYO's gorgeous self gracing the red carpet, gracefullygliding across the floor, one step at a time! Can't wait!M P L FiGhTiNg\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/\:D/<:-P<:-P<:-P<:-P\:D/

There's an article in hancinema but I think the content of the article was posted here.
http://www.hancinema.net/song-deals-with-a-taxing-issue-72759.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I can't wait to see My Palpitating Life, it's kind of movie that makes me curious and the trailer looks good.
SHK is the first k-actress I know (along with MGY) in AIMH n Full House remains my favorite although I don't watch all her projects and follow her closely like any of you here.
Because the tax scandal, I feel sorry for her and want to support her. It's not entirely her mistake, but she apologizes sincerely and readily admits her mistakes in public. That's really great of her. :-bd

Good luck MPL! I will be closely monitoring this thread for the latest updates.

To all kyonatics pinays..why dont we meet for a coffee one time.

Im working in Makati and I live in Cavite. Feel free to PM me.

Guest song4kim

@SusanC! as if you are just around the corner of manila...hahaha!!!can you come over then?
good morning kyonatics!!!
this is the day that the Lord has made for us kyonatics all around the world!!!

It saddens me to read that SHK's friends "scolded" her without "any warm words" for her. It seems pretty clear she left her finances to the experts and her mother. She stated in her interview that her mother takes care of the finances and gives her allowances. Her friends should have hugged her and told her eveything will be okay. I