Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Special Appearance Drama 2024: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

Just dropping by to say that people ought not to impose on her when she should have a baby

Spoiler

For that hater, this might come as a shock to you, but some women actually want to delay having kids to focus on their careers. AND THAT IS NOT A BAD THING. This is the 21st century for crying out loud.

Thanks for sharing the synopsis @ahdrianaa. Any news when it’ll be released?

• Like 2

@stardustvoid it seems the Director has been mulling about actors since 2017, while Kris Wu’s manager announced his involvement since 217 and this was not refuted by WKW then but on March 19,2019 he stated that he has still not formally assigned any parts to any actor.

The script will be co-written by him and the original author of the book but he is known to shoot without using a formal script and uses actor interaction on set to decide the final scene. The movie was officially announced on 19th March, it seems the entire film world is waiting for the release as WKW films are sure to make news, and the fact that Blossoms is a tie-up with In the Mood For Love and 2046, is even bigger.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

Sometimes I think she follows her fans and closely as her fans follow her. Last night people were joking how the male Mc on the red carpet kept staring at her and now she has gone ahead and posted this. :lol:

I know haha was thinking of the same thing! :lol: hope she has some significant role in WKW’s film and not as an extra this time

SHK looked so beautiful last night!  Her beauty is like from another era...Hollywood in the 50's. 

I am glad she signed on with Jet Tone Film Production company.  It's clear from last night how much respect and love she garners from China and HK.   Two of the most respected directors in Asia, Wong Kar-wai and John Woo, both Chinese,  cast her in their films . But, for some reasons unknown to me, Korean famous film directors do not cast her in their films.  Fact that she was not even nominated for Baekjong award this year for Encounter is just flabbergasting to me!  Encounter almost had no story or dialogues.  She and Park Bo Gum through their amazing acting skills elevated the drama to an art piece.  Unlike other nominated actors and actresses who had complicated scripts, SHK had to act out emotions with almost no scripts...yet through her eyes and expressions she was able to convey SO MUCH raw emotions!  

What I would love for SHK to go after next is what the film director Park Chan Wook (from Old Boy, Snowpiercer, The Handmaiden} had discussed in his interview. He said he wanted to do a romantic comedy about a detective and his love interest.  SHK will be amazing in it!   I hope Park Chan Wook and the Korean entertainment industry realize just how special SHK really is and cast her in it.  And I hope SHK and UAA go after that film with everything they got.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I was left a little confused about the Blossoms movie and WKW’s production company to which Kyo has signed with. Anyway for clarification here is what WKW said about the cast of Blossoms:

“Despite reports to the contrary, which happens when projects are rumored to be in development for years, the filmmaker confirms that no casting has been done, yet, saying, “No actors have been cast yet, and they need to be able to speak Shanghainese.”

Full article: https://theplaylist.net/wong-kar-wai-blossoms-trilogy-20190319/

I’m not sure if Kyo speaks Shanghainese but could it also mean she might be in a different WKW movie altogether? Like after he directs Blossoms. Hope she can star in something that gets recognised in Hollywood or at the Cannes or Venice Film Festival

• Like 2

Another day, another chance to vote!!

Posting the link here!

Spreading the word the best I can. And voted too! 

Song Hye Kyo is nominated for Most Favorite Actress in the Baeksang Awards. PLEASE VOTE!

Lurkers and Members. Please show your support! You can vote using fb, twitter, weibo etc etc or you can use all if you have accounts to every one of these sns. Vote once per day!

Have you voted for song hye kyo and park bo gum yet? Theyre nominated for most favorite actor and actress! 

For Kyo:

https://m.vlive.tv/vote/129

• Like 2

In case anyone is wondering why I mentioned Kris Wu and the possibility of them working together in the event that the rumors of her being a part of the multi ensemble cast of Blossoms is true. 

This is is a weibo post in 2017 posted by Kris Wu’s manager.

