Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Upcoming Drama 2024:Show Business/Special Appearance Drama 2025: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

thanks for the news/interview u posted. What a great actress she is, with great personality, always willing to challenge herself and refuse to stay in her own comfort zone. Each and every piece of her projects are masterclass. How can you not fall in love with Song Hye Kyo's acting???

• Like 7

The Goddess of all Goddess!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           13096082_1778464782387726_11934989339549

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, twtwb said:

"A Reason to Live"

I have just rewatched "A Reason to Live"/"Today" (directed by Lee Jeong Hyang) (for the third time) and found myself again touched and impressed by her deep but balanced, real but nuanced acting. Below are a review by Beyond Hollywood on the movie and an interview that Song Hye Kyo conducted on Asiae five years ago after she finished filming the movie. These articles are old, but remain relevant and interesting. I thought that I could share some excerpts with new members who haven't read them yet :). 

Thank you @twtwb for the review and interview you posted. I was aware of that movie but I haven't watched it yet because the genre of the film is not suitable for me. But now after reading the reivew and interview you posted, I kinda regret the decision not to watch it. I should have trusted her choice and support her by watching it. Reading the interview and your review makes me want to watch it now. Hopefully it is still available on the internet :sweatingbullets:

• Like 10

It's just appropriate to sue them...they've been using her popularity to gain money...they get too much already when dots drama succeed..the sun earring and necklace was a total hit among buyers...it's a shame that they get two new endorsers who cannot give them profit but instead use hye gyo popularity ..they should be thankful that even she's no longer their endorser she still use their product

• Like 5

It saddens me to read all the lawsuit against Jestina....sighs . I hope she is fine, i was wishing she had a great holiday with her close buddies, not this one :(

72Mnq3.jpg

Anyway, dispatch is still having this pic on their layout at fb...yes we all know how great friendship between Kyo and dispatch...still this is cute  ;)

Spoiler

1nulGW.jpg

• Like 24

She is amazing in everything that she do, both acting and CF, anything that she touch is a hit

She sooo good in TWTWB no one beat her in daesang yr 2013.

and waaayyy beyond real acting in Descendants 

If SHK will not win the Daesang  award this yr in APAN , baeksang, these award giving bodies will be a big joke! 

• Like 7

Her article is trending #1 in Nate. Hope knetizen will not bring up the tax scandal again :(

I keep thinking why she is not doing any cf after the successful drama. TBH it saddened me when she said she is not busy as she thought she would be. Here we all are assuming that she is very selective when it comes to project. But no one actually knows the reason/truth behind.

I miss Kyo and Dots. Before the drama started, I re-watched FH and AIMH while waiting. After the drama ended, I am watching her old movies lol..While my friends are spazzing over how handsome SJK is, I am here refreshing soompi for a piece of Kyo's news :tears:

Girl crush:wub::wub:

tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.gif

• Like 15

Must J. Estina act lowly and greedy like this? Whatever reason they made to end the contract (saying she didn't help boost the sales), the contract is really over and both sides should move on.  J. Estina  was among sponsors for DOTS so SHK wore their accessories; but  the ons-creen exposure from DOTS is not enough for them? Aren't captured pictures circulating everywhere on the internet not enough? Must they use SHK's pictures wearing the accessories openly at stores and on their websites, instagram accounts when she is no longer their model?  Must they drag her old tax issue into this to gain sympathy and divert public attention?

SHK doesn't sue them for money because if she wins, she will donate the money for charity anyway. But I really like that she and her company don't let them taken advantage of her without putting up a fight. Yep, let's say that she suffers no financial loss because of J. Estina's shady actions but her image is being used without consent.

I am curious what netizens say about this. It is also a chance to see how domestic sentiments towards her really is nowadays. Will they fall for J. Estina's tatics or will they understand what SHK and her company are trying to do?

Crossing my fingers that things are gonna be alright.

