Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Upcoming Drama 2024:Show Business/Special Appearance Drama 2025: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

Guest RoseS
2 hours ago, blubluchino said:

Dont worry about it. Judges judge based on performance and not gossips/scandals/images/negative news. Her performance in DOTS is without any doubt the best! Although SJK is getting more spotlight because of the oppa fever, SJK may be more popular and maybe a favourite choice for many endorsement/drama offers, but it is SHK that shines in that drama, it was SHK's acting abilities that gave the drama such successful result, of course the chemistry between SHK and SJK will not be discredited in this case but you cant deny that it is SHK that brought all the chemistry into the acting process. She will win many many awards based on her performance in DOTS. in fact, she has already won the highest/grandest awards in our heart, isnt it?

thank you, blubluchino

I'm not worried about her chances of winning something...I'm more worried if she decides to not attend any of those award shows. If I'm not mistaken..some of them have this 'No attendance, no award' policy. Forgive me if I'm wrong here. But I seriously hope she will prove to those haters that she's not letting this issue affect her in any way. She's wayyyyyy too strong for that. 

SHAME ON YOU, J.ESTINA FOR STOOPING THIS LOW..FOR TAKING ADVANTAGE OF HER..FOR USING HER OLD ISSUE JUST TO GET PEOPLE TO GO AGAINST HER. WELL TOO BAD HER FANS ARE NOT GONNA BE SWAYED THAT EASILY. WE'LL CONTINUE SHOWING OUR LOVE AND SUPPORT FOR HER. THAT'S WHAT TRUE FANS ARE FOR. 

@ewff Thanks for posting the BTS vid. You make me wanna watch TWTWB again..one of the best melos ever. :)

• Like 14

On 4/27/2016 at 0:29 PM, utkim said:

I said earlier that a part of me thought it's good to have my normal life back when dots ended. But the fact is i feel so empty, no dots to fill this empty feelings, It hits me really hard :tears:. I miss my and sj :tears:

Don't worry chingus. Kyo is a strong minded woman, she will be fine :)

btw, i wonder if Kyo will have a fan meeting...IT had been so long time ago...and i might consider if times permit ...maybe we soompiers can have a meet over there ? Hehe

Dont know how many times I watch DOTS just to save myself...:bawling:

Tried watching new Kdrama but it wont help..:bawling:

She is a tough, calm and beautiful cookie so I'm not worried. :phew:

Through the years, she manages issues with class and grace..:wub:

Wouldn't be that great after so many years of being here we get to meet at her FM???:blush::dizzy:

Dunno if this was posted as I came across this one in twitter...forgive me if it were...

Unni during her vacay at Phuket Thailand

Cg9u_oTWwAE8ZMm.jpg:large

cr, hyun___kyoung

• Like 14

1 hour ago, ewff said:

Watching the BTS clips of TWTWB. Hye Kyo looks great it it. She also had great chemistry of Jo In Sung. Would love to see them again in a new proje

@kyo2fan Welcome to the threa. Can you edit your post above and delete the image? Please don't quote the image, that's against Soompi rules.

Thanks for this clip...just watching the BTS of TWTWB and comparing the BTS of DOTS , SHK is quite reserved here.

even the kiss scenes seem to be lacking intensity....compare to DOTS , SHK seems so carefree and relaxed...plus the chemistry with SJK is definitely more intense...and the kiss scenes are so natural.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mulder9999 said:

Thanks for this clip...just watching the BTS of TWTWB and comparing the BTS of DOTS , SHK is quite reserved here.

even the kiss scenes seem to be lacking intensity....compare to DOTS , SHK seems so carefree and relaxed...plus the chemistry with SJK is definitely more intense...and the kiss scenes are so natural.

Thank you @mulder9999, but I don't want to get into the comparison game. If you have not watched it, I think you should watch the whole series of TWTWB to appreciate SHK and JIS's acting and their chemistry, that's the point I was trying to say. 

• Like 6

22 hours ago, twtwb said:

Do you think you’re competitive?

I think I am when I start on something new. And it’s not just about the person I’m competing with but also about wanting to do better. I don’t think I need to be competitive with how well a movie does because it’s not entirely the actor’s responsibility. But within a movie, I’m fighting with myself from my previous work. The strongest thought I have is that I need to be better than before because I don’t want people to say that I’ve regressed. [laughs]

Source: asiae

Photo credit: photo's owner

I really understand what she was saying here. I really see her getting better with every project that she took on, not that her previous projects were not good, they were all excellent. I am rewatching TWTWB and she was excellent there too. 

• Like 3

When i first heard the news about Song Hye Kyo vs. J.estina i was shocked, saddened, and most of all very worried. But now i'm not. Because i already knew the whole story. 

And seeing how the people, media and fans alike, giving out their outmost support to her is really fascinating. I feel like i wanted to cry.

She is now stronger, braver, and a confident woman and is still keeping her kindness. She's really amazing. Fighting for her rights and is still doing kindness at the same time.

That is the reason why that jewelry company is making some moves to distract people. But sorry for them. The way how they handle it? The more they are making dissapoinments and the more they are getting too much hate.

There are millions of SHK fans around the globe and is always behind her through thick and thin. 

Seeing how she gets the support and love is a great one.

Let's give our 100 percent support and love but of course by a diplomatic way. Our unnie always handles situation with humility and grace. 

• Like 12

I have watched this for many times and still like it. I wish that Song Hye Kyo would come back to a TV show soon. It has been so long since she did her last show. Here she said that she wanted to have at least two kids. Bale bale Kyo unnie. 

• Like 10

I'm not sure whether it's recent, but in President Park Geun Hye's autobiography, Hye Kyo name is mentioned.