10103365-A914-4-E0-A-A29-C-74-D48006-A20

Today, Kris Wu’s manager Chris Chen posted a photo of the novel “Blossoms” on Weibo and left comments in response to netizens: Kris Wu will be participating in Wong Karwai’s movie “Blossoms.” Sina got in contact exclusively with Chris Chen and he has confirmed the news as well as denied the rumor that Kris Wu will be participating in the drama Fu Yao.

• Thanks 2

Article summary 

https://mnews.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?newsId=N1005222903

UAA has confirmed that Kyo has signed with WKW’s company and has expressed her interest to work on more films and Directors.

UAA will continue to be her local/domestic agency. 

This move on her part has generated a lot of interest amongst fans since WKW’s new movie, Blossoms is scheduled to start shooting by the end of this year. 

P.s - In the article UAA does not confirm or refuse her involvement in the new movie. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Song Hye Kyo To Continue Chinese Activities With Wong Kar Wai’s Jet Tone Films

Song Hye Kyo To Continue Chinese Activities With Wong Kar Wai’s Jet Tone Films

Apr 15, 2019
by D. Kim

Song Hye Kyo has signed a contract with a Hong Kong-based production company!

On April 15, her company United Artist Agency confirmed, “Song Hye Kyo has signed a contract with director Wong Kar Wai’s production company Jet Tone Films.”

The actress presented an award at the Hong Kong Film Awards on April 14 and announced the news herself, expressing her wish to work with more Chinese directors and actors.

Song Hye Kyo previously starred in Wong Kar Wai’s 2013 film “The Grandmaster.”

Jet Tone Films welcomed the actress through Weibo, writing, “Song Hye Kyo, who we became connected with through ‘The Grandmaster,’ has come from far away after crossing mountains and oceans. Welcome.”...source credit @https://www.soompi.com/article/1317583wpp/song-hye-kyo-to-continue-chinese-activities-with-wong-kar-wais-jet-tone-films

• Like 1

Song Hye-kyo, 'Hong Kong Movie Film Festival Film Festival' I came back [Newsen TV]...Articles, enter 15/04/2019 19:48 

201904151947071310_1_20190415194811306.jpg?type=w430_q70View origina https://tv.naver.com/v/8042217
[Incheon International Airport (Yeongjongdo) = Newsen Kim Ki-tae], SongHyeKyo arrived at Incheon International Airport after the awards ceremony for the 38th Hong Kong Film Awards. 
# Song HyeKyo #SongHyeKyo # HongKong Film Grand Prix Film Festival 
Newspaper Kim Ki-tae teddy @ 
News tip and press release newsen@newsen.com 
copyright ⓒ Newsen. Unauthorized copying & redistribution prohibited...source credit @https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000092629
  • Like 1

Korean star Song Hye-kyo to partner with HK director Wong Kar-wai

THE CHINA POST/ASIA NEWS NETWORK
 Monday, Apr 15, 2019
150419_songhyekyo_chinapost.jpgTAIPEI - Korean actress Song Hye-kyo (宋慧喬) announced that she recently signed a partnership contract with Jet Tone Film production (澤東電影) on the sidelines of the award ceremony of the 38th Hong Kong Film Awards on April 14.

Ever since she took part in "The Grandmaster" (一代宗師), the 2013 Hong Kong-Chinese martial arts drama film by Hong Kong director Wong Kar-wai (王家衛), she has been looking forward to cooperating with the actors and actresses again, she said. 

The director and I are really good friends. I believe in the future I will have many opportunities to work with outstanding Chinese directors and actors," said Song.

19089_1555323279.pngPhoto: China Post/Asia News Network 19089_1555323302.pngPhoto: Photo: China Post/Asia News Network

In "The Grandmaster," Song partnered with Tony Leung Chiu-wai (梁朝偉) and played Ip Man's wife Cheung Wing-sing (張永成)....source credit @https://www.asiaone.com/entertainment/korean-star-song-hye-kyo-partner-hk-director-wong-kar-wai

• Love 1