• Like 17

after the success of DoTs all the while I thought this time SHK will be just enjoying her short break and will be busy again with her CFs/endorsements  if not for any upcoming projects  and we as fans are all looking forward if she will have new endorsements/CF deals but this breaking news about this J Estina lawsuit kinda makes me worried about its outcome and its effect on SHK, its more of an unfortunate news for me and I feel sorry for her that she is being taken advantage of yet it remains a burden to her and her agency/lawyer to win this case and we just wish that they have indeed a very strong case against that company as I don't want any backlash on her part the moment this case will be in favor of that company coz a s early as now that company is also working its way thru media play regarding their stand to the point of dragging her tax isuue and its effect on their image/sales then .  well its true that SHK wears their earrings/bags in DoTs and during filming yes she is still the brand ambassador is this considered as a product placement with agreement with New (DoTs production) coz I wasn't able to see the name of J Estina as part of sponsor after each episode unlike with Laneige , Subway etc...???? as they said her contract ends last Jan thus its just proper that they will pull out from all their ads photos of SHK and ive seen also they have indeed have an new model for their jewelry and bag line billboards/ campaign catalogue but with the popularity of DoTs during its airing , its so obvious that J Estina take advantage by posting photos of SHK with their products used in DoTs as seen on their website thus we find it as a violation of SHK rights just ike what they did before to her during TWTWB days , just hope J Estina doesn't have any agreement with DoTs production for them to utilize SHKs photos in DoTs . anyways , for now we'll just give our love and support to SHK in facing this battle and hope justice will prevail! with this lawsuit news , definitely this company wont expect SHK fans to continue patronizing their products!

still cant get over DoTs , SHKs iconic Dr KMY role will always remain in our hearts!

6afb0f0cgw1f3b79mmrjtj20nm0daab6.jpg

6afb0f0cgw1f3b79pxg73j20nm0data5.jpg

6afb0f0cgw1f3b7a779x8j20hs0hsmyr.jpg

• Like 22

Just woke up to news about SHG and the lawsuit. My two cents about it. I hope she wins this suit and that should teach them a lesson on respecting copyright/infrigement on an artist's image and likeness .I guess she just got fed up with all the people trying to capitalize for free on her image/popularity.  I saw some TV news footage that sales people from that jewelry co. were indeed capitalizing on the DOTS frenzy in selling the jewelry( they tell the tourist customers it's the jewelry SHG wore in DOTS). If her contract was up they should take out her images a long time ago. Today I peeked into their site and they are using the current endorser.  

If they have a PP agreement with the production co. of DOTS then the details of that should be in their contract. The jewelry co. should use DOTS if they are allowed to do so. But they should not use her image and try to sell the product at her expense. And it is disappointing that the co. is fighting underhanded by mentioning her past tax woes. That issue has been settled and if at the time they had a contract with her the said tax issue has affected her function as endorser I am sure they are within their right to have an exit clause in such contracts. They should have used that option instead of being uncool and unclassy this time around. Goes to show how greed can sometimes really rear its ugly head. 

I just wish SHG well at all times. I take pride that she is not letting them get away with this. I hope she gets favorable results. I have been her fan for so long that I just am happy that she has weathered a lot of storms in her life and still has good people around her. FIGHTING! BE STRONG! There are a lot of people happy for you! Just continue pursuing your craft, dream and always with a good heart. 

• Like 21

HyeKyo unnie. Don't worry were here to pray and support for you. 

It is still quite confusing. And many of us still don't know that her contract with the company is already ended. Everyone is waiting for her new cf or ads by the time DotS still airs but there isn't any because of the contract already ended before DotS aired.

The reason behind not renewing her contract is still unknown. But the merely the fact that they violated her right as an astists is not right.

And as was said that they were making noise about the tax issue? This is too much. She just fighting for her rights as an artists. I like how she stands and fight for it. They already reaping and has a great sales because of the success of DotS.

Don't worry about this guys. I think it will not affect her. Her company is doing all the best they can to protect and fight for her.

Aja!Fighting unnie!

• Like 11

I said earlier that a part of me thought it's good to have my normal life back when dots ended. But the fact is i feel so empty, no dots to fill this empty feelings, It hits me really hard :tears:. I miss my and sj :tears:

Don't worry chingus. Kyo is a strong minded woman, she will be fine :)

btw, i wonder if Kyo will have a fan meeting...IT had been so long time ago...and i might consider if times permit ...maybe we soompiers can have a meet over there ? Hehe

• Like 15

Song hye kyo-shi never made any advantage on her part even at the success of DotS. She can have to, but she never did. One proof is about the mitsubishi deal. No question needed. She did it because of her love for her country.

She is also the person who carefully selects any endorsements. Because if she selects all the endorsement offers? She will probably have hundreds.

And the jewelry company? They are tryig to make an statement out of the blue. The tax issue must be out of it. They must be careful if they still want respect from people.

Wow! It's really hard to be Song Hye Kyo.

But i know in God's grace, she will be fine and He will protect her.

• Like 9