"In Korea,among many different types of restaurants, Chinese restaurant is the majority.In one day,the whole country can sell up to 4 million bowls of Jajangmyeon. Hallyu stars such as Ahn Jae Wook,Jang Na Ra , Rain and Song Hye Kyo grew up eating Jajangmyun too.

http://tieba.baidu.com/photo/p?kw=%E5%AE%8B%E6%85%A7%E4%B9%94&ie=utf-8&flux=1&tid=4512022306&pic_id=3cd6b31c8701a18b362381ca992f07082938fe6a&pn=1&fp=2&see_lz=1

source:baidu

edit: @ewff ahhh.. thanks for the info:)

• Like 13

Song Hye Kyo wrapped up in legal battle with jewelry brand 'J.Estina'

Actress Song Hye Kyo has become wrapped up in a legal battle with jewelry brand 'J.Estina', with whom she was active as a model until this past January. 

Recently, Song Hye Kyo's label UAA filed a lawsuit against the jewelry brand, claiming, "The brand has used Song Hye Kyo's images and video clips for advertisements. They made no requests of permission to validate Song Hye Kyo's rights. When issues regarding validation of rights came up, the brand requested to re-sign Song Hye Kyo as a brand model, but she has no interests in re-signing. We are not filing this lawsuit simply to receive monetary compensation, and if we do receive it, we will donate the amount." 

To this, the jewelry brand has responded with, "We formerly drew up a contract with the production team of 'Descendants of the Sun', including usage to images and video clips of the drama for advertisement purposes. We did not create any advertisement footage ourselves with Song Hye Kyo, so we do not see it as violating her rights." Song Hye Kyo was also seen wearing 'J.Estina' brand-wear as a part of product placement for 'Descendants of the Sun' throughout the drama. 

But 'Descendants of the Sun' has spoken up against the jewelry brand, stating, "In the case that the brand decides to use images and video clips of the actress outside of the drama, they should request permission from the actress." 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/04/song-hye-kyo-wrapped-up-in-legal-battle-with-makeup-brand-jestina

• Like 7

J.Estina ups ante against Song Hye-kyo, NEW jumps into fray

After Korean actress Song Hye-kyo filed a $260,000 lawsuit against the jewelry brand J.Estina, the company upped the ante against the actress, claiming the actress violated the terms of her contract and that her tax problems had caused it “significant losses.”

J.Estina also claimed that the commercial use of images from TV series “Descendants of the Sun” was legal.

However, the series’ production firm New Entertainment World hit back, saying that the jewelry firm’s arguments lacked legal grounds.

Actress Song Hye-kyo (UAA)

J.Estina said in a press release Wednesday that it abided by the contract with TV series “Descendants of the Sun” production staff, which allowed it to use stills from the episodes.

The press release, distributed to media in response to the accusations against J.Estina made by Song’s legal representatives, The Firm, added that it was the 34-year-old Song who “breached the contract to exclusively use its products.” Song wore jewelry from other brands in some other episodes.

J.Estina claimed it is legitimate to use Song’s picture as one of the main sponsors of “Descendants of the Sun.”

The firm, which signed a $2.6 million contract with the actress last year but did not extend it, invoked Song’s tax irregularities that were revealed in 2015, saying they “triggered a significant loss” in its profitability.

Next Entertainment World, however, denied J.Estina’s claim that it has approved the commercial use of the image.

(KBS)

“It is widely perceived as a norm for a company to get permission from the talent in such cases,” a source from Next Entertainment World told Star News Wednesday.

“Moreover, J.Estina was the only company that used snaps from the series for commercial purposes.” the source added. “J.Estina did so without our consent. We warned the company several times against its excessive misappropriation.”

According to a Dispatch report on Thursday, J.Estina inked a $61,000 contract with the Next Entertainment World to expose its products through the series twice.

The report said it was not problematic to wear jewelry products from companies other than the main sponsor J.Estina, quoting a source from TV series production firm, once the series exposed the products met the given product placement quota.

“A production company cannot force an actor or actress to put on jewelry from a company with a product placement contract,” the source was quoted as saying.

The Firm said that J.Estina had “tarnished the actress’ reputation” by bringing up her tax irregularities and would “take action against it.”

“This is such an outrageous act,” a lawyer from the agency told Sports Daily Wednesday. “The first thing they do is shred the reputation of an actress. We are very intimidated (by their act of misleading the public).”

(J.Estina)

J.Estina exposed its products including earrings and necklaces through product placement in the series that stirred global attention, prompting its net sales to soar about 70 percent on-year in March.

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201604281511261579354_2

• Like 12

Thanks everyone for the updates about the lawsuit. 

I'm proud that Song Hye Kyo decided to do what is right. I'm with her.

The clip below is Song Hye Kyo's behind the scenes of "Full House", just to have a change of the atmosphere here and bring her smiles to everyone. Look how happy and comfortable she was when she filmed "Full House". She really did have a lot of fun right? As she once said, her character in "DOTS" is really a mature version of her character in "Full House". 

@utkim I saw that you deleted the news about the settlement of the dispute. So is it not true? I really like your avatar. By the way, are you Vietnamese? I can just guess from your nickname Kim :blush: I'm also from Vietnam. Glad to meet you here.

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, ewff said:

Thanks everyone for the updates about the lawsuit. 

I'm proud that Song Hye Kyo decided to do what is right. I'm with her.

The clip below is Song Hye Kyo's behind the scenes of "Full House", just to have a change of the atmosphere here and bring her smiles to everyone. Look how happy and comfortable she was when she filmed "Full House". She really did have a lot of fun right? As she once said, her character in "DOTS" is really a mature version of her character in "Full House". 

You're right @ewff. She looked like having a lot of fun in the clip. Love her smile.

• Like